Heeeeyyy guys, how y’all doin’? I’m off again today, so I’ve got some time to put some news together. Now there’s a LOT of videos today, which will all be under the cut, as well as some new announcement thingies. Let’s light this fire, shall we?! ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – First off, the devs have announced Strike Suit Infinity, which is basically the game stripped down to a pure survival mode. Anyone who backed their Kickstarter about $150 gets it, the rest of us get discounts. Pretty cool. :) There’s also a new review of the game over on (who’s your) Gaming-Daddy.com. ;)
- X-Rebirth – There’s a new video showing us how the game calculates paths. Nifty stuff. :)
- Evochron Mercenary – There are eight (count ‘em, EIGHT) new tutorial videos showing off new modes such as the planetary mechs and more. You can see videos covering ship control and physics, navigation and system travel, inventory management and tading, contracts and missions, the shipyard and weapon lab, deploying and building, mining and terrain walkers and space combat and combat systems by either clicking the links, or viewing their embedded versions beneath the cut below.
- Drox Operative – There’s a new review of the game over on leetNEET (yes, that’s the site’s name). ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a pretty big customer service update over on their site covering a lot of various, yet important, questions.
- Aeon Command – The folks behind this game, Bat Country Games, have a new dev blog talking about both Aeon Command and some tidbits on their upcoming game, which I hope is also in space. ;)
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a post about destroying outposts.
- Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger – This, along with a bunch of other games, are now available for the Mac when purchased from GOG.com.
Finally, we have a couple of deals, which include:
That’s it for today folks. Enjoy! I’m gonna go watch those Evochron videos and try to dive back into the game my own self. Have a great day!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals 4/23/13: Holy Crap, Videos!” »
Pew to the Power of Pew!
Welcome to this week’s episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast! This time Jim and I talk to Paul Tobia, or Rorschach on several forums, who is something of an expert on the Sword of the Stars series. I was fairly “meh” on Sword of the Stars II a little while back, so we asked Paul on to help convince us (and hopefully, you folks), that the game is worth our time.
Podcast: Play in new window
We hope you enjoy this week’s episode, and as always, invite your comments either below or on the forum. Thanks for listening!
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #07: Getting Sold on Swords and Stars” »
endless space, Galactose, Homeworld, homeworld 2, homeworld cataclysm, Kerbal Space Program, northstar, rogue system, sins of a solar empire, star citizen, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon, wing commander
Light News Today…
Hey folks, happy Thursday! After yesterday’s deluuuuuuge of news, today feels like a light misting, a drizzle, if you will. A spritz even. Okay, I need to stop now…ONTO NEWS!
That’s it for news, but there’s an AMAZING deal today. GamersGate is having Sword of the Stars sale, and you can get the Sword of the Stars Collection, which includes the complete versions of BOTH games, for freaking $6.23. That’s all! Regardless of how you feel about the second game, this is an AWESOME deal if you don’t already own these games, do you should SERIOUSLY jump on it.
That’s it?! Yeah, I know! Have a great day folks!
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online
So. Much. News!
Haaaaay everyone, happy Monday! Also, in the U.S., let’s take a moment to remember the amazing man that was Martin Luther King Jr., for I know I wish he was still here with us. In happier news, it’s my staycation! WOOOOO! Sorry I didn’t post on Friday, but I had a CRAPTON of stuff I had to do that day before leaving work, so this is a catch up edition of the news, and there’s aplenty of it, so let’s get started!
- I just wanna help push the latest Skyjacker kickstarter, as it has four days left and I’d REALLY like ‘em to meet their goal this time. ;) You can also read little article Rock, Paper Shotgun wrote up on ‘em, as well as my Q&A with the devs from way back. Please give if you can. :)
- The Vendetta Online folks have launched their own Kickstarter to help fund the creation of an iPad version of the game as well as the latest major revision to the existing game. Speaking of the existing game, there’s a new update with a bunch of fixes.
- According to a post on the Kinetic Void Kickstarter page, the Kinetic Void folks are planning for the first alpha to be available hopefully around mid-February, with a beta to follow in April. Yay!!!
- In a press release, the Miner Wars 2081 folks have detailed a new patch which adds an offline mode, a cheat mode and numerous bug fixes. They also have a lengthy topic on the new patch over on Steam which goes into more detail.
- The Galaxial blog has a huge new update talking about color variations for asteroids and sectors, railguns and optimizations to their rendering.
- Thanks to 4xgamer for pointing out that there’s a new Star Lords alpha available for your downloading pleasure. Dunno how I missed that.
- I also don’t know how I missed a new patch for Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, but thankfully Blue’s News didn’t. ;) I thought I was on these people’s email lists or something. ;)
- There’s a new update on the StarMade blog talking about its new faction system.
- There’s some lovely new wallpaper for y’all to download over on the Star Conflict site. They also have a new patch which improves corporations.
- The Ring Runner folks have added Tom Servo of Mystery Science 3000 to their payroll, apparently. ;)
- The folks at TruePCGaming have posted their review of Drox Operative (which I’ll be getting to this week I SWEAR). ;)
- Over on their forums, the Amplitude folks have posted where multiplayer stands in Endless Space.
- The folks at IGN have a Let’s Try Video of Zigfrak, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- There’s a new update for Evochron Mercenary on the official site (you just download the whole kit and kaboodle and install it over your existing installation, FYI), which apparently helps with frame rate issues and a bunch of other stuff.
- The IndieDB page for OreSome has a list of the latest patches, as well as news of a preview over on Dad’s Gaming Addiction.
- A new EVE Online deb blog talks about the new duelng feature.
- There’s a new story series called “The Lost Generation” over on the Star Citizen website, and the first issue just launched.
- There’s a new update on the Star Command Kickstarter talking about why the gamehas been delayed.
- According to a new post on the SlipSpace Kickstarter, the game will now support the GameStick thingy.
- Over on Twitter, Celsius Game Studios has a new screenshot of an Egret in Drifter for us to gawk at.
- Finally in spacey gaming news, there are some new concept art shots of Edge of Space over on the game’s forum.
There’s also some non-direct space gaming news from folks related to space gaming, such as:
That’s it! Thanks for your time and patience folks, and have an awesome day. :)
drifter, drox operative, edge of space, endless space, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, gratuitous space battles, Homeworld, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, skyjacker, slipspace, star citizen, Star Command, Star Conflict, star lords, starmade, strike suit zero, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online, weird worlds return to infinite space, zigfrak
IT OWNS YOU! ;)
The Steam Holiday Sale is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, and here are all the spacey games I’ve been able to find (which is similar to the Thanksgiving sale in a lot of ways):
No go buy stuff! ;)
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, darkstar one, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gratuitous space battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
*glug* SO MUCH *glug* NEWS
AAHHH! SO MUCH NEWS and DEALS! I’m drowning in it! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp!
- *coughing up water* Okay, here’s a bit that both news and a deal! HAH! Didn’t expect that one huh? So y’all remember Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space? Well apparently the folks behind it, Infinite Space Games, severed ties with the folks at Shrapnel Games and can now sell their games on places like Desura and Steam for much cheaper than before. Speaking of cheap, it’ll also be on IndieGameStand starting next Monday! AWESOME. There’s also a new launch trailer you can watch by clicking the link or watching it below. :) This is awesome, as these guys deserve more sales.
- In other big news, Kerbal Space Program will soon be “sandbox complete” with what they’re calling their biggest update yet. To celebrate this and their second anniversary, they’ll be hosting a KerbalKon on November 30th with dev talks, interviews, contests and more! I hope to get an early review copy so I can finally, seriously dive into it and hopefully not crash every time I try to fly anything. ;)
- There’s a lot of Endless Space news today, including a new dev blog entry talking about multiplayer, a new trailer over on Facebook (which is too big to embed below) and a new review over on TruePCGaming.
- Over on the Kickstarter for Limit Theory, Josh wrote a little entry about reaching his funding goals, as did Rock, Paper Shotgun.
- In Star Citizen news, there’s an interview with Chris Roberts from PressPlayOnline (which I’ll embed below) as well as a new FAQ covering insurance and more.
- On the Kickstarter for Dominion – Episode 1, there’s word of a new screenshot and an updated video for the pitch.
- The FTL folks have an update on their Kickstarter page regarding those waiting for physical rewards.
- There a review of Miner Wars 2081 over on Green Lit Gaming.
- Finally, there’s an article on IncGamers about how the publisher model prevented Elite: Dangerous from being made. No further comment on that.
You thought I was done?! HAH, I’ve barely BEGUN! Now we have DEALS!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! First, the dev behind Dangerous let me know that his game is on sale on GamersGate, where you can the game itself for $10, the soundtrack for $4, or the deluxe edition (which includes both) for $12.50. That isn’t all GamersGate has for us today. They also have:
AND THAT’S NOT ALL! The folks at Green Man Gaming are having an Iceberg Interactive sale, which includes these spacey games:
FINALLY, over on the Concept Ships blog, they have some lovely ship designs from Dmitry Vishnevsky.
OMG I can breathe again! WHEW! That took pretty much my entire lunch break to write, so I hope y’all enjoyed it. Have a great day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Newsies and Dealsies – 11/27/12” »
arvoch alliance, arvoch conflict, dangerous, dominion, elite: dangerous, endless space, evochron legends, FTL, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, miner wars 2081, sol exodus, star citizen, star ruler, starpoint gemini, sword of the stars, weird worlds return to infinite space
OMG THE SALES! RUN! SAVE YOURSELVES!
Happy Black Friday y’all! I hope y’all had a lovely Thanksgiving here in the US, and I hope y’all are jumping on all the sales today. In trying to help y’all out, I’m putting this post all the non-Steam sales on spacey games I can find. Here we go:
Warning: LONG List Ahead!
Armada 2526, Armada 2526 Supernova, arvoch alliance, arvoch conflict, dark horizon, darkstar one, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, endless space, evochron legends, Evochron Mercenary, Evochron Renegades, Galactic Civilizations I, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, genesis rising, Haegemonia - Legion of Iron, Haegemonia - The Solon Heritage, master of orion, Master of Orion III, o.r.b., Outforce, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Smugglers IV - Doomsday, sol exodus, Space Trade, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, Starships Unlimited v3, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, X3: Gold Edition, X3: Terran Conflic
You Magnificent Bastard!
Edit 2:Updated as of Black Friday morning with more deals.
Edit 1: This looks like a handily dandily tool to keep track of this stuff. Hope y’all find it helpful. :)
And we’re off! Once again, Steam is giving us the opportunity to throw money at them with another huge sale, the Steam Autumn Sale! So big, it deserves its own post! ;) Now, I don’t know all of the deals as I don’t have the time or energy to go through EEEEEVERYTHANG, but here’s the spacey game deals I did find (and please feel free to mention others in the comments.
First off, there’s an indie games sale which includes the following spacey game deals:
- FTL for $9.99 or with its soundtrack for $13.98. This one could be glitchy since the sale just began.
- Gemini Wars for $11.99
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack for $9.49 (or 75% off the individual game and 50% off each piece of DLC). This one is a STEAL.
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99, which is fantastic.
- Endless Space for $14.99 for the Admiral Edition, $17.49 for the Emperor Special Edition, and $1.70 to upgrade the Admiral to the Emperor Edition.
As for individual games, the ones I know of so far are:
So go have at it! Have fun, spend responsibly, and enjoy! Good luck, and good hunting my friends.
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
Today’s News is Brought to You by the Color Blue!
HAH, 10, 11, 12, ahahahahahahha. You see that? In the…date…there…? Okay, maybe I’m the only one that finds it funny, but it’s my site, so deal with it. ;) There’s a good chunk of newsiness happening in space gaming today, so let’s take a look:
- The EVE Online blog has been updated with a new post looking at what the various dev teams are doing for their upcoming expansion, Retribution. I’ll embed it after the cut.
- Wow, another day, another patch for Drox Operative patch, this time taking the game to version 0.925. Changes include “fixed attacking with left click” and other fun stuff.
- I got a press release from the folks at Topware saying their new strategy game Planets Under Attack is now on Steam, even though it was there last week?
- The Nexus 2 folks have an update on their Kickstarter page detailing the ships crew, heroes and so on.
- According to the Blackspace Kickstarter page, they’re gonna be doing an AAMA on Reddit tonight starting at 8PM EST. If you don’t get your question in, maybe they answered it in our Q&A. ;)
- Arcen Games has released a new beta update for AI War entitled, ”Apply MkII Sanding Machine“, bringing the game to version 5.092.
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has been updated with information on the final revisions to the ship data structure system.
- Over on Rock, Paper Shotgun they have word of a new mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (which is also on sale this weekend, on that in a sec) which brings in ships from the Mass Effect games.
- Finally, over on the Penny Arcade Report, they have a different take on yesterday’s announcement regarding Star Citizen. A fairly negative one at that. I tried to read it, but all I heard in my head were the adults from Charlie Brown cartoons. ;) No, I’m not biased at all. :P
In the deals column, GamersGate is having a “Sins of Solar Empire” weekend, which includes the following deals:
Their daily deal is also the Sword of the Stars Complete
for $4.99, which is a great deal if you don’t already own this game. Overall, not bad deals if you ask me.
Finally, over on the Concept Ships blog
, they have a lovely picture from Dmitry Zaviyalov.
That’s all for now folks. Enjoy your day! :)
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 10/11/12” »
ai war fleet command, beyond beyaan, blackspace, drox operative, eve online, nexus 2, planets under attack, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, star citizen, sword of the stars