Welcome to Sword of the Stars my friends! This is a game everyone has told me I need to play, as it came out whilst I was on a gaming hiatus, so I totally missed it when it was originally released! I’m now trying to correct that problem, so after skimming the manual, and with friend-of-the-podcast Paul’s legendary Wiki at my side, I’m diving into this rather unique entry into the space 4X field. In this entry, I select the Tarkas race (since they’re apparently solid for beginners like me) and start making my way across the galaxy. I colonize a few planets and build several fleets, and actually lose a fleet to some asteroid base that I hope to clean up in the next entry! Stay tuned!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.