Welcome back to Sword of the Stars my friends! In this session, I research the ability to talk to the Liirians and tell them to, truly, stop harrassing me. That’s actually an option in the game. They SAID they’d make no more war on me, but they’re dirty lying liars the lot of them. I eventually lost a colony to them, and when I tried to attack another one, they kicked my ass with their obscene amount of cruisers. Seriously, I got schooled. This game doesn’t play around, and I love it for that. It’s got competent AI, great combat, and tons of gameplay options, and it’s really moved to the top of my 4X pantheon after this round of videos. It’s really that good, and I’m kicking myself for not having played it sooner. Friends, if you have any interest in space 4X games and you DON’T own this, I have to tell you, don’t be a fool like I was. Get this as soon as you can. It’s $10 normally on Steam, goes on sale all the time and is a TON of fun. Thanks for watching this week’s series!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!