Spacey Game Newsies and Dealsies 6/13-14/13: The Freaking Exhausted Edition
Helllloooooo everyone, and happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, the day just got away from me and I just had no energy left by the end of it. That kinda bleeds into today, where I’m staying home because I slept soooo poorly last night (and for the last few weeks, honestly) that I could barely get out of bed. Also, some moron ringing my doorbell at 2 AM didn’t help. I’ve barely had energy for anything of late, even gaming, sadly. I hope that getting a bunch of extra rest today helps with that. Now, with that said, there’s a good bit of news and deals to get through, so let’s get to it.
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – There are five new videos from our buddy Das24680 for you to enjoy showing a precursor empire in progress. I’ll also embed them below.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has another look at the Battle of Fountain as well as the Battle of 7-885X for y’all to read about. :) Polygon also has a hands-on look at EVR, CCP’s dogfighting game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a fan spotlight on fan-made ships as well as an interview with production manager Ron LaJoie, which I’ll embed below as well.
- Drox Operative – The races page has been updated with the new Scavenger race from the upcoming expansion, Invasion of the Ancients.
- AI War – There have been two patches entitled “Activating Vengeful Sanding Machine MkII” and “Activating Vengeful Sanding Machine MkIII” which add further polish to the game in preparation for the upcoming 7.0 release.
- Void Destroyer – They’ve passed 700 backers on their way toward beating their goal, according to their Kickstarter page. Thanks folks! :)
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch out called “Combat Advantage” which apparently lets you “experience the full power of your modules, and to raise the effectiveness of your battles”. How nice. :)
But wait, we have more. There’s a good amount of deals happening right now as well! :)
- First off, today’s daily deal on Steam is Strike Suit Zero for $9.99.
- Steam is also having a weekend deal on Kerbal Space Program for $15.40, which is a freaking steal people for how much stuff there is here.
- Then, the latest Indie Gala bundle includes both Sword of the Stars Complete and Star Ruler, plus a bunch of other games, for $5.96 currently.
- The Indie Gala store has deals on both Space Empires IV Deluxe for $4.99 and Space Empires V for $2.99.
- Finally, GamersGate is having a Stardock Weekend which includes deals on both Galactic Civilizations games and all of the Sins of a Solar Empire stuff.
And that’s it folks. Thanks for reading, and have an awesome weekend!