Welllll haaaaaayyy guys, how y’all been? I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve been one busy little bee of late in trying to keep the site update with new content regularly. Switching to video, for me, has been TREMENDOUSLY helpful in being able to balance time, energy and motivation, and it’s bringing more people to the site and to YouTube as well, so I couldn’t be happier. ;) That doesn’t mean I’m giving up on text, however, and while I’ve not done a news piece in a while, I figured it was about time I put something together. This won’t include EVERYTHING since the last news post, because I need sleep and sanity, but it’ll include great stuff. If an item isn’t here about your game, I’m sorry, I’ll try to get it next time. With that said, let’s get on with it!
- Galactic Inheritors – Thanks to Space Sector for making me aware of this interesting looking 4X thingy. Can’t wait to learn more about it.
- M.O.R.E. – There’s a new pre-alpha dev video up on YouTube which shows some of the game in action, and it looks great. Can’t wait to play it soon I hope. ;)
- StarDrive 2 – There’s also a new dev log video up for this game as well!
- Contact Vector – Over on Death by Beta, they have a Q&A with developer Stephen Moorhouse about this awesome looking RTS.
- VoidExpanse – A new patch includes a bunch of new stuff, such as a new launcher, an overhauled quest system, more weapons and ships and even more. I’ve been playing it and boy is it fun.
- Distant Worlds: Universe – The folks ar Rock, Paper Shotgun have a pretty unique review of the game, and there are new videos from Larry Monte and Das24680 that deserve your attemtion, so I’ll link to the playlists. ;)
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 – More of this game is slowly being revealed, including some scrumptous screenshots for us all to gawk at. ;)
- Wing Commander – Plenty of stuff over on the CIC, including ships being imported into Beat Hazard, an update on the upcoming music album and much more.
- Gangs of Space – A detailed blog post introduces new ships, a new skill system and more.
- Starsector – A new blog post goes into the details of designing and drawing a new ship for the game. It’s really cool to read how it all comes together.
- Star Chess – A friend of mine made this game, and it looks pretty cool, so check it out.
- Rodina – The news is that 1.1.0 is now in beta. This means that, “all the features are done- there’s nothing else on the list, and things are working really well.” I’ll have to revisit the game soon.
- Lightray – This game came to my attention after being Tweeted at by one of the devs, and it looks like an awesome game focusing on space exploration (my favorite!) in procedurally generated (love that!) universes! Sold!
- Icarus Proudbottom: Starship Captain – Several folks pointed me to this Rock, Paper Shotgun article covering this Kickstarter about a bridge simulator/adventure game that I’m about to back once I’m done writing this. ;)
- Paragon – This open universe space game based on the Pioneer engine is now available on Steam.
- EVE Valkyrie – The Escapist has a great preview video that I sadly can’t embed, but go over there and watch it! ;)
- Star Citizen – Sure, the dogfighting module was delayed, whatever, I’m too busy reading the new ship specs page. ;) (Seriously, I’m bummed at the delay. Sigh.)
- Wayward: Terran Frontier – A new blog post has a look at some ship module specs.
- Ascent: The Space Game – A massive new addition to the game now allows colonization of all outer planets, which is just huge.
- Tannhauser – I just found out about this free exploration game recently, but have yet to play it. Looks pretty cool though.
We’re not done though, as there are some sales going on! First off, the BundleStars Intense Bundle includes Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars and a bunch of other games for $3.99, and is going on for three more days. The Bundle Stars folks are also having a Paradox sale, which includes Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition for $5 and the original Sword of the Stars for $2.50. Finally, as part of Steam’s weeklong sales, they have Armada 2526 Gold Edition for $5.99.
That’s it. Thanks for reading folks, and have a great day!