I Really Need More News Graphics…
Haaaaaaaaaallllloooooo folks, and happy Tuesday! I hope your week is flowing along swimmingly. Now there’s a good chunk of news today to end the month on, much of it from some awesome game devs, so let’s take a look!
- Strike Suit Infinity – This endless score chaser standaloney thingy based on Strike Suit Zero is out now, and you can see the launch trailer at their Kickstarter page (I can’t seem to embed it, sorry). It’s $7 on its own, but if you kicked to ‘em before, you get a discount code. I snagged a copy, and will let’cha know what I think as soon as I get some time with it.
- Limit Theory – Hot on the heels of the recent Prototype video, Josh has released his latest dev update for April which includes new screenshots and news of a new artist!
- Drox Operative – There’s a new beta patch that has just a ton of changes, which you can read about here.
- StarDrive – Space Sector has posted their review of the game. Hopefully more reviews will come in soon.
- Rogue System – There’s a new dev posting about the progress of the game, as well as a video showing off dynamic orbital motion, which I’ll embed below.
- Void of Darkness – On our own forum, the game’s dev has outlined a progress update, and wow, the game is a fair bit along! Yay!
- StarMade – There’s some new pilot girl concept art. Why can’t it just be called a pilot? ;)
- Star Citizen – Thanks to VGN24/7 for letting us know that crowdfunding for the game has passed the $9 million mark! Congrats to Mr. Roberts and his team!
- Star Trek Online – In a recent dev blog entry, they’ve detailed subscriber rewards for the new Romulan expansion.
Finally, in deals, I missed one from GamersGate yesterday, a 1C Space Strategy Pack that includes Star Wolves 3: Civil War and The Tomorrow War for $12.48.
That’s it for now! :)Thanks for reading folks, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals 4/30/13: Bring on the Devs!” »
drox operative, limit theory, rogue system, star citizen, star trek online, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, stardrive, starmade, Strike Suit Infinity, the tomorrow war, void of darkness
It’s Just Piling Up Today…
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay friends, how are you? Welcome back from the weekend, and happy Monday! I hope y’all are having a great day! I know I am because there’s just so much spacey gameyness going on! ;) Let’s dive in, shall we?
- Limit Theory – A new Limit Theory Prototype has been released, and while only those who pledged at the $75 level and above during the Kickstarter can PLAY it, there’s a video tutorial of it we can watch at least while we wait for beta access. It’ll also be embedded below. I wanna play this noooooooow. *weeps*
- Star Citizen – The Aurora fighter has been fully detailed in a lovely new brochure, and there’s a sale on the craft as well, this week only. It’s selling well enough for there to be a thank you post with more info, art and so on. I’m very tempted to get one…
- EVE Online – The Mittani has just a deluge of reports from FanFest, including the keynote, CCP Presents, art developments, CSM8 winners, as well as other articles covering the great fuel crunch and Heydieles and Old Man Star changing hands. On the dev blog, there are articles covering resource rebalancing in Odyssey as well as a resource rebalancing as well. Then, according to multiple sources, there will be an EVE Online TV and comic book series using player-submitted stories. Wow. Finally, some CCP programmers made a first-person dogfighting game called EVR that looks pretty damned cool.
- Infinite Space 3 – The good folks at Digital Eel made their Kickstarter goal! Congrats to them!!!
- StarDrive – Hold the Line has an interview with Dan DiCicco about the game.
- Void of Darkness – Seems the main dev is running into some coding problems. ;)
- Ring Runner – There’s a lovely preview of the game over on Greenlit Gaming. This reminds me that I need to add this to my preview queue…
- StarLife – There’s a preview article covering colinies, events and regions for y’all to dig into.
- Dominion – After testing a new pitch, these folks are gonna launch a new Kickstarter campaign on May 4th. Best of luck to ‘em!S
- StarMade – There’s a new post detailing startup sync and missile changes.
- Drox Operative – The folks at Indie Game Magazine has a Let’s Try video of the game, which I’ll embed below.
- Epic Space Game – A new update brings smoother mouse zooming, changes to jump drives and a lot more.
- OreSome – In a recent IndieDB post, apparently multiplayer is being experimented with. You can now also buy the game on GamersGate.
- And Here the Wheel – The author of this novel based on Elite: Dangerous has a progress update for us all to read.
Whew, that’s a mouthful right there, but we also have deals! These include:
Then, in somewhat related news, some of the developers from the original Homeworld have launched their new RTS, Hardware: Shipbreakers, which sadly doesn’t appear to take place in space. Boo. Finally, SpaceSector has posted its latest list of the Kickstarters that made it and didn’t, which is a fun read.
That’s it for now folks. Have an awesome day!!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 4/29/13: Back to Work!” »
And Here the Wheel, drox operative, elite: dangerous, epic space game, eve online, galactic civilizations, gemini wars, Homeworld, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, limit theory, oresome, ring runner, star citizen, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, stardrive, starlife, starmade, the tomorrow war, void of darkness
News from Around the World! ;)
Hellloooo folks, and happy Friday! Sorry I missed news over the last couple of days, work totally got away from me. There’s a lot of goodness to go over, so let’s get to it and start the weekend right, shall we? :)
- StarDrive – StarDrive is alive! And by that, I mean it’s out of beta and finally in a release state on Steam…I hope. ;) It’s also 10% off until May 3rd. Stay tuned for my multi-part review soon…ish. ;)
- Star Citizen – Lots of news in this arena. First from the official site, news of their new office here in Los Angeles (yay!), part four of their writers guide is up, a look at Anvil Aerospace, an in-game news transcript on AI pilots has been released, and you can meet audio director Martin Galway (video embedded below). Elsewhere, Chris Roberts has been making the rounds, talking to The Escapist about Kickstarter and VGN24/7 on the game being on the Playstation 4.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a nice update on the new UI system.
- EVE Online – Lots of news from The Mittani, including a look from FanFest at the game’s economy as well as a word on ship rebalancing. They also have articles on cap ship rigs, another perspective on the burning of Jita as well as planetary interaction.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks are having a fighters and bombers archetype contest.
- Star Conflict – There’s some new art on the official site in the sectors and wallpapers sections.
- Star Trek Online – It’s Romulanrific over on the dev blog, with a look at Warbird singularity powers and new wallpapers of Romulan ships.
- Pytheas – First update in ages, and it’s about construction in their sandbox engine, which is pretty nifty from a technical perspective.
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new update on bartering in the game as well as a new IndieDB page for the game (though it appears broken as I write this).
- Deep Space Settlement – Speaking of IndieDB, news for this game is being moved to their IndieDB page as well.
- Space Empires IV – This game is now available on GoG for $9.99. I’d keep an eye out for a sale though, I’ve seen it as low as a dollar or two on other sites.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a nice anecdotal update on how games programmed the dev’s brain. They also have a new podcast episode for your listening pleasure.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s another dev update video which features David Braben in an AWESOME shirt. Seriously, I want one. The vid will be embedded below as well.
- Ring Runner – The box art has been released, and it’s sweeeeeeeet.
- Freeworlds – There’s a new update on their ModDB page about a refocusing of the project. Good, because I wanna play it NOW.
- SkyJacker – There’s an update on the starship constructor project on their Kickstarter, which looks awesome!
- AI War - There’s a new update entitled “Honored Bugs” that fixes some longstanding problems in the game.
- StarMade – There’s a new update that tweaks the AI.
- Expanse: First Contact – This appears to be a new game on Kickstarter which looks neat, so check it out.
And now, onto the deals, of which there are several, including:
That’s it friends!! Have a great weekend, and may it be full of awesome gaming!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 4/24-26/13: The Everybody’s Working for the Weekend Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, Expanse: First Contact, Freeworlds, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, pytheas, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, sins of a solar empire trinity, skyjacker, Space Empires IV, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, strange adventures in infinite space, Void of Darknes, weird worlds return to infinite space
Hellooooo everyone, and welcome to Monday! I’m off today on account of getting a tooth removed, so I’m writing part of this before I leave for my little operation. I’ll write the rest when I get back, likely on drugs, to add to the entertainment. ;) Sorry for the lack of news later last week, the week totally got away from me. That said, let’s get into some newwwwwws bitches! ;)
- Homeworld – Gearbox has purchased the IP.
Apparently, according to PC Gamer (and other sources, but I saw it there first), someone — and we don’t know who yet — snagged the Homeworld IP in a recent auction of THQ’s assets. Sadly, it wasn’t to the teamPixel folks who’d been trying to hard to raise the funds. Hopefully it ended up in good hands, but we don’t know yet, sadly.
- Infinite Space 3 – There’s some new art and a combat video over on their Kickstarter page. We’re also gonna be interviewing some of the folks behind this game for this week’s podcast, so stay tuned! :)
- Void of Darkness – A couple of updated for your reading pleasure. First, a forum update, followed by a role-playing update, which is nifty.
- StarMade – There are some new server stability fixes and the fixing of a ghost bug.
- ScrumbleShip – According to the dev’s Kickstarter and IndieDB pages, there will be a new launcher for the game called ScrumbleGet. This I like.
- Ring Runner – According to a post on their Kicksarter, their lon-linear arch is nearly complete, which has me all aflutter, as I love non-linear anything. There’s also an interview with their Dryere brothers — the lead devs of the game — in The Leader, which is a good read (based on what I skimmed anyway). ;)
- EVE Online – Loooots of stuff recently. First, from the official site blogs, there’s news of a single sign in for account management, a spotlight on EVE Backstage, and info on the client and EULA modifications. Then from The Mittani, they have articles on the burning of Jita, the death of Aeon, ten years of GARPA and an epic brawl in Ardia which resulted in the loss of ten capital ships.
- Star Rift – Thanks to Goomich over on Steam for letting me know about this new game on Greenlight. It looks like a first/third-person space combat/trading game, and you can learn more from the official site or from the trailer, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- Star Trek Online – There are dev blogs on Romulan ship progression and a revamp to the UI, as well as a video showing off a Legacy Pack, which I’ll embed below.
- Icarus Ascends – The dev for this game came onto our forum to let us know about this game, which looks pretty cool. Go check it out! I’ll embed the video below.
- Escaping Titan – Congrats to the team on their super successful Kickstarter, which brought in over 300% of its goal.
- Infinity – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a nice article summimg up where the game is now after all this time.
- Beyond Beyaan – There are two posts covering UI and data in the game.
- StarDrive – According to a post on RTS Guru, the game will be available this Friday, April 26th. They also have a preview to boot. I’m working on my own preview too, so please stay tuned. :)
- Star Conflict – The latest update to the game brings along sector conquests with it. Nifty!
- Vendetta Online – The game has now been officially released for the iPad! One more reason I wanna get one someday! ;)
- Star Citizen – Part three of the Writer’s Guide is now up, and you can also watch a video with team member Adam Poole, which I’ll also embed below.
But wait, there’s more, we also have some deals to gawk at!!
Finally, the dev of Lex Laser Saves the Galaxy, Again asked me to pimp his game on Kickstarter, so here ya go, and you can see some lovely concept ship art by Philipp Erkinger at the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it folks, now I’m gonna go crawl into a ball and hope this pain goes away soon. ;) Have a great day!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals 4/18-22/13: The Owwie Edition” »
beyond beyaan, dawnstar, endless space, escaping titan, eve online, Galaxy on Fire II HD, gimbal, Homeworld, Icarus Ascends, Infinite Space 3, infinity, Mass Effect 2, ring runner, ScrumbleShip, star citizen, Star Conflict, Star Rift, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, Vendetta Online, void of darkness
SO MUCH NEWSINESS!
Helllllloooooo my wonderful awesome friends! I’m back! I think! *checks* Yes, I’m back! Sorry for the lack of news posts, got surprisingly busy all over the place and just didn’t have the time. I do now though, yay! There’s a lot to go over, so let’s dive in, it’s all warm and stuff! ;)
- EVE Online – On the official site, they have a video of true stories from the first decade of the game (which will be embdedded below). The Mittani has articles on cruise missile fixes, mission fixes and news about an alliance slapfight.
- Drox Operative – The big news is MOD TOOLS! Yay! There’s also a new patch that fixes trade requests and other things.
- StarMade – Several updates include news on server crashes, a custom docking area, wedge shapes, faction options and other bugfixes.
- Star Conflict – There are updates on new gold standards as well as a new combat specialization.
- Star Citizen – There’s new art of the 300i fighter, which is alovely. There’s also a naming system poll, a spotlight on fan RADD and a new update to their writer’s guide.
- Voidnex – Thanks to reader Goomich for pointing out this new game to me. Looks nifty!
- StarDrive – The good folks at RTS Guru have written a preview of the game.
- FTL – You can now buy FTL-themed merchandise, such as a Kestrel hoodie or a pirate t-shirt. I so want the hoodie. There’s also an interview with the devs over on PixelJudge.
- Solar War – There’s a new version of the game available, which adds support for more factions, event chains and even more.
- Freespace Port – Version 3.4 of the port of Descent: Freespace to the Freespace 2 engine has been released! Go git it!
- Rogue System – Their new website has a chart that shows the progress of the game, which is awesome to see. I want it now though. ;)
- Infinite Space 3 – On their Kickstarter, they’ve announced a soundtrack as well as stretch goals! Go check it out and kick ‘em something!
- Mok Force – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for writing about this neat-looking shmup.
- Homeworld 2 Complex – The latest version of this extensive mod has been released on ModDB. You can see a trailer of it in action below.
- Neptune’s Pride II – Thanks again to Rock, Paper Shotgun for letting us know about a new version of this popular browser-based space conquest game.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks need help to save the Sowers.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new build which adds event handling and a new UI, among other things. The game also has its own cursor now, as well as velociraptors. ;)
- Stars of Call – According to a post on our very own forum, there’s a new version of this nifty Naev total conversion.
- Infinity – There’s a HUGE update on planetary engine improvements, which looks FANTASTIC. Can they FINALLY release this thing please? ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – As reported by Eurogamer, there was some confusion and outcry over the notion of paid expansions for the game. This was thankfully dealt with by a post from the devs on their blog.
- Void of Darkness – The dev has begun writing the dialog for all the alien races, apparently.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entry to read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode for y’all to listen to. :)
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new Fiction Diary for the game on YouTube, as well as embedded below.
- Galactic Patrol 2013 – There’s a new Kickstarter for this game that has the blessings of the original Galactic Patrol folks. Go check it out.
- Joystick Required – This was a space game news site run by a Jumpgate colleague of mine back in the day, and it’s back, so go check it out and say hello!
- Strike Vector – This is spacey enough to warrant inclusion. Just go watch this trailer. Seriously, watch it.
- AI War – There’s a new patch called “Nebulous Diligence” which works to improve the AI.
We’re not done yet folks! We have DEALS too!! Let’s do this!
- Space Pirates and Zombies is on sale at GMG for $5.08
- Beat Hazard EVERYTHING is part of the latest Indie Gala weekly bundle, and you can get all of it f or $1.87, which is a FREAKING steal people.
- Gamestop is having a spring sale on everything Stardock, which includes:
- AI War is also part of a Steam weeklong sale, in which everything is 75% off.
- There’s also an IndieFort Spring Bundle which has both AI War and Zigfrak for $7.99.
FINALLY, the folks at Arcen games (who made the aforementioned AI War) have announced a new game called Skyward Collapse, which looks awesome.
That’s it! Have a great day folks!
Get’cher Videos Right Here…
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, beat hazard, beyond beyaan, Descent: Freespace, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, freespace 2, FTL, Galactic Civilizations I, galactic civilizations ii, galactic patrol 2013, homeworld 2, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, infinity, Kerbal Space Program, mok force, neptune's pride ii, rogue system, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, solar war, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, stars of call, strike vector, void of darkness, voidnex, zigfrak
Bringin’ Back the Daily News…
Hello folks, and happy hump day! I hope you’re having an awesome day, and to add to that awesome, here’s some space game news! :) Enjoy!
- EVE Online – The official dev blog discusses changes to Navy ships in Odyssey. The Mittani has word on the SpaceMonkey Alliance losing 600+ billion ISK to dirty thieves.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new issue of their newsletter out, which talks about freighters, procedural planet generation and so on.
- Star Citizen – Their press roundup this week is a vid of Chris Roberts’ SXSW presentation, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- StarMade – A pair of updates covering a symmetry build tool and flood/security fixes.
- Devinity – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for this. This is apparently a mod of Garry’s Mod in space, with NPCs, physics, planets, missions and so on! Check out the videos below!
- Star Trek Online – Apparently folks can expect new visits from the folks on New Romulus, which means new shuttlebays or some such.
- AI War – Another new patch to grace our presence, this time entitled “Defending The AI’s Front Lawn” which promises more “enthusiastic” AI.
- Dominion – The official site has a new post on salvage and exploration.
- Retrobooster – The dev has posted his impressions from GDC.
Finally today, in the deals arena, the Humble Bundle folks are having a weekly sale that includes four Blendo games, including the fun little space game Flotilla, which you can get for $1 currently.
That’s it folks! Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Newsies & Dealies 4/10/13: A Light Day by Comparison” »
So Many Pieces of News…
Haaaaaaaayyyyy folks, happy Whenever-I-Finally-Post-This! ;) I hope these last weeks have found you all well, and less busy/tired than I’ve been. ;) I’ve just not had time to do the news (or much else) in the past several weeks. That’s a-changing though, for a couple of reasons. First, work is slowing down, so I’ll have more physical and mental energy to put toward the blog. Secondly, I found I was more productive on the blog before my awesome girlfriend moved in, so I’ve come up with the hopeful solution of setting aside certain nights of the week, and weekends when I have time, to dedicate time and energy solely to this blog. This should help me find a better balance and begin to put out content more regularly again. :)
As for news, let’s just dive in, as there’s a TON to go over (so much so I’m putting it under a cut):
Enjoy the Onslaught…
0x10c, ai war, And Here the Wheel, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, dominion, drox operative, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, FTL, Galactic Domination, Galaxy on Fire II HD, imperium galactica, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, OpenIG, oresome, predestination, rodina, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, Starflight II, starlife, starmade, starsector, starstrategy, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, Tradewars, Tradewars Rising, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x rebirth
Glug Glug SO MUCH NEWS Glug
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! Sorry for the severe delay in, well, nearly everything, but I’ve had a HELLUVA week. I was out of town most of the weekend and had to put in several extra hours at work so I could take some time off today, but it’s all for a good reason. ;) Now I’m back in town and kinda rested up, and there’s a TON of news to go through, so let’s get to it…
- Star Citizen – There’s an update on the Clean Shot Shipping saga, a screenshot of a base head (no, really), and a video showcasing Sandi Gardiner Cloud Imperium’s VP of Marketing, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Rogue System – There’s a new video showing off clips of combat and discussing the AI which will be embedded below. There are also updates on his Kickstarter talking about core ship systems and a new $150 tier.
- Homeworld – The teamPixel folks have no also launched a Kickstarter for their Homeworld Touch and Homeworld 3 pitches, and have video of the Touch version in action that I’ll embed below.
- Endless Space – According to their latest dev blog, the Virtual Awakening add-on will be released on March 11th. The post also has some other tibits about the expansion as well. There are also posts on new exploration events and new victory warnings.
- NASA Game Jam – According to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, the folks at NASA are a hosting a game jam this coming weekend to make games about space and science! Can’t wait to see what comes out of it. :)
- Drox Operative – There’s a new beta batch that alters Shadow cloaking, fixes bombs and other little fixes. There’s also a new review on Gaming Trend.
- Ring Runner – Sadly they didn’t win The Next Game Boss, but lead programmer Enrique Dryere thanks us for our support. There’s also a new video showing off ship customization which looks REALLY helpful to someone like me. ;) There’s also a video of an exclusive multiplayer reveal on MaskedGamer and one of the space city alpha build. These will all be embedded below. Finally there’s a preview of the game over on Indie Statik.
- Space Rangers HD – Thanks for Puce Moose on Gamers with Job for translating a Russian Tweet from the devs stating the release date for the game will be March 15th! Yay!
- Void of Darkness - There’s a new dev blog post on interface and combat notes. They also have a new combat test video, which I’ll embed below.
- Starsector – Eurogamer has a nice little preview of the game.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a great article on revisiting bounty hunting one about loving faction war and one about music to play in the game. There’s also a new video showcasing the massive Battle of Asakai, which I’ll embed below.
- Star Conflict – The Mittani also has a review of this game, which I should actually play some more.
- AI War – The latest patch, called “Nemesis of the Dubious Honor“, deals with champion AI and other things.
- StarLife – There are new posts showcasing some music, diplomacy and a custom race screen.
- Strike Suit Zero – As I said in the most recent podcast, Born Ready Games released a massive patch that adds checkpoint saves, difficulty settings, a cockpit view and revises the targeting. I might actually play this again. ;)
- Kinetic Void – There’s a new update on their Kickstarter page showing off some of the game’s new art, which looks lovely. There’s also a development update I somehow missed. :/ Sorry folks.
- Space Explorer – The owner of the SolCommand site let us know that a user named “Leocesar” is working on a new game, which looks awesomely Homeworldesque, and you can see a video of it after the cut. ;) You can read about it also on the Unity forums. They also have some new models to be used in your upcoming space games. ;)
- StarMade – There’s a new blog post on IndieDB about preloading surrounding sectors, which sounds like an awesome idea.
- Starflight II – The CRPG Addict has begun his extensive look at the game, which I can’t wait to see more of.
- FreeOrion – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know that a new version of FreeOrion has recently been released, which improves the AI, includes many GUI enhancements and so on. There are also some YouTube vids showing off the game, the playlist to which I’ll embed below.
- Dominion – There’s a new piece of concept art on their website.
- Kerbal Space Program - There’s a new fan video showing us the story of Kerballo 13. ;) It’ll also be embedded below.
And you thought we were done?! HAH! We still have some deals to go over! These include:
ALMOST THERE. You can now but an unofficial Serenity LEGO set, which looks amazing. FINALLY, there’s an amazing article by John Shafer about how diplomacy works in his 4X game that I’d LOVE to see adapted to space 4X games.
THAT’S it. I need a drink. Or several. *collapse*
This Way for a BOATLOAD if Videos…
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, beat hazard ultra, dominion, drox operative, endless space, eve online, Homeworld, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, space explorer, Space Rangers HD A War Apart, star citizen, Star Conflict, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, starlife, starmade, starsector, strike suit zero, void of darkness
SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, had a dentist appointment and no time to put into this, sadly. Fun times! This mean I have news from today, yesterday and the weekend to cover, so let’s dive in!
- Endless Space – There’s a new screenshot of a new Automaton hero, Mizn Ora-Yur, from the upcoming Virtual Awakening expansion. I love the look of it.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has some great EVE-based articles such as the sin of sloth in the game, news on a new battle of U930, a look at the sovereignty system, some unrest in the Li3 federation and finally, an interview with the folks behind the EVE documentary called “A Tale of Internet Spaceships“,
- Freespace 2 – Speaking of The Mittani, they take at look at the BEST SPACE COMBAT SIM EVER in their Nostalgia files.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new update entitled, “Information as Currency; the Rise of the InfoAgent” which talks about this career path.
- SlipSpace – There’s a new dev video on their Kickstarter page that I sadly can’t embed, but it looks nifty!
- Rogue System – FlightSim.com has a nice little blurb about the game. Michael also posted some thoughts on Kickstarter and a small article on how hardcore the game is. Finally, there’s a new startup video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarMade – There’s both a quick status update that followed the release of a new test build for folks to try, including me. ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – Spider! (He is our hero) Also, the Kickstarter has less than a day left, so if you wanna kick in, now’s the time. :)
- StarLife – The devs have set up a new forum for y’all to chat about the game.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a small update covering a possible roleplaying code of conduct. They also have Friday screenshots, as well as a new starship spotlight video, which I’ll embed below.
- Miner Wars 2081 – According to a tweet on their Twitter feed, the devs have begun work on modding support, as well as releasing “99% of the game source code”. I wonder what that other 1% would be…
- StarStrategy – More screenshots of things going pew pew!
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Maurice — you know, one of the gentlement I just interviewed about the game — posted an old review of the game from OMNI magazine that’s a real treat to read.
- ZigFrak – The folks at TechZwn (odd name) have a review of the game for y’all to enjoy.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a cool new screenshot over on yfrog.
- Galaxial – There’s a new dev blog entry covering colony management that looks pretty awesome.
- Drox Operatove – There are some new tweets teasing features in the upcoming expansion.
- Space Nerds in Space – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know about this upcoming starship bridge simulator inspired by Artemis.
- Sword of the Stars II – Universal Gaming Reviews has a review and giveaway of the game.
- Strike Suit Zero – Speaking of giveaways, Space Sector is having one for this game.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new post detailing the latest changes to the game.
- Star Command – There’s a new update apologizing for their lack of updates and then giving a small update on their Kickstarter.
- Longshot – The dad at Dad’s Gaming Addiction did an article on the game.
- AI War – Now that their latest game is released, Arcen can now return to patching this one. ;)
- Void of Darkness – This is a new Starflight-inspired game sent into me by reader John, so thanks John!
- Wing Commander – Podcast Partner Jim sent over this awesome video of a hard-rock cover of the game’s theme. This will totally be embedded below the cut.
Next up, sales, and there’s a good chunk of stuff! Steam is having several midweek sales, which includes the following:
Finally, related news! First, since we cover older games here, I though that a new version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE being released was somewhat relevant, thanks to Indie Retro News for the update. Next, I missed this somehow but Artem Bank — the gentleman who composed the amazing music for Star Ruler — has two new bits of music out, “Facebook 5” and “Natural” which sound great. Finally, the Concept Ships blog has fantastic ships from Joseph Cross and a gorgeous orbiter concept from Rasmus Poulsen.
That’s it folks! WHEW! Thanks for visiting, and enjoy!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/25-26/13: Catching Up Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, endless space, epic space game, eve online, freespace, galaxial, gemini wars, longshot, miner wars 2081, rogue system, Rules of Engagement 2, slipspace, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, space nerds in space, star citizen, Star Command, star ruler, star trek online, starlife, starmade, starstrategy, stellar impact, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, void of darkness, wing commander, zigfrak
The Weekend! YAY! Don’t Drown! ;)
Heeeeeeeeeeey friends, happy Friday! The weekend is finally upon us!! WWOOHOO! What are y’all playing this weekend? I dunno about y’all, but I am TIIIIRED. I need another weekend to lead up to this weekend. ;) Anyway, you’re not here for my charming banter (or maybe you are, in which case, you’re welcome ;), you’re here for the freaking news, so let me drop some on y’all…
Now, in somewhat related-to-space-game news, there’s a new panel entitled “What Does Ancient Earth Tell Us?” over on the Broken Crown Games forum. Then, in an interview with Ironclad (the folks behind the Sins of a Solar Empire games), they apparently feel as if the RTS genre is dying. Is that news, really? The Escapist thinks so, and thanks to ‘em. ;)
Finally, in deals, GOG is having a random weekend sale that includes Darkstar One for $3.99. Finally, there’s a new bundle called the Green Light Bundle that includes Aeon Command (of which I’ll have a review up next week) for any price over $5 apparently.
That’s it folks! Have a wonderful day and weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/1/13: Bring On the Weekend!” »
Aeon Command, ai war fleet command, darkstar one, dominion, drox operative, edge of space, eve online, star citizen, Star Conflict, starmade, strike suit zero