Helllloooo my friends, and happy Thursday! One more day until the weekend, and I know I can’t wait! I’m low on time, so I’m gonna jump right into the news if y’all don’t mind. ;)
Finally, in deals, there’s a new weekly sale on the Humble Bundle website which includes Gratuitous Space Battles and three other Positech games for a little over $3, which is a steal.
That’s it folks! Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 7/25/13: The Quick and Dirty Edition” »
So Much Freaking News!
Hellooooo my friends, how are you? Let me tell you, on my end? Life has been craaaaaaaaaay to the freaking zeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Seriously, I’ve not been this busy with work and life in a long damned time, but things are stabilizing again, and I’ve been saving up all the news I’ve been finding JUST so I could vomit it all out to y’all in a huge-ass post. I’m a little loopy today, so prepare for some weirdness. ;) Enjoy! ;)
- Void of Darkness – Justin, the game’s developer, wrote in to let me know that his game’s IndieGoGo campaign had begun. If I hadn’t just purchased a PS Vita, I’d likely chip in right now. ;)
- Endless Space – The Disharmony expansion — which I just wrote about yesterday, go me ;) — is up on Steam today. There were a bunch of dev posts about the expansion, but they won’t load as I write this, so I can’t include them. :/
- AI War – Version 7.0 of the game is now out, as is the latest expansion, Vengeance of the Machine! Go get it!
- EVE Online – A lot of stuff for this one. First, the official site has an article on exploration sites and one on a community spotlight focusig on Red Frog Freight. The Mittani has a ton of articles covering tech one industrials, a Caldari surge in factional warfare, another look at the Fountain campaign, some battle reports, people doing dumb things with their toys and a requiem for the Honeybadger Coalition.
- Star Citizen – Lots of updates for this one too, including a recent 300i campaign which led to a new crowdfunding record, a news update on the in-game congress, an “Atlas Falls” story entry, a look at the Orion system and part twelve of the writer’s guide.
- Dominium – Work has begun on some of the game’s coreUI elements, and there’s a post on procedurally generated levels in the game.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new blog post looking at the sector conquest portion of the game.
- Galaxy Union – This is a new space 4x game I’d never heard of before yesterday, but you can now purchase the early version of the game for less than $5.
- Worlds Collide – This is another new space 4X game that I’ve been made aware of thanks to Space Sector.
- Sea of Stars – There’s a new June update on Kickstarter with a new video and everything.
- Sword of the Stars 2 – There’s a tiny new patch which fixes a few little things.
- Savage Trader – Here’s another new space game I found on Kickstarter, it’s a 2D space game coming out for Mac first, of all things.
- Tradeward Rising – This Kickstarter is striving to finish this particular space strategy MMO thingy.
- DreadChase – This is a new spacey game that’s being termed a “6 degree-of-freedom FPS stealth/combat” game. I do like all of those things. I’ll embed the latest video of the thing below. :)
- 90Edges Universe – There’s a video of a space station in action! I’ll embed it below!
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new blog post talking about fleet movement and it’s succesful implementation, one looking at fleets being updated and one looking at moving from grids to free points.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new development update talking about recent updates to the game and from the dev team.
- Rogue System – According to the latest dev post, Mike is getting an Oculus Rift! Nice!
- Distant World – Shadows – Das24680 has four whole new videos looking at the game, all of which will be embedded below.
- Infinite Pixels – Alpha 0.0.6 has been released, and it apparently allows multiple planets on a multiplayer server. Nifty! There’s also a video of it in action, which I’ll embed below.
- Skyjacker – According to their Kickstarter, the beta for the Starship Constructor will be released this week for beta backers (which I am, yay!).
- Void Destroyer – Since their goal has been passed on Kickstarter (yay, congrats Paul!), official stretch goals have been announced. There are also posts looking at swarm mines and actually adding mines to the game.
- Eterium – There’s a blog post detailing improved explosions in the game, one looking at fighters prepping for launch and one talking about the new hazard difficulty level.
- Freelancer – The Mostly Harmless mod has been released, which strives to bring the universe from Elite into the game. Thanks Starport!
- Quintet – There’s an interview with Carmine, the developer, over on Subspace Communicator Online. The game is also out for Android now! Yay!
- Strike Suit Zero – The Mac beta of the game has been sent off to beta testers! Yay for Mac gamers! Their blog also has thoughts on the future of space combat.
- Drox Operative – There’s a new patch for the game with a ton of diplomatic changes and much more.
- Retrobooster – There’s a new video looking at the new death ray weapon in the game, which I’ll embed below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a final content update coming before the game’s imminent release! Yay! Can’t wait to review it!
- StarMade – There’s a blog post the game’s new universe-wide AI system. Check it out below.
Then, in related news, there’s a guest blog post on the Star Trek Online blog looking at diversity in Star Trek, as well as a soundtrack album of music from various Star Trek video games. No kidding! Finally, as part of Atari’s bankruptcy sale, they’re selling the IPs for Master of Orion and Star Control for $100,000 each, along with some others. Wowie.
That’s it folks! Thanks for your patience and your patronage and I’ll strive to make future updates more regular. :) Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 6/15-26/13: The Oops-I-Did-It-Again Edition” »
90Edges Universe, ai war, beyond beyaan, Distant World Shadows, Dominium, DreadChase, drox operative, elite, endless space disharmony, Eterium, eve online, freelancer, Galaxy Union, Infinite Pixels, master of orion, quintet, retrobooster, Ring Runner, rogue system, Savage Trader, Sea of Stars, skyjacker, star citizen, Star Conflict, star control, star trek online, starmade, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars 2, Tradeward Rising, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer, void of darkness, Worlds Collide
Bringin’ It Newsy Style.
Heyyyyy guys! Me again (who else would it be, really?)! Been a CRAZY week, which is why I’m just getting to the news just now, and holy crap there’s a ton of it. I actually had to take a break in the middle of writing this just to eat a little something, because it was THAT INTENSE you guys! ;) Enjoy!
- Drox Operative – The expansion has finall been named! It’s titled Invasion of the Ancients and it has a ton of stuff, like ancient race invasions, space stations, a new race and more! YAY!
- AI War – The next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine, will be available for pre-order soon! Yay! I keep saying this, but I need to dive into this game. There’s also a new patch entitled “Activating Vengeful Sanding Machine” which adds a boatload of stuff to the game.
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – While not a whole expansion, the first DLC pack for the game, Forbidden Worlds, is now available for $4.99, and adds new planets, new research and more!
- Starlight Inception – The official trailer has finally be released, and it looks great! Check it out from the link or embedded below.
- Limit Theory – The latest video dev entry has been released, and it’s well worth a watch.
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – Matrix Games’ Erik Rutins put together an intro guide to playing a new game in the Age of Shadows for new players. There are also new videos by Das24680 showing explored locations, creating a destroyer fleet, destroyers vs. a cap ship and…loros fruit?
- Void Destroyer – The Kickstarter campaign is in full swing, and Paul has put out no-less than fifteen updates since it launched. Rather than list ‘em all individually, I’ll just link to the updates page if y’all don’t mind. ;)
- EVE Online – A lot of news here, the biggest being the release of Odyssey, their 19th (!) expansion pack. Keep chuggin’, CCP. There are also dev blogs talking about EVE VR and new audio transition sounds, as well as announcements on Caldari ships and military career arcs being reset. Over on The Mittani, they have so much EVE news I don’t even have time to list it all, but go check it out please. ;) Finally, Massively reports that 96% of EVE’s players are male, something CCP is juuuust fine with.
- 90Edges Universe – We now have the first pic from inside a space station. Nifty!
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – There’s a new video showing off some gameplay with the Oculus Rift.
- Beyond Beyaan – Apparently Brent has reverted to a pre-SVN version of the game, whatever that means. ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new “Observist Guide” to New York, a galactic guide to Earth, a new video containing an interview with 3D artist Jeff Cavitt (embedded below as well) and part nine of the writer’s guide.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new version of the game that adds metals and other stuff.
- StarMade – There’s a new dev build with a major focus on gravity. There’s also a new video explaining how beam weapons work (in Russian, FYI), as well as better AI, new textures and better admin tools.
- Infinite Pixels – The pre-alpha version is out for anyone who backed their IndieGoGo campaign. There’s also a new trailer for the alpha (embedded below).
- Void of Darkness -There’s a new teaser video of the game over on their IndieDB page (and embedded below).
- Eterium – Thanks to everyone who sent me info about this game. It looks very Wing Commanderesque, and the demo is a good time, so check it out.
- Kerbal Space Program – There’s a new minor update out (0.21) that adds crew management, overhauled space center scenery and more!
- Strike Suit Zero – Hey, they have a blog now, and their first post is about the game using the Oculus Rift! Yay!
- Predestination – Their May dev update is out, focusing on UI design and galaxy map features.
- Dominium – Sadly their Kickstarter failed, but they’ve still put out many updates on where the game is going.
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is out. This talks about the latest news in campaigns, coding and more.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new version with lots of little bug fixes.
- Rubicon – This game has now gone open source. Check it out!
- Retrobooster – There’s a new video of the game from VG24/7 which I’ll embed below.
- StarDrive – There’s a new review on GameGrin.
- Aegis Division – I found this new game over on Kickstarter, so go check it out
We’re not done yet folks. Ooooooohh no. We have deals! First off, Amazon has launched a new indie game storefront (yay for them!), and to celebrate, they have a TON of deals going on, way too many for me to mention here, but thanks to the good folks on Reddit, you can see a list of the individual games and bundles that are currently on sale, which include a good deal of spaciness. Finally, you can get Dawnstar over on IndieGameStand for as low as $1, but more if you want extras.
Finally, in related news, the latest Science Behind the SciFi newsletter has been released.
That’s it! Whew! I gotta get back to doing this daily. Thanks for your patience folks, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Dealsies 6/1-6/13: The Lawdy-Lawd-I’m-Tired Edition” »
90Edges Universe, Aegis Division, ai war, beyond beyaan, dawnstar, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, drox operative, Eterium, eve online, freespace open, GoD Factory: Wingmen, Infinite Pixels, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, predestination, retrobooster, rubicon, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, star citizen, Star Conflict, starlight inception, starmade, strike suit zero, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer, void of darkness, wing commander
SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Heeey guyyyyyss! Sorry about the delay with the news AGAIN! :/ It’s been a REALLY weird week. The holiday weekend REALLY kicked my ass through general lack of sleep, and I’ve really not caught up at all during the week (I love living in Los Angeles, but sometimes its temperature fluctuations can be problematic), so it’s just left me EXHAUSTED, and I’ve barely had the energy to focus on work, let alone anything else. If you’ve listened to this week’s podcast, you might notice my voice gets slurred more and more as the podcast goes on. That’s because I was just so damned tired. Thankfully I feel more awake today than I have all week (which will be ruined again this weekend ;), so I’m gonna dive in with the news, of which there’s a ton…
- Void Destroyer – There’s a new Kickstarter for this neat-looking piloting/command space sim hybrid (which I totally backed). They’re also on Steam Greenlight now, and they have a new trailer, which will be embedded below (as will any other videos in this post).
- Drifter – You can now pre-order the game for $10. There’s also been a pre-release trailer put out to show off some of the gameplay. I really need to get back to this one…
- Endless Space – There’s a new paid expansion on the way called Disharmony which adds a new faction, fighters and bombers and improved AI. There’s also a trailer for it.
- X Rebirth – There’s a new video showing off the concept of a new station and the process to bringing it into the game.
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – First off, SpaceSector is having a contest where you can win ALL of the Distant Worlds stuff, so go enter if you don’t own it all already! Next, Das24680 has two new videos showing off pre-warp empire play. He’s not alone though! There’s a series of videos by YouTube user Firestarter showing off pirate gameplay. There’s also a series of videos by mstWeal showing off the game setup (so far at least).
- Star Citizen – There’s a fan spotlight on Beyond the Horizon Radio and a press roundup focusing on an interview with Chris Roberts on GameSkinny (video embedded below). You can also meet Pete Mackay, one of the designers of the game, and get a news update on bounty hunters.
- Quintet – There’s a new Trio ship announced on their Kickstarter (which has been funded, yay!), and a video to go with it.
- EVE Online – Lots of news here, first on the official site, which has news on upcoming Steam integration as well as news on a single sign on for their multiple sites and a look at probe scanning in Odyssey. On The Mittani, they have a video review of probing changes in Odyssey, a look at further changes in exploration, news of the loss of a Titan by Tribal Band as well as the battle of 1-SMEB and a look at propaganda in the game.
- Kerbal Space Program – A new version of the game, 0.20.1, has been released, and you can now also access previous versions as well, which is cool. There’s also a new version of the KSP Weekly, which I wasn’t aware of until this one, and is pretty awesome.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new update which adds things such as sector claiming.
- Star Trek Online – There’s some new Romulan wallpaper to grace your desktop.
- 90Edges Universe – There’s a new simple spacestation for y’all to gawk at. :)
- Star Conflict – There’s a new update which further balances the game and adds a missiles to covert ops interceptors. There’s also a new dev diary with further updates on the game.
- StarMade – There’s a new dev build available for us to all check out (and I totally need to). This includes new textures, bug fixes and ruins to check out.
- AI War - There are two new patches, entitled “Bonus Tricks” and “Dire Protector” which mostly add new ship tipes and other stuff in preparation for the upcoming expansion.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Apparently this game will also be available for Mac as well as PC. Yay!
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new video showing off a station assault, as well as a blog post on the game’s mission system.
- Weird Worlds – You can now buy this on GamersGate as well as the other places its available.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new video trying to better explain the game over on IndieDB.
- Starsector – There’s a new blog post on logistics and fleet management.
- Retrobooster – YouTube user Snowy plays the game for a few minutes, and there’s also a YouTube version of the IGN video from last week.
- Enemy Starfighter – There’s a new screenshot of the game launching some fighters off a carrier via Mike’s Twitter. LOVE IT.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new version of the game that adds improved Android controller support and other stuff.
- Kinetic Void – The awesome soundtrack by Artem Bank is now available on Bandcamp for a mere $5. Check it out.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new blog post talking about research as an overpowered trait that is a great read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new progress update on this novel for Elite: Dangerous.
In related news, Camel101 (the folks behind Gemini Wars) have launched a new RTS called Black Talons that looks pretty cool. Second, there’s a new gameplay reveal video of Hardware: Shipbreakers, a game from former Homeworld developers. Finally, there’s an awesome video of the folks who made a flyable Battlestar Galactica cockpit, but they’re now using Diaspora, the BSG mod for Freespace Open.
HOLY CRAP that’s it. I really need to get back into a regular schedule of doing this because it takes FOREVER doing it this piled-up way. Have a great weekend y’all!
Edit: Just after I posted this, I saw that FTL is Steam’s deal of the day, selling for $4.99 until tomorrow morning. If you don’t already have this, GET IT.
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/24-31/13: The Crap-I-Did-It-Again Edition…” »
90Edges Universe, ai war, beyond beyaan, diaspora, Distant Worlds: Shadows, drifter, elite: dangerous, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, freespace open, FTL, gemini wars, GoD Factory: Wingmen, Homeworld, Infinite Pixels, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, quintet, retrobooster, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starmade, starsector, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer, void of darkness, Weird Worlds, x rebirth
I Really Need More News Graphics…
Haaaaaaaaaallllloooooo folks, and happy Tuesday! I hope your week is flowing along swimmingly. Now there’s a good chunk of news today to end the month on, much of it from some awesome game devs, so let’s take a look!
- Strike Suit Infinity – This endless score chaser standaloney thingy based on Strike Suit Zero is out now, and you can see the launch trailer at their Kickstarter page (I can’t seem to embed it, sorry). It’s $7 on its own, but if you kicked to ‘em before, you get a discount code. I snagged a copy, and will let’cha know what I think as soon as I get some time with it.
- Limit Theory – Hot on the heels of the recent Prototype video, Josh has released his latest dev update for April which includes new screenshots and news of a new artist!
- Drox Operative – There’s a new beta patch that has just a ton of changes, which you can read about here.
- StarDrive – Space Sector has posted their review of the game. Hopefully more reviews will come in soon.
- Rogue System – There’s a new dev posting about the progress of the game, as well as a video showing off dynamic orbital motion, which I’ll embed below.
- Void of Darkness – On our own forum, the game’s dev has outlined a progress update, and wow, the game is a fair bit along! Yay!
- StarMade – There’s some new pilot girl concept art. Why can’t it just be called a pilot? ;)
- Star Citizen – Thanks to VGN24/7 for letting us know that crowdfunding for the game has passed the $9 million mark! Congrats to Mr. Roberts and his team!
- Star Trek Online – In a recent dev blog entry, they’ve detailed subscriber rewards for the new Romulan expansion.
Finally, in deals, I missed one from GamersGate yesterday, a 1C Space Strategy Pack that includes Star Wolves 3: Civil War and The Tomorrow War for $12.48.
That’s it for now! :)Thanks for reading folks, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals 4/30/13: Bring on the Devs!” »
drox operative, limit theory, rogue system, star citizen, star trek online, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, stardrive, starmade, Strike Suit Infinity, the tomorrow war, void of darkness
It’s Just Piling Up Today…
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay friends, how are you? Welcome back from the weekend, and happy Monday! I hope y’all are having a great day! I know I am because there’s just so much spacey gameyness going on! ;) Let’s dive in, shall we?
- Limit Theory – A new Limit Theory Prototype has been released, and while only those who pledged at the $75 level and above during the Kickstarter can PLAY it, there’s a video tutorial of it we can watch at least while we wait for beta access. It’ll also be embedded below. I wanna play this noooooooow. *weeps*
- Star Citizen – The Aurora fighter has been fully detailed in a lovely new brochure, and there’s a sale on the craft as well, this week only. It’s selling well enough for there to be a thank you post with more info, art and so on. I’m very tempted to get one…
- EVE Online – The Mittani has just a deluge of reports from FanFest, including the keynote, CCP Presents, art developments, CSM8 winners, as well as other articles covering the great fuel crunch and Heydieles and Old Man Star changing hands. On the dev blog, there are articles covering resource rebalancing in Odyssey as well as a resource rebalancing as well. Then, according to multiple sources, there will be an EVE Online TV and comic book series using player-submitted stories. Wow. Finally, some CCP programmers made a first-person dogfighting game called EVR that looks pretty damned cool.
- Infinite Space 3 – The good folks at Digital Eel made their Kickstarter goal! Congrats to them!!!
- StarDrive – Hold the Line has an interview with Dan DiCicco about the game.
- Void of Darkness – Seems the main dev is running into some coding problems. ;)
- Ring Runner – There’s a lovely preview of the game over on Greenlit Gaming. This reminds me that I need to add this to my preview queue…
- StarLife – There’s a preview article covering colinies, events and regions for y’all to dig into.
- Dominion – After testing a new pitch, these folks are gonna launch a new Kickstarter campaign on May 4th. Best of luck to ‘em!S
- StarMade – There’s a new post detailing startup sync and missile changes.
- Drox Operative – The folks at Indie Game Magazine has a Let’s Try video of the game, which I’ll embed below.
- Epic Space Game – A new update brings smoother mouse zooming, changes to jump drives and a lot more.
- OreSome – In a recent IndieDB post, apparently multiplayer is being experimented with. You can now also buy the game on GamersGate.
- And Here the Wheel – The author of this novel based on Elite: Dangerous has a progress update for us all to read.
Whew, that’s a mouthful right there, but we also have deals! These include:
Then, in somewhat related news, some of the developers from the original Homeworld have launched their new RTS, Hardware: Shipbreakers, which sadly doesn’t appear to take place in space. Boo. Finally, SpaceSector has posted its latest list of the Kickstarters that made it and didn’t, which is a fun read.
That’s it for now folks. Have an awesome day!!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 4/29/13: Back to Work!” »
And Here the Wheel, drox operative, elite: dangerous, epic space game, eve online, galactic civilizations, gemini wars, Homeworld, Infinite Space 3, limit theory, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, stardrive, starlife, starmade, the tomorrow war, void of darkness
News from Around the World! ;)
Hellloooo folks, and happy Friday! Sorry I missed news over the last couple of days, work totally got away from me. There’s a lot of goodness to go over, so let’s get to it and start the weekend right, shall we? :)
- StarDrive – StarDrive is alive! And by that, I mean it’s out of beta and finally in a release state on Steam…I hope. ;) It’s also 10% off until May 3rd. Stay tuned for my multi-part review soon…ish. ;)
- Star Citizen – Lots of news in this arena. First from the official site, news of their new office here in Los Angeles (yay!), part four of their writers guide is up, a look at Anvil Aerospace, an in-game news transcript on AI pilots has been released, and you can meet audio director Martin Galway (video embedded below). Elsewhere, Chris Roberts has been making the rounds, talking to The Escapist about Kickstarter and VGN24/7 on the game being on the Playstation 4.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a nice update on the new UI system.
- EVE Online – Lots of news from The Mittani, including a look from FanFest at the game’s economy as well as a word on ship rebalancing. They also have articles on cap ship rigs, another perspective on the burning of Jita as well as planetary interaction.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks are having a fighters and bombers archetype contest.
- Star Conflict – There’s some new art on the official site in the sectors and wallpapers sections.
- Star Trek Online – It’s Romulanrific over on the dev blog, with a look at Warbird singularity powers and new wallpapers of Romulan ships.
- Pytheas – First update in ages, and it’s about construction in their sandbox engine, which is pretty nifty from a technical perspective.
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new update on bartering in the game as well as a new IndieDB page for the game (though it appears broken as I write this).
- Deep Space Settlement – Speaking of IndieDB, news for this game is being moved to their IndieDB page as well.
- Space Empires IV – This game is now available on GoG for $9.99. I’d keep an eye out for a sale though, I’ve seen it as low as a dollar or two on other sites.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a nice anecdotal update on how games programmed the dev’s brain. They also have a new podcast episode for your listening pleasure.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s another dev update video which features David Braben in an AWESOME shirt. Seriously, I want one. The vid will be embedded below as well.
- Ring Runner – The box art has been released, and it’s sweeeeeeeet.
- Freeworlds – There’s a new update on their ModDB page about a refocusing of the project. Good, because I wanna play it NOW.
- SkyJacker – There’s an update on the starship constructor project on their Kickstarter, which looks awesome!
- AI War - There’s a new update entitled “Honored Bugs” that fixes some longstanding problems in the game.
- StarMade – There’s a new update that tweaks the AI.
- Expanse: First Contact – This appears to be a new game on Kickstarter which looks neat, so check it out.
And now, onto the deals, of which there are several, including:
That’s it friends!! Have a great weekend, and may it be full of awesome gaming!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 4/24-26/13: The Everybody’s Working for the Weekend Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, Expanse: First Contact, Freeworlds, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, pytheas, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, sins of a solar empire trinity, skyjacker, Space Empires IV, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, strange adventures in infinite space, void of darkness, weird worlds return to infinite space
Hellooooo everyone, and welcome to Monday! I’m off today on account of getting a tooth removed, so I’m writing part of this before I leave for my little operation. I’ll write the rest when I get back, likely on drugs, to add to the entertainment. ;) Sorry for the lack of news later last week, the week totally got away from me. That said, let’s get into some newwwwwws bitches! ;)
- Homeworld – Gearbox has purchased the IP.
Apparently, according to PC Gamer (and other sources, but I saw it there first), someone — and we don’t know who yet — snagged the Homeworld IP in a recent auction of THQ’s assets. Sadly, it wasn’t to the teamPixel folks who’d been trying to hard to raise the funds. Hopefully it ended up in good hands, but we don’t know yet, sadly.
- Infinite Space 3 – There’s some new art and a combat video over on their Kickstarter page. We’re also gonna be interviewing some of the folks behind this game for this week’s podcast, so stay tuned! :)
- Void of Darkness – A couple of updated for your reading pleasure. First, a forum update, followed by a role-playing update, which is nifty.
- StarMade – There are some new server stability fixes and the fixing of a ghost bug.
- ScrumbleShip – According to the dev’s Kickstarter and IndieDB pages, there will be a new launcher for the game called ScrumbleGet. This I like.
- Ring Runner – According to a post on their Kicksarter, their lon-linear arch is nearly complete, which has me all aflutter, as I love non-linear anything. There’s also an interview with their Dryere brothers — the lead devs of the game — in The Leader, which is a good read (based on what I skimmed anyway). ;)
- EVE Online – Loooots of stuff recently. First, from the official site blogs, there’s news of a single sign in for account management, a spotlight on EVE Backstage, and info on the client and EULA modifications. Then from The Mittani, they have articles on the burning of Jita, the death of Aeon, ten years of GARPA and an epic brawl in Ardia which resulted in the loss of ten capital ships.
- Star Rift – Thanks to Goomich over on Steam for letting me know about this new game on Greenlight. It looks like a first/third-person space combat/trading game, and you can learn more from the official site or from the trailer, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- Star Trek Online – There are dev blogs on Romulan ship progression and a revamp to the UI, as well as a video showing off a Legacy Pack, which I’ll embed below.
- Icarus Ascends – The dev for this game came onto our forum to let us know about this game, which looks pretty cool. Go check it out! I’ll embed the video below.
- Escaping Titan – Congrats to the team on their super successful Kickstarter, which brought in over 300% of its goal.
- Infinity – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a nice article summimg up where the game is now after all this time.
- Beyond Beyaan – There are two posts covering UI and data in the game.
- StarDrive – According to a post on RTS Guru, the game will be available this Friday, April 26th. They also have a preview to boot. I’m working on my own preview too, so please stay tuned. :)
- Star Conflict – The latest update to the game brings along sector conquests with it. Nifty!
- Vendetta Online – The game has now been officially released for the iPad! One more reason I wanna get one someday! ;)
- Star Citizen – Part three of the Writer’s Guide is now up, and you can also watch a video with team member Adam Poole, which I’ll also embed below.
But wait, there’s more, we also have some deals to gawk at!!
Finally, the dev of Lex Laser Saves the Galaxy, Again asked me to pimp his game on Kickstarter, so here ya go, and you can see some lovely concept ship art by Philipp Erkinger at the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it folks, now I’m gonna go crawl into a ball and hope this pain goes away soon. ;) Have a great day!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals 4/18-22/13: The Owwie Edition” »
beyond beyaan, dawnstar, endless space, escaping titan, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gimbal, Homeworld, Icarus Ascends, Infinite Space 3, infinity, Mass Effect 2, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, ScrumbleShip, star citizen, Star Conflict, Star Rift, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, Vendetta Online, void of darkness
SO MUCH NEWSINESS!
Helllllloooooo my wonderful awesome friends! I’m back! I think! *checks* Yes, I’m back! Sorry for the lack of news posts, got surprisingly busy all over the place and just didn’t have the time. I do now though, yay! There’s a lot to go over, so let’s dive in, it’s all warm and stuff! ;)
- EVE Online – On the official site, they have a video of true stories from the first decade of the game (which will be embdedded below). The Mittani has articles on cruise missile fixes, mission fixes and news about an alliance slapfight.
- Drox Operative – The big news is MOD TOOLS! Yay! There’s also a new patch that fixes trade requests and other things.
- StarMade – Several updates include news on server crashes, a custom docking area, wedge shapes, faction options and other bugfixes.
- Star Conflict – There are updates on new gold standards as well as a new combat specialization.
- Star Citizen – There’s new art of the 300i fighter, which is alovely. There’s also a naming system poll, a spotlight on fan RADD and a new update to their writer’s guide.
- Voidnex – Thanks to reader Goomich for pointing out this new game to me. Looks nifty!
- StarDrive – The good folks at RTS Guru have written a preview of the game.
- FTL – You can now buy FTL-themed merchandise, such as a Kestrel hoodie or a pirate t-shirt. I so want the hoodie. There’s also an interview with the devs over on PixelJudge.
- Solar War – There’s a new version of the game available, which adds support for more factions, event chains and even more.
- Freespace Port – Version 3.4 of the port of Descent: Freespace to the Freespace 2 engine has been released! Go git it!
- Rogue System – Their new website has a chart that shows the progress of the game, which is awesome to see. I want it now though. ;)
- Infinite Space 3 – On their Kickstarter, they’ve announced a soundtrack as well as stretch goals! Go check it out and kick ‘em something!
- Mok Force – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for writing about this neat-looking shmup.
- Homeworld 2 Complex – The latest version of this extensive mod has been released on ModDB. You can see a trailer of it in action below.
- Neptune’s Pride II – Thanks again to Rock, Paper Shotgun for letting us know about a new version of this popular browser-based space conquest game.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks need help to save the Sowers.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new build which adds event handling and a new UI, among other things. The game also has its own cursor now, as well as velociraptors. ;)
- Stars of Call – According to a post on our very own forum, there’s a new version of this nifty Naev total conversion.
- Infinity – There’s a HUGE update on planetary engine improvements, which looks FANTASTIC. Can they FINALLY release this thing please? ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – As reported by Eurogamer, there was some confusion and outcry over the notion of paid expansions for the game. This was thankfully dealt with by a post from the devs on their blog.
- Void of Darkness – The dev has begun writing the dialog for all the alien races, apparently.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entry to read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode for y’all to listen to. :)
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new Fiction Diary for the game on YouTube, as well as embedded below.
- Galactic Patrol 2013 – There’s a new Kickstarter for this game that has the blessings of the original Galactic Patrol folks. Go check it out.
- Joystick Required – This was a space game news site run by a Jumpgate colleague of mine back in the day, and it’s back, so go check it out and say hello!
- Strike Vector – This is spacey enough to warrant inclusion. Just go watch this trailer. Seriously, watch it.
- AI War – There’s a new patch called “Nebulous Diligence” which works to improve the AI.
We’re not done yet folks! We have DEALS too!! Let’s do this!
- Space Pirates and Zombies is on sale at GMG for $5.08
- Beat Hazard EVERYTHING is part of the latest Indie Gala weekly bundle, and you can get all of it f or $1.87, which is a FREAKING steal people.
- Gamestop is having a spring sale on everything Stardock, which includes:
- AI War is also part of a Steam weeklong sale, in which everything is 75% off.
- There’s also an IndieFort Spring Bundle which has both AI War and Zigfrak for $7.99.
FINALLY, the folks at Arcen games (who made the aforementioned AI War) have announced a new game called Skyward Collapse, which looks awesome.
That’s it! Have a great day folks!
Get’cher Videos Right Here…
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, beat hazard, beyond beyaan, Descent: Freespace, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, freespace 2, FTL, Galactic Civilizations I, galactic civilizations ii, galactic patrol 2013, homeworld 2, Infinite Space 3, infinity, Kerbal Space Program, mok force, neptune's pride ii, rogue system, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, solar war, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, stars of call, strike vector, void of darkness, voidnex, zigfrak
Bringin’ Back the Daily News…
Hello folks, and happy hump day! I hope you’re having an awesome day, and to add to that awesome, here’s some space game news! :) Enjoy!
- EVE Online – The official dev blog discusses changes to Navy ships in Odyssey. The Mittani has word on the SpaceMonkey Alliance losing 600+ billion ISK to dirty thieves.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new issue of their newsletter out, which talks about freighters, procedural planet generation and so on.
- Star Citizen – Their press roundup this week is a vid of Chris Roberts’ SXSW presentation, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- StarMade – A pair of updates covering a symmetry build tool and flood/security fixes.
- Devinity – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for this. This is apparently a mod of Garry’s Mod in space, with NPCs, physics, planets, missions and so on! Check out the videos below!
- Star Trek Online – Apparently folks can expect new visits from the folks on New Romulus, which means new shuttlebays or some such.
- AI War – Another new patch to grace our presence, this time entitled “Defending The AI’s Front Lawn” which promises more “enthusiastic” AI.
- Dominion – The official site has a new post on salvage and exploration.
- Retrobooster – The dev has posted his impressions from GDC.
Finally today, in the deals arena, the Humble Bundle folks are having a weekly sale that includes four Blendo games, including the fun little space game Flotilla, which you can get for $1 currently.
That’s it folks! Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Newsies & Dealies 4/10/13: A Light Day by Comparison” »