Haaaaaaaaaaayyyy y’all! Happy Tuesday! I hope y’all are having a lovely day! I’m having a great staycation so far my own self! Now, a couple of things before I jump into the news. First, to try and get as much done as possible this week, my plan is to play as many games as I can fit in, take notes, capture screenshots, that sort of thing, then write about ’em as I have time. Therefore, this week might not be stuffed with content, but there will be a steady stream of content coming out over the next days and weeks as a result, FYI.
Secondly, reader Jake wrote in to request I try a new news format to make it easier to read. Basically start with the game’s name itself after the bullet in bold, followed by the news, so I’m gonna try that now. Please let me know what you think in the comments below. :) Thanks folks!
- Drox Operative – You can now vote for Drox Operative over on Steam Greenlight. You really should too, because it’s a CRIME that the game isn’t on the dang thing.
- Conquest: Frontier Wars – OMG THIS IS FINALLY ON GOG OMG GET IT NOW! ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – Besides my own review below, the folks at IncGamers also posted a review of the game. ;)
- X3: Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict – According to the official forums, there’s a buncha new updates for these games.
- Starmade – Over on IndieDB, the game’s author has gone into more detail on the new faction system.
- Aeon Command – According to their Twitter, the Linux version of the game has been submitted for approval on Desura. It’s already available on GamersGate.
- Dawnstar – Speaking of GamersGate, you can now get Dawnstar there as well as Desura.
- Rubicon – Over on the game’s Kickstarter, there’s word of a new patch, as well as the possibility of the game going open source.
- FTL – Rock, Paper Shotgun has an article that talks with Ben Purdy about FTL’s soundtrack.
- Sword of the Stars II – There’s a new update that offers several critical fixes and changes.
- Excalibur Mod – There’s a new video entitled “Launching the Enterprise” which is awesome, and will be embedded after the cut.
Finally, in spacey game deals, spacey groundy game Salvation Prophecy is on sale at GamersGate for $10, and Paradox has launched their own web store and are celebrating by having a 55% off sale, meaning you can get Sword of the Stars II for $9.
That’s it for today! Have an awesome day y’all, and thanks as always for visiting!