Heeeeeeeeeeey friends, happy Friday! The weekend is finally upon us!! WWOOHOO! What are y’all playing this weekend? I dunno about y’all, but I am TIIIIRED. I need another weekend to lead up to this weekend. ;) Anyway, you’re not here for my charming banter (or maybe you are, in which case, you’re welcome ;), you’re here for the freaking news, so let me drop some on y’all…
- Drox Operative – We get a new patch today that adds manual ballistic weapons, the ability to solve quests directly from the quest menu and more! Looks like I know one game I’m playing this weekend! ;)
- Star Citizen – In an interview over on NowGamer, Chris Roberts said consoles might start to lose ground to PCs, among many other things. Thanks VG247!
- Edge of Space – The devs would like to have a word with you over on their forums. ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – A new patch is out, and you can read the patch notes on their Kickstarter. Mostly it’s fixes, but I’m still waiting for mid-mission saves. :)
- Star Conflict – They’re celebrating the game’s first birthday and announcing a pilot parade! Cute!
- EVE Online – Some enterprising artist constructed the faces of famous people into EVE portraits, and it’s pretty cool!
- Dominion – There’s a new blog entry on seamless scenery that is fillied with prettiness.
- StarMade – There’s a new video showing off angled shapes on their IndieDB page, which I’ll also embed below.
- AI Wars – You might recall I mentioned that the game and its expansion are on sale on Steam for a week, but what I didn’t realize is that a portion will be going to the Child’s Play charity, so head on over to Steam and buy stuff! :)
Now, in somewhat related-to-space-game news, there’s a new panel entitled “What Does Ancient Earth Tell Us?” over on the Broken Crown Games forum. Then, in an interview with Ironclad (the folks behind the Sins of a Solar Empire games), they apparently feel as if the RTS genre is dying. Is that news, really? The Escapist thinks so, and thanks to ’em. ;)
Finally, in deals, GOG is having a random weekend sale that includes Darkstar One for $3.99. Finally, there’s a new bundle called the Green Light Bundle that includes Aeon Command (of which I’ll have a review up next week) for any price over $5 apparently.
That’s it folks! Have a wonderful day and weekend!