Spacey Gamey News and Deals 11/18/14: The News Floodgates Have Burst!
Hello my friends, and welcome to a new week with new newsiness! :) The news has been piling up a bit of late, so I figured I’d sit down and lay it on out for y’all! Here goes!
- Wayward: Terran Frontier – After their last Kickstarter failed to ignite, sadly, the folks behind it have launched a new one with a tighter focus, this time calling their project Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls! There’s also a new store on their site if you wanna back ’em that way! Check out the Kickstarter and tune in tonight when we have the creator of our game on the podcast!
- Last Federation – Their 2.0 patch and the expansion, Betrayed Hope, are now live (and on sale)! There’s also a new launch trailer! I’ll be revisiting the game soon and trying the new game modes in the hopes that the game doesn’t bounce off me again.
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter – The Escapist has a lovely review of the game.
- Wing Commander – The CIC has an album teaser up showing off the newly Kickstartered orchestra that is slated to play favorites from the franchise. They also have scans of a recent Retro Gamer article talking about Origin Systems.
- Unending Galaxy – There’s a new beta trailer over on IndieDB for y’all to gawk at. Also a new post on hunting space critters, I kid you not.
- RymdResa – The latest development newsletter details some of the more recent additions to the game such as bigger zones, bug fixes and so on.
- Fractured Space – This game is about to hit early access this week I believe, and there’s a fun behind-the-scenes video for y’all to check out as they lead up to the launch.
- Star Citizen – Polygon has an article looking at the game’s persistent universe.
- TorchShips – Over on Kickstarter, they mention that not only do they have a new video to show off, but that their blog has been updated quite a bit recently. My bad, I didn’t even have ’em in Feedly, but I do now!
- Far Colony – A new blog entry has a sneak peak at some upcoming UI elements.
- Boss Constructor – New posts on their blog show several Let’s Play videos (which I’ve not yet done because I don’t yet have a copy of the game, sadly) along with a massive new patch that improves a ton of things. IMPROVE ALL THE THINGS.
- Celestial Command – A new blog post details new UI and release information, which should hopefully be any day now.
- Empyrion – The XP Gamers have what is reportedly the first video footage of the game for y’all to stare at. :)
- Lords of the Black Sun – A new update adds new story events, more active diplomacy and more. I’ll have to check if it makes the game crash any less than it did when I last played it.
- Horizon – This game also got a big massive huge update, the biggest part of which is full-on mod support!
- Interstellaria – Ohhhh, the game has just hit beta, and it looks even prettier than before. I’ll have to revisit it soon!
- Starpoint Gemini 2 – Gameranx (oh god that spelling wounds me) has a fairly positive review of the game.
- Human Orbit – I was recently made aware of this space station personnel management/sim thing, which looks pretty nifty.
- Approaching Infinity – Looks like the release date is projected to be mid-December! Yay! Just in time for the holidays!
- StarMade – There’s a cool new trailer over on IndieDB that shows off some gameplay, and looks pretty interesting.
- Habitat – There’s a new interview with the developers of the game over on IGN.
- RymdResa – Their latest newsletter talks about tons of new stuff they’ve implemented, like new diary pods, new zones and more!
- Outlier: Open Skies – This is another nifty game I was just made aware of. Looks to be a fun open universe type of thing!
- M.O.R.E. – Their Kickstarter (the original one) has been updated with a new post showing off space battles along with one showing off ship building!
- Elite: Dangerous – The New Yorker, of all places, has an article about the game.
- Flotilla – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a lovely little article about the game as part of their ongoing “Have You Played?” series.
- Farlight Explorers – A new dev blog update shows off some new 3D models in the game, while another shows off some new music. They also got Greenlit on Steam! Yay!
- Star Citizen – $60 million dollars crowdfunded. Holy. Shit.
- Beyond Sol – If y’all recall, the game was released as an early-access-free-to-play thingy a short while back, and a new update not only fixes bugs, but adds new asteroid belts, NPC military ships and more! There’s also a newvideo on how to play the game.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – A massive new update adds a plethora of new maps to play with. I just got a Steam key for the thing, so stay tuned for a video!
- Galactic Civilizations III – There’s a starship design contest going on, check it out!
- Ancient Space – Space Sector has posted their review of the game, and it’s mostly positive and freaky in-depth as per usual.
- Homeworld Remastered – PC Gamer has some footage of the newly revamped game in action!
- Predestination – Their October developer update has news on revamped bombing, research and even more. I need to do a new video of this game…
- VoidExpanse – A new blog post details some of the voice acting found in the game.
- Reassembly – According to their Kickstarter post, the beta will be released on November 25th! That’s really soon! YAY!
We’re not done yet though folks, because we have some deals! Steam’s Weeklong Deals this week include some good ones, such as:
- Space Rangers HD for $4.99 (which is a STEAL)
- Horizon for $10.19
- GoD Factory: Wingmen for $9.99
- Starpoint Gemini for $3.49
Finally, in somewhat related news, the ESA landed a probe on a freaking comet, so good on them! Then, Twitch.tv now has a separate section for game development, which is an awesome idea but sadly isn’t used too much yet. Hopefully Mike Tipul and other space game devs will begin to use this. ;)
WHEW! That’s it folks, now I need a nap. Or a drink. Or both. Have a good one!