News from Around the World! ;)
Hellloooo folks, and happy Friday! Sorry I missed news over the last couple of days, work totally got away from me. There’s a lot of goodness to go over, so let’s get to it and start the weekend right, shall we? :)
- StarDrive – StarDrive is alive! And by that, I mean it’s out of beta and finally in a release state on Steam…I hope. ;) It’s also 10% off until May 3rd. Stay tuned for my multi-part review soon…ish. ;)
- Star Citizen – Lots of news in this arena. First from the official site, news of their new office here in Los Angeles (yay!), part four of their writers guide is up, a look at Anvil Aerospace, an in-game news transcript on AI pilots has been released, and you can meet audio director Martin Galway (video embedded below). Elsewhere, Chris Roberts has been making the rounds, talking to The Escapist about Kickstarter and VGN24/7 on the game being on the Playstation 4.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a nice update on the new UI system.
- EVE Online – Lots of news from The Mittani, including a look from FanFest at the game’s economy as well as a word on ship rebalancing. They also have articles on cap ship rigs, another perspective on the burning of Jita as well as planetary interaction.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks are having a fighters and bombers archetype contest.
- Star Conflict – There’s some new art on the official site in the sectors and wallpapers sections.
- Star Trek Online – It’s Romulanrific over on the dev blog, with a look at Warbird singularity powers and new wallpapers of Romulan ships.
- Pytheas – First update in ages, and it’s about construction in their sandbox engine, which is pretty nifty from a technical perspective.
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new update on bartering in the game as well as a new IndieDB page for the game (though it appears broken as I write this).
- Deep Space Settlement – Speaking of IndieDB, news for this game is being moved to their IndieDB page as well.
- Space Empires IV – This game is now available on GoG for $9.99. I’d keep an eye out for a sale though, I’ve seen it as low as a dollar or two on other sites.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a nice anecdotal update on how games programmed the dev’s brain. They also have a new podcast episode for your listening pleasure.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s another dev update video which features David Braben in an AWESOME shirt. Seriously, I want one. The vid will be embedded below as well.
- Ring Runner – The box art has been released, and it’s sweeeeeeeet.
- Freeworlds – There’s a new update on their ModDB page about a refocusing of the project. Good, because I wanna play it NOW.
- SkyJacker – There’s an update on the starship constructor project on their Kickstarter, which looks awesome!
- AI War - There’s a new update entitled “Honored Bugs” that fixes some longstanding problems in the game.
- StarMade – There’s a new update that tweaks the AI.
- Expanse: First Contact – This appears to be a new game on Kickstarter which looks neat, so check it out.
And now, onto the deals, of which there are several, including:
That’s it friends!! Have a great weekend, and may it be full of awesome gaming!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 4/24-26/13: The Everybody’s Working for the Weekend Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, Expanse: First Contact, Freeworlds, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, pytheas, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, sins of a solar empire trinity, skyjacker, Space Empires IV, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, strange adventures in infinite space, Void of Darknes, weird worlds return to infinite space
You Magnificent Son of A Bitch…
Welcome to episode #09 of the Space Game junkie Podcast! In this episode, Jim and I bring on Gamers With Jobs CEO Shawn “Certis” Andrich to discuss if space games are just “chasing a dot”, as he called them previous. In a surprise — to me at least, and pleasantly so — the discussion evolves and turns into an intervention where we discuss how space action games have become kinda samey in terms of lack of space, lack of place and so on to help Shawn find some new games. It was a fun, spirited discussion. :)
Podcast: Play in new window
We talked about a looooooot of games, and you can find links to all of them below in the show notes. We hope you enjoy the show, and invite you to comment here or on the forum, as well as use our RSS or iTunes feeds to subscribe to us. Thanks for listening, and have a great day! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #09: Chasing Dots and Games” »
dangerous, darkstar one, diaspora, drox operative, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, freelancer, freespace 2, freespace open, Frontier: Elite II, FTL, galaxy on fire, Homeworld, independence war 2, limit theory, Rules of Engagement, skyjacker, Space Rangers 2, star citizen, star wars: tie fighter, Star Wars: X-Wing, star wars: x-wing alliance, Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Starshatter, strike suit zero, wing commander, Wing Commander Saga The Darkest Dawn, x series
I’ve Got The Whole…News…In My Hands…
Hellloooo everyone, and happy hump day! I hope y’all are having a lovely week thus far, and to hopefully add some spaceship shininess to your day, here’s a buncha news for your eyes to feast upon! Plenty of vids today too, so they’ll all be embedded after the cut.
- Star Citizen – The folks on the official site want’cha to meet Chris Smith, new 3D Artist on the gam, and I’ll embed the video below .They also plan live chats with specific members of their dev team I think going on right now. The Concept Ships blog also has some concept art from the game, some (all?) of which we’ve seen. Finally, there’s a new screenshot of a carrier and some squadrons on Facebook that is GORGEOUS.
- Star Trek Online – Several posts about their upcoming third anniversary today, including specific ships, events, and a reveal video over on PC Gamer — which has Denise Crosby, apparently.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a couple of articles for us today, one on EVE role playing, and a video interview with Tempelman N, head of the Bombers Bar corporation.
- FTL – The Mittani also have a review of the game on their site.
- Beyond Beyaan – Two Kickstarter updates for us, one regarding reaching 20% of his funding goal (yay!) and the other on some new tiers.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new video showing off the creation of a factory station. Can I have this game yet? Like, now? ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – The folks at The Pixel Press have both a textual review and a video review. Wowie.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks are having an Automoton ship design competition that you can enter. The prize is a signed artbook. Cool!
- SkyJacker – Over on Kickstarter, the devs have detailed exactly where their newfound money will be going. I love that kinda transparency.
- Drifter – Yet another screenshot, this time of some angry battle. PEW PEW!
- Dominion – These folks have some lovely new high-res planet screenshots to show y’all.
- Spatial Flux – Just found this one on Kickstarter today. It’s a “pixel art style text adventure set in space”. It’s got spaceships though, so there ya go…;)
Finally, just to let y’all know, tomorrow night I’ll be doing a live interview with Tyler Yohe of Broken Crown Games about their upcoming game, Escaping Titan, over Google Hangout. I’ve never done a Google Hangout interview before, let ALONE a live interview, so this’ll be interesting, and of course you’re all invited. Once I figure out where the heck it’ll be I’ll put the link up here and on Facebook and Twitter. Hope to see some of y’all there. :)
That’s it for today folks. Thanks for visiting and reading!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 1/30/12: Video Deluge” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, dominion, drifter, endless space, escaping titan, eve online, FTL, skyjacker, spatial flux, star citizen, star trek online, strike suit zero
Lots of Stuff Today!
Hey party people, how’s your Thursday holding up? Mine is great so far. Have a review in the pipeline now, just started on a preview, and will try to get two more reviews in the pipe before the staycation ends. YEAH! Space games for the MF’ing win! :) With that said, let’s look at some news about said space games!
- Freespace – Here’s a small update to yesterday’s story/dream thing on Volition. Thanks to Scratched on Gamers With Jobs for catching this comment on Reddit leading to this trademark search result that tells us the holder of the Freespace trademark is Stompy Bot Productions. I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard of these folks, but since they have a new Heavy Gear game coming out too (OMGOMG), I contacted ‘em to see what’s the what on the trademark and what they plan to do with it, if anything. I’ll let y’all know what I find out. In other Freespace news, GOG’s version of the game will now run on a Mac! Awesome!
- Homeworld – According to PCGamesN, the folks at media company teamPixel, have launched a new IndieGoGo campaign to acquire the rights to Homeworld. This “Save Homeworld” campaign would involve selling the original game on GOG and Steam, make a new version for tablets, and then start work on Homeworld 3. I’ll keep an eye out on this one. Also, here’s a pitch video (I think that’s what it is) better explaining the project. It’ll be embedded below, of course.
- SkyJacker – With a bit more than a day left, their Kickstarter campaign FINALLY reached its funding goal! YES! Congrats to them!
- Galactose – The dev has announced a new alpha build to try out on our very own forum, as well as a short video of the new build, which I’ll embed below.
- Quintet – This is a new game that I wanna let y’all know about (because the dev was nice enough to email me). ;) This new game is called Quintet, and it’s a multiplayer bridge simulator. Where it differs from Artemis, the other game that currently encompasses this very small space, is that it can be played in a browser, rather than a Windows executionable. This opens up the game to way more people, I think. I’m going to be trying it out soon, but why not give it a try yourselves for free by clicking the link? :)
- Strike Suit Zero – A plethora of reviews has come in recently from places such as Rock, Paper Shotgun, IGN, Digital Spy and Eurogamer. I won’t spoil ‘em for you but…you should read ‘em. Also, the game is now available on GOG.
- Star Citizen – OMG their site FINALLY has an RSS feed! YAY! This will help me find more new for you, such as a small video interviewing Chief Visual Officer Chris Oliva (also embedding below), as well as an ad for an in-game salvage yard called Dumper’s Depot.
- Conquest: Frontier Wars – Even though right now he’s working on Star Sitizen, Erik Petersen gives us his thoughts about Conquest: Frontier Wars, his other baby. ;) You can also read an interview I did with him on the proposed sequel.
- StarDrive/Deep Space Settlement- I missed this yesterday (their stories need better titles ;), but 4xgamer has a beta video of StarDrive for your viewing pleasure, as well as a link to a tiny bonus video of Deep Space Settlement. These will be embedded after the cut.
Finally, on the Concept Ships blog, there’s a lovely little motion graphic of the progress of painting a ship by Tom McDowell that is really neat to look at.
That’s it folks! Have a lovely day and I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow! :)
Continue reading “Space Game News 1/24/12: Old Games Coming Out of The Woodwork…” »
Apparently I Need More of This Stuff…
So apparently I missdated yesterday’s news. Silly me, TODAY is 1/23, but I digreess. ;) Besides the big Volition news below, some OTHER stuff happened (I know, right?), so let’s hit the ground running shall we? ;)
- SkyJacker – First off, I just want to pimp this Kickstarter since it has about two days left and only needs maybe a couple of grand, so if you can up your pledge, or pledge in general, please do so. I want to see this game get made, and apparently so does Space Sector, which makes sense. ;)
- Drox Operative – There’s a review of the game over on Christ Centered Gamer that needs your attention. ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – The folks at Giant Bomb have a quick look video of the game, which I’ll also embed below.
- Star Conflict – The folks at MMOHut have a first look video of the game which I’ll be embedding below as well.
- Star Trek Online – According to entries on their dev blog, the game was featured in Star Trek Magazine (yay for them!) AND they have some pretty new ships, including some LOVELY Jem’Hadar ships.
- Ring Runner – According to their Kickstarter page, they were featured on IGN’s The Next Game Boss (embedded after the cut), and they have a forum thread to answer questions that might arise from the video.
- Solar War – 4xgaming has an interview with the game’s developer.
- StarDrive – 4xgaming is also reporting that the game is going to miss their intended beta release date, which was going to be 1/29.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great one!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 1/23/13 – The Correct Date Edition” »
So. Much. News!
Haaaaay everyone, happy Monday! Also, in the U.S., let’s take a moment to remember the amazing man that was Martin Luther King Jr., for I know I wish he was still here with us. In happier news, it’s my staycation! WOOOOO! Sorry I didn’t post on Friday, but I had a CRAPTON of stuff I had to do that day before leaving work, so this is a catch up edition of the news, and there’s aplenty of it, so let’s get started!
- I just wanna help push the latest Skyjacker kickstarter, as it has four days left and I’d REALLY like ‘em to meet their goal this time. ;) You can also read little article Rock, Paper Shotgun wrote up on ‘em, as well as my Q&A with the devs from way back. Please give if you can. :)
- The Vendetta Online folks have launched their own Kickstarter to help fund the creation of an iPad version of the game as well as the latest major revision to the existing game. Speaking of the existing game, there’s a new update with a bunch of fixes.
- According to a post on the Kinetic Void Kickstarter page, the Kinetic Void folks are planning for the first alpha to be available hopefully around mid-February, with a beta to follow in April. Yay!!!
- In a press release, the Miner Wars 2081 folks have detailed a new patch which adds an offline mode, a cheat mode and numerous bug fixes. They also have a lengthy topic on the new patch over on Steam which goes into more detail.
- The Galaxial blog has a huge new update talking about color variations for asteroids and sectors, railguns and optimizations to their rendering.
- Thanks to 4xgamer for pointing out that there’s a new Star Lords alpha available for your downloading pleasure. Dunno how I missed that.
- I also don’t know how I missed a new patch for Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, but thankfully Blue’s News didn’t. ;) I thought I was on these people’s email lists or something. ;)
- There’s a new update on the StarMade blog talking about its new faction system.
- There’s some lovely new wallpaper for y’all to download over on the Star Conflict site. They also have a new patch which improves corporations.
- The Ring Runner folks have added Tom Servo of Mystery Science 3000 to their payroll, apparently. ;)
- The folks at TruePCGaming have posted their review of Drox Operative (which I’ll be getting to this week I SWEAR). ;)
- Over on their forums, the Amplitude folks have posted where multiplayer stands in Endless Space.
- The folks at IGN have a Let’s Try Video of Zigfrak, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- There’s a new update for Evochron Mercenary on the official site (you just download the whole kit and kaboodle and install it over your existing installation, FYI), which apparently helps with frame rate issues and a bunch of other stuff.
- The IndieDB page for OreSome has a list of the latest patches, as well as news of a preview over on Dad’s Gaming Addiction.
- A new EVE Online deb blog talks about the new duelng feature.
- There’s a new story series called “The Lost Generation” over on the Star Citizen website, and the first issue just launched.
- There’s a new update on the Star Command Kickstarter talking about why the gamehas been delayed.
- According to a new post on the SlipSpace Kickstarter, the game will now support the GameStick thingy.
- Over on Twitter, Celsius Game Studios has a new screenshot of an Egret in Drifter for us to gawk at.
- Finally in spacey gaming news, there are some new concept art shots of Edge of Space over on the game’s forum.
There’s also some non-direct space gaming news from folks related to space gaming, such as:
That’s it! Thanks for your time and patience folks, and have an awesome day. :)
drifter, drox operative, edge of space, endless space, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, gratuitous space battles, Homeworld, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, skyjacker, slipspace, star citizen, Star Command, Star Conflict, star lords, starmade, strike suit zero, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online, weird worlds return to infinite space, zigfrak
Lots of News Lately! Whee!
Heeeeeeeey everyone, how are ya? I’m back, kinda (work is NUTS this week), but I think I have enough time today to throw together some news if y’all don’t mind. Lemme just tell ya, after this week? I am sooooooo looking forward to having next week off. ;) Now let’s dive in, shall we?
- Today’s big news is that Iceberg Interactive will be publishing Starpoint Gemini II. Yay! They also sent over some new screenshots, which I’ll post after the cut. I also admit, I forgot I did a Q&A with the SGII folks a while back (it’s been a while, back off! ;), so I thought I’d put that up here too for your reading pleasure.
- The latest expansion to Gratuitous Space Battles, Outcasts, was released late last week according to Cliffski’s blog. I should be diving into it soon my own self, even though I am HORRIBLE at the game. ;)
- There are new reviews of Drox Operative over on Entertainment Depot and IncGamers. I’m really happy about the amount of press the game is getting, it’s certainly deserved. :) Also, according to their Facebook, a new patch will be released soon! YAY!
- The Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter has an update saying that the game will also be released on GOG for those who want a DRM-free copy. VERY cool!
- Gamasutra has an interview with Deavid Braben (I love the title, “That’s So Braben” *giggle*) which talks about what a rollercoaster the crowdfunding was for Elite: Dangerous.
- GOG has a new space game added to their already amazing selection, this time it’s the great O.R.B. Off-World Resource Base, which many sadly wrote off as a Homeworld clone, which it really isn’t. Regardless, it’s totally worth the $5.99.
- There’s a new update on the SkyJacker Kickstarter trying to get more folks to back their awesome-looking project. Head on over and check it out.
- There’s a new teaser video for Rogue System that looks positively droolworthy, and I’ll be embedding it after the cut.
- There’s a new update on the Galaxial blog talking about recent updates to the game such as new interface windows and music.
- Apparently there’s been a substantive update to Fairspace Genesis that adds a TON of stuff like contrails, better pilot AI, improved quest rewards and more. There’s also a new video showing some of these off, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has a new update looking at sectors, as well as one saying less is more.
- The StarMade site has a list of recent changes to the game, of which there are several.
- According to Massively, season eight of Star Trek Online will be arriving later this year to mark the three-year anniversary of the game. Season nine will be rolled out shortly thereafter.
- There’s a cool new screenshot of Solar War over on its Facebook page.
- The first release candidate of Freespace Open 3.6.16 is available for those brave souls willing to try it. ;)
- Apparently you can now purchase the Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion soundtrack as separate DLC over on Steam, which I totally plan to do soon.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has a lovely little look at Edge of Space.
- Finally in news, Space Sector has a list of sci-fi games you can’t miss in 2013. Don’t worry, I won’t let’cha miss ‘em either. ;)
In deals news, we only have a couple. A new Bundle Stars bundle has been launched with some pretty good games in it…and Stellar Impact. ;) I only mention it because it’s a space game, but the overall bundle is pretty awesome despite its inclusion. ;) They also re-launched their original bundle, which includes the really fun Star Wolves 2.
That’s it folks. Have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game Newsies and Dealsies – 1/11-15/13” »
beyond beyaan, drox operative, edge of space, elite: dangerous, fairspace genesis, freespace open, galaxial, gratuitous space battles, rogue system, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, skyjacker, solar war, star trek online, Star Wolves 2, starmade, starpoint gemini ii, stellar impact, strike suit zero
Drink In the News…
Hey guys, me again, hiiii! Sorry for the sporadic posts, been kind of a wonky week, but here I am to drop a news bomb on y’all. :) Here we go!
- We have more reviews of Drox Operative on tap, this time from GamesFinity, Halfbeard’s HUD (LOVE that name) and Inside Mac Games. Stop asking me when I’ll be doing mine…oh, wait, you haven’t been. Well, well…I see how it is…
- According to the EVE Online community site, EVE Online and Dust 514 servers have now merged. The PlaySF blog wrote up some wordy things about it.
- According to an interview with David Braben over on PCGamesN, Elite Dangerous will have 100 billion star systems and the Thargoids will return. There’s also a video of Braben doing an Elite postmortem on Gamasutra, which is an hour long. I can neither embed it nor watch it right now, sadly.
- The Skyjacker Kickstarter has an update on how the game is made, pledges, and a request to spread the word. I’ve now done my part for the day. ;) Oh, yeah, I also did an interview with ‘em a while back. Check it. ;)
- On the topic of 4X games, Space Sector has an article on the graphics libraries they use, while 4xgamer wonders why you’ve been missed by them.
- 4xgamer also has an interview with Stephanie Rancourt on her game, Deep Space Settlement.
- The Predestination website asks if you’re designing a commander, missile or building and then shares some examples.
- According to the Lunar Flight site, the game will now be available at retail stores in Germany, thanks to the folks at Headup Games. Awesome, more exposure for an awesome game. :)
- The official FTL website has a lovely recap of how awesome 2012 was for them, and the game is also 50% off on Steam, going for $4.99, matching the price on the official site (which also gets you a Steam key).
- PixelProspector has chosen their picks for the Independent Games Fesitval. It’s eighty games long, and includes friends of the blog such as Syder Arcade, Retrobooster, Gimbal, FTL and Beat Hazard Ultra.
- Finally, a cute little snippet as Chris Roberts visits the RSI office in Austin, marking the first time the new team is all together in one studio. These guys are adorkable. :)
Finally, in non-spacey gaming news, Eurogamer has an article called Trends of 2013: Rise of the Indies. I wanna go on record and say, as a space game fan, indies have been on the rise since the early 2000s once AAA space games began to falter, and I’ve been trying to thank ‘em for years. ;)
That’s it for now folks. Thanks for reading and visiting, and have an awesome day!
beat hazard, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, eve online, FTL, gimbal, Lunar Flight, predestination, retrobooster, skyjacker, syder arcade
Some News to End Your Week!
Haaaaaaaay guuuuuys, happy Friday! So sorry about missing yesterday, but it was a bit wackadoo up in here, so I’ve got a double dose of newsiness today, along with some deals. Let’s finish off the week with a bunch of fun! Wheee!
- Thanks to Space Sector for letting us know about a new spacey game called Terrestrial Domination on Kickstarter. I’ll embed the pitch video below, because apparently you can do that now (is that a new thing? It looks like a new thing).
- Over on the Kickstarter for Skyjacker (which I’m not sure if it’s SkyJacker or Skyjacker because they always SPELL IT IN ALL CAPS which kinda drives me nuts), they have an update with new reward tiers and wallpapers.
- RTS Guru has a fan-created video of concept map art for Galcon 2, which I’ll be embedding below.
- Over on the FTL forums, some awesome person created a Lego Kestrel, which needs to go on sale immediately so I can buy one.
- According to the Lunar Flight website, the Steam community hub now has a bunch of tips for new pilots, which I need to get to reading so I can stop crashing this crazy thing.
- The cool spacey miney gamey thing OreSome is now available on Desura for $3.99. I should snag myself a copy soon.
- There are reviews of Drox Operative over on Capsule Computers, Space Sector and Video Game Writers. Yes, yes, I know I need to write mine, back off. ;)
- 4xgamer has a new column entitled “eXposed” which looks at forgotten 4X games from the past, starting with GalactiCards, which isn’t even on my list! Shame on me! Even *I* missed that one. ;)
- The Kickstarter for Slipspace has a new update with some new…updates from the team.
- According to VGN247, there’s now a planned Mac version of Elite: Dangerous.
- The Ring Runner Kickstarter has an update with a tentative release schedule and some other tidbits.
- Jon Shafer has a new article on turn-based vs. real-time game design that sadly mentions Master of Orion 3.
- Finally, sites are making preditions for 2013 which includes some space games! Rock, Paper Shotgun mentions Strike Suit Zero, while PC Gamer also mentions Strike Suit Zero, 0x10c, Infinity, Star Command, Ring Runner, Starlight Inception, Northstar, Planetary Annihilation, X Rebirth, Drifter and Kinetic Void (why these are listed as strategy, I’ve no idea), and a page on 2014, which mentions Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous.
In non-gamey news, SolCommand has a new Goldminer model in progress. In deals news, only one today, and that’s Evochron Mercenary is 75% off for the next ten hours on Steam, bringing it down to $6.24, a total steal.
Thanks for reading folks, and have a great weekend!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals – 1/4/13” »
0x10c, drifter, drox operative, elite: dangerous, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galacticards, galcon 2, infinity, kinetic void, Lunar Flight, master of orion 3, northstar, oresome, planetary annihilation, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, skyjacker, slipspace, star citizen, Star Command, starlight inception, strike suit zero, terrestrial domination, x rebirth
Last News of 2012?
Hey guys, happy last Friday of 2012! Not a lot of news today, so let’s dive in:
That’s all the news I could find! I know, right? There are some AWESOME deals today though:
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is on Steam’s Daily Deal for $13.59, which is the cheapest I believe I’ve ever seen it, and a TOTAL steal. Trinity is also a steal at $6.79.
- FTL is going for $4.99 on the official site right now, which is also a great deal.
Finally, there’s some lovely ship art by James Paick on the Concept Ships blog.
And that’s it! Have a lovely day and weekend, and thanks for visiting! :)
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 12/28/12” »