Spacey Gamey News and Dealsiness – 12/14-18/12
Hey folks, happy Tuesday! SO SORRY I didn’t post yesterday, but I was sick as a dog. Apparently I have a bronchial infection, woohoo! It subsided for a week or so but came back full force this past weekend, so badly that I went to the doctor yesterday. Now I have drugs!! Woohoo! So let me bring you up to speed on all the spacey gamey newsiness in my drug-enduced sleepy haze, and enjoy!
- First, there are a bunch of news bits about Elite: Dangerous. First, Frontier Developents laid off fourteen people as a result of “changing mix of skills requirements for our current and future projects”. I’m sure I speak for us all when I say we wish them the best of luck during this tough time. Despite this, the number of updates over on Kickstarter has really kicked it up a notch. These updates include part 3 of the Chris Roberts/David Braben Interview (embedded after the cut), an updated FAQ, a new render of an Anaconda plus news that anyone pledging over ninety pounds will get all content updates forever, and a video with David Braben talking about the game’s development plan (also embedded below). WHEW.
- The Kickstarter for Skyjacker has its first update about why it exists, as well as a new update looking at transformations, which is really nifty!
- Adam Solo over on Space Sector has an interview with the CEO of Iceberg Interactive about all sorts of fun stuff!
- There’s a new spacey game coming called Barrage which is a 4X thingy that we don’t know much about yet, but sounds nifty! The dev let me know about it via Twitter.
- The Predestination Kickstater has a new update looking at their first stretch goal, accepting Paypal donations and more.
- The Dominion Kickstarter page has a new update in which they blow crap up!
- There’s a new reviews of Drox Operative over at Gamer Living, ElcomeSoft, GamerCast and a video review by Strafing Forward as well! Yay! (Yes, I know I have mine to do. :P) You can now also buy the game from the Mac Game Store.
- There’s a video preview of Retrobooster over at GamersDissent. Looks like a good time.
- The Star Citizen site has an update about their partnership with Behavior Interactive, an update on their forums and plenty more.
- There are two new meaty Limit Theory updates on their Kickstarter, including a space station tech demo and new stretch goals, among other things!
- There’s a new dev blog talking about Polaris, the third free content update for Endless Space.
- There are some new screenshots of Strike Suit Zero on their Facebook page.
- According to their blog, Ensign-1 now supports Xbox 360 controllers.
- There’s a new blog update on the Rodina website talking about revamped planet generators.
- A new update for Star Made brings a shield system, a revised chat system and more!
- Star Conflict now has friends lists as part of their most recent update, according to their blog.
- Finally, RTS Guru has an article entitled “Do Strategy Gamers care about Visual effects?” that mentions FTL a bit.
SHEEESH! But wait folks, we’re not done! We also have DEALS, starting with a bunch from GamersGate today, which are as follows:
- Gratuitous Space Battles: The Order for $1.79
- Gratuitous Space Battles: The Swarm for $1.79
- Gratuitous Space Battles: The Tribe for $1.79
- Gratuitous Space Battles The Parasites for $1.80
- Gratuitous Space Battles: The Nomads for $1.79
- Gratuitous Space Battles: Galactic Conquest for $1.79
- Gratuitous Space Battles for $4.49
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack (which includes all of the above, CRAZY AWESOME DEAL) for $6.30
- Miner Wars 2081 for $12.50
Finally in deals, DotEmu has a bunch, including:
- Space Empires: Starfury for $3.00
- Space Empires 4 for $3.00
- Darkstar One for $3.00
- O.R.B. for $1.50
WHEEEEW! Thanks for your patience folks, REALLY appreciate it. Once I get better and the holidays are over I should be able to resume something of a normal schedule and get more actual content out. :) Have a great day y’all!