Hellloooo my friends, and happy Monday! It’s time for another news digest, as I’ve gotten to that point where I have enough news to make one, and am gonna make the dang time needed to write one. :) There’s plenty to go over, so let’s dive in, shall we? (Remember, all vids are embedded after the cut)
- Endless Space – According to this Tweet from the Amplitude folks, the free add-on for Disharmony, entitled The Search for Auriga, will be released on November 14th! Insert obligatory “will this add the fun?” joke here. ;) (Sorry, couldn’t resist…)
- Wing Commander – The CIC has a couple of things of note, first a look back at the series by Den of Geek, then a look at the treasures in Chris Roberts’ office. Waaaaaaaant. They also have some shots of a new 3D rendered model of the Bearcat as well as some ships from Privateer 2.
- Star Citizen – Speaking of Chris Roberts, he’s chimed in to announce the game’s recent goal of $26 million in funding, which will now allow players to choose another starting ship. On the other side of the coin, the folks at Stick and Rudder wonder what might happen if the game fails. Back on the official site, there’s a new lore builder talking about racing, more details on the updated Hornet, a wacky new episode of The Wingman’s Hangar and finally, the full announcement for The Next Great Starship contest. Wheeew, that was a mouthful, huh?
- Eterium – There are some new details for the Sagaris medium fighter available.
- Galaxial – We finally have a new dev update, this time looking at some improved ship graphics. When can we play this again? ;)
- Vendetta Online – The most recent patch includes a new variant to the Vulture, custom names for cap ships and more.
- SkyJacker – There are a couple of new updates showing off details and free flight videos (which will be below as well) of the YTG Bomber and YTG Herald for your viewing enjoyment.
- EVE Online – The official site has a community spotlight on Agony Unleashed, a corp offering PVP classes, which is pretty cool of them.
- The Mandate – There’s a new video over at Viddler showing off a panel about the game at the recent MCM Comic Con late last month.
- Predestination – Hot on the heels of the recent combat beta, the planetary beta has now been released into the grubby paws of testers, myself included. Really need to try this…
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is here, with news of new campaigns, some features for the next release of FSO and more!
- Astrobase Command – There’s a new pictoral training montage on the game’s blog. I’m liking the look of this thing.
- Limit Theory – The latest development video has been posted which looks as sexy as ever.
- Sea of Stars – The folks behind this game have also posted their latest dev video, which looks fantastic.
- Star Wars Squadrons – Apparently this is a successor to TIE Fighter that I only just recently heard of, and it apparently works with the Oculus Rift. Wowie!
In somewhat relevant news, the Escapist has an odd list of the eight best giant video game spaceships. Then, reader Stephen Cameron sent in a video of his own procedural starship creator, similar to the one I posted the other day, which looks damned cool and runs in C I believe.
Finally, in deals, GamersGate is having a Stardock midweek sale with all the usual suspects present.
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!