Hey kids, I know I’m a little behind on this but damn did last week’s trip kick my ASSSS. Regardless, the crayon contest is now over, and we have the winners, so check out their art after the cut!
Hello my friends, and happy Friday! It’s been a busy week here, but the news has been piling up, so I thought I’d close out the work week with the latest batch of space game news. Let’s do this!
- Infinite Space 3 – A new developement update has been released with more gameplay footage covering ship usage, galaxy generation and more!
- The Mandate – The devs have a new update on Kickstarter showing off a bunch of new screenshots covering new hallways and rooms and so on. It looks great!
- Starpoint Gemini 2 – There’s a massive new update for the game along with a new hero contest where you can create your own in-game character.
- Star Lords – Star Lords also got a pretty big update, which adds a new game creation screen, plenty of bug fixes and more.
- Wing Commander – Lots of news from the CIC lately. First off, sad news that the author of the amazing Claw Marks magazine from the first game, Aaron Allston, has passed away. That was great stuff, and we thank you for it sir. In happier news, the Banshee fighter has some artistic treatment via Deviantart, and finally news that George Oldziey’s Kickstarter has passed the $10,000 mark. Wheee!
- Star Citizen – The official site has a few new pieces of content, such as part five of DATELINE: SESEN, an ongoing piece of in-game fiction, along with an in-game piece of news about the Advocacy Archive. Finally, the latest version of the hangar has been released and it adds Oculus Rift support…if you can get one of course.
- Line of Defense Tactics – This game out recently, and I still need to get myself a copy, but there’s already a review of it over on DigitallyDownloaded.net for y’all to check out.
- Approaching Infinity – A new update over on Kickstarter tells us that the main quests are eighty percent complete, and includes a bunch of screenshots for us to gawk at.
- Epic Space Game – The folks at TenTonHammer have an interview with the developers for y’all to read.
- EVE Online – The Mittani is reporting that EVE is underoing a DDOS attack, not sure if it’s been resolved as I write this however. New-to-me site Play The Past also has a microhistory of the game, as they call it.
- GoD Wingman Factory – There’s a new post which has an early look at the cockpit view of an Arblos alien fighter craft.
- Star Trek: Armada 3 – This amazing mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (sorry, it’s not a new sequel to the original game) has finally reached 1.0 status, so if you don’t have it yet, get it.
- X Rebirth – A massive press release went out detailing a bunch of new fixes for the game, along with a new video showing some of them off (which will be embedded below). It adds features such as…*giggle*…targeting…
- New Games – Thanks to a variety of sources, I’ve discovered some new games recently that I wanted to share with y’all, so I’ll link to the sources through which I found ‘em rather than their official sites. ;) These include Cosmonautica, Habitat, Astro War, Space Run and Planets3. They all look cool, so check ‘em out.
But wait, we’re not done, we have some sales! GamersGate is selling the aforementioned Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion for $19.98, but it’s been cheaper elsewhere so you might wanna wait. You can then get Gimbal in the Indie Royale Pancake Bundle and the AI War collection in Bundle Stars’ Fusion Bundle. Finally, DotEmu has a massive anniversary sale going on with too much stuff to list here.
Finally, amazing site McSweeny’s has an article covering one of the toughest jobs of any starship captain, yet one we don’t see modeled in games often enough. ;)
That’s it folks, have a great weekend!
Hello everyone, and happy hump day! It’s time for another newsey digestey thingy, and there’s a good chunk of stuff to go over today, so let’s get to it!
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – Out of nowhere is new DLC today entitled, The Stellar Phenomena, which adds random events, new stars and deep space anomalies. It’s going for $4.99 on Steam right now.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – These folks not only have a new website, but new forums as well! Give ‘em a visit!
- Kerbal Space Program – The devs have released a quick list of some of the features of the next version of the game, including a science lab module, 3D mouse support and more. Das24680 also has a new Let’s Play installment looking at the new career mode, which I have to check out my own self.
- Star Citizen – There’s a post looking at the in-game Astro Armada marketing campaign, as well a gallery of the interior of the Idris corvette, which looks seeeeeeeexay. The devs also announced AMD Mantle support for the game.
- Voidnex Frontier – A admittedly long awaited update covers the game’s new graphics and combat system.
- Wing Commander – According to the CIC, the user-created Concordia hangar has been updated which now adds a Scimitar medium fighter, along with a new paint job for the Sabre. They also have some new user art to share with us.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude site has two new posts covering The Search for Auriga, one on balancing and another on a new robotic hero in the expansion.
- The Mandate – A new post over on Kickstarter covers stretch goals, PayPal and DRM among other things.
- Galactic Civilizations III – There’s new information in the game’s databanks covering the various civilizations in the game.
- SkyJacker – A new post on Kickstarter details their rise through Steam Greenlight and also includes a video of a YTG strike group.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new YouTube video showing off fog and asteroids in the game. Are you happy now Mathias?!?! ARE YOU?! ;)
- Star Conflict – The folks behind the game are looking for translators to help with the French, Spanish and German versions of the game. Do you have what it takes?
- EVE Online – The official site has a new post covering the Sisters of EVE faction ships in the upcoming expansion, Rubicon. The Mittani also has news of a civil war in the Amarr militia, and a battle report showing off bombing runs in Doril.
- Spacebase DF-9 – A new blog post discusses balance changes in the next version of the alpha game.
- Infinite Pixels – You can now pick this game up on Desura if you so desire, according to the game’s IndieDB page, which also includes a new launch trailer.
Finally, the Bundle in a Box folks have a new Indie Strategy Game Bundle which includes AI War and a bunch of other titles for a $1.99 minimum purchase, which is a good deal if you ask me.
That’s it for today folks. Have an awesome one!
Hellloooo my friends, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a lovely weekend and are looking forward to a fun week ahead! Me, I am sooooo tired, and haven’t had time to get in much gaming besides some Skyrim (I have such an on-again, off-again relationship with the game…I’ll play it obsessively for weeks, to the detriment of any other game) and some time with the Starpoint Gemini 2 alpha. Not much there yet, but it’s fun to fly around and shoot stuff at the moment. Anyway, news! Let’s get to it! (All vids will be embedded after the cut, FYI.)
- Space Engineers – So this was announced today, and it’s coming to us from the same folks who made Miner Wars 2081. Not sure if this means the MMO version of Miner Wars is toast or what, but I’ll keep an eye on this one (warily so, since MW2081 turned out to be something of a mess). Oh, there’s also some alpha game footage. Also, some unofficial game trailers courtesy of their forums. Finally, a blog entry from the game’s lead dev. Can you read my excitement? Good, you noticed there wasn’t any. (It might also be because I’m exhausted too…)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new entry in A Separate Law, a letter from Chris Roberts about passing $18 million in crowdfunding, and the latest episode of the Wingman’s Hangar (which I didn’t know one could get on YouTube or I’d have linked them sooner, sorry). Also, there’s a Massively interview with CI’s Ben Lesnick and Dave Haddock about the game (thanks Wing Commander CIC for the link).
- Star Trek Online – Part seven of Massively’s visit to Cryptic is online, as is an interview with some of the game’s developers on the G & T Show.
- Kaiser Earth – A new game mode called Super Kaiser Earth is on the way with a more direct control style. I need to give this game a whirl.
- Elite: Dangerous – The latest edition of their newsletter (thanks Wild Bill! for sending it along) discusses the creation of stations and ships.
- EVE Online – If you recall, I mentioned a bit ago that an anniversary edition of the game is coming out which includes a Rifter USB hub. Well, a fan got his hands on an early version of the Rifter, and it is sexy (she’s always been one of my favorite looking ships in EVE). In other news, The Mittani is reporting that, just a week after being released with Odyssey 1.1, the first Moracha has been destroyed already, an another expensive ship, a Caldari Raven valued at 60 billion ISK, has been lost, N3 is evicting The Gorgon Empire ships from its systems and aparently TRIBE will be disbanding.
- Drox Operative – A new beta patch has some planetary-based fixes, racial fixes and so on.
- Wing Commander – Thanks to podcast co-host Jim for first pointing this out to me. Apparently Howard Day — who we talked to recently on the podcast — felt inspired by the recent Star Citizen hangar and decided to create a Concordia hangar in Unity wherein one could walk around a ConFed Broadsword bomber (one of my faaaaves). It’s REALLY awesome, so go check it out.
- ScrumbleShip – There’s a new screenshot of…something…I forget what, since I snagged it from Twitter and lost the Tweet…looks cool though…The dev also has a post about porting cross-platform games to OSX for the techically minded.
- Star Conflict – The devs have released their revised game development plan, which is pretty cool of them. I’m always a fan of this sort of transparency.
- Kerbal Space Program – The devs have released a features video looking at some of the new stuff in the upcoming 0.22 version.
- Infinite Pixels – A new alpha gives the game a much nicer cell-shaded look along with new enemies and other fixes. There’s a new video to show all this off, too.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – There’s a new video Q&A up in which the developers answer fan questions.
- Starlight Conflict – Apparently they’ve been approved for Steam! Horray, congrats to the team, that’s a big deal! :)
- Ring Runner – Those who own the game should have access to the beta of the new MOBA-like mode, according to this update. I’ve not tried it myself, though. :/
- X Rebirth – There’s a new nearly five-minute preview video available to make your video card cry (or maybe it’s just mine).
- Echelon – Pixelmusement continues their excellent coverage of classic DOS games with this popular title from 1987.
- Kickstarters – I found two of ‘em to share with y’all, Hadron’s Forge and Cimmerian Space. Check ‘em out!
Now, in deals, there are a decent few for y’all! First off, Gamefly is having a Kalypso sale which includes Legends of Pegasus for $15.99. Then, Greeman Gaming is having a Value Pack Week which includes plenty of sales, most notably Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity for $6.79, which oddly isn’t included in the Stardock complete pack for $56.97 (but Rebellion is), and finally, they have a Strike Suit Zero pack for $13.49.
Finally, in related news, since Gearbox is lending its support to the (now entitled) Homeworld: Shipbreakers, the game will no longer be free-to-play but a full commercial product! Hooray!
That’s it for today folks! Have a great one!
Heyyyyy guys! Me again (who else would it be, really?)! Been a CRAZY week, which is why I’m just getting to the news just now, and holy crap there’s a ton of it. I actually had to take a break in the middle of writing this just to eat a little something, because it was THAT INTENSE you guys! ;) Enjoy!
- Drox Operative – The expansion has finall been named! It’s titled Invasion of the Ancients and it has a ton of stuff, like ancient race invasions, space stations, a new race and more! YAY!
- AI War – The next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine, will be available for pre-order soon! Yay! I keep saying this, but I need to dive into this game. There’s also a new patch entitled “Activating Vengeful Sanding Machine” which adds a boatload of stuff to the game.
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – While not a whole expansion, the first DLC pack for the game, Forbidden Worlds, is now available for $4.99, and adds new planets, new research and more!
- Starlight Inception – The official trailer has finally be released, and it looks great! Check it out from the link or embedded below.
- Limit Theory – The latest video dev entry has been released, and it’s well worth a watch.
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – Matrix Games’ Erik Rutins put together an intro guide to playing a new game in the Age of Shadows for new players. There are also new videos by Das24680 showing explored locations, creating a destroyer fleet, destroyers vs. a cap ship and…loros fruit?
- Void Destroyer – The Kickstarter campaign is in full swing, and Paul has put out no-less than fifteen updates since it launched. Rather than list ‘em all individually, I’ll just link to the updates page if y’all don’t mind. ;)
- EVE Online – A lot of news here, the biggest being the release of Odyssey, their 19th (!) expansion pack. Keep chuggin’, CCP. There are also dev blogs talking about EVE VR and new audio transition sounds, as well as announcements on Caldari ships and military career arcs being reset. Over on The Mittani, they have so much EVE news I don’t even have time to list it all, but go check it out please. ;) Finally, Massively reports that 96% of EVE’s players are male, something CCP is juuuust fine with.
- 90Edges Universe – We now have the first pic from inside a space station. Nifty!
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – There’s a new video showing off some gameplay with the Oculus Rift.
- Beyond Beyaan – Apparently Brent has reverted to a pre-SVN version of the game, whatever that means. ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new “Observist Guide” to New York, a galactic guide to Earth, a new video containing an interview with 3D artist Jeff Cavitt (embedded below as well) and part nine of the writer’s guide.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new version of the game that adds metals and other stuff.
- StarMade – There’s a new dev build with a major focus on gravity. There’s also a new video explaining how beam weapons work (in Russian, FYI), as well as better AI, new textures and better admin tools.
- Infinite Pixels – The pre-alpha version is out for anyone who backed their IndieGoGo campaign. There’s also a new trailer for the alpha (embedded below).
- Void of Darkness -There’s a new teaser video of the game over on their IndieDB page (and embedded below).
- Eterium – Thanks to everyone who sent me info about this game. It looks very Wing Commanderesque, and the demo is a good time, so check it out.
- Kerbal Space Program – There’s a new minor update out (0.21) that adds crew management, overhauled space center scenery and more!
- Strike Suit Zero – Hey, they have a blog now, and their first post is about the game using the Oculus Rift! Yay!
- Predestination – Their May dev update is out, focusing on UI design and galaxy map features.
- Dominium – Sadly their Kickstarter failed, but they’ve still put out many updates on where the game is going.
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is out. This talks about the latest news in campaigns, coding and more.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new version with lots of little bug fixes.
- Rubicon – This game has now gone open source. Check it out!
- Retrobooster – There’s a new video of the game from VG24/7 which I’ll embed below.
- StarDrive – There’s a new review on GameGrin.
- Aegis Division – I found this new game over on Kickstarter, so go check it out
We’re not done yet folks. Ooooooohh no. We have deals! First off, Amazon has launched a new indie game storefront (yay for them!), and to celebrate, they have a TON of deals going on, way too many for me to mention here, but thanks to the good folks on Reddit, you can see a list of the individual games and bundles that are currently on sale, which include a good deal of spaciness. Finally, you can get Dawnstar over on IndieGameStand for as low as $1, but more if you want extras.
Finally, in related news, the latest Science Behind the SciFi newsletter has been released.
That’s it! Whew! I gotta get back to doing this daily. Thanks for your patience folks, and have a lovely day!
Hellloooooo everyone, and happy Friday! This was a really nutty week for me, hence the lack of news until today! I’ve got a WEEK’S worth of stuff to get through, so let’s DO THIS! ;)
(Sorry if the news pieces appear a bit disjointed, I had to go through between seventy to eighty news pieces out of order ;)
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – The game came out yesterday, and there’s already a new patch to fix some crashing problems that users have found since release. Das24680 also has five new videos of the game showing off more gameplay. Youtube user Pewpewchewchew also has a Let’s Play video of his own. These will all be embedded below.
- SkyJacker – There’s some new photos over on their facebook showing off the disassembly of a Shaarkarians mothership. They also have dissasembly videos of a Shaarkarians mothership, a Rak-Tak-Bashogee battleship and a Rak-Tak-Bashogee cruiser.
- Star Citizen – We have some new wallpapers showing off the planet Tyrol, part 8 of the writer’s guide, a Congress Now news update, a sneak peak at the hanger module and an interview with network and server programmer Tom Sawyer (embedded below as well). They also just announced an upcoming livingstreaming event in late June. Finally, Forbes did a video interview with Chris Roberts, which is also embedded below.
- Retrobooster – The developer recorded a video demo for the folks at IGN, which I can’t embed. The demo is a ton of fun, by the by. ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – Version 0.20 of the game has been released and adds things like chairs and other parts! Yay chairs! ;) There’s also a new merchandise store! I want a mug.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new fiction diary entry over on their Kickstarter, and the video will be embedded below. Thanks to Wild Bill for the tip!
- Drox Operative – In the midst of making an expansion, Steven has released a beta patch for the game. This new patch has a ton of little fixes.
- Star Trek Online – The new Legacy of Romulus expansion went live yesterday! Yay! There’s also a dev blog on Dilithium 101.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has word of a super-cap and dreadnaught battle in Venal and a brawl in Delve, both of which sound expensive. There’s also a video and interview regarding Campigenus, a twenty-four minute fan movie you can see here (and embedded below), and a report of the battle of T-8UOF.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch that adds a practice mode and a new sector, among other things.
- AI War – A new patch entitled, “Tumbleweeds In The Stars“, adds a new minor faction in preparation for the next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Thanks to IndieGames.com for making me aware of this multiplayer battle arena space game that just launched a Kickstarter. Looks nifty.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a new Kickstarter update showing off how the game is coming along, as well as a new teaser trailer, which will be embedded below.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new version of the game that adds awards and medals, jackets, new console commands and more.
- Aeon Command – Part 2 of the dev’s post mortem is now up.
- Lunar Flight – The multiplayer update — which includes a ton of stuff — is now up on Steam. I totally need to revisit this game.
- Strike Suit Zero – The mod dev tool called XedMod is now available, as well as some mods for the game. I can’t embed the video, however. :/ The Heroes of the Fleet DLC is also out now.
- 90Edges Universe – I was contacted by the dev of this project to let me know it exists. :) (I LOVE that, by the way.) It’s very early right now, but it looks like a neat open universey buildy thing. Check it out.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new dev post every day on their forums, if you’ve not checked it out recently.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new alpha trailer over on their IndieDB page, which I’ll also be embedded below. There are also posts on planets and co-op gameplay.
- Star Made – There’s been so much new news since my last update, including a new webserver, several new builds and more, that I’ll just direct you to their news page if you don’t mind. ;)
- Dominium – There’s a new video on their Kickstarter showing off some combat that sadly I can’t embed. It looks fun though. :)
- Void Space – I found this Kickstarter about a space mining simulator? Space AND mining? I love both of those things! Sold! (Maybe, if he updates his campaign at all, which he hasn’t yet, and that is a pet peeve of mine. TALK TO US DAMN YOU! ;)
- StarDrive – Some more reviews from CalmDownTom, Pure News and DMJared on YouTube. (Embedded below).
OH MY GOD that was a lot. But wait, we also have DEALS! Besides the two mentioned yesterday, we also have the following:
- Gamefly is having a deal on a few space games, which includes:
- Zigfrak is the newest deal over at IndieGameStand, and will cost $1 to get the game an $1.62 to get the game and its soundtrack.
- Space Pirates and Zombies is going for $7.47 over on Green Man Gaming.
- Spaceforce: Rogue Universe is also on sale at Green Man Gaming for $4.99.
- Strike Suit Zero is $9.99 on Steam to celebrate the release of the DLC noted above, which sadly isn’t discounted (but the older DLC is).
- The Legacy and Starter Packs for Star Trek Online are on sale to celebrate the release of the recent expansion.
FINALLY, we’re done. That took FOREVER to put together, but I love y’all, so y’all are worth it. ;) Have a great weekend!