Hello my friends, and happy Friday! It’s been a busy week here, but the news has been piling up, so I thought I’d close out the work week with the latest batch of space game news. Let’s do this!
- Infinite Space 3 – A new developement update has been released with more gameplay footage covering ship usage, galaxy generation and more!
- The Mandate – The devs have a new update on Kickstarter showing off a bunch of new screenshots covering new hallways and rooms and so on. It looks great!
- Starpoint Gemini 2 – There’s a massive new update for the game along with a new hero contest where you can create your own in-game character.
- Star Lords – Star Lords also got a pretty big update, which adds a new game creation screen, plenty of bug fixes and more.
- Wing Commander – Lots of news from the CIC lately. First off, sad news that the author of the amazing Claw Marks magazine from the first game, Aaron Allston, has passed away. That was great stuff, and we thank you for it sir. In happier news, the Banshee fighter has some artistic treatment via Deviantart, and finally news that George Oldziey’s Kickstarter has passed the $10,000 mark. Wheee!
- Star Citizen – The official site has a few new pieces of content, such as part five of DATELINE: SESEN, an ongoing piece of in-game fiction, along with an in-game piece of news about the Advocacy Archive. Finally, the latest version of the hangar has been released and it adds Oculus Rift support…if you can get one of course.
- Line of Defense Tactics – This game out recently, and I still need to get myself a copy, but there’s already a review of it over on DigitallyDownloaded.net for y’all to check out.
- Approaching Infinity – A new update over on Kickstarter tells us that the main quests are eighty percent complete, and includes a bunch of screenshots for us to gawk at.
- Epic Space Game – The folks at TenTonHammer have an interview with the developers for y’all to read.
- EVE Online – The Mittani is reporting that EVE is underoing a DDOS attack, not sure if it’s been resolved as I write this however. New-to-me site Play The Past also has a microhistory of the game, as they call it.
- GoD Wingman Factory – There’s a new post which has an early look at the cockpit view of an Arblos alien fighter craft.
- Star Trek: Armada 3 – This amazing mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (sorry, it’s not a new sequel to the original game) has finally reached 1.0 status, so if you don’t have it yet, get it.
- X Rebirth – A massive press release went out detailing a bunch of new fixes for the game, along with a new video showing some of them off (which will be embedded below). It adds features such as…*giggle*…targeting…
- New Games – Thanks to a variety of sources, I’ve discovered some new games recently that I wanted to share with y’all, so I’ll link to the sources through which I found ’em rather than their official sites. ;) These include Cosmonautica, Habitat, Astro War, Space Run and Planets3. They all look cool, so check ’em out.
But wait, we’re not done, we have some sales! GamersGate is selling the aforementioned Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion for $19.98, but it’s been cheaper elsewhere so you might wanna wait. You can then get Gimbal in the Indie Royale Pancake Bundle and the AI War collection in Bundle Stars’ Fusion Bundle. Finally, DotEmu has a massive anniversary sale going on with too much stuff to list here.
Finally, amazing site McSweeny’s has an article covering one of the toughest jobs of any starship captain, yet one we don’t see modeled in games often enough. ;)
That’s it folks, have a great weekend!
3 thoughts on “Spacey News and Dealies 2/28/14: The Where-The-Hell-Did-February-Go Edition…”
I’ve been waiting to buy X-Rebirth. The only current review I’ve found is from Roguey (of X mapping, etc fame), and he ripped on it pretty hard. I really want to play this, but was hoping till the early bugs were ironed out.
Only get this if its $5 on sale
Person on Earth I’d least like to be: That one guy who sits in the basement at Egosoft, working on X-Rebirth updates.