Hey friends, welcome to Tuesday as I write this on a Monday. SO MUCH NEWSINESS dropped since my last entry that I’m writing the news/deals portion on Monday and the rest on Tuesday. Buckle up, my friends.
So, I just finished writing ALL THAT news down there, so let me tell ya about this week’s videos so far. First up is Space Rangers HD, an amazing game that hasn’t gotten enough love around here, so I plan to fix that with an extended let’s play series. In these first two videos, I try both a trader and a warrior, and find both career paths are fairly tough. This game involves a lot of dying and reloading, it seems, which is fine, as I feel like I’m learning. I can’t wait to see how far the game takes me, because there is a LOT going on here.
This week’s second video is of the recently-released-to-early-access Sunless Skies. Now, even though I own Sunless Sea, I’ve never played it because IT LOOKS TOO CREEPY. I can’t avoid it here though, so I dive in for what ends up being an odd entry. Before recording, I was playing a bit to get a feel for it, and with my crew almost dying, I decided to start a new game and then record. Well, this apparently brought on a crazy bug in which stuff that showed up on the map didn’t actually show up in the game. I had to actually restart the game, which worked, but I ran out of time before I could record more. I do plan to revisit the game to give it a better look see, but so far I’m liking what I’m seeing.
This morning we had a great chat with the folks behind Interstellar Space: Genesis, which is a really fun looking Master of Orion 2 homage. The MP3 will be up soon. Tonight, I probably will play more Serious Sam’s Bogus Journey because I began it last night, and CRAP is it fun. What a lovely little twin-stick shooter. I also hope to make more progress in LOGistICAL Hawaii, and likely do some testing of Section 8: Prejudice before Thursday’s stream.
There is so much news my friends. So much.
- Polaris Sector is getting an expansion called Lumens which adds a new playable race and more!
- Heat Signature is hitting Steam on 9/21! Yay!
- Stellaris’ Synthetic Dawn story pack will also drop on 9/21! Yay!
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock now has the ability to export those amazing replays! Yay!
- Angels Fall First got another massive update with a new space map, better AI and more!
- Endless Space 2 is getting an update entitled Target Locked which will add fighters and bombers. The patch notes are damned huge.
- Lightspeed Frontier posted a nice dev update talking about work ongoing with the game. It’s looking great!
- Helium Rain has an update on its development roadmap that looks really tasty.
- Interstellar Transport Company also updated their development roadmap as well!
- Galactic Civilizations III got a massive new update with an improved UI and much more!
- Alliance of the Sacred Suns has a new video development update that I can’t wait to watch!
- Avorion has a new beta patch which reworks fighters and a bunch more!
- Galactic Crew got an update that added a tutorial in the game! Yay! The update prior added more character fun stuff.
- The Spatials: Galactology got a massive new update which adds planetary bases and more, apparently!
- Void Destroyer 2 got a new dev video showing off Paul’s work on polishing the game.
- Remnants of the Precursors’ developer not only has a dev diary about Java, but a Twitter challenge. There’s also four new alpha versions.
- Empyrean Frontier got a new playable faction in its campaign as part of its latest update.
- Frontier Pilot Simulator has a new free playable version for y’all to try.
- Legends of Azulgar got a meaty new update that adds new quests and more! It also got a big update before that one that fixed a bunch of stuff. Finally, they provided instructions for a dedicated server setup.
- Starship Command 2’s developer has been sketching out a new UI.
- Destination Ares has a new update which strives to improve the new player experience and more!
- Station 21 is looking to get its massive Aeon Arise update soon.
- Gangs of Space got a nice new update, plus finished its third conquest.
- Heathen Engineering’s Terran got a big update which fixes ship parts, manufacturing and more!
- Disputed Space got a teensy little patch which fixes a couple of things, and another one that makes explosions a bit better.
- Galaxy of Pen & Paper got a pretty big patch that fixed a lot of stuff.
- Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls got a patch that fixed a bunch of stuff.
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion posted a mod focus feature which shone a spotlight on the fascinating-looking Enhanced 4X Mod that I need to try.
- The Wing Commander Album is well underway, according to an update on the CIC from composer George Oldziey.
- Starway Fleet added basic targeting! OMG!
- Interstellar Rift got a teensy little patch which fixed a few things.
- Strike Squadron: Caracará got an update which hopefully improves performance.
- Astrokill got a patch which improved SteamOS and Linux support.
- Starship Theory got a patch which fixed firefighting AI.
- Children of the Galaxy has a new update that revamps the UI a bit as well as the diplomacy AI!
- Vendetta Online got a small patch which fixes station home-ing.
- Ancient Frontier has a launch trailer for y’all to gawk at.
- The developer of Stellar Monarch released their new game, Automobile Tycoon!
- Star Story: The Horizon Escape fixed a lot of localization issues in its latest patch.
- Finally, the Concept Ships blog has some fabulous art from Kung Jazz and B S.
There are also some big sales going on. Humble has a massive sale going on with way too much for me to mention, but the big deal is Distant Worlds: Universe for what might be one of the lowest prices I’ve ever seen. Steam’s Weeklong Deals also has some fun stuff, but nothing Earth-shattering. Finally, Bundle Stars is having a Microids Mega Bundle which includes the two Haegemonia titles.
That’s it! Thanks folks!
PS. Don’t forget about our 3030 Deathwar Redux contest that’s running RIGHT NOW! Go enter dammit! ;)