Haaaaaaaaaaay friends, happy hump day! We’re this much closer to the weekend, which means more games (for me, anyway)! ;) I’ve come to that point where X3: Albion Prelude is on my review list. I’ve not been a huge fan of the X games for a spell, but I’ll be giving this one a fair shake, and who knows, maybe being forced to stick with it for a spell might help endear me to it. Maybe if I approach it like Euro Truck Simulator 2 in space, I’ll have more fun with it. ;) Anyway, there’s news today, so let’s get to it!
- Dominion – Over on their Kickstarter — which I urge you to visit — there’s a new video of combat in the game, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Ring Runner – According to their Kickstarter, the game’s soundtrack is now available! YAY! You can buy it on Bandcamp for $6 if you didn’t get it through Kickstarter (which I will be, can’t wait!). So far it’s really awesome. Also, they’ll be launching a new version of their website tomorrow.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a May update incoming, but they’ve let us know through Kickstarter that they’ve opened a shop with stuff you can buy. Wheee!
- Void of Darkness – There’s some new shots of the title screen, and a new video showing off mine launchers in the game over on IndieDB, which I’ll also embed below.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s some new artwork showing off the race of Nurds (I have to say, I love it. :)
- Starsector – The dev has released several sketches of the game in progress which are fascinating to look at.
- EVE Online – A few stories here, first from The Mittani, who have word of the latest release of Retribution, as well as news of the latest Caldari offensive. VGN24/7 has coverage of the 3,000 Rifter anniversary battle we mentioned a little while back, which looks wackadoo. The article includes video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarDrive – There’s a new review on Polygon and…I’ll just leave it there…
- Star Citizen – The RSI folks apparently felt the need to clarify the whole lifetime insurance thing.
Finally, the Concept Ships blog has some lovely art from CPTXIN.
That’s it for now folks. Hope y’all are having a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/8/13: A Spritzing of News” »
News from Around the World! ;)
Hellloooo folks, and happy Friday! Sorry I missed news over the last couple of days, work totally got away from me. There’s a lot of goodness to go over, so let’s get to it and start the weekend right, shall we? :)
- StarDrive – StarDrive is alive! And by that, I mean it’s out of beta and finally in a release state on Steam…I hope. ;) It’s also 10% off until May 3rd. Stay tuned for my multi-part review soon…ish. ;)
- Star Citizen – Lots of news in this arena. First from the official site, news of their new office here in Los Angeles (yay!), part four of their writers guide is up, a look at Anvil Aerospace, an in-game news transcript on AI pilots has been released, and you can meet audio director Martin Galway (video embedded below). Elsewhere, Chris Roberts has been making the rounds, talking to The Escapist about Kickstarter and VGN24/7 on the game being on the Playstation 4.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a nice update on the new UI system.
- EVE Online – Lots of news from The Mittani, including a look from FanFest at the game’s economy as well as a word on ship rebalancing. They also have articles on cap ship rigs, another perspective on the burning of Jita as well as planetary interaction.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks are having a fighters and bombers archetype contest.
- Star Conflict – There’s some new art on the official site in the sectors and wallpapers sections.
- Star Trek Online – It’s Romulanrific over on the dev blog, with a look at Warbird singularity powers and new wallpapers of Romulan ships.
- Pytheas – First update in ages, and it’s about construction in their sandbox engine, which is pretty nifty from a technical perspective.
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new update on bartering in the game as well as a new IndieDB page for the game (though it appears broken as I write this).
- Deep Space Settlement – Speaking of IndieDB, news for this game is being moved to their IndieDB page as well.
- Space Empires IV – This game is now available on GoG for $9.99. I’d keep an eye out for a sale though, I’ve seen it as low as a dollar or two on other sites.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a nice anecdotal update on how games programmed the dev’s brain. They also have a new podcast episode for your listening pleasure.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s another dev update video which features David Braben in an AWESOME shirt. Seriously, I want one. The vid will be embedded below as well.
- Ring Runner – The box art has been released, and it’s sweeeeeeeet.
- Freeworlds – There’s a new update on their ModDB page about a refocusing of the project. Good, because I wanna play it NOW.
- SkyJacker – There’s an update on the starship constructor project on their Kickstarter, which looks awesome!
- AI War - There’s a new update entitled “Honored Bugs” that fixes some longstanding problems in the game.
- StarMade – There’s a new update that tweaks the AI.
- Expanse: First Contact – This appears to be a new game on Kickstarter which looks neat, so check it out.
And now, onto the deals, of which there are several, including:
That’s it friends!! Have a great weekend, and may it be full of awesome gaming!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 4/24-26/13: The Everybody’s Working for the Weekend Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, Expanse: First Contact, Freeworlds, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, pytheas, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, sins of a solar empire trinity, skyjacker, Space Empires IV, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, strange adventures in infinite space, Void of Darknes, weird worlds return to infinite space
Two Things I Need a LOT of Right Now…
Hey folks, happy Monday! I hope y’all had a superb weekend! There’s a TON of stuff to get through today, so we’re not gonna dilly dally, rather we’ll just get right through it:
- Endless Space – Lots of news for this one today! First, the Virtual Awakening add-on has been released, followed by the news they’ve sold 300,000 units! Wow! Then, the folks at iGameRadio have an audio review of the Mac version of the game, and finally it’s on sale on Steam as one of their week long sales.
- StarDrive – Plenty for this one too. We have previews from Space Sector and Out of Eight, as well as well as the first part of a Let’s Play video series from legendary Let’s Play creator Das24680. All videos will be embedded below, including these. Stay tuned for my preview also, which I hope to have by the end of this week or early next. ;)
- Void of Darkness – First, on our forum, the lead developer is looking for some help alpha testing the game. Then, on the game’s official site, there are some various updates concerning the game’s progress.
- Limit Theory – Josh has posted his latest update summary on the game’s forums.
- Angular Velocity – Sadly these guys lost their update server, but according to this update it’s all being sorted out.
- StarLife – We now get to find out more about the ominous Empire in the game. I wouldn’t wanna run into one in a dark alley…
- EVE Online – The official site has a new cover story that’s lengthy but looks neat based on my skimming. The Mittani have their usual slew of awesome articles, this time covering EFT tanking and the destruction of the NCDOT carrier fleet at their own hand. Wow.
- Star Citizen – Polygon has an interview with Chris Roberts about the Occulus Rift and other fun stuff. The official site has a general update with news on a new avatar, new forum and other coolness.
- Imperium Galactica Stargazer – There’s a new forum on their site with a small Q&A for y’all to read which hopefully answers some common questions about the new game.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new post on their Kickstarter discussing a new Sage’s Challenge, pendants and more!
- Retrobooster – There’s a new blog update with a video showing off a refinement of conveyor beams, among other nifty things. The demo to this was fun, by the way. ;)
- OreSome – There’s a new blog post on IndieDB discussing the possibilities surrounding multiplayer.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new update which basically includes a ton of little fixes.
Now, onto deals! There are a few besides the Endless Space one above. Here goes!
Finally, in related news, a gentleman named Joseph Ybarra — who was one of the co-founders of EA and helped produce Starflight, Alien Legacy and other spacey games — has a new planet colonization game on Kickstarter called Shackleton Crater that y’all should take a gander at.
That’s it folks! Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 3/9-11/13: A Mish Mash of Stuff” »
alien legacy, angular velocity, endless space, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gratuitous space battles, imperium galactica stargazer, limit theory, oresome, retrobooster, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, stardrive, starflight, starlife, Vendetta Online, void of darkness
Glug Glug SO MUCH NEWS Glug
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! Sorry for the severe delay in, well, nearly everything, but I’ve had a HELLUVA week. I was out of town most of the weekend and had to put in several extra hours at work so I could take some time off today, but it’s all for a good reason. ;) Now I’m back in town and kinda rested up, and there’s a TON of news to go through, so let’s get to it…
- Star Citizen – There’s an update on the Clean Shot Shipping saga, a screenshot of a base head (no, really), and a video showcasing Sandi Gardiner Cloud Imperium’s VP of Marketing, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Rogue System – There’s a new video showing off clips of combat and discussing the AI which will be embedded below. There are also updates on his Kickstarter talking about core ship systems and a new $150 tier.
- Homeworld – The teamPixel folks have no also launched a Kickstarter for their Homeworld Touch and Homeworld 3 pitches, and have video of the Touch version in action that I’ll embed below.
- Endless Space – According to their latest dev blog, the Virtual Awakening add-on will be released on March 11th. The post also has some other tibits about the expansion as well. There are also posts on new exploration events and new victory warnings.
- NASA Game Jam – According to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, the folks at NASA are a hosting a game jam this coming weekend to make games about space and science! Can’t wait to see what comes out of it. :)
- Drox Operative – There’s a new beta batch that alters Shadow cloaking, fixes bombs and other little fixes. There’s also a new review on Gaming Trend.
- Ring Runner – Sadly they didn’t win The Next Game Boss, but lead programmer Enrique Dryere thanks us for our support. There’s also a new video showing off ship customization which looks REALLY helpful to someone like me. ;) There’s also a video of an exclusive multiplayer reveal on MaskedGamer and one of the space city alpha build. These will all be embedded below. Finally there’s a preview of the game over on Indie Statik.
- Space Rangers HD – Thanks for Puce Moose on Gamers with Job for translating a Russian Tweet from the devs stating the release date for the game will be March 15th! Yay!
- Void of Darkness - There’s a new dev blog post on interface and combat notes. They also have a new combat test video, which I’ll embed below.
- Starsector – Eurogamer has a nice little preview of the game.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has a great article on revisiting bounty hunting one about loving faction war and one about music to play in the game. There’s also a new video showcasing the massive Battle of Asakai, which I’ll embed below.
- Star Conflict – The Mittani also has a review of this game, which I should actually play some more.
- AI War – The latest patch, called “Nemesis of the Dubious Honor“, deals with champion AI and other things.
- StarLife – There are new posts showcasing some music, diplomacy and a custom race screen.
- Strike Suit Zero – As I said in the most recent podcast, Born Ready Games released a massive patch that adds checkpoint saves, difficulty settings, a cockpit view and revises the targeting. I might actually play this again. ;)
- Kinetic Void – There’s a new update on their Kickstarter page showing off some of the game’s new art, which looks lovely. There’s also a development update I somehow missed. :/ Sorry folks.
- Space Explorer – The owner of the SolCommand site let us know that a user named “Leocesar” is working on a new game, which looks awesomely Homeworldesque, and you can see a video of it after the cut. ;) You can read about it also on the Unity forums. They also have some new models to be used in your upcoming space games. ;)
- StarMade – There’s a new blog post on IndieDB about preloading surrounding sectors, which sounds like an awesome idea.
- Starflight II – The CRPG Addict has begun his extensive look at the game, which I can’t wait to see more of.
- FreeOrion – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know that a new version of FreeOrion has recently been released, which improves the AI, includes many GUI enhancements and so on. There are also some YouTube vids showing off the game, the playlist to which I’ll embed below.
- Dominion – There’s a new piece of concept art on their website.
- Kerbal Space Program - There’s a new fan video showing us the story of Kerballo 13. ;) It’ll also be embedded below.
And you thought we were done?! HAH! We still have some deals to go over! These include:
ALMOST THERE. You can now but an unofficial Serenity LEGO set, which looks amazing. FINALLY, there’s an amazing article by John Shafer about how diplomacy works in his 4X game that I’d LOVE to see adapted to space 4X games.
THAT’S it. I need a drink. Or several. *collapse*
This Way for a BOATLOAD if Videos…
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, beat hazard ultra, dominion, drox operative, endless space, eve online, Homeworld, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, space explorer, Space Rangers HD A War Apart, star citizen, Star Conflict, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, starlife, starmade, starsector, strike suit zero, void of darkness
Please, Go Vote for These Guys! :)
Hey y’all, I know typically I’d include stuff like this in the daily news bits, but I was very kindly asked to push this, and the guys behind this game are so damned nice I couldn’t refuse. :) Ring Runner has advanced to the semi-finals of The Next Game Boss (yay for them!), and I’m encouraging y’all to go and VOTE FOR ‘EM so they can win, because they totally deserve it. There’s a download link on the voting page so y’all can try the game. Voting takes place from NOW to March 2nd, so go go go and vote! :) Thanks guys!
Hey lookit! Video!
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online
The News is Back in Hand…
Hey guys, I’m back, kinda! Stiilllll feeling under the weather, but decidedly more human than I have in a week. Yay! To that end, I’m gonna go over the highlights of the news from the past week because I have neither the time or the energy to list eeeeverything, and will try to resume normal news posting tomorrow. Here we go!
- Drox Operative – Apparently there’s an expansion coming! Yay! If it’s as good as Demon War was for Din’s Curse, it’s gonna be amaaaaaazing.
- Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager – This was finally and formally announced last week, and I can’t WAIT to learn more.
- Angular Velocity – This is an upcoming game similar to the classic SubSpace that I was just informed about, and it looks cool.
- Predestination – There’s a new blog entry detailing the new colony system that looks pretty cool.
- Deep Space Settlement – Over on the game’s forums there’s a detailed entry on modding.
- EVE Online – Apparently Retribution 1.1 will be deployed on February 19th. On the official site, there are blogs on upcoming ship skill changes, recruitment changes and a new story from CCP Gnauton. On The Mittani, they have news of a new Goonswarm newbie guide.
- Evochron Mercenary – There’s a new version of the game that adds lots of little enhancements and bug fixes, according to Blues.
- Spacewar! – The Verge did a great article and video on the game.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s an interview with the developer over on Kickstarter Conversations.
- Lunar Flight – There’s a new video of multiplayer being tested, which I’ll embed below.
- Wayward Terran Frontier – This is a game I was just clued in on, and you can see a recent dev video after the cut below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new Zelda parody video, at least I think that’s what it is…
- Starsector – A rare new update with lots of concept drawings of a “Hound Hangar” that look really neat.
- Vendetta Online – They now are on Steam Greenlight, so go vote for ‘em!
Finally in non-game-specific news, Star Sector has a new article focusing on empires and races in 4X games.
That’s it for now folks. Tomorrow I should be able to start covering everything again, but I wanted to get these bits out to you at least. Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!
Continue reading “Space Game News 2/5-12/13 Highlights: The Almost Human Edition…” »
angular velocity, beyond beyaan, buzz aldrin's space program manager, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, Lunar Flight, predestination, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, spacewar!, starsector, vendeta online, wayward terran frontier
Hello, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was alright, I’m not feeling awesome, and the girlfriend had a fever, so it wasn’t as awesome as it could’ve been, but we did get a lot of West Wing (girlfriend’s first runthrough) and The Wire (my first time through) in. ;) Aaaanyway, you’re not here to read me ramble (and if you are, [insert whichever diety/dieties you believe in here] help you), you’re here for NEWS, so here it is! (Remember, videos will be after the cut.)
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new video talking about large-scale AI in the game to make it more dynamic.
- EVE Online – The CCP folks are doing a mass test on Singularity this Wednesday, and whoever is involved in helping squash the bug they’re looking for will get 2 million skill points.
- StarDrive – There’s a new developer’s update over on Facebook which fixes a lot of small bugs for the latest version of the game, 0.95.
- CLR – The devs of this game wrote me and let me know, among other things, that there’s a Steam Greenlight page for the game with videos and stuff that look pretty cool! There are two videos on this one, which will be below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new update on Kickstarter about some of their community involvement as well as a sneak peak on the upcoming game update. Yo dawg, we heard you like updates…
- Stars! Nova – Was just informed of this update or remake of Stars!, which looks pretty nifty. Hasn’t been updated in ages, though. :/
- Dominion – There’s a new blog entry about a camera attachment that lets you take pictures anywhere you want in the game.
- Miner Wars 2081 – Wanna see what this game looked like back in 2001 when it was first conceived? Check out the early video. Wow.
- Rogue System - There’s a new update about their upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which should start in a bit more than a week! Yay!
- Lunar Flight – The game’s author posted a new update about the game’s future, including the addition of multiplayer. THAT’LL be fun to watch, at least. ;)
- Edge of Space – There’s a new weekly update over on the game’s forum about how the game is coming along.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new screenshot of a standalone turret, which is SO PRETTY.
- StarStrategy – Remember this one? Well he’s not updated his blog in ages, but you can now download .11 of the game over on SpaceSimCentral’s forums, as well as see some new screenshots and read the changelog on the actual blog.
- Predestination – There’s a new video of planetary colonization and such that looks really awesome. Thanks 4xgamer!
- Freespace 2 – Last but certainly not least, there’s a new version of Freespace Open over on Hard Light Productions for all you awesome folks still playing FS2. ;)
Now, in kinda related news, Chris Roberts interviewed Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games about his Wildman Kickstarter campaign in a new segment on the Star Citizen type entitled “Game Changers”. Finally, the devs of the space 4x board game Hegemonic asked me to promote the final hours of their Kickstarter campaign, so here we are. ;)
That’s it for today folks! Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading “Space Game News 2/4/13: Not That Manic a Monday” »
clr, Deep Space Settlement, dominion, eve online, freespace 2, freespace open, Lunar Flight, miner wars 2081, predestination, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, stardrive, stars! nova, starstrategy, Vendetta Online
Heeeeeey party people, how are y’all?! It’s close to the weekend! YAY! I am so looking forward to the weekend it’s silly, and I hope y’all are too. With that said, let’s dive into some news! (Remember, videos are embedded below the cut.)
- Limit Theory – There’s a new video update to show off some lovely progress of the game, and the game’s Kickstarter has some more fun tidbits besides. I want this game now kplzthnxbye. ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation for your reading pleasure.
- EVE Online – There’s a new FanFest 2013 trailer available, and The Mittani has a look at the battle of M0O-JG.
- Drox Operative – There’s a new quick look video over on Tekk’s Tavern.
- Freespace 2 – On the Hard Light Facebook page, they’ve posted about some updated campaigns that take advantage of the latest FS_Open executionable and mediavps.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new screenshot of a ship which, I think, is called the Atamal class. I lose track of the Tweet this came from so I’m not 100%. They need a blog or something…
- StarStrategy – Wow, been AGES since I’ve seen word on this one, but suddenly there are some new screenshots over on SpaceSimCentral!
- Homeworld – The folks at VentureBeat have an interview with teamPixel about their efforts to revive the game’s license.
- Star Conflict – Another update with a new PvE mission involving sabotage!
- Retrobooster – The folks at the Indie Games Channel have written some words about the game. ;)
- Gratuitous Space Battles – Jay is Games (Is he? Is he really?) has a review of the latest DLC for the game, Outcasts. I’ma gonna be working on one too my own self.
- Star Trek Online – Another day, another dev blog, this time discussing the featured embassy project.
- CLR – I just found about about this game yesterday, and you can read more about it on their IndieDB page. I’ll bring you more soon.
- Via Galactica – After what felt like a long hiatus, the game has been updated to version 1.7.3., which adds numerous bug fixes and improvements.
In the deals area, Steam is having a weekend deal on the entire AI War series for 75% off. Finally, there’s a LOVELY fighter concept painting by Numioh over at the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it folks! Remember to tune in tonight at 6 PM Pacific time, 9 PM Eastern time for a LIVE Q&A (my first ever!) with Tyler Yohe of Broken Crown Games. I should be able to embed it here, but you’ll also be able to see it on my brand-new Google+ profile page and my YouTube channel. Hope to see y’all there!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 1/31/13: Some Old Friends Return…” »
ai war fleet command, clr, drox operative, eve online, freespace 2, gratuitous space battles, Homeworld, limit theory, retrobooster, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starstrategy, via galactica
Look! It’s a Star…Map…Right? ;)
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope y’all are having a lovely week so far! There’s a goodly amount of stuff to go over today from all over the place, so let’s jump in!
- Galaxy on Fire II HD – Some sort of weeeeeeird garbled message showed up on the game’s Facebook page today, and we’re supposed to guess what it means. It BETTER mean that all the expansions are finally coming to the PC, gorrammit. ;)
- EVE Online – Coverage of the massive 3,000+ ship battle from this past weekend — which is being called the Battle of Asakai — continues both from their development blog as well as Rock, Paper Shotgun. This is one of those cases wherein, to me, EVE is more fun to read about than to play. ;) I do LOVE that the game allows this sort of thing to be possible, though. :)
- Kerbal Space Program – The folks behind the game are participating with the I Dream of Space folks to let fans have a chance to win a flight in a suborbital craft! That sounds pretty freaking awesome.
- Drifter – We have more screenshots today, this time of freaking laser beams!
- Rodina – There’s a new video of their planet generator, which is just freaking sexy. I’ll embed it below.
- Blockade Runner – Speaking of videos, these folks have a new video showing off the game’s destruction capabilities, which will also be embedded below.
- Ring Runner – Their Kickstarter has been updated with info on the 3rd Sage’s Challenge and news of crash reports.
- Star Citizen – On the official site, there’s a Murry Cup Racing release announcing the new season, and a look at Chris Roberts’ rigs.
- StarMade – There’s a new video showing off the new factions screen on their IndieDB page that I’ll embed below. There’s also a new tactical module for the game that spits out some code golbedygook. ;) Finally, there’s also a post on planet types.
- Strike Suit Zero – There’s a new review over on The Game Jar.
- Lunar Flight – There’s a new interview over on NowGamer that apparently is the result of a Reddit thread.
- Edge of Space – According to VGN247, the game is now available for pre-order, and the demo has been updated.
- Starshatter: The Gathering Storm – I should’ve caught this earlier, but the open source community for the game over on Hard Light has been making serious progress on the game, with a new .EXE and a mod that makes it a bit prettier. You can download the game and these enhancements over on the Hard Light forums.
In somewhat-related news, the DOSBox project won SourceForge’s project of the month for January, 2013! Since I rely on DOSBox to play many of the games on my list, I know they deserve any kudos they get. Next, the Concept Ships blog is toying with the idea of hoodies. On the Broken Crown Games forum, there have been several new featured guest posts that we’re all being encouraged to read. Finally, in stuff related to gaming but not space gaming, there’s a fascinatng article from the developer of an RPG called Malevolence in which he discusses his approach to Kickstarter and how he passed 500% of his goal. Since Kickstarter has been so important to the spacey game community, I was hoping folks would find it helpful. :)
That’s it for today folks! have a great one!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 1/29/13: All Over the Starmap” »
blockade runner, drifter, edge of space, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Kerbal Space Program, luna flight, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rodina, star citizen, starmade, Starshatter The Gathering Storm, strike suit zero