Hey guys, I’m back, kinda! Stiilllll feeling under the weather, but decidedly more human than I have in a week. Yay! To that end, I’m gonna go over the highlights of the news from the past week because I have neither the time or the energy to list eeeeverything, and will try to resume normal news posting tomorrow. Here we go!
- Drox Operative – Apparently there’s an expansion coming! Yay! If it’s as good as Demon War was for Din’s Curse, it’s gonna be amaaaaaazing.
- Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager – This was finally and formally announced last week, and I can’t WAIT to learn more.
- Angular Velocity – This is an upcoming game similar to the classic SubSpace that I was just informed about, and it looks cool.
- Predestination – There’s a new blog entry detailing the new colony system that looks pretty cool.
- Deep Space Settlement – Over on the game’s forums there’s a detailed entry on modding.
- EVE Online – Apparently Retribution 1.1 will be deployed on February 19th. On the official site, there are blogs on upcoming ship skill changes, recruitment changes and a new story from CCP Gnauton. On The Mittani, they have news of a new Goonswarm newbie guide.
- Evochron Mercenary – There’s a new version of the game that adds lots of little enhancements and bug fixes, according to Blues.
- Spacewar! – The Verge did a great article and video on the game.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s an interview with the developer over on Kickstarter Conversations.
- Lunar Flight – There’s a new video of multiplayer being tested, which I’ll embed below.
- Wayward Terran Frontier – This is a game I was just clued in on, and you can see a recent dev video after the cut below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new Zelda parody video, at least I think that’s what it is…
- Starsector – A rare new update with lots of concept drawings of a “Hound Hangar” that look really neat.
- Vendetta Online – They now are on Steam Greenlight, so go vote for ’em!
Finally in non-game-specific news, Star Sector has a new article focusing on empires and races in 4X games.
That’s it for now folks. Tomorrow I should be able to start covering everything again, but I wanted to get these bits out to you at least. Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!
4 thoughts on “Space Game News 2/5-12/13 Highlights: The Almost Human Edition…”
Regarding the EVE Retribution 1.1 update.
In a nutshell they are splitting Destroyer and Battlecruiser skillbooks into four racial skillbooks. So for example Battlecruise skillbook splits into Amarr, Caldari, Gallente, and Minmatar skillbooks. If you can get BC1 and the four racial Cruiser III trained before the 19th Feb you will be given the four BC skillbooks for free and trained to whatever level you had the original BC skillbook trained to.
The potential is to get up to an extra 6.5 million skillpoints of training free depending on what your current BC skill is trained at. Free = good! :)
Also it is now easier to train for an Orca and an Iteron V if you love space freighters.
Cool, thanks for the explanation!
Sorry you’re still not feeling well! Thanks for mentioning our Zelda video. It is meant to be humorous and to show off the variety and versatility of the game.
Thanks, and it was my pleasure. :)