So over on the Matrix Games forums, Director of Product Development and Business Relations for Matrix, Erik Rutins, finally gave some info on the next Distant Worlds expansion, subtitled Shadow. The post is a bit spoilery, so I’m gonna paste it beneath a cut, but you can also head over to the forum thread to read more. YAY! SO EXCITED!
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope all of our friends on the east coast of the US are okay, and that everyone affected by hurricane Sandy recovers quickly and easily. I dunno how to segue into gaming news after that, so I’ll just jump right in:
- The Star Citizen Kickstarter reached $750,000 last night, so every backer gets a AMX-1 Repair Droid in their garage. Nifty! I also forgot to post the second part of Rock, Paper Shotgun’s interview with Chris Roberts the other day, sorries. The official site also has new entries in the Cassandra’s Tears and Tales of the Crimson Kid stories.
- The Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter campaign now has a community Q&A video. I’d embed it, but it’s one of them Kickstarter vids, sorry. They’ve also announced you can customize your rewards as well, if you wish.
- The folks at Amplitude Studios have a new dev blog which gives a quick Halloween update regarding their second add-on for Endless Space.
- There’s a new “Fortress-size It” beta update for AI War which “greatly expands the module variety available to modular fortress owners in champion games”.
- Finally, in news, an EVE Online dev blog has announced the expansion of the buddy program, which looks pretty cool.
Now, we have a buncha sales today too!
- First off, Steam is having a Halloween Sale which includes a ton of games, most notably to us, the fantastic Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49.
- Then, Green Man Gaming is having a Aliens & Space Promo, which includes the following spacey deals:
- Space Empires IV Deluxe for $4.99
- Starpoint Gemini for $9.99
- Gemini Wars for $15.99
- O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base for $4.99
- Space Empires: Starfury for $4.99
- Space Pirates and Zombies for $3.73 (cheaper on Steam, I know, but I wanted to mention it anyway)
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99 (GREAT deal on a great game)
- Star Ruler for $5.99
- Stellar Impact for $4.99 (can’t recommend this one, but I wanted to mention it regardless)
- Armada 2526 Gold for $7.99
- SOL: Exodus Collector’s Edition for $5.99 (which is a pretty good value)
- Finally, the Stardock folks mentioned that Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale at a few retailers, but so far I can only find it on Gamestop for $4.98.
And finally, in non-spacey game news, the Concept Ships blog has a lovely spaceship painting by MANCHU.
That’s it for today folks, have a great day, and stay safe!
Hey y’all! I typically would say “happy Monday” here, but with a massive storm barrelling down on the east coast of the US here, I can only send my thoughts out to those affected. Stay safe people, and good luck weathering the worst of it, which is supposed to hit around now, actually. Ugh.
I have to keep on doin’ what I do though, and there’s a buncha stuff in spacey game news to discuss, so let’s get through it:
- The Kickstarter for Star Citizen had an update this weekend talking about their new stretch goals, which you can red about here (though their site appears to be down as I write this).
- The M.O.R.E. Kickstarter campaign had several updates this weekend, and was ultimately successfully funded! Yay, congrats to them!! They also had a video in there, which I’ll be embedding after the cut.
- The Ring Runner Kickstarter campaign announced they reached their first stretch goal of space cities. They also have a new demo which includes plex power ups, among other things.
- Remember the Kickstarter for FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior? Welp, they’ve launched another one with a video to boot, and they explain why here.
- In our final piece of Kickstarter related news, sadly the Nexus 2 Kickstarter wasn’t fully funded in the end. Again. Sigh.
- The folks at Topware sent out a press release stating that the launch of Iron Sky: Earth Defense has been pushed back to November 22nd.
- Over on the Beyond Beyaan blog, Brent has a blog post reminiscing about the development of the game.
- Ensign-1 has been updated to include explorable gravity wells! Cool!
- Finally, Vendetta Online has a new update which includes new rocket explosions, Android controller support and more.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great day, and again those in the path of Hurricane Sandy, best of luck to you all!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Newsiness – 10/29/12” »
So y’all might recall that my last bout with Rules of Engagement 2 was something less than a success, so watch as I return to claim vengeance upon my enemies, armed with new tactics and ideas! Also watch me curse a bit and whine like a little girl. ;) Enjoy!!
Hey y’all, happy Friday! The weekend is here, yay, and let me tell you, I plan to play a goodly amount of games to make up for the disasterbasket that was last weekend. As for newsies and dealsies, let’s jump in the deep end, shall we?
- The folks at Rock, Paper Shotgun have a VERY long interview with Chris Roberts regarding Star Citizen. I’ve not read it yet — SO LONG — but I’ve skimmed it, and it looks very cool. ;)
- Over on Kickstarter, the Strike Suit Zero folks have announced they’ve reached $75,000 in pledges so far ($79,000 as I write this) along wth a new stretch goal for Mac and Linux versions of the game at $180,000.
- In Eve Online stuff, they have news of an upcoming frigate free-for-all, as well as a new dev blog regarding new destroyers and ship balancing, with a video as well that I’ll embed after the cut.
- Space Sector has a new Indie Stellar Venture article regarding a new 4X (or 5X for eXperience?) game entitled Star Czar which looks pretty cool.
- On TwitchTV, they have multiplayer footage from a test run of 0x10c from Notch, the game’s creator. I’ll also try to embed it after the cut.
- There’s also a new movie on the Drox Operative site made for the IGF, which I’ll also embed after the cut. There’s also a new patch available with new UI elements and bug fixes.
- Finally for news, there are updates for Void Destroyer, Star Conflict and AI War.
In deals news, the folks at DotEmu are having some kinda odd Strategy First sale thingy, but it has spacey games, including:
- Space Empires: Starfury for $4
- Space Empires 4 for $4
- Darkstar One for $4, and
- O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base for $4
That’s it for today folks! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Hey y’all, happy Thursday! There’s a lot to cover today, so I’m just gonna jump right in:
- First off, early this morning, Star Citizen reached its funding goal of $2 million from combined on-site and Kickstarter crowdfunding campaigns. There’s a note from Chris Roberts himself on Kickstarter discussing the milestone of Kickstarter reaching its funding goal so quickly, as well. Finally, they have a new document outlining the specific ships, which is a cool read.
- Over on the Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter, they have a new video showing dialogue being recorded for the game.
- Finally, the Bonus Damagecast podcast has some interviews from IndieCade 2012, including the FTL devs.
Yeah, that’s it for news. I know, right? But wait, there’s more. This next section outlines some new spacey games I found on Kickstarter, so while not “news”, technically, I’m including it to raise awareness for ‘em. These include:
- Mercenary Dark – A “space action/RPG” with 26 days left at less than 1% funded.
- Mobile Bridge Project – Not a space game itself, but a mobile bridge built for use with the Artemis bridge sim. 14 days left, less than 1% funded.
- Exodus: Grand Melee – A “4x space mmorts mech combat and empire building simulation game”. That’s certainly a mouthful. 30 days left, well less than 1% funded.
Next, we have a buncha deals today too:
- The Free Taskforce, Flatspace IIk and Outliner Bundle includes the spacey game Flatspace IIk and a couple of others for just the price of the first game, $24.
- GamersGate has a smattering of spacey game deals. This includes:
- Endless Space: Admiral Edition for $20.09
- Endless Space: Emperors Edition for $23.42
- AI War Alien Bundle for $4.25
- Gemini Wars for $19.98. This matches a deal on their official site in celebration for their big upcoming update.
- AI War: Fleet Command 6.0 for $2.50
- AI War Ancient Shadows for $4.49
- AI War: Children of Neinzul for $0.50
- AI War Light Of The Spire for $1.25
- AI War: The Zenith Remnant for $1.25
- AI War / Zenith Remnant Pack for $5.98
That’s it for today y’all, have an awesome one!