I Have Yet to Find a Better Sale Graphic…
It’s that time folks: Holiday saving season! Steam has just launched their Autumn Sale today, and I’ve not yet had time to go through it, but I plan to soon, so stay tuned as I’ll likely update this post once I find stuff.
Okay, I went through all ninety-plus pages of Steam’s game list and here’s what I found:
FTL is also on sale today at GoG!
Now get out there and get saving! :)
A Sale?! A SALE! Or a Bundle, at Least…
Hey folks, the folks at Bundlestars have launched a new bundle called The Ultimate Sci-Fi Bundle which includes a mixed bag of spacey and sci-fi games, including:
- Great Games: Really Big Sky, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
- Good Games: Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
- Terrible Games: Project Freedom
- Games I’ve Not Played: Ion Assault, Data Jammers: FastForward, SpaceChem, Planets Under Attack
All that for $3.52 currently, which is a steal for the Great and Good games alone. ;) Enjoy!
All This on Sale Now!
Hey kids, Matrix Games is having their holiday sale starting today until January 14th, and the entire Distant Worlds series is on sale. This means you can get this amazing game and all its expansions for the following prices:
All told, you get this amazing game with hundreds of hours of game time for $64.96 in total, which I’ll tell y’all, is totes worth it. For serious. If you’ve been waiting for a sale to get this amazing game, DO IT NOW. ;)
Go! Buy! Save!
Hey kids, how y’all doin’? I’m chiming in to let y’all know that Amazon has started their digital holiday game sales, and you can see a massive list here. Standouts for us space fans include:
So head over there and start saving! Good luck!
NEWS TIME! EXCELLENT!
Hello everyone, and happy hump day! It’s time for another newsey digestey thingy, and there’s a good chunk of stuff to go over today, so let’s get to it!
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – Out of nowhere is new DLC today entitled, The Stellar Phenomena, which adds random events, new stars and deep space anomalies. It’s going for $4.99 on Steam right now.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – These folks not only have a new website, but new forums as well! Give ‘em a visit!
- Kerbal Space Program – The devs have released a quick list of some of the features of the next version of the game, including a science lab module, 3D mouse support and more. Das24680 also has a new Let’s Play installment looking at the new career mode, which I have to check out my own self.
- Star Citizen – There’s a post looking at the in-game Astro Armada marketing campaign, as well a gallery of the interior of the Idris corvette, which looks seeeeeeeexay. The devs also announced AMD Mantle support for the game.
- Voidnex Frontier – A admittedly long awaited update covers the game’s new graphics and combat system.
- Wing Commander – According to the CIC, the user-created Concordia hangar has been updated which now adds a Scimitar medium fighter, along with a new paint job for the Sabre. They also have some new user art to share with us.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude site has two new posts covering The Search for Auriga, one on balancing and another on a new robotic hero in the expansion.
- The Mandate – A new post over on Kickstarter covers stretch goals, PayPal and DRM among other things.
- Galactic Civilizations III – There’s new information in the game’s databanks covering the various civilizations in the game.
- SkyJacker – A new post on Kickstarter details their rise through Steam Greenlight and also includes a video of a YTG strike group.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new YouTube video showing off fog and asteroids in the game. Are you happy now Mathias?!?! ARE YOU?! ;)
- Star Conflict – The folks behind the game are looking for translators to help with the French, Spanish and German versions of the game. Do you have what it takes?
- EVE Online – The official site has a new post covering the Sisters of EVE faction ships in the upcoming expansion, Rubicon. The Mittani also has news of a civil war in the Amarr militia, and a battle report showing off bombing runs in Doril.
- Spacebase DF-9 – A new blog post discusses balance changes in the next version of the alpha game.
- Infinite Pixels – You can now pick this game up on Desura if you so desire, according to the game’s IndieDB page, which also includes a new launch trailer.
Finally, the Bundle in a Box folks have a new Indie Strategy Game Bundle which includes AI War and a bunch of other titles for a $1.99 minimum purchase, which is a good deal if you ask me.
That’s it for today folks. Have an awesome one!
You want your videos? We got your videos right here!
ai war, Deep Space Settlement, endless space, eve online, galactic civilizations iii, Infinite Pixels, Kerbal Space Program, PULSAR: Lost Colony, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, skyjacker, Spacebase DF-9, star citizen, Star Conflict, The Mandate, Voidnex Frontier, wing commander
It’s the News You Know and Love…
Hellloooo my friends, and happy Monday! It’s time for another news digest, as I’ve gotten to that point where I have enough news to make one, and am gonna make the dang time needed to write one. :) There’s plenty to go over, so let’s dive in, shall we? (Remember, all vids are embedded after the cut)
- Endless Space – According to this Tweet from the Amplitude folks, the free add-on for Disharmony, entitled The Search for Auriga, will be released on November 14th! Insert obligatory “will this add the fun?” joke here. ;) (Sorry, couldn’t resist…)
- Wing Commander – The CIC has a couple of things of note, first a look back at the series by Den of Geek, then a look at the treasures in Chris Roberts’ office. Waaaaaaaant. They also have some shots of a new 3D rendered model of the Bearcat as well as some ships from Privateer 2.
- Star Citizen – Speaking of Chris Roberts, he’s chimed in to announce the game’s recent goal of $26 million in funding, which will now allow players to choose another starting ship. On the other side of the coin, the folks at Stick and Rudder wonder what might happen if the game fails. Back on the official site, there’s a new lore builder talking about racing, more details on the updated Hornet, a wacky new episode of The Wingman’s Hangar and finally, the full announcement for The Next Great Starship contest. Wheeew, that was a mouthful, huh?
- Eterium – There are some new details for the Sagaris medium fighter available.
- Galaxial – We finally have a new dev update, this time looking at some improved ship graphics. When can we play this again? ;)
- Vendetta Online – The most recent patch includes a new variant to the Vulture, custom names for cap ships and more.
- SkyJacker – There are a couple of new updates showing off details and free flight videos (which will be below as well) of the YTG Bomber and YTG Herald for your viewing enjoyment.
- EVE Online – The official site has a community spotlight on Agony Unleashed, a corp offering PVP classes, which is pretty cool of them.
- The Mandate – There’s a new video over at Viddler showing off a panel about the game at the recent MCM Comic Con late last month.
- Predestination – Hot on the heels of the recent combat beta, the planetary beta has now been released into the grubby paws of testers, myself included. Really need to try this…
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is here, with news of new campaigns, some features for the next release of FSO and more!
- Astrobase Command – There’s a new pictoral training montage on the game’s blog. I’m liking the look of this thing.
- Limit Theory – The latest development video has been posted which looks as sexy as ever.
- Sea of Stars – The folks behind this game have also posted their latest dev video, which looks fantastic.
- Star Wars Squadrons – Apparently this is a successor to TIE Fighter that I only just recently heard of, and it apparently works with the Oculus Rift. Wowie!
In somewhat relevant news, the Escapist has an odd list of the eight best giant video game spaceships. Then, reader Stephen Cameron sent in a video of his own procedural starship creator, similar to the one I posted the other day, which looks damned cool and runs in C I believe.
Finally, in deals, GamersGate is having a Stardock midweek sale with all the usual suspects present.
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 11/4/13: Lots of Meat on the Bone Today…” »
Astrobase Command, endless space, endless space disharmony, endless space: the search for auriga, Eterium, eve online, freespace open, galaxial, limit theory, predestination, Privateer 2: The Darkening, Sea of Stars, skyjacker, star citizen, Star Wars Squadrons, star wars: tie fighter, The Mandate, Vendetta Online, wing commander
Go! Buy! Save!
Hey folks, I’m still mired in work and such, but I wanted to let y’all know of some deals going on at the moment covering some spacey game goodness.
First, Steam’s weeklong deals include the following:
- AI War Collection for $4.24 (AMAZING deal right there, seriously, best I’ve ever seen for all this specific content) as well as the base game and individual DLC being 75% off apiece
- Space Empires Collection for $4.99 which includes both IV and V, which are also 75% off apiece. Personally I’d say go for IV and skip V, but maybe you’re a completest like me, I dunno. ;)
Then, GetGames is having an Indie Carnival, and apparently the discount gets deeper the more games you add to the cart. The spacey games they have include (and remember, these prices I believe change if you add more to the cart):
That’s it for now folks. I’ll be getting back on the update horse soonish, but until then, happy gaming. :)
Run Around Them Rings!
Hey folks, how are ya? I’m mired in work on my end, but I wanted to take a little break and let y’all know that the fun top-down space shooter Ring Runner is on sale for the next three days on IndieGameStand for $1 at minimum. If you pay $1.71 (as I write this), you’ll also get HD backgrounds, a Ring Runner novel and the soundtrack (which is really good). I’ve been playing this one as I have time, and I’m really digging it, so snag this game while you can. Enjoy!
A Little Bit of This…A Little Bit of That…
Hello folks, and happy Friday! The weekend is FINALLY here, and my GOD do I need it because I am soooo freaking tired. This week has kicked my ass, and I don’t even know why. Hopefully getting plenty of rest and gaming time this weekend will help. What are y’all up to this weekend, and what are y’all playing? It’s a light news day, so let’s get to it…
Finally, we have one deal from GOG. This weekend they’re having an Exciting EA Exclusives sale, and almost all the Wing Commander games (save the recently released Academy) are on sale.
That’s it folks, have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 10/11/13: Friday Light Edition” »
It Just Keeps Stacking Up…
Hey folks, how are y’all! I hope y’all are having a fabulous day! I’m still half asleep my own self, but I’m getting by. Thankfully I have some time and energy to do news today, so let’s hop to it:
- Star Citizen – Later today, at 6:30 PM Central Time, there will be a livestream of Citizen Con from Austin, Texas, in which Chris Roberts and his team will lay out what’s been done for the game and what’s coming next. I hope they archive it because I’ll be in my car at that point. ;)
- Space Rangers HD – The release date for this exciting new installment in the beloved Space Rangers series is due next week, on 10/17, and you can read all about it on Blue’s since I can’t link to the actual press release on Games Press (which is behind a login wall). Can’t wait!
- Elite: Dangerous – According to a story on Develop, this game will be getting Oculus Rift support! Man I’m gonna need to get me one of these…
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – The devs have added a new $40 reward tier that gets you an art book and the opportunity to name a random galaxy.
- The Mandate – Via a Kickstarter update, the devs have created a page on the dynamics of crewmanship and a page on the game’s music. They also now have forums for you to use.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new dev blog detailing some features in the latest version of the game such as an improved H.U.D. and matchmaking balancing. The game will also be streamed on DigestNet tomorrow at 21:00 Moscow time.
- Wayward: Terran Frontier – The official site has a teensy tiny little status update.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new patch on the way, and you can read all about it on their Facebook page.
- X Rebirth – Now on Steam, you can order the collector’s edition of the game along with the regular version. The collector’s edition includes two soundtracks, and video and other bonuses.
- Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager – There’s a beefy dev update on the Matrix forums with lots of awesome info.
- Wing Commander – The Concordia Hangar that Howard Day has been working on now also has a Sabre fighter. It’s pretty awesome, so check it out!
- Star Trek Online – There’s another dev blog on the Avenger-class cruiser, which is now for sale apparently.
- EVE Online – CCP is now offering their own new player training sessions, which is damned awesome of them. The Mittani also has word of FIVE supercarriers going down within a couple of days. Craaaaaaazy.
- Escaping Titan – The Broken Crown folks have a new website, go check it out!
- Star Strike – This wasn’t a computer game, per se, but Old Game Magazines has an awesome old ad for it nonetheless.
Now there is one deal today. StarDrive is Steam’s daily deal, going for $10.19. While many, including myself, feel the game is still incomplete, the developer apparently feels it can “can stand on its own two legs” according to this interview, and is already eying moving onto another game in the series, so whether this is a deal is up to you. ;)
That’s it for today folks, have a good one!
buzz aldrin's space program manager, elite: dangerous, escaping titan, eve online, PULSAR: Lost Colony, Ring Runner, Space Rangers HD, star citizen, Star Conflict, Star Strike, star trek online, stardrive, The Mandate, wayward terran frontier, wing commander, x rebirth