Busy Times are the Best Times – Daily Dispatch for 10/18/18
Hello friends, and happy Thursday! I gotta tell y’all, I am super tired today, so I’m not gonna ramble much here today if y’all don’t mind. Much of the meat here will be the news, of which there are over twenty things I have saved since JUST YESTERDAY. What a time to be alive, huh? :) Who’da thunk that we’d be so rich with space games just a few years ago? Not me, that’s for sure.
This was the last video I recorded this past weekend (when I usually do all my recording), so it’s also the last video that’s 1080p. I thought I’d changed the correct setting in OBS Studio, but clearly I hadn’t. TOMORROW’S video will be in full 1440p glory, thanks to my new and wonderful monitor. As for this entry, I was able to bring enough resources to get my second ship THAT much closer to being built. I also discovered a new sector, which is so valuable in this game. I’m super close, as I write this, to getting my freighter, as you’ll see tomorrow, so I can’t wait to embark on that new facet of the game. I love this game, you guys.
- Executive Assault 2 is live on Steam in early access as of today! We’ll be streaming some multiplayer tonight too! Can’t wait!
- Star Singularity is now out on Steam early access! I’ve got to play a bit of it and it is SO fun. So far at least. ;)
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis is out today as well, and there’s a new Spacedock video to accompany it.
- Gears of Eden has a lovingly long post about the road to alpha 2.
- Stellaris has a dev diary about technologies in its latest big update, called Le Guin, as well as an announcement on its upcoming console version.
- Endless Space 2 has some behind the scenes stuff about their next expansion, Umbral Choir.
- AI War 2 has a post up talking about the game, what’s different from the first and so on. They also have a patch with some bug fixes.
- ΔV: Rings of Saturn now has a demo and a Steam page up!
- Hyperspace Delivery Service has a new patch which adds new events and fixes some minor bugs.
- Starblast is having an Alpha Centauri Wars weekend event.
- Spacebourne got a patch which hopefully fixes some freezing issues.
- Beat Hazard 2 has a new patch which adds some quality of life features.
- The developer of Helium Rain wrote a lengthy Twitter thread about the abuse of game keys. It’s worth a read.
- Green Man Gaming is having a Paradox weekend sale with all the usual suspects.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Helium Rain – As mentioned above, I recorded a bit more of this, which you’ll see tomorrow. It’s such a good game y’all.
- Objects in Space – I didn’t play this but I SO WANTED TO. I’m trying not to though, as I don’t wanna get all powerful and stuff then get wiped again before release.
That’s it for today y’all! See you tonight on the stream!