Another Week Gone – Daily Dispatch for 10/5/18
OMG Friday is here you guys OMG. I am so, so tired. I started a new fitness challenge this month: four times a week on the elliptical for thirty minutes each. I’ve found that doing it in the morning is best for me, so I’ve not only gotten up SUPER early multiple days this week — earlier than usual — I’ve kicked my own ass on the elliptical. I did it though, but wow, so tired. Looking forward to the weekend though. Tomorrow we’re having a movie day party, and then Sunday should be my gaming/recording day! Yay!
GOD this game is boring. Like, SO BORING. Oh no, the red empire is coming for me. WHAT SHALL I DO? Move that one fleet for one turn and NOTHING ELSE? Great, thanks game. Yeah, I’m not a big fan of this one. It’s not BAD, it’s just not for me. Some other folks might like it, but I dunno, if you want an actual FUN 3X game, try The Viceroy maybe.
God Deep Rock Galactic gets more fun the more we play it. The 3D map they added is AMAZING not only for immersion but for usability, plus the caverns they’ve made are just gorgeous. It’s hard to believe they’re procedurally generated. They also seem to have made the game more difficult, as we only completed one out of, I think, four runs last night. We had a great time though, so there’s that. Y’all need to get this game folks, it’s SO GOOD.
- SpaceBourne is out in early access today! I can’t wait to try it!
- Galactic Shipwright left early access today, which was something of a surprise!
- Fleet Star V is an upcoming spacey fleet combat game I discovered yesterday.
- Xenia’s Ark is another upcoming space game, this time what looks to be a detailed 4X.
- Space Raiders RPG is another game I discovered that looks…I’m not sure yet.
- Cosmoteer has a Steam page now! Go wishlist it!
- No Man’s Sky has a new development update showing off a new motorcycle thingy and more.
- Star Traders: Frontiers now has two new starting professions, diplomat and assassin!
- Beat Hazard 2 got a patch that fixes issues with their open mic mode.
- War Tech Fighters got a small quality of life patch.
- Star Trek Online now has moved red alerts to special weekend events, apparently.
- AI War 2 got a new patch and a trailer!
- None! What? I know!
What I’ve Been Playing
- Objects in Space – Dove back into this to see how the latest patches are coming along. Man this is gonna be an AMAZING game once its done. I’ve not been toying with it because saves get wiped a LOT, but it’s really, really coming along nicely.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great weekend!