Still the Best Graphic for the Job…
Hey kids, just chiming in to let you know of some spacey game sale goodness to help you get through your weekend. :) First off, GamersGate is having a
Stardock Space Battle Weekend which includes sales on everything Galactic Civilizations and Sins of a Solar Empire related. Then, IndieGameStand is having a massive weekend sale on tons of games, which includes spacey goodness such as:
Some decent stuff, to be sure! Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
Likes ( 3) Dislikes ( 0)
Yup, It’s a Ship…
, the next game from Keen Software (who you may remember from Space Engineers ) has been released unto Miner Wars 2081 Steam’s early access program for $14.99. If y’all buy it, let us know what you think it the comments. Enjoy!
Edit: Okay, I have to admit, I approached this release feeling a tad concerned, since the persistent sandbox MMO promised for Miner Wars that many people — including myself — paid for in advance hasn’t seen the light of day. Well, according to this FAQ, development of Space Engineers is intertwined with the development of the MMO, which apparently is still planned for release at some point in the far future. I’m not sure if it makes me feel any less concerned, but at least the issue has been addressed a bit, so I wanted to share that in the interest of full honesty and disclosure on my part. Likes ( 4) Dislikes ( 3)
Save Your Moneys!
Hey guys! I’m still chipping away at that massive news post I keep promising with now about three weeks of news (around 150 items currently) backlogged, but some sales hit today that I wanted to make y’all aware of. First, Amazon is having a massive
Last Summer Deals sale which includes some spacey goodness such as:
Steam is also having an unexpected sale, this time to
celebrate one year of Steam Greenlight. Spacey game deals include:
If someone was to ask me what the best deals here were, I’d say
X3: Gold in the Amazon sale (since it also includes Alnion Prelude, which is pretty decent) and Ring Runner. On Steam, though there’s not much of a game there yet, Kinetic Void has a ton of potential, so it’s a small price to pay for what hopefully will be a great game. Enjoy!
Edit: This just dropped as I wrote this post, but there’s a massive Paradox Humble Weekly Bundle that, white at its base doesn’t include any space games, if you pay $125 you get nearly fifty Paradox games which includes Sword of the Stars II. I’ll likely get the smaller bundle just for the soundtracks alone my own self, but wow, overall that’s a damned fine deal. Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
Armada 2526, Armada 2526 Supernova, Dark Star One, galactic dream, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, o.r.b., Ring Runner, Space Empires 5, star ruler, stardrive, stellar impact, Sword of the Stars II, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, x3 terran conflict, X: Beyond the Frontier
PILE ON THE NEWS!
Helllooooo my friends, and happy Friday! I hope y’all had a great week and are looking forward to a fantastic weekend! I know I’m gonna get some gaming time in my own self, finally, so I’m really looking forward to it my own self. Until then, there’s some news to get out of the way, including some biggies, such as…
– OMG, the game popped up on X Rebirth Steam (with a release date of 11/15/13!), and along with a new trailer, there’s a new video on the controls in the game, both of which will be embedded below. Yay!
– A Distant Worlds: Shadows massive new patch for the game has been released that, among other things, adds empire corruption to the pirate empires! SWEET!
– Speaking of patches, there’s a Drox Operative new beta patch for this game as well, and it adds stuff like station-specific quests! Nifty! There’s also a new interview with developer Steven Peeler over on Game Wisdom.
– A buncha news for this game today, including the release of Star Citizen part five of A Separate Law, a fan spotlight covering comics and fiction and an interview with environment artist David Opreska, which I’ll embed below as well.
– According to an update on their Kickstarter, Strike Suit Zero final versions of both the Mac and Linux versions of the game have been released. Wooohoo!
– A Endless Space new beta patch has been released which does various stuff.
– Over on The Mittani, after an EVE Online update on the ongoing Providence War, news came down that the war has ended in a cease fire. There’s also news that TEST’s capital ship fleet was destroyed by Black Leigon. Wow, lots of drama in there. Beyond the drama, there’s also a spotlight article on hisec mercenaries.
– This game was announced in the latest round of Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches games to be greenlit on Steam! Congrats to the developers!
– After a long quiet period, the devs are back with an update that FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior they’ll be showing off the game at PAX Prime 2013. Dang, wish I was going!
– Over on YouTube, user malkuth1974 has a Horizon new Let’s Play video of the game in action, which reminds me that I need to return to it soon. This will also be embedded below.
– The Star Conflict devs are running a comic contest where one can win in-game currency, and also information on their Teamspeak server for anyone who needs it.
– The Star Trek Online latest is up looking at a dilithium mine project. They’ll also be having a Legacy of Romulus dev blog Summer giveaway next week wherein you can get items in the C-Store. Wheee!
– There are some Starsector cool animated GIFs of the game in action over on the game’s forum.
– Gamasutra has posted a Miner Wars 2081 postmortem on the game by developer Marek Rosa.
– Rock, Paper Shotgun has a Wayward Terran Frontier lovely little writeup of the game, of which you can learn more about on their official site.
– I have never heard of this game before, but it just Universal Civilization popped up on Desura. I have no idea if it’s final or in development, but I’ll likely give it a look soon.
– Apparently the And Here the Wheel first draft of this ! Elite: Dangerous novel is done
We’re not done yet folks, we have deals! First up, Gamestop is having a
Stardock Entertainment sale which includes deals on all of their games including the usual spacey subjects (I’m low on time and you know who I mean ;). Then, both (and its associated DLC) and Strike Suit Zero are on sale on Steam. Strike Suit Infinity
Next, in kinda-related news, Camel101 — the folks who made
Gemini Wars — launched their Kickstarter for their new non-spacey tactical game, Black Talons. Finally, in not-at-all-related news, the dev for the currently Kickstarting game , which is some sort of mobile puzzle game, wrote me a really nice email asking me to promote his game, so there ya go. Smart Q45
That’s it folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
Distant Worlds: Shadows, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior, gemini wars, horizon, miner wars 2081, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starsector, Strike Suit Infinity, strike suit zero, Universal Civilization, Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches, wayward terran frontier, x rebirth
SO MANY NEWSIDEALSNESS!
Hellllllloooo my friends, and happy Friday! The weekend is FINALLY upon us! YES! Sorry about the lack of news for the past couple of days, there was some other stuff I needed to get done first before this, so I hope y’all don’t mind. :) Even though my time has been consumed with
Distant Worlds: Shadows, I’ve still managed to fit in some X3: Albion Prelude, so I’ll have something on that early next week. I also hope to tackle some more TIE Fighter this weekend as well. But enough about me, there’s a LOT of newsiness to talk about!!!
– Speaking of which, that crazy cat Das24680 has Distant Worlds: Shadows three new videos of him playing the game. THREE. I wish I had his dedication/energy. YouTube user quill18 also has a Let’s Try video of him playing the game. These’ll all be embedded below too.
– Several articles today, first from the official site, including a EVE Online look at the next decade and an article on the Crossing Zebras podcast. Then, The Mittani has an article on introducing kids to the game, as well as reduced clone costs in . Odyssey
– Thanks to Infinite Pixels Rock, Paper Shotgun for making us aware of this “ voxel space exploration game“. Oh look, there’s a trailer as well! :)
– We have a two new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entries, one on the Star Trek Online Klingon Defence Force, and one on the Numbus adventure zone.
– There’s a Gimbal new expansion for the game that adds new game modes, new parts, new maps and more. Looks like now’d be a good time to try it, huh? ;) I got a copy last year and it sadly fell through the cracks during my nutty Summer. I should rectify that problem…
– There’s also a new expansion pack coming for this game next month called “ Star Sonata 2 ” that which adds restructured content and other stuff. Subspace Assault
– The devs have posted the Aeon Command first part of the game’s post mortem, which makes for great reading.
– There’s a Rogue System new dev diary entry over on the game’s forums.
– There’s also a Predestination new April dev update for this game on the game’s official site (which REALLY needs an RSS feed, dangit). ;)
– There’s a new video up Star Citizen interviewing customer support guru Brittany Godfrey, who we’ve likely all dealt with at least once. ;) The video will also be embedded below. There’s also an update showing storyboards of the planet Stanton Landing, a new writer’s guide installment, and a fan focus video which I’ll embed below.
– There’s a X3: Albion Prelude big new 3.0 patch for the game that adds new plots, mission types, controller support and so on. A small hotfix was shortly released afterwards to fix some savegame issues. ;) Looks awesome, I can try my new 360 gamepad with it. ;)
– There’s a new update looking at their Strike Suit Zero Oculus Rift support, which I sadly can’t embed (silly Kickstarter vids).
– They have a Void of Darkness new website with more information on the game for y’all to check out. :)
– The Lunar Flight multiplayer beta is now available on Steam for PC players!
– There’s a Epic Space Game new version of the game which includes an official Mac client, an improved H.U.D. and more!
Now we have deals!!! First, I suppose to celebrate the release of its major 3.0 patch as noted above, some of the X games are on sale at a few places, such as:
Next in deals, Amazon is having a HUGE
Digital Games Mayhem sale, yet it only includes a few space games (of which are of questionable quality, but I mention ‘em regardless), such as:
Finally in deals, we have some randoms, such as
(which I still need to play) for $5.00 on Green Man Gaming and Dawnstar for…whatever you want on IndieGameStand. Unstoppable Gorg
Finally in related stuff, the folks at the amazing Three Moves Ahead podcast had a
great podcast on 4X games.
That’s it!! WHEW! Have a great weekend everyone.
Continue reading Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
Aeon Command, Danwstar, Distant Worlds: Shadows, epic space game, eve online, gimbal, Infinite Pixels, Lunar Flight, Master of Orion III, miner wars 2081, predestination, rogue system, space trader, star citizen, star sonata 2, star trek online, star wars: tie fighter, strike suit zero, Unstoppable Gorg, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, x3 terran conflict
SO MUCH NEWSINESS!
Helllloooo everyone! SOOO SORRY I’ve been lax on posting the news, but I’ve been just SO busy and SO tired I’ve barely had a break for anything else. In fact, that TIE Fighter video below was pretty much all I’ve had energy for recently until now, thankfully. I’m finally feeling more awake and human, and need to get both you folks AND myself informed as to the latest spacey gamey stuff going on, so let’s dive in, it’s pretty deep.
– The Escaping Titan Kickstarter for the , and has a very modest funding fee which will, I believe, help fund the game itself. I know I’m kicking to it, are you? ;) These guys will also be on the next episode of the podcast, so stay tuned! Escaping Titan rulebook collection has launched
– This awesome, AWESOME game is Weird Worlds now on Steam! YAY! Go get it! :)
– Got word today that Horizon Iceberg Interactive will be publishing this game! Congrats to them!
– Lots of updates here. First, Gamasutra has an Star Citizen interview with Chris Roberts on his crowdfunding successes. Gameinformer also has an intterview with the main man. Then, the official site has some Terra concept art, a new issue of “ The Lost Generation“, a fan spotlight on ship designs, and a video with lead artist Mark Skelton, which will be below.
– Thanks to Demorve on Quarter to Three for pointing this out to me. Over on I.O.U: Isle of Universe Steam Greenlight, there’s an interesting looking game called I.O.U: Isle of Universe which I’d never heard of before, but looks nifty as heck, so I’ma keep an eye out on it. :) You can see a video of the game in action after the cut.
– The CRPG Addict has Starflight II posted several entries covering his look at the game, which are all fantastic reads as usual. :) If you’ve not played this, they’re VERY spoilery, FYI, so proceed with caution.
– Holy crap, lots of articles on this one. The official site has stories on EVE Online The Angel Project and a dev blog on the war on bots. The Mittani has a look at the novel, The Burning Life two articles on the use of carriers, and various articles covering the TEST Alliance, EVE University’s head resigning, incoming planetary ownership in Dust, Li3 Alliance having its wallet stolen, a look at the revised Black Ops system, and a look at the old Naglfar cap ship. Whew!
– The Mittani also has an article on Star Conflict getting started in the game. There’s also a small Q&A on the official site.
– Polygon has a FTL lovely little story about the background of the game and its success.
– Kerbal Space Program Version 0.19 has been released which includes Linux support, atmospheric effects, new parts and a lot more. I need to make another video of this ASAP.
– There’s a new update entitled “ AI War Core Foamhammer” which adds new versions of eighteen ships.
– There’s a Beyond Beyaan new update on wormholes and starlanes for y’all to read.
– Rob over on One Guy, Too Many Games has Distant Worlds reviewed the game and found it didn’t click with him, sadly.
– According to a Star Lords Tweet from the game’s developer, you can now get Alpha 3.0 at the official site.
– There’s a Limit Theory new progress update over on the the game’s forum which, as always, is a great read.
– To help make up for my own lack of a preview (SORRY, been so busy), I present to you this StarDrive comical Let’s Play forum series.
– There’s are a couple of Angular Velocity progress updates as well as a new video, which will be under the cut below.
– The lead developer is StarStrategy looking for help with some graphics for the game. There’s also a new screenshot, new video, and some progress updates.
– There’s a new Void of Darkness call for alpha testers, and a new video to gawk at as well!
– There’s a Miner Wars 2081 new update for the game which apparently includes the source code!
– Thanks to Wild Bill for sending these in! :) There’s a new Elite: Dangerous progress update video up on Kickstarter.
– Wow, twice in as many weeks with a new update, this time talking about Infinity the possibility of a Kickstarter and other fun stuff.
– There’s a new race reveal! Meet the Sauros! Aren’t they ADORABLE? ;) Predestination
– This is a Galactic Reign new game that looks like a fun space conquest game, but is only available on Windows 8 and Windows Phone, so I likely won’t be playing it. Sighs. Thanks VGN247!
– JUST UNDER THE WIRE. Just as I was about to post this story, I saw there’s a Drox Operative new patch for the game which adds…new colors on some ships…oh, and a bug.
Next up, SolCommand has some lovely models for your game creation usage, this time of a
Giza Pyramid ship, a Dyn shield emitter, a Kurat Command Ship and some futuristic towers. Finally (OMG I KNOW), the Concept Ships blog has lovely art from rd7, Colin Foran and Jon McCoy.
WHEW! I need a nap! Have a good one folks, and I’ll try to make these more regular in the coming week, but don’t be surprised if I miss a day or two, as I’m just swamped. :/ Thanks for visiting and reading, as always, and have a great day!
Continue reading Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
ai war fleet command, angular velocity, beyond beyaan, distant worlds, drox operative, elite: dangerous, escaping titan, eve online, FTL, Galactic Reign, horizon, I.O.U: Isle of Universe, infinity, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, miner wars 2081, predestination, star citizen, Star Conflict, star lords, stardrive, starflight 2, starstrategy, void of darkness, weird worlds return to infinite space
Glug Glug SO MUCH NEWS Glug
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! Sorry for the severe delay in, well, nearly everything, but I’ve had a HELLUVA week. I was out of town most of the weekend and had to put in several extra hours at work so I could take some time off today, but it’s all for a good reason. ;) Now I’m back in town and kinda rested up, and there’s a TON of news to go through, so let’s get to it…
– There’s an Star Citizen update on the Clean Shot Shipping saga, a screenshot of a base head (no, really), and a video showcasing Sandi Gardiner Cloud Imperium’s VP of Marketing, which I’ll embed below the cut.
– There’s a Rogue System new video showing off clips of combat and discussing the AI which will be embedded below. There are also updates on his Kickstarter talking about core ship systems and a new $150 tier.
– The teamPixel folks have no also launched a Homeworld Kickstarter for their Homeworld Touch and Homeworld 3 pitches, and have video of the Touch version in action that I’ll embed below.
– According to their latest dev blog, Endless Space the . The post also has some other tibits about the expansion as well. There are also posts on Virtual Awakening add-on will be released on March 11th new exploration events and new victory warnings.
NASA Game Jam – According to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, the folks at NASA are a hosting a game jam this coming weekend to make games about space and science! Can’t wait to see what comes out of it. :)
– There’s a Drox Operative new beta batch that alters Shadow cloaking, fixes bombs and other little fixes. There’s also a new review on Gaming Trend.
– Sadly they didn’t win The Next Game Boss, but Ring Runner lead programmer Enrique Dryere thanks us for our support. There’s also a new video showing off ship customization which looks REALLY helpful to someone like me. ;) There’s also a video of an exclusive multiplayer reveal on MaskedGamer and one of the space city alpha build. These will all be embedded below. Finally there’s a preview of the game over on Indie Statik.
– Thanks for Puce Moose on Gamers with Job for translating a Russian Tweet from the devs stating Space Rangers HD the release date for the game will be March 15th! Yay!
- There’s a new Void of Darkness dev blog post on interface and combat notes. They also have a new combat test video, which I’ll embed below.
– Eurogamer has a Starsector nice little preview of the game.
– The Mittani has a EVE Online great article on revisiting bounty hunting one about loving faction war and one about music to play in the game. There’s also a new video showcasing the massive Battle of Asakai, which I’ll embed below.
– The Mittani also has a Star Conflict review of this game, which I should actually play some more.
– The latest patch, called “ AI War Nemesis of the Dubious Honor“, deals with champion AI and other things.
– There are new posts showcasing some music, diplomacy and a custom race screen. StarLife
– As I said in the most recent podcast, Born Ready Games Strike Suit Zero released a massive patch that adds checkpoint saves, difficulty settings, a cockpit view and revises the targeting. I might actually play this again. ;)
– There’s a new update on their Kickstarter page Kinetic Void showing off some of the game’s new art, which looks lovely. There’s also a development update I somehow missed. :/ Sorry folks.
– The owner of the SolCommand site let us know that a user named “Leocesar” is Space Explorer working on a new game, which looks awesomely Homeworldesque, and you can see a video of it after the cut. ;) You can read about it also on the Unity forums. They also have some new models to be used in your upcoming space games. ;)
– There’s a new blog post on IndieDB about StarMade preloading surrounding sectors, which sounds like an awesome idea.
– The CRPG Addict has begun his Starflight II extensive look at the game, which I can’t wait to see more of.
– Thanks to FreeOrion Free Gamer for letting us know that a new version of FreeOrion has recently been released, which improves the AI, includes many GUI enhancements and so on. There are also some YouTube vids showing off the game, the playlist to which I’ll embed below.
– There’s a new piece of concept art on their website. Dominion
- There’s a new fan video showing us Kerbal Space Program the story of Kerballo 13. ;) It’ll also be embedded below.
And you thought we were done?! HAH! We still have some deals to go over! These include:
ALMOST THERE. You can now but an
unofficial , which looks amazing. FINALLY, there’s an amazing article by John Shafer about Serenity LEGO set how diplomacy works in his 4X game that I’d LOVE to see adapted to space 4X games.
THAT’S it. I need a drink. Or several. *collapse*
Continue reading Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, beat hazard, Dominium, drox operative, endless space, eve online, Homeworld, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, space explorer, Space Rangers HD A War Apart, star citizen, Star Conflict, starflight 2, starlife, starmade, starsector, strike suit zero, void of darkness
SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, had a dentist appointment and no time to put into this, sadly. Fun times! This mean I have news from today, yesterday and the weekend to cover, so let’s dive in!
– There’s a Endless Space new screenshot of a new Automaton hero, Mizn Ora-Yur, from the upcoming Virtual Awakening expansion. I love the look of it.
– The Mittani has some great EVE-based articles such as EVE Online the sin of sloth in the game, news on a new battle of U930, a look at the sovereignty system, some unrest in the Li3 federation and finally, an interview with the folks behind the EVE documentary called “ A Tale of Internet Spaceships“,
– Speaking of The Mittani, they Freespace 2 take at look at the BEST SPACE COMBAT SIM EVER in their Nostalgia files.
– There’s a new update entitled, “ Star Citizen Information as Currency; the Rise of the InfoAgent” which talks about this career path.
– There’s a SlipSpace new dev video on their Kickstarter page that I sadly can’t embed, but it looks nifty!
– FlightSim.com has a Rogue System nice little blurb about the game. Michael also posted some thoughts on Kickstarter and a small article on how hardcore the game is. Finally, there’s a new startup video, which I’ll embed below.
– There’s both a StarMade quick status update that followed the release of a new test build for folks to try, including me. ;)
– Beyond Beyaan Spider! (He is our hero) Also, the Kickstarter has less than a day left, so if you wanna kick in, now’s the time. :)
– The StarLife devs have set up a new forum for y’all to chat about the game.
– There’s a small update covering a Star Trek Online possible roleplaying code of conduct. They also have Friday screenshots, as well as a new starship spotlight video, which I’ll embed below.
– According to a tweet on their Twitter feed, Miner Wars 2081 the devs have begun work on modding support, as well as releasing “99% of the game source code”. I wonder what that other 1% would be…
– StarStrategy More screenshots of things going pew pew!
– Maurice — you know, one of the gentlement I just Rules of Engagement 2 interviewed about the game — posted an old review of the game from OMNI magazine that’s a real treat to read.
– The folks at TechZwn (odd name) have a ZigFrak review of the game for y’all to enjoy.
– There’s a Deep Space Settlement cool new screenshot over on yfrog.
– There’s a Galaxial new dev blog entry covering colony management that looks pretty awesome.
– There are some Drox Operatove new tweets teasing features in the upcoming expansion.
– Thanks to Space Nerds in Space Free Gamer for letting us know about this upcoming starship bridge simulator inspired by Artemis.
– Universal Gaming Reviews has a Sword of the Stars II review and giveaway of the game.
– Speaking of giveaways, Strike Suit Zero Space Sector is having one for this game.
– There’s a new post Epic Space Game detailing the latest changes to the game.
– There’s a Star Command new update apologizing for their lack of updates and then giving a small update on their Kickstarter.
– The dad at Dad’s Gaming Addiction did an Longshot article on the game.
– Now that their latest game is released, Arcen can now return to AI War patching this one. ;)
– This is a Void of Darkness new sent into me by reader John, so thanks John! Starflight-inspired game
– Podcast Partner Jim sent over Wing Commander this awesome video of a hard-rock cover of the game’s theme. This will totally be embedded below the cut.
Next up, sales, and there’s a good chunk of stuff! Steam is having
several midweek sales, which includes the following:
Finally, related news! First, since we cover older games here, I though that a new version of the Amiga emulator
WinUAE being released was somewhat relevant, thanks to Indie Retro News for the update. Next, I missed this somehow but Artem Bank — the gentleman who composed the amazing music for — has two new bits of music out, “ Star Ruler Facebook 5” and “ Natural” which sound great. Finally, the Concept Ships blog has fantastic ships from Joseph Cross and a gorgeous orbiter concept from Rasmus Poulsen.
That’s it folks! WHEW! Thanks for visiting, and enjoy!
Continue reading Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, endless space, epic space game, eve online, freespace, galaxial, gemini wars, longshot, miner wars 2081, rogue system, Rules of Engagement 2, slipspace, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, space nerds in space, star citizen, Star Command, star ruler, star trek online, starlife, starmade, starstrategy, stellar impact, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, void of darkness, wing commander, zigfrak
Hello, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was alright, I’m not feeling awesome, and the girlfriend had a fever, so it wasn’t as awesome as it could’ve been, but we did get a lot of West Wing (girlfriend’s first runthrough) and The Wire (my first time through) in. ;) Aaaanyway, you’re not here to read me ramble (and if you are, [insert whichever diety/dieties you believe in here] help you), you’re here for NEWS, so here it is! (Remember, videos will be after the cut.)
– There’s a Vendetta Online new video talking about large-scale AI in the game to make it more dynamic.
– The CCP folks are doing a EVE Online mass test on Singularity this Wednesday, and whoever is involved in helping squash the bug they’re looking for will get 2 million skill points.
– There’s a StarDrive new developer’s update over on Facebook which fixes a lot of small bugs for the latest version of the game, 0.95.
– The devs of this game wrote me and let me know, among other things, that there’s a CLR Steam Greenlight page for the game with videos and stuff that look pretty cool! There are two videos on this one, which will be below.
Ring Runner – There’s a new update on Kickstarter about some of their community involvement as well as a sneak peak on the upcoming game update. Yo dawg, we heard you like updates…
– Was just informed of Stars! Nova this update or remake of , which looks pretty nifty. Hasn’t been updated in ages, though. :/ Stars!
– There’s a new blog entry about a camera attachment that lets you take pictures anywhere you want in the game. Dominion
– Wanna see what this game looked like back in 2001 when it was first conceived? Miner Wars 2081 Check out the early video. Wow.
- There’s a Rogue System new update about their upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which should start in a bit more than a week! Yay!
– The game’s author posted a Lunar Flight new update about the game’s future, including the addition of multiplayer. THAT’LL be fun to watch, at least. ;) Edge of Space – There’s a
new weekly update over on the game’s forum about how the game is coming along.
– There’s a Deep Space Settlement new screenshot of a standalone turret, which is SO PRETTY.
– Remember this one? Well he’s not updated his blog in ages, but you can now StarStrategy download .11 of the game over on SpaceSimCentral’s forums, as well as see some new screenshots and read the changelog on the actual blog.
– There’s a Predestination new video of planetary colonization and such that looks really awesome. Thanks 4xgamer!
– Last but certainly not least, there’s a Freespace 2 new version of Freespace Open over on Hard Light Productions for all you awesome folks still playing FS2. ;)
Now, in kinda related news,
Chris Roberts interviewed Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games about his Wildman Kickstarter campaign in a new segment on the Star Citizen type entitled “Game Changers”. Finally, the devs of the space 4x board game Hegemonic asked me to promote the final hours of their Kickstarter campaign, so here we are. ;)
That’s it for today folks! Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!
Continue reading Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
clr, Deep Space Settlement, Dominium, eve online, freespace 2, freespace open, Lunar Flight, miner wars 2081, predestination, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, stardrive, stars! nova, starstrategy, Vendetta Online
So. Much. News!
Haaaaay everyone, happy Monday! Also, in the U.S., let’s take a moment to remember the amazing man that was Martin Luther King Jr., for I know I wish he was still here with us. In happier news, it’s my staycation! WOOOOO! Sorry I didn’t post on Friday, but I had a CRAPTON of stuff I had to do that day before leaving work, so this is a catch up edition of the news, and there’s aplenty of it, so let’s get started!
I just wanna help push the latest
, as it has four days left and I’d REALLY like ‘em to meet their goal this time. ;) You can also read Skyjacker kickstarter little article Rock, Paper Shotgun wrote up on ‘em, as well as my Q&A with the devs from way back. Please give if you can. :) The
to help fund the creation of an iPad version of the game as well as the latest major revision to the existing game. Speaking of the existing game, there’s Vendetta Online folks have launched their own Kickstarter a new update with a bunch of fixes. According to a post on the
Kinetic Void Kickstarter page, the Kinetic Void folks are planning for the first alpha to be available hopefully around mid-February, with a beta to follow in April. Yay!!! In a press release, the
Miner Wars 2081 folks have detailed a new patch which adds an offline mode, a cheat mode and numerous bug fixes. They also have a lengthy topic on the new patch over on Steam which goes into more detail. The
Galaxial blog has a huge new update talking about color variations for asteroids and sectors, railguns and optimizations to their rendering. Thanks to 4xgamer for pointing out that there’s
a new available for your downloading pleasure. Dunno how I missed that. Star Lords alpha I also don’t know how I missed
a new patch for , but thankfully Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space Blue’s News didn’t. ;) I thought I was on these people’s email lists or something. ;) There’s a new update on the
StarMade blog talking about its new faction system. There’s some
lovely new wallpaper for y’all to download over on the Star Conflict site. They also have a new patch which improves corporations. The
folks have Ring Runner added Tom Servo of Mystery Science 3000 to their payroll, apparently. ;) The folks at TruePCGaming have posted
their review of (which I’ll be getting to this week I SWEAR). ;) Drox Operative Over on their forums, the Amplitude folks have posted
where multiplayer stands in . Endless Space The folks at IGN have a
Let’s Try Video of , which I’ll embed after the cut. Zigfrak There’s a new
update for on the official site (you just download the whole kit and kaboodle and install it over your existing installation, FYI), which apparently Evochron Mercenary helps with frame rate issues and a bunch of other stuff. The IndieDB page for
has OreSome a list of the latest patches, as well as news of a preview over on Dad’s Gaming Addiction. A new
deb blog EVE Online talks about the new duelng feature. There’s
a new story series called “The Lost Generation” over on the Star Citizen website, and the first issue just launched. There’s a new update on the
Star Command Kickstarter talking about why the gamehas been delayed. According to a new post on the
SlipSpace Kickstarter, the game will now support the GameStick thingy. Over on
Twitter, Celsius Game Studios has a new screenshot of an Egret in for us to gawk at. Drifter Finally in spacey gaming news, there are some
new concept art shots of over on the game’s forum. Edge of Space
There’s also some non-direct space gaming news from folks related to space gaming, such as:
That’s it! Thanks for your time and patience folks, and have an awesome day. :)
Likes ( 0) Dislikes ( 0)
drifter, drox operative, edge of space, endless space, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, gratuitous space battles, Homeworld, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, skyjacker, slipspace, star citizen, Star Command, Star Conflict, star lords, starmade, strike suit zero, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online, weird worlds return to infinite space, zigfrak