Spacey Snippets – 12/16/11
Talk about busy! I love the holiday season, but dang if they don’t wreak havoc on the blogging. That being said, lots of stuff has happened! So let’s get to it!
- Kerbal Space Program has been updated to version 0.13 today. I’ve yet to try this one, but I hear it’s awesome.
- Star Wars Galaxies ended today, according to Rock, Paper Shotgun. Never got around to playing that one at all.
- The folks at EVE Online have deployed two patches for their Crucible expansion, 1.01 and 1.02, in the last couple of weeks.
- Space Sector has some new screenshots of Legends of Pegasus which look pretty cool.
- The folks behind Miner Wars: 2081 are launching an affiliate program to help get the game promoted.
- Distant Worlds: Legends has received both a new update and a modding guide, which you can find on the game’s download page.
- A new trailer was released for Stellar Impact, which got coverage both on Rock, Paper Shotgun and Space Sector.
- The folks behind Lunar Flight — a game I plan to try quite soon — has released a beta trailer for version 2.0, which looks great.
- The Starfarer blog has been updated with a picture of ships under consideration, which look pretty awesome.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has a neat article about a free-to-play MMO called Pirate Galaxy, which looks pretty cool.
- The Star Supremacy ship design contest has ended, and you can see the winners in this forum thread.
- The FAQ/a> for Star Conflict has been updated with lots of new information.
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has been updated with several new posts, including posts on equipment selection, the design screen, and equipment selection again.
- Space Sector has a neat article entitled Starships Combat Conundrums – Realism vs. Simplification that’s worth a read.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has an interview with the development team of Pioneer, an Elite clone that’s in development.
- There’s a new version of the Artemis Starship Bridge Simulator out that adds several new features.
- Space Sim Central has an article on Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn showing off some new videos.
Whew! That’s a lot of newsy news! Have a great weekend and a happy, safe holiday season!