MOAR NEWS FOR YOU!
Hello my friends, and happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are more awake than I am! SOOO TIRED! However, there’s news to report, and I’m trying to do this at least regularly enough that nothing gets missed, so let’s do this thing called news!
- Star Citizen – Tomorrow, 10/10/13, is the one year anniversary of the announcement of this game, so the RSI folks will have a celebratory livestream tomorrow, as well as a sale on some ships (ouch, my wallet!), but they’re also running a photo contest. They also passed the $21 million mark, which allows for salvage operations, something I am VERY excited about. There is also a Showdown news update and a guide to the Ellis system.
- Tactical Space Command – This Mac/iOS-only game is very much akin to “Harpoon in space”, as the developer who emailed me to let me know if its existence calls it. It’s pretty cool, so check it out.
- Voindex Frontier – Here’s another game that’s new-to-me, as it were. Looks pretty cool. :)
- SkyJacker – These folks have now launched their fourth Kickstarter campaign, so let’s hope this time they succeed!
- Epic Space Game – Their Kickstarter succeeded!!! YAY! Congrats to Edward and his team!
- Lunar Flight – The official site has an update on the upcoming Oculus Rift build for y’all to gawk at.
- FTL – Over on Quarter to Three, they’re running Starship Week, and there’s a new entry looking at this game and it’s impact (don’t worry, I have some stuff over there too I’ll link to separately).
- Kerbal Space Program – A new edition of KSP Weekly is up, and word that the long-awaited 0.22 version has entered the experimental phase, which brings it that much closer to release.
- Privateer 2 – Some enterprising fans of the game have released a patch which fixes some issues with the GOG version of the game, such as the interlaced video and such. I tried it but it made my joystick go all kerbibble, so I might go without.
- Drox Operative – A new beta patch for the game fixes memory leaks and a host of other issues.
- 90Edges Universe – The official blog has a progress update on how the game is coming along.
- X-Wing – The Old Game Magazines site has an image of an original ad for the game from 1993! Cool! Certainly brings back memories, it does.
- Wing Commander – From the CIC, we get word of both a Hellcat modeled into Wing Commander Academy and a 3D model of good old Bluehair from the first two games.
- Galactose – The official site has word of a new character outline.
- Star Trek Online – We have a couple of blog entries from the developers to look at, one on comm arrays and another on the Avenger-class cruiser (which is a damned sexy ship).
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Apparently they’re getting a 12v12 online space combat arena thingy. Whoopie.
Next up, we have several sales, including:
- First up, Groupees is having a 1C Mega Bundle, in which you can buy two or more games for a SONG, and they include all three Star Wolves games as well as Parkan II, so jump on this as they’re all awesome.
- Speaking of Star Wolves, the Indie Gala Store is having a bundle of all three games for $4.99, but the Groupees bundle is still cheaper.
- Bundle Stars is having a great Quickfire Indie Bundle which includes Space Pirates and Zombies for $3.49, which is a decent deal for the other games you also get as well.
- Finally, FireFlower games is having a Sci-Fi Sale which includes games such as Ring Runner, The Tomorrow War and, again, all Star Wolves games. The prices aren’t the greatest though, but I wanted to make y’all aware of it regardless.
Finally, in related news, the aforementioned Not on Steam Sale is over, but apparently it has a huge success. Also, the latest game from those hardworking folks at Arcen Games, Bionic Dues, is now available.
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!
90Edges Universe, drox operative, epic space game, FTL, Kerbal Space Program, Lunar Flight, Parkan II, Privateer 2, Ring Runner, skyjacker, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, star wolves, Tactical Space Command, the tomorrow war, Voindex Frontier, wing commander, x-wing
Some Good Stuff This Weekend…
Hey guys, just chiming in real quick to let’cha know about some spacey sales going on. First, this week’s Humble Weekly Sale is pretty much every X game…ever. Seriously, all of them, for the current rate of $6. For this you also get some soundtracks, which is overall an amazing deal. The other deal is that GamersGate is having an Arcen Weekend, which includes AI War and all of its expansions. Don’t forget also the aforementioned Wing Commander Sale on GOG. Happy saving! :)
Edit: Thanks to Zeraan for also chiming in letting me know that part of Steam’s Talk Like a Pirate Day Sale includes Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49. Thanks mate!
Remember This Nightmare? ;)
Hey folks, welcome back to the Space Game Junkie podcast! After a short break, Jim brings on one of his oldest friends, Mike, to talk about the joy of old games and the fun involved in getting them to run on newer hardware. We also go all over the place, as per usual. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us via RSS or iTunes. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #26: Old Men Talking Old Games” »
0x10c, Artemis, conquest frontier wars, darkstar one, distant worlds, Emperor of the Fading Suns, endless space, Eterium, freelancer, Hardwar, Independence War, quintet, Ring Runner, Rules of Engagement 2, Space, space pirates and zombies, space rogue, Star Trek: Starfleet Command, star wars: tie fighter, starflight, starlancer, Stars!, tachyon the fringe, Wings of Saint Nezaire, x rebirth, X-Tension, x3 albion prelude
C’mere Buddy, I Need to Get Back on You! ;)
Hellllloooooooooo my beloved friends, how are you? I hope y’all are having an excellent hump day so far. On my end, I’ve not played much lately, but I did see Pacific Rim again last night, which was awesomely exhausting. If y’all haven’t seen it, you NEED to, especially on as big as screen as possible. We’re not here to talk movies, though (unless it’s Pacific Rim talk, then CHAT AWAY), but videyagames, so let’s get to it!
- Atari Properties – The big news on the minds of spacey gamers is where Atari’s various properties have landed. According to these court documents (thanks Goomich!), Wargaming is the new owner of the Master of Orion IP, while Stardock now owns the Star Control IP. You can read more on The Escapist and IncGamers about the Star Control acquisition, and there’s a post from Stardock’s Brad Wardell about the acquisition. Thanks to Blues for the links. I’m honestly not entirely sure how to feel about this news, but it’s too early to decide whether this is a good or bad thing. Stardock has said they want to start work on a Star Control reboot this year, but will it be the same? I mean, we already have the Ur-Quan Masters after all. I guess we’ll see what happens in time. What do you guys think?
- Homeworld – Over on Polygon, the Gearbox folks go into detail on how they aquired the Homeworld IP from THQ in their bankruptcy auctions.
- Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager – Last week I went to Slitherine and Matrix Games’ presentation at Historicon, which included a lot of info about this game. I’ll be writing my own report soon, but they’ve also posted their presentation as well, along with a video from Buzz Aldrin himself, who sadly had to cancel his appearance at the event. Lots of good stuff in there.
- Ring Runner – IGN has released a Let’s Try video of them playing the game, which I’ll also embed below. I’m currently working on a review of this one, so stay tuned.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new galactic guide to Hurston Dynamics to add some more in-universe flavor.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new version of the game that adds high-res planets, procedural nebula backgrounds and more. They also have added Oculus Rift support to the game.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new blog post detailing some new demo races and more race information in the game for y’all to read.
- Galactose – You can now read about cruiser parts and debris in their latest blog post.
- Star Conflict – A new update entitled “New Frontiers” adds T5 level ships, new hangers and a new PvE mission.
- AI War – The latest update, entitled “More Dirty Tricks“, allows you to play some new tricks on the AI.
- Star Trek Online – There are two new entries in their Legacy of Romulus series, and they’ve also had visits from Massively and Priority One.
- Endless Space – The folks over at CheatMasters have a review of the Disharmony expansion pack, which I say with no further comment. ;)
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new video of a station tower in the game which I’m posting only because I wanna stop being nagged about it. ;) (Not really, it looks cool, but still…) I’ll also embed the video below.
In deals, there’s another bundle to tell ya about, the Summertide Bundle from Indie Gala which includes the fantastic Space Pirates and Zombies and a ton of other games for $6.42 currently, which is a steal people.
Finally, in related news, the folks at Camel 101 — who made the fun, if flawed Gemini Wars — are making a new tactical combat game called Black Talons, and sent over a teaser trailer for y’all to check out.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great one! :)
Continue reading “Spacey Game Newsies and Dealsies 7/24/13: Getting-Back-On-The-Horse Edition” »
ai war, beyond beyaan, buzz aldrin's space program manager, Deep Space Settlement, endless space, Galactose, gemini wars, Homeworld, master of orion, Ring Runner, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star control, star trek online, Ur-Quan Masters, Vendetta Online
Freaking Yay! News!
Hellllooooo friends, and happy Friday! What a freaking WEEK this has been, so busy and full of stuff, yet I am so, SO thrilled its over. I’ll likely not get any gaming time this weekend since I’ll be in San Diego for a Transformers convention (yeah, I’m one of THOSE people ;), but I’ve gotten some good gaming in lately, what about you guys? We have some fun news and deals to finish off the week, so let’s dive in!
- Star Citizen – There’s a live stream thingy going on RIGHT NOW, and as part of that, they’ve revealed new stretch goals, a new Avenger fighter and a new website! If you have an account on the site, head over there ASAP to migrate your account from the old site to the new one. Man, the 300i is still for sale. Speaking of ships, each one costs $35,000 or more to produce, according VGN24/7. Wheeee!
- Ring Runner – According to a press release, the game will be available finally on July 9th! Yay! If you’ve don’t know why I’m excited, check out our podcast with the lead dev. :)
- Retrobooster – Terry, the lead programmer, wrote in to mention that tomorrow there’s going to be this day-long thingy called The Greenlight Supershow which showcases several games that are on greenlight including this one, Syder Arcade and GoD Factory: Wingmen. Check it out if you can, Retrobooster will be on at 10:30 PM, Syder Arcade will be on at 11:30 AM, and GoD Factory: Wingmen will be on at 5:30 PM, all Eastern time. If I was gonna be at home tomorrow, I’d totally tune in, but alas…
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Speaking of this game, the Penny Arcade Report has an article looking at the dev team behind the game.
- Outer Wilds – Thanks to Therlun over on Broken Forum for the lead on this one. It looks like a space exploration game, but the twist is that the universe resets every 20 minutes except for your character. Love that, so I have to try it, as do you all, since y’all can download it. ;)
- Enemy Starfighter – New update, yay! This one includes some screenshots of the game’s terrain generator. Waaaaant.
- Dominium – Their blog has a lengthy post on weapons which looks like a great read.
- Star Trek Online – The latest Summer Event is now live, and focuses on the newly-released Risian resort island. Man, Risa is always trouble, I’d stay away…
- Galactose – Seems like they took our advice and posted an update! This time we get to see new art! Yay!
- Freespace Open – The folks at Hard Light are having a modding contest, and they’ve now opened it to first-time modders, so go check it out!
That’s not all folks, we have some deals on Steam today, which include:
- Space Pirates and Zombies can be played for FREE this weekend on Steam, and is freaking 80% off at only $1.99. If you’ve not played this gem of a game, GO AND DO SO NOW.
- Endless Space is having a weekend deal in Steam, and you can get the base game for $10.19 and with the new Disharmony expansion for $17.49.
- StarDrive is the daily deal on Steam today, and you can get it for 50% off at $14.99.
In related news, Space Sector has an article on the technology behind making a 4X game. Then, Brent of Beyond Beyaan fame wrote in to let us know thats some folks at American Southern University have launched the “Save Atari” project which strives to raise money through IndieGoGo to acquire the various properties on sale from Atari through it’s bankruptcy proceedings. It’ll be interesting to keep an eye on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related stuff, the dev behind the Race to Mars Kickstarter wrote in and asked me to help pimp their project, so there ya go. ;)
That’s it folks. Have an awesome weekend! :)
beyond beyaan, Dominium, endless space, enemy starfighter, freespace open, GoD Factory: Wingmen, Outer Wilds, retrobooster, Ring Runner, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, syder arcade
Welllllllcome to episode #16 of the Space Game Junkie podcast. This week, Jim and I have no guest and the baaaaarest thread of a topic. This results in what has to be the most random, off-topic podcast we’ve done yet. I mean what other space game podcast (is there one?) talks about space pirates, Marvel Heroes, Squirrel Girl, being renamed Paul and so on? I blame the fatigue my own self. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
We would love it if y’all would chime in about your stories of being a pirate in space games, because honestly that career path doesn’t much fit us, you know? :) We look forward to your stories, as well as your comments, below, and invite you to subscribe to us if you’ve not already. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #16: Pirates, Pauls and Squirrels Oh My!” »
black market, Distant Worlds: Shadows, drifter, elite, enemy starfighter, Eterium, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, freelancer, independence war 2, Jumpgate, Kerbal Space Program, Pirate Galaxy, Space Pirates, space pirates and zombies, Space Rangers 2, space rogue, space trader, star citizen, star trek online, star trek: starfleet command: orion pirates, star wars galaxies, Starshatter, Trade Wars, Treasure Planet: Battle of Procyon, Void Destroyer, Wing Commander: Privateer, x3 albion prelude
Drowning Under the Tide of News…
Hellloooooo everyone, and happy Friday! This was a really nutty week for me, hence the lack of news until today! I’ve got a WEEK’S worth of stuff to get through, so let’s DO THIS! ;)
(Sorry if the news pieces appear a bit disjointed, I had to go through between seventy to eighty news pieces out of order ;)
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – The game came out yesterday, and there’s already a new patch to fix some crashing problems that users have found since release. Das24680 also has five new videos of the game showing off more gameplay. Youtube user Pewpewchewchew also has a Let’s Play video of his own. These will all be embedded below.
- SkyJacker – There’s some new photos over on their facebook showing off the disassembly of a Shaarkarians mothership. They also have dissasembly videos of a Shaarkarians mothership, a Rak-Tak-Bashogee battleship and a Rak-Tak-Bashogee cruiser.
- Star Citizen – We have some new wallpapers showing off the planet Tyrol, part 8 of the writer’s guide, a Congress Now news update, a sneak peak at the hanger module and an interview with network and server programmer Tom Sawyer (embedded below as well). They also just announced an upcoming livingstreaming event in late June. Finally, Forbes did a video interview with Chris Roberts, which is also embedded below.
- Retrobooster – The developer recorded a video demo for the folks at IGN, which I can’t embed. The demo is a ton of fun, by the by. ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – Version 0.20 of the game has been released and adds things like chairs and other parts! Yay chairs! ;) There’s also a new merchandise store! I want a mug.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new fiction diary entry over on their Kickstarter, and the video will be embedded below. Thanks to Wild Bill for the tip!
- Drox Operative – In the midst of making an expansion, Steven has released a beta patch for the game. This new patch has a ton of little fixes.
- Star Trek Online – The new Legacy of Romulus expansion went live yesterday! Yay! There’s also a dev blog on Dilithium 101.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has word of a super-cap and dreadnaught battle in Venal and a brawl in Delve, both of which sound expensive. There’s also a video and interview regarding Campigenus, a twenty-four minute fan movie you can see here (and embedded below), and a report of the battle of T-8UOF.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch that adds a practice mode and a new sector, among other things.
- AI War – A new patch entitled, “Tumbleweeds In The Stars“, adds a new minor faction in preparation for the next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Thanks to IndieGames.com for making me aware of this multiplayer battle arena space game that just launched a Kickstarter. Looks nifty.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a new Kickstarter update showing off how the game is coming along, as well as a new teaser trailer, which will be embedded below.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new version of the game that adds awards and medals, jackets, new console commands and more.
- Aeon Command – Part 2 of the dev’s post mortem is now up.
- Lunar Flight – The multiplayer update — which includes a ton of stuff — is now up on Steam. I totally need to revisit this game.
- Strike Suit Zero – The mod dev tool called XedMod is now available, as well as some mods for the game. I can’t embed the video, however. :/ The Heroes of the Fleet DLC is also out now.
- 90Edges Universe – I was contacted by the dev of this project to let me know it exists. :) (I LOVE that, by the way.) It’s very early right now, but it looks like a neat open universey buildy thing. Check it out.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new dev post every day on their forums, if you’ve not checked it out recently.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new alpha trailer over on their IndieDB page, which I’ll also be embedded below. There are also posts on planets and co-op gameplay.
- Star Made – There’s been so much new news since my last update, including a new webserver, several new builds and more, that I’ll just direct you to their news page if you don’t mind. ;)
- Dominium – There’s a new video on their Kickstarter showing off some combat that sadly I can’t embed. It looks fun though. :)
- Void Space – I found this Kickstarter about a space mining simulator? Space AND mining? I love both of those things! Sold! (Maybe, if he updates his campaign at all, which he hasn’t yet, and that is a pet peeve of mine. TALK TO US DAMN YOU! ;)
- StarDrive – Some more reviews from CalmDownTom, Pure News and DMJared on YouTube. (Embedded below).
OH MY GOD that was a lot. But wait, we also have DEALS! Besides the two mentioned yesterday, we also have the following:
FINALLY, we’re done. That took FOREVER to put together, but I love y’all, so y’all are worth it. ;) Have a great weekend!
Videos Right This Way!
90Edges Universe, Aeon Command, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, epic space game, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gemini wars, GoD Factory: Wingmen, gratuitous space battles, Infinite Pixels, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, Lunar Flight, retrobooster, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, skyjacker, space pirates and zombies, Spaceforce: Rogue Universe, star citizen, Star Conflict, star made, star ruler, star trek online, stardrive, starlight inception, strike suit zero, Void Space, x3 reunion, zigfrak
Yes, You Read Right. News. ;)
Helllooooooooo my good friends. How are y’all doin’? Sorry about missing posting the news yesterday, just been a bit crazy around here, but good! Spent time with both X3: Albion Prelude and Distant Worlds: Shadows, so expect stuff on that soon (once I have time to actually write it up), and recorded a podcast to talk about Dominium, which you’ll hear soon. Now, onto the news!
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – OMG, apparently we can talk about it now. How do I know this? ;) There’s a new preview from Space Sector, as well as several new videos from Das24680 (LOVE that guy) showing off the game (which will also be embedded below). I’ve been able to dive in myself recently, so I’ll have my preview up within the next couple of days, as it comes out next week!!!
- EVE Online – Lots of news for this game. First, from the official site, we have dev blogs on hacking in Odyssey as well as planetary conquest changes. From The Mittani, we have more articles covering Odyssey, namely naval battleship rebalancing, dual character training and exploration, as well as a storyline primer for May, 2013.
- Dominium – This game used to be called Dominion, it’s been renamed after getting a C&D from another game of the same name, and is now called Dominium. Other updates cover DRM (or lack thereof), a new station, the Pengari 40 race, and another concept ship. Stay tuned for our podcast with the lead dev soon. :)
- StarDrive – Holy hell, it’s a deluge of reviews!! We have ‘em from IncGamers, BagoGames, Gamespot Australia, IGN, The Tech Scoop, SnackBar Games, VGU, The Page of Reviews, GameInformer, Press2Reset,Overclocker’s Club and GamersGlobal (in German). Wheeeeew, I’m out of virtual breath.
- Star Citizen – A bevy of recent updates, including part six of their writer’s guide, concept art of the planet Armitage, analysys of a Vanduul warship, an in-game ad for the Omni-Bel Ship Dealership and an update to the user support system. Away from the main site, we have two videos of Chris Roberts playing with the Razer Edge, a hotspot video and a full-length video, both of which will be embedded below. Don’t why the different names, they’re both around eight minutes in length.
- Star Trek Online – There have been three new updates discussing the Legacy of Romulus expansion. The first covers Romulan Warbirds stats, the second looks at warp cores, and the final at console set bonuses. Whatever that means. ;)
- Strike Suit Infinity – There’s a new review up from IncGamers.
- Void of Darkness – Two new videos, showing all weapons and one showing cluster bombs. Both with also be embedded below.
- Quintet – Their Android Kickstarter made its goal, so it’ll be coming to Android! Woohoo!
- Artemis – In similar news, this bridge simulation software IS now available for Android. Woohoo! ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new progress update that talks about how…progress on the game is going. ;)
- Retrobooster – There’s a new updated demo out with a bunch of new bug fixes. I really need to give this a whirl again, now that I have a gamepad. :)
- AI War – There’s a new update entitled “So I Rewired It” which contains work going into the next major revision of the game, version 7.0. They’re calling it a “foundational upheavel”.
- Icarus Ascends – These guys have their own website now! Yay!
- Galaxial – There’s a new update on ship fitting, which looks nifty.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode up by the author of the official novel of Elite: Dangerous. Check it out.
Whew, that’s a heckuva lot of news, but we’re not done! We also have DEALS!
- The folks behind Show me The Games are having a huge sale, which you go to their site and get codes for discounts. This includes:
- As part of a larger Deep Silver Sale, you can get these games on Green Man Gaming for a discount (the deals aren’t available in my region, so I apologize, but I can’t see the prices):
- Green Man Gaming also has an EVE Online starter pack for $4.99
Finally, in unrelated news, the Kickstarter for CDF Ghostship has begun. The dev is a really nice guy who frequents our forums, so I wanted to do him a solid. ;)
Thanks for reading guys and gals, and have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 5/10-14/13: The Very, Very Late Edition” »
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, Artemis, beat hazard, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, elite: dangerous, Evochron Mercenary, Icarus Ascends, quintet, retrobooster, smugglers v, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, Strike Suit Infinity, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude
SO MUCH NEWSINESS!
Helllllloooooo my wonderful awesome friends! I’m back! I think! *checks* Yes, I’m back! Sorry for the lack of news posts, got surprisingly busy all over the place and just didn’t have the time. I do now though, yay! There’s a lot to go over, so let’s dive in, it’s all warm and stuff! ;)
- EVE Online – On the official site, they have a video of true stories from the first decade of the game (which will be embdedded below). The Mittani has articles on cruise missile fixes, mission fixes and news about an alliance slapfight.
- Drox Operative – The big news is MOD TOOLS! Yay! There’s also a new patch that fixes trade requests and other things.
- StarMade – Several updates include news on server crashes, a custom docking area, wedge shapes, faction options and other bugfixes.
- Star Conflict – There are updates on new gold standards as well as a new combat specialization.
- Star Citizen – There’s new art of the 300i fighter, which is alovely. There’s also a naming system poll, a spotlight on fan RADD and a new update to their writer’s guide.
- Voidnex – Thanks to reader Goomich for pointing out this new game to me. Looks nifty!
- StarDrive – The good folks at RTS Guru have written a preview of the game.
- FTL – You can now buy FTL-themed merchandise, such as a Kestrel hoodie or a pirate t-shirt. I so want the hoodie. There’s also an interview with the devs over on PixelJudge.
- Solar War – There’s a new version of the game available, which adds support for more factions, event chains and even more.
- Freespace Port – Version 3.4 of the port of Descent: Freespace to the Freespace 2 engine has been released! Go git it!
- Rogue System – Their new website has a chart that shows the progress of the game, which is awesome to see. I want it now though. ;)
- Infinite Space 3 – On their Kickstarter, they’ve announced a soundtrack as well as stretch goals! Go check it out and kick ‘em something!
- Mok Force – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for writing about this neat-looking shmup.
- Homeworld 2 Complex – The latest version of this extensive mod has been released on ModDB. You can see a trailer of it in action below.
- Neptune’s Pride II – Thanks again to Rock, Paper Shotgun for letting us know about a new version of this popular browser-based space conquest game.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks need help to save the Sowers.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new build which adds event handling and a new UI, among other things. The game also has its own cursor now, as well as velociraptors. ;)
- Stars of Call – According to a post on our very own forum, there’s a new version of this nifty Naev total conversion.
- Infinity – There’s a HUGE update on planetary engine improvements, which looks FANTASTIC. Can they FINALLY release this thing please? ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – As reported by Eurogamer, there was some confusion and outcry over the notion of paid expansions for the game. This was thankfully dealt with by a post from the devs on their blog.
- Void of Darkness – The dev has begun writing the dialog for all the alien races, apparently.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entry to read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode for y’all to listen to. :)
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new Fiction Diary for the game on YouTube, as well as embedded below.
- Galactic Patrol 2013 – There’s a new Kickstarter for this game that has the blessings of the original Galactic Patrol folks. Go check it out.
- Joystick Required – This was a space game news site run by a Jumpgate colleague of mine back in the day, and it’s back, so go check it out and say hello!
- Strike Vector – This is spacey enough to warrant inclusion. Just go watch this trailer. Seriously, watch it.
- AI War – There’s a new patch called “Nebulous Diligence” which works to improve the AI.
We’re not done yet folks! We have DEALS too!! Let’s do this!
- Space Pirates and Zombies is on sale at GMG for $5.08
- Beat Hazard EVERYTHING is part of the latest Indie Gala weekly bundle, and you can get all of it f or $1.87, which is a FREAKING steal people.
- Gamestop is having a spring sale on everything Stardock, which includes:
- AI War is also part of a Steam weeklong sale, in which everything is 75% off.
- There’s also an IndieFort Spring Bundle which has both AI War and Zigfrak for $7.99.
FINALLY, the folks at Arcen games (who made the aforementioned AI War) have announced a new game called Skyward Collapse, which looks awesome.
That’s it! Have a great day folks!
Get’cher Videos Right Here…
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, beat hazard, beyond beyaan, Descent: Freespace, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, freespace 2, FTL, Galactic Civilizations I, galactic civilizations ii, galactic patrol 2013, homeworld 2, Infinite Space 3, infinity, Kerbal Space Program, mok force, neptune's pride ii, rogue system, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, solar war, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, stars of call, strike vector, void of darkness, voidnex, zigfrak
Hey y’all, happy Friday! Sorry I didn’t post any news yesterday, t’was a crazy day at work and I just sadly didn’t have time, but now I’m back to help close the week out with some spacey game news, so let’s get to it! Remember, all videos that I can embed will be included after the cut. :)
Now, in the deals column, Steam is having a Linux gaming sale this weekend, and it includes FTL for $4.99 and Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49, which are awesome prices if you don’t already have these.
Finally, over on the Concept Ships blog, there are some amazing designs by Mack Sztaba.
That’s it folks, have a fabulous weekend! :)
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/14-15/13: Wrapping Up the Week” »
drox operative, elite: dangerous, eve online, FTL, rogue system, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, star wars starfighter, stardrive