Yes, You Read Right. News. ;)
Helllooooooooo my good friends. How are y’all doin’? Sorry about missing posting the news yesterday, just been a bit crazy around here, but good! Spent time with both X3: Albion Prelude and Distant Worlds: Shadows, so expect stuff on that soon (once I have time to actually write it up), and recorded a podcast to talk about Dominium, which you’ll hear soon. Now, onto the news!
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – OMG, apparently we can talk about it now. How do I know this? ;) There’s a new preview from Space Sector, as well as several new videos from Das24680 (LOVE that guy) showing off the game (which will also be embedded below). I’ve been able to dive in myself recently, so I’ll have my preview up within the next couple of days, as it comes out next week!!!
- EVE Online – Lots of news for this game. First, from the official site, we have dev blogs on hacking in Odyssey as well as planetary conquest changes. From The Mittani, we have more articles covering Odyssey, namely naval battleship rebalancing, dual character training and exploration, as well as a storyline primer for May, 2013.
- Dominium – This game used to be called Dominion, it’s been renamed after getting a C&D from another game of the same name, and is now called Dominium. Other updates cover DRM (or lack thereof), a new station, the Pengari 40 race, and another concept ship. Stay tuned for our podcast with the lead dev soon. :)
- StarDrive – Holy hell, it’s a deluge of reviews!! We have ‘em from IncGamers, BagoGames, Gamespot Australia, IGN, The Tech Scoop, SnackBar Games, VGU, The Page of Reviews, GameInformer, Press2Reset,Overclocker’s Club and GamersGlobal (in German). Wheeeeew, I’m out of virtual breath.
- Star Citizen – A bevy of recent updates, including part six of their writer’s guide, concept art of the planet Armitage, analysys of a Vanduul warship, an in-game ad for the Omni-Bel Ship Dealership and an update to the user support system. Away from the main site, we have two videos of Chris Roberts playing with the Razer Edge, a hotspot video and a full-length video, both of which will be embedded below. Don’t why the different names, they’re both around eight minutes in length.
- Star Trek Online – There have been three new updates discussing the Legacy of Romulus expansion. The first covers Romulan Warbirds stats, the second looks at warp cores, and the final at console set bonuses. Whatever that means. ;)
- Strike Suit Infinity – There’s a new review up from IncGamers.
- Void of Darkness – Two new videos, showing all weapons and one showing cluster bombs. Both with also be embedded below.
- Quintet – Their Android Kickstarter made its goal, so it’ll be coming to Android! Woohoo!
- Artemis – In similar news, this bridge simulation software IS now available for Android. Woohoo! ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new progress update that talks about how…progress on the game is going. ;)
- Retrobooster – There’s a new updated demo out with a bunch of new bug fixes. I really need to give this a whirl again, now that I have a gamepad. :)
- AI War – There’s a new update entitled “So I Rewired It” which contains work going into the next major revision of the game, version 7.0. They’re calling it a “foundational upheavel”.
- Icarus Ascends – These guys have their own website now! Yay!
- Galaxial – There’s a new update on ship fitting, which looks nifty.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode up by the author of the official novel of Elite: Dangerous. Check it out.
Whew, that’s a heckuva lot of news, but we’re not done! We also have DEALS!
- The folks behind Show me The Games are having a huge sale, which you go to their site and get codes for discounts. This includes:
- As part of a larger Deep Silver Sale, you can get these games on Green Man Gaming for a discount (the deals aren’t available in my region, so I apologize, but I can’t see the prices):
- Green Man Gaming also has an EVE Online starter pack for $4.99
Finally, in unrelated news, the Kickstarter for CDF Ghostship has begun. The dev is a really nice guy who frequents our forums, so I wanted to do him a solid. ;)
Thanks for reading guys and gals, and have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 5/10-14/13: The Very, Very Late Edition” »
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, Artemis, beat hazard ultra, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, elite: dangerous, Evochron Mercenary, Icarus Ascends, quintet, retrobooster, smugglers v, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, Strike Suit Infinity, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude
SO MUCH NEWSINESS!
Helllllloooooo my wonderful awesome friends! I’m back! I think! *checks* Yes, I’m back! Sorry for the lack of news posts, got surprisingly busy all over the place and just didn’t have the time. I do now though, yay! There’s a lot to go over, so let’s dive in, it’s all warm and stuff! ;)
- EVE Online – On the official site, they have a video of true stories from the first decade of the game (which will be embdedded below). The Mittani has articles on cruise missile fixes, mission fixes and news about an alliance slapfight.
- Drox Operative – The big news is MOD TOOLS! Yay! There’s also a new patch that fixes trade requests and other things.
- StarMade – Several updates include news on server crashes, a custom docking area, wedge shapes, faction options and other bugfixes.
- Star Conflict – There are updates on new gold standards as well as a new combat specialization.
- Star Citizen – There’s new art of the 300i fighter, which is alovely. There’s also a naming system poll, a spotlight on fan RADD and a new update to their writer’s guide.
- Voidnex – Thanks to reader Goomich for pointing out this new game to me. Looks nifty!
- StarDrive – The good folks at RTS Guru have written a preview of the game.
- FTL – You can now buy FTL-themed merchandise, such as a Kestrel hoodie or a pirate t-shirt. I so want the hoodie. There’s also an interview with the devs over on PixelJudge.
- Solar War – There’s a new version of the game available, which adds support for more factions, event chains and even more.
- Freespace Port – Version 3.4 of the port of Descent: Freespace to the Freespace 2 engine has been released! Go git it!
- Rogue System – Their new website has a chart that shows the progress of the game, which is awesome to see. I want it now though. ;)
- Infinite Space 3 – On their Kickstarter, they’ve announced a soundtrack as well as stretch goals! Go check it out and kick ‘em something!
- Mok Force – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for writing about this neat-looking shmup.
- Homeworld 2 Complex – The latest version of this extensive mod has been released on ModDB. You can see a trailer of it in action below.
- Neptune’s Pride II – Thanks again to Rock, Paper Shotgun for letting us know about a new version of this popular browser-based space conquest game.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks need help to save the Sowers.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new build which adds event handling and a new UI, among other things. The game also has its own cursor now, as well as velociraptors. ;)
- Stars of Call – According to a post on our very own forum, there’s a new version of this nifty Naev total conversion.
- Infinity – There’s a HUGE update on planetary engine improvements, which looks FANTASTIC. Can they FINALLY release this thing please? ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – As reported by Eurogamer, there was some confusion and outcry over the notion of paid expansions for the game. This was thankfully dealt with by a post from the devs on their blog.
- Void of Darkness – The dev has begun writing the dialog for all the alien races, apparently.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entry to read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode for y’all to listen to. :)
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new Fiction Diary for the game on YouTube, as well as embedded below.
- Galactic Patrol 2013 – There’s a new Kickstarter for this game that has the blessings of the original Galactic Patrol folks. Go check it out.
- Joystick Required – This was a space game news site run by a Jumpgate colleague of mine back in the day, and it’s back, so go check it out and say hello!
- Strike Vector – This is spacey enough to warrant inclusion. Just go watch this trailer. Seriously, watch it.
- AI War – There’s a new patch called “Nebulous Diligence” which works to improve the AI.
We’re not done yet folks! We have DEALS too!! Let’s do this!
- Space Pirates and Zombies is on sale at GMG for $5.08
- Beat Hazard EVERYTHING is part of the latest Indie Gala weekly bundle, and you can get all of it f or $1.87, which is a FREAKING steal people.
- Gamestop is having a spring sale on everything Stardock, which includes:
- AI War is also part of a Steam weeklong sale, in which everything is 75% off.
- There’s also an IndieFort Spring Bundle which has both AI War and Zigfrak for $7.99.
FINALLY, the folks at Arcen games (who made the aforementioned AI War) have announced a new game called Skyward Collapse, which looks awesome.
That’s it! Have a great day folks!
Get’cher Videos Right Here…
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, beat hazard, beyond beyaan, Descent: Freespace, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, freespace 2, FTL, Galactic Civilizations I, galactic civilizations ii, galactic patrol 2013, homeworld 2, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, infinity, Kerbal Space Program, mok force, neptune's pride ii, rogue system, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, solar war, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, stars of call, strike vector, void of darkness, voidnex, zigfrak
Hey y’all, happy Friday! Sorry I didn’t post any news yesterday, t’was a crazy day at work and I just sadly didn’t have time, but now I’m back to help close the week out with some spacey game news, so let’s get to it! Remember, all videos that I can embed will be included after the cut. :)
Now, in the deals column, Steam is having a Linux gaming sale this weekend, and it includes FTL for $4.99 and Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49, which are awesome prices if you don’t already have these.
Finally, over on the Concept Ships blog, there are some amazing designs by Mack Sztaba.
That’s it folks, have a fabulous weekend! :)
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/14-15/13: Wrapping Up the Week” »
drox operative, elite: dangerous, eve online, FTL, rogue system, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, star wars starfighter, stardrive
IT OWNS YOU! ;)
The Steam Holiday Sale is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, and here are all the spacey games I’ve been able to find (which is similar to the Thanksgiving sale in a lot of ways):
No go buy stuff! ;)
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, darkstar one, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gratuitous space battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
I’m Knee Deep in Both of These Today. ;)
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope y’all are having a great week so far. I’m still feeling a bit under the weather, especially energy-wise, but I’ve got more than enough to give ya the latest spacey news and deals. :) Enjoy! (Lots of videos today, which are embedded after the cut if possible)
- According to the folks at 4xgamer, there’s going to be a third free expansion for Endless Space. Called “Polaris”, it’ll add Steam achievements, an option for no pirates (YAY!), a new wonder and hero, and more. This might get me back into the game. Bloody pirates (and horrid AI). They’ve also been nominated for Gamespot’s Strategy Game of the Year and People’s Choice Best of 2012.
- Speaking of nominations, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has been nominated for PC Gamer’s 2012 Strategy Game of the Year.
- The demo for Drox Operative has been updated to the release version of the game, so if you’ve not checked it out, now is a perfect time to do so!
- The SlipSpace folks have a new trailer for us all to enjoy, which I’ll embed after the cut below.
- There’s a new dev diary video for Elite: Dangerous that shows more footage and talks roles. They also have an update to their Kickstarter FAQ about the single player portion of the game. Whee.
- There’s an update on the Dominion Kickstarter which discusses what they mean by on-line play.
- The Rodina website has been updated for the first time in FOREVER with a look at the new ship interior editor, which looks awesome.
- The latest update to EVE Online: Retribution will be released today, apparently.
- Space Sector continues their look at 4X games with an article on tackling build management tedium.
- The Star Citizen site has been updated with new paint-overs of the Constellation. Looks really sexy!
- The Beyond Beyann blog has a new article on glasses and the economy (don’t worry, they’re somewhat related). Feel better, bro!
- Finally in gamey newsiness, my buddy Paul Tobia has put together some excellent videos covering various facets of Sword of the Stars II, including game setup, the strategic screen and economics and government. These are all worth watching if you wanna learn more about the game. :)
We also have a few random deals today, such as:
That’s it for today folks. I hope it’s a good one for y’all, and thanks for visiting and reading. :)
Continue reading “Spacey News and Deals – 12/11/12” »
beyond beyaan, dominion, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, rodina, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, slipspace, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
Bring On the News!
Hey y’all, happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend (or in our case here in the U.S., a long holiday weekend)! A lot happened over the long weekend and while I don’t usually post on Sundays, some of this is time sensitive. Therefore, let’s get the week started with a ton of spacey gamey news! Remember, all videos that can be embedded will be after the cut.
- There are some Dominion updates over on Kickstarter, including both a screenshot and video of their planetary shader.
- There’s also a new video showing off station building in Deep Space Settlement that’s pretty cool.
- ScrumbleShip has been updated to version 0.19with a “ton of backend changes” such as allowing development on Macs and so on.
- Predestination has updated its Kickstarter with a small FAQ and a look at planetary customization. There’s also an interview with the developer over on 4xgamer.
- The Blockade Runner site has been updated with screenshots of its recent ship conversions, which look pretty cool.
- Vendetta Online has been upgraded to 1.8.237, which includes enhanced password security, fixes for video options and more.
- Space Sector has two articles regarding StarDrive. First, an interview with the developer, followed by news of pre-orders beginning in early 2013.
- Starfarer has been updated to 0.54a, with new character skills and aptitudes, a redesigned fleet interface and so on.
- VG247 has an interesting interview with David Braben regarding Elite: Dangerous. Their Kickstarter also has some new FAQ entries, as well as a development video…finally.
- There’s a fun AAR of Distant Worlds going on on Broken Forum in which the player is using the Star Trek – Picard Era Mod mod to play the Ferengi. Good stuff.
- There’s a new patch for Star Conflict that updates the matchmaking and changes the battle rewards systems.
- There’s a new website up for the upcoming EVE Online: Retribution expansion showing many of the new features.
- There’s a new patch for Drox Operative which allows buying a temporary ceasefire between warring races, among other things.
- Finally in spacey gamey news, you can now get Miner Wars 2081 on Steam, and if you purchased the game already, you can get a Steam key by logging into your account on the official Miner Wars 2081 site.
In other news, Cliff Harris has a great article on Kickstarter inequality which is totally worth a read. In non-gamey news, the lead dev of Beyond Beyaan has a life update, and there are some lovely Halo 4 ship drawings over on the Concept Ships blog. In bargains, there’s a new Fueling Up bundle over on GamersGate which includes Aeon Command and Space Pirates and Zombies.
Finally, the devs behind the Interstellar Marines: Prologue Kickstarter asked me to promote their campaign, and while it’s not a spacey game, I’m happy to help as much as I can.
That’s it folks. Have a great day, and thanks for visiting!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 11/22-25/12” »
Aeon Command, blockade runner, Deep Space Settlement, distant worlds, dominion, drox operative, elite: dangerous, eve online, miner wars 2081, predestination, ScrumbleShip, space pirates and zombies, Star Conflict, stardrive, starfarer, Vendetta Online
You Magnificent Bastard!
Edit 2:Updated as of Black Friday morning with more deals.
Edit 1: This looks like a handily dandily tool to keep track of this stuff. Hope y’all find it helpful. :)
And we’re off! Once again, Steam is giving us the opportunity to throw money at them with another huge sale, the Steam Autumn Sale! So big, it deserves its own post! ;) Now, I don’t know all of the deals as I don’t have the time or energy to go through EEEEEVERYTHANG, but here’s the spacey game deals I did find (and please feel free to mention others in the comments.
First off, there’s an indie games sale which includes the following spacey game deals:
- FTL for $9.99 or with its soundtrack for $13.98. This one could be glitchy since the sale just began.
- Gemini Wars for $11.99
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack for $9.49 (or 75% off the individual game and 50% off each piece of DLC). This one is a STEAL.
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99, which is fantastic.
- Endless Space for $14.99 for the Admiral Edition, $17.49 for the Emperor Special Edition, and $1.70 to upgrade the Admiral to the Emperor Edition.
As for individual games, the ones I know of so far are:
So go have at it! Have fun, spend responsibly, and enjoy! Good luck, and good hunting my friends.
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
News From Around the ‘Verse!!!
Hey y’all, happy Friday! The weekend is here, and no one is more glad for this damned week to be over than I am. Soooooo tired. That being said, let’s wrap the week up on a high note with some AWESOME spacey gamey updates and deals IN YO FACE:
- This is unconfirmed, but according to a post on the GoG forums, Conquest: Frontier Wars could be released on GoG as early as the first week of December! YAY! I’m trying to get confirmation, so I’ll let y’all know what I find out, but this would be AWESOME if true. :)
- In Star Citizen news, continued funding has unlocked the Geddon and Tal systems, as well as the Aegis Retaliator heavy bomber. There’s also a poll on their site in which you get to choose the look of the Freelancer. Finally, the folks behind the game will be doing a twenty-four hour live webcast on the official site starting at 1 PM Central time on Sunday, November 18th. I know I’ll be tuning in. :)
- There’s a new patch for Drox Operative that includes a ton of fixes and balance changes.
- The folks at Kerberos and Paradox have announced the Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition, which adds a new expansion pack with a new playable race called the Loa (which existing owners of the game get for free), along with all previous patches and DLC packs. They also released a teaser video, which I’ll embed below.
- The New Eden Open Tournament begins tomorrow in EVE Online, featuring twenty-seven teams gunning for a $6,000 prize. You can watch streaming video of the event over on own3D.tv.
- The Infinity website has seen its first update in a loooooong time, this time featuring atmosphereic scattering, along with some damned pretty pictures.
- The folks at Pocket Tactics have a great article on unanswered questions regarding the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter. Also, the folks at Rock, Paper Shotgun sum up my own feelings about the recently released “update” pretty well. :/
- Finally in news, there’s a bevy videos of Star Trek: Excalibur that show off a ton of new features, but somehow I missed ‘em all (sorry, they don’t have an RSS feed!), so I’m gonna link you to their YouTube channel so you can witness them for yourself. They’re all pretty awesome.
In the deals column, GameFly is having an Indie Weekend sale which includes Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49 and Gratuitous Space Battles for $7.49. There’s also some new thingy called the Green Light Bundle wherein you can pay what you want to th recently released Aeon Command.
That’s it for today guys! Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for reading and visiting!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 11/16/12” »
Aeon Command, conquest frontier wars, drox operative, elite: dangerous, eve online, gratuitous space battles, infinity, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek: excalibur, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
This Turkey is Thankful I’m Not Eating It. ;)
Warning, incoming corniness alert. ;) As Thanksgiving approaches here in the U.S., I’ve been giving thought to who and what I have in my life to be thankful for. In my non-blogging life, I have a wonderful job, an amazing girlfriend, a cadre of the best friends a guy could ask for, adorable cats, my favorite car I’ve ever owned (yay Honda Fit!) and so much more. As this blog wonderfully takes up a good portion of my life, I tried to also think about what I’m thankful for in terms of the spacey gamey…er…space. Last year I listed the games I was thankful for, so this time, I’ll list the people I’m thankful for. :)
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey People I’m Thankful For” »
dangerous, elite, eve online, freespace 2, Jumpgate, sol exodus, space pirates and zombies, space rangers, spacewar!, star wars: tie fighter, star wolves, star wraith, zigfrak
Look! News! And Deals Too!
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope all of our friends on the east coast of the US are okay, and that everyone affected by hurricane Sandy recovers quickly and easily. I dunno how to segue into gaming news after that, so I’ll just jump right in:
- The Star Citizen Kickstarter reached $750,000 last night, so every backer gets a AMX-1 Repair Droid in their garage. Nifty! I also forgot to post the second part of Rock, Paper Shotgun’s interview with Chris Roberts the other day, sorries. The official site also has new entries in the Cassandra’s Tears and Tales of the Crimson Kid stories.
- The Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter campaign now has a community Q&A video. I’d embed it, but it’s one of them Kickstarter vids, sorry. They’ve also announced you can customize your rewards as well, if you wish.
- The folks at Amplitude Studios have a new dev blog which gives a quick Halloween update regarding their second add-on for Endless Space.
- There’s a new “Fortress-size It” beta update for AI War which “greatly expands the module variety available to modular fortress owners in champion games”.
- Finally, in news, an EVE Online dev blog has announced the expansion of the buddy program, which looks pretty cool.
Now, we have a buncha sales today too!
- First off, Steam is having a Halloween Sale which includes a ton of games, most notably to us, the fantastic Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49.
- Then, Green Man Gaming is having a Aliens & Space Promo, which includes the following spacey deals:
- Finally, the Stardock folks mentioned that Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale at a few retailers, but so far I can only find it on Gamestop for $4.98.
And finally, in non-spacey game news, the Concept Ships blog has a lovely spaceship painting by MANCHU.
That’s it for today folks, have a great day, and stay safe!
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526 Gold Edition, endless space, eve online, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire trinity, sol exodus, Space Empires IV, space empires: starfury, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star ruler, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, strike suit zero