Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 11/16/12
Hey y’all, happy Friday! The weekend is here, and no one is more glad for this damned week to be over than I am. Soooooo tired. That being said, let’s wrap the week up on a high note with some AWESOME spacey gamey updates and deals IN YO FACE:
- This is unconfirmed, but according to a post on the GoG forums, Conquest: Frontier Wars could be released on GoG as early as the first week of December! YAY! I’m trying to get confirmation, so I’ll let y’all know what I find out, but this would be AWESOME if true. :)
- In Star Citizen news, continued funding has unlocked the Geddon and Tal systems, as well as the Aegis Retaliator heavy bomber. There’s also a poll on their site in which you get to choose the look of the Freelancer. Finally, the folks behind the game will be doing a twenty-four hour live webcast on the official site starting at 1 PM Central time on Sunday, November 18th. I know I’ll be tuning in. :)
- There’s a new patch for Drox Operative that includes a ton of fixes and balance changes.
- The folks at Kerberos and Paradox have announced the Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition, which adds a new expansion pack with a new playable race called the Loa (which existing owners of the game get for free), along with all previous patches and DLC packs. They also released a teaser video, which I’ll embed below.
- The New Eden Open Tournament begins tomorrow in EVE Online, featuring twenty-seven teams gunning for a $6,000 prize. You can watch streaming video of the event over on own3D.tv.
- The Infinity website has seen its first update in a loooooong time, this time featuring atmosphereic scattering, along with some damned pretty pictures.
- The folks at Pocket Tactics have a great article on unanswered questions regarding the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter. Also, the folks at Rock, Paper Shotgun sum up my own feelings about the recently released “update” pretty well. :/
- Finally in news, there’s a bevy videos of Star Trek: Excalibur that show off a ton of new features, but somehow I missed ’em all (sorry, they don’t have an RSS feed!), so I’m gonna link you to their YouTube channel so you can witness them for yourself. They’re all pretty awesome.
In the deals column, GameFly is having an Indie Weekend sale which includes Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49 and Gratuitous Space Battles for $7.49. There’s also some new thingy called the Green Light Bundle wherein you can pay what you want to th recently released Aeon Command.
That’s it for today guys! Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for reading and visiting!