Drowning Under the Tide of News…
Hellloooooo everyone, and happy Friday! This was a really nutty week for me, hence the lack of news until today! I’ve got a WEEK’S worth of stuff to get through, so let’s DO THIS! ;)
(Sorry if the news pieces appear a bit disjointed, I had to go through between seventy to eighty news pieces out of order ;)
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – The game came out yesterday, and there’s already a new patch to fix some crashing problems that users have found since release. Das24680 also has five new videos of the game showing off more gameplay. Youtube user Pewpewchewchew also has a Let’s Play video of his own. These will all be embedded below.
- SkyJacker – There’s some new photos over on their facebook showing off the disassembly of a Shaarkarians mothership. They also have dissasembly videos of a Shaarkarians mothership, a Rak-Tak-Bashogee battleship and a Rak-Tak-Bashogee cruiser.
- Star Citizen – We have some new wallpapers showing off the planet Tyrol, part 8 of the writer’s guide, a Congress Now news update, a sneak peak at the hanger module and an interview with network and server programmer Tom Sawyer (embedded below as well). They also just announced an upcoming livingstreaming event in late June. Finally, Forbes did a video interview with Chris Roberts, which is also embedded below.
- Retrobooster – The developer recorded a video demo for the folks at IGN, which I can’t embed. The demo is a ton of fun, by the by. ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – Version 2.0 of the game has been released and adds things like chairs and other parts! Yay chairs! ;) There’s also a new merchandise store! I want a mug.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new fiction diary entry over on their Kickstarter, and the video will be embedded below. Thanks to Wild Bill for the tip!
- Drox Operative – In the midst of making an expansion, Steven has released a beta patch for the game. This new patch has a ton of little fixes.
- Star Trek Online – The new Legacy of Romulus expansion went live yesterday! Yay! There’s also a dev blog on Dilithium 101.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has word of a super-cap and dreadnaught battle in Venal and a brawl in Delve, both of which sound expensive. There’s also a video and interview regarding Campigenus, a twenty-four minute fan movie you can see here (and embedded below), and a report of the battle of T-8UOF.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch that adds a practice mode and a new sector, among other things.
- AI War – A new patch entitled, “Tumbleweeds In The Stars“, adds a new minor faction in preparation for the next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Thanks to IndieGames.com for making me aware of this multiplayer battle arena space game that just launched a Kickstarter. Looks nifty.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a new Kickstarter update showing off how the game is coming along, as well as a new teaser trailer, which will be embedded below.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new version of the game that adds awards and medals, jackets, new console commands and more.
- Aeon Command – Part 2 of the dev’s post mortem is now up.
- Lunar Flight – The multiplayer update — which includes a ton of stuff — is now up on Steam. I totally need to revisit this game.
- Strike Suit Zero – The mod dev tool called XedMod is now available, as well as some mods for the game. I can’t embed the video, however. :/ The Heroes of the Fleet DLC is also out now.
- 90Edges Universe – I was contacted by the dev of this project to let me know it exists. :) (I LOVE that, by the way.) It’s very early right now, but it looks like a neat open universey buildy thing. Check it out.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new dev post every day on their forums, if you’ve not checked it out recently.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new alpha trailer over on their IndieDB page, which I’ll also be embedded below. There are also posts on planets and co-op gameplay.
- Star Made – There’s been so much new news since my last update, including a new webserver, several new builds and more, that I’ll just direct you to their news page if you don’t mind. ;)
- Dominium – There’s a new video on their Kickstarter showing off some combat that sadly I can’t embed. It looks fun though. :)
- Void Space – I found this Kickstarter about a space mining simulator? Space AND mining? I love both of those things! Sold! (Maybe, if he updates his campaign at all, which he hasn’t yet, and that is a pet peeve of mine. TALK TO US DAMN YOU! ;)
- StarDrive – Some more reviews from CalmDownTom, Pure News and DMJared on YouTube. (Embedded below).
OH MY GOD that was a lot. But wait, we also have DEALS! Besides the two mentioned yesterday, we also have the following:
FINALLY, we’re done. That took FOREVER to put together, but I love y’all, so y’all are worth it. ;) Have a great weekend!
Videos Right This Way!
90Edges Universe, Aeon Command, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, epic space game, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gemini wars, GoD Factory: Wingmen, gratuitous space battles, Infinite Pixels, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, Lunar Flight, retrobooster, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, skyjacker, space pirates and zombies, Spaceforce: Rogue Universe, star citizen, Star Conflict, star made, star ruler, star trek online, stardrive, starlight inception, strike suit zero, Void Space, x3 reunion, zigfrak
It’s Just Piling Up Today…
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay friends, how are you? Welcome back from the weekend, and happy Monday! I hope y’all are having a great day! I know I am because there’s just so much spacey gameyness going on! ;) Let’s dive in, shall we?
- Limit Theory – A new Limit Theory Prototype has been released, and while only those who pledged at the $75 level and above during the Kickstarter can PLAY it, there’s a video tutorial of it we can watch at least while we wait for beta access. It’ll also be embedded below. I wanna play this noooooooow. *weeps*
- Star Citizen – The Aurora fighter has been fully detailed in a lovely new brochure, and there’s a sale on the craft as well, this week only. It’s selling well enough for there to be a thank you post with more info, art and so on. I’m very tempted to get one…
- EVE Online – The Mittani has just a deluge of reports from FanFest, including the keynote, CCP Presents, art developments, CSM8 winners, as well as other articles covering the great fuel crunch and Heydieles and Old Man Star changing hands. On the dev blog, there are articles covering resource rebalancing in Odyssey as well as a resource rebalancing as well. Then, according to multiple sources, there will be an EVE Online TV and comic book series using player-submitted stories. Wow. Finally, some CCP programmers made a first-person dogfighting game called EVR that looks pretty damned cool.
- Infinite Space 3 – The good folks at Digital Eel made their Kickstarter goal! Congrats to them!!!
- StarDrive – Hold the Line has an interview with Dan DiCicco about the game.
- Void of Darkness – Seems the main dev is running into some coding problems. ;)
- Ring Runner – There’s a lovely preview of the game over on Greenlit Gaming. This reminds me that I need to add this to my preview queue…
- StarLife – There’s a preview article covering colinies, events and regions for y’all to dig into.
- Dominion – After testing a new pitch, these folks are gonna launch a new Kickstarter campaign on May 4th. Best of luck to ‘em!S
- StarMade – There’s a new post detailing startup sync and missile changes.
- Drox Operative – The folks at Indie Game Magazine has a Let’s Try video of the game, which I’ll embed below.
- Epic Space Game – A new update brings smoother mouse zooming, changes to jump drives and a lot more.
- OreSome – In a recent IndieDB post, apparently multiplayer is being experimented with. You can now also buy the game on GamersGate.
- And Here the Wheel – The author of this novel based on Elite: Dangerous has a progress update for us all to read.
Whew, that’s a mouthful right there, but we also have deals! These include:
Then, in somewhat related news, some of the developers from the original Homeworld have launched their new RTS, Hardware: Shipbreakers, which sadly doesn’t appear to take place in space. Boo. Finally, SpaceSector has posted its latest list of the Kickstarters that made it and didn’t, which is a fun read.
That’s it for now folks. Have an awesome day!!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 4/29/13: Back to Work!” »
And Here the Wheel, drox operative, elite: dangerous, epic space game, eve online, galactic civilizations, gemini wars, Homeworld, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, limit theory, oresome, ring runner, star citizen, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, stardrive, starlife, starmade, the tomorrow war, void of darkness
Hey everyone, happy Friday! It’s the weekend, and I might actually get to play some games for the first time in over a WEEK. I am going through physical withdrawal, so I NEED to get some gaming in, not only to make the shaking stop, but to put more content on the site. It’s been a CRAZY week! We recorded three podcasts this week, and it was totally, TOTALLY worth all the effort. :) With that said, let’s close the week out with some news. :)
That’s it for gamey news, but we’re not done! There are deals today as well. GetGames is having a Strategy Sale, which includes these space games:
Finally, in somewhat related news, over on SolCommand there’s an updated Blackstar ship model for your modeling use.
Oh, wait, you were wondering where the third podcast was, since we only released two this week. Sorry, silly me, I forgot to mention that WE TALKED TO CHRIS ROBERTS YESTERDAY! OMG! That podcast will go up on Monday, so stay tuned, and have an awesome weekend! ;)
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 3/8/13: Prepping for The Weekend” »
beyond beyaan, dominion, edge of space, endless space, eve online, galaxial, gemini wars, legends of pegasus, rodina, star citizen, stardrive, starpoint gemini
SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, had a dentist appointment and no time to put into this, sadly. Fun times! This mean I have news from today, yesterday and the weekend to cover, so let’s dive in!
- Endless Space – There’s a new screenshot of a new Automaton hero, Mizn Ora-Yur, from the upcoming Virtual Awakening expansion. I love the look of it.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has some great EVE-based articles such as the sin of sloth in the game, news on a new battle of U930, a look at the sovereignty system, some unrest in the Li3 federation and finally, an interview with the folks behind the EVE documentary called “A Tale of Internet Spaceships“,
- Freespace 2 – Speaking of The Mittani, they take at look at the BEST SPACE COMBAT SIM EVER in their Nostalgia files.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new update entitled, “Information as Currency; the Rise of the InfoAgent” which talks about this career path.
- SlipSpace – There’s a new dev video on their Kickstarter page that I sadly can’t embed, but it looks nifty!
- Rogue System – FlightSim.com has a nice little blurb about the game. Michael also posted some thoughts on Kickstarter and a small article on how hardcore the game is. Finally, there’s a new startup video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarMade – There’s both a quick status update that followed the release of a new test build for folks to try, including me. ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – Spider! (He is our hero) Also, the Kickstarter has less than a day left, so if you wanna kick in, now’s the time. :)
- StarLife – The devs have set up a new forum for y’all to chat about the game.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a small update covering a possible roleplaying code of conduct. They also have Friday screenshots, as well as a new starship spotlight video, which I’ll embed below.
- Miner Wars 2081 – According to a tweet on their Twitter feed, the devs have begun work on modding support, as well as releasing “99% of the game source code”. I wonder what that other 1% would be…
- StarStrategy – More screenshots of things going pew pew!
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Maurice — you know, one of the gentlement I just interviewed about the game — posted an old review of the game from OMNI magazine that’s a real treat to read.
- ZigFrak – The folks at TechZwn (odd name) have a review of the game for y’all to enjoy.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a cool new screenshot over on yfrog.
- Galaxial – There’s a new dev blog entry covering colony management that looks pretty awesome.
- Drox Operatove – There are some new tweets teasing features in the upcoming expansion.
- Space Nerds in Space – Thanks to Free Gamer for letting us know about this upcoming starship bridge simulator inspired by Artemis.
- Sword of the Stars II – Universal Gaming Reviews has a review and giveaway of the game.
- Strike Suit Zero – Speaking of giveaways, Space Sector is having one for this game.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new post detailing the latest changes to the game.
- Star Command – There’s a new update apologizing for their lack of updates and then giving a small update on their Kickstarter.
- Longshot – The dad at Dad’s Gaming Addiction did an article on the game.
- AI War – Now that their latest game is released, Arcen can now return to patching this one. ;)
- Void of Darkness – This is a new Starflight-inspired game sent into me by reader John, so thanks John!
- Wing Commander – Podcast Partner Jim sent over this awesome video of a hard-rock cover of the game’s theme. This will totally be embedded below the cut.
Next up, sales, and there’s a good chunk of stuff! Steam is having several midweek sales, which includes the following:
Finally, related news! First, since we cover older games here, I though that a new version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE being released was somewhat relevant, thanks to Indie Retro News for the update. Next, I missed this somehow but Artem Bank — the gentleman who composed the amazing music for Star Ruler — has two new bits of music out, “Facebook 5” and “Natural” which sound great. Finally, the Concept Ships blog has fantastic ships from Joseph Cross and a gorgeous orbiter concept from Rasmus Poulsen.
That’s it folks! WHEW! Thanks for visiting, and enjoy!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/25-26/13: Catching Up Edition” »
beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, drox operative, endless space, epic space game, eve online, freespace, galaxial, gemini wars, longshot, miner wars 2081, rogue system, Rules of Engagement 2, slipspace, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, space nerds in space, star citizen, Star Command, star ruler, star trek online, starlife, starmade, starstrategy, stellar impact, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, void of darkness, wing commander, zigfrak
Taking Hold of the News Once Again!
Hey y’all, happy Monday! I’m mostly back, and while I’m not feeling 100% — maybe 70-80% — but that’s well enough to try and get y’all caught up with nearly a week’s worth of spacey gamey newsey goodness! There’s a lot to cover here, so let’s dive in. :)
- First off, there’s a buncha EVE Online news. According to their blog, the MOMA exhibit they’re in opens today, along with an entry on their in-game holiday celebration. Finally, VG247 has an interview with the game’s lead designer about the recently released expansion pack and much more.
- In Star Citizen news, they have a Friday Update which, among other things, shows off renderings of the MISC Freelancer ship (the ship I kicked for). It looks AWESOME. I’ll also embed the video after the cut. There is also a three way interview by Gary Whitta of both Chris Roberts and David Braben (Part 1, Part 2), which must’ve been awesome to do. I’ll also embed videos after the cut. Finally, PCGamesN has an interview with Chris Roberts on embracing Kickstarter and other stuff.
- Next, congrats to the Predestination folks, as their Kickstarter was fully funded! YAY! They also have a new update showing how planetary exploration works, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- The Kickstarter for Limit Theory has a really juicy update about how NPCs and the contact system works. That same update also has announced new stretch goals, such as planetary and faction ownership. There’s also an interview with Josh over on VG247.
- The sequel to GalCon, named GalCon 2: Galactic Conquest, has also launched a Kickstarter campaign of its own. This time it’s going to be Free-to-Play apparently. Yay?
- The Dominion Kickstarter has a link to this survey asking folks what they’d like to see in the game, to help them “target their efforts’. A noble goal. They’ve also added new vessels to their pitch, updated their FAQ and added a screenshot comparing their Earth to a NASA photo, which is cool.
- The Kickstarter for Colonia has two new videos (only one I can embed) showing off research and production, which look nifty!
- The folks over at God Mode have a review of Miner Wars 2081 that was generally positive.
- The good people at 4xgamer have a great review of Drox Operative. Out of Eight games has some impressions as well, along with a video (which will be embedded after the cut)! That reminds me, I should get to mine! Oh, so much to do, so little time! ;)
- Vendetta Online has a new update which adds a huge 39-mission tree. That sounds awesome! I should maybe try this out.
- Another game that got an update was Gratuitous Space Battles, which includes all sorts of fixes and additions you can read about on Cliff Harris’ blog.
- There’s also an update for Star Conflict, which adds a new game mode called Combat Reconnaissance and more. Sounds nifty! They also have a new dev diary video, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- In other update news, Gemini Wars got a teensy-weensy update that fixes a few little things.
- Final update, Sword of the Stars II got one that fixes a lot of bugs. All clear my eye.
- The peeps over at RTS Guru have revisited Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion after the latest patch, which they seemed to like quite a bit.
- Dirkson has an article over on IndieDB talking about how big space is and how that relates to ScrumbleShip.
- Over on Space Sector, author dayrinni (their spelling, not mine, or else the D would be upper case), has the first in a series of making a 4X game that involves setting the stage.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has a wonderfully cynical article regarding Elite: Dangerous. ;)
- The Star Command folks have posted an update on their Kickstarter page that the game should have a soft launch in January. Finally!
- There’s a little new update about Oresome over on their IndieDB page showing some newish visual effects.
- Ensign-1 has a new update that detailes a new camera, factions and music. I’ll embed the included video from the update after the cut.
- Finally in gamey news, VG247 (linking a lot to them lately) themselves linked to a site called RGB Classic Games. The cool thing is they have tons of old games you can play right in your browser using a Java applet, which works awesomely. The only reason I include this is because they have a few space games, such as Astrofire and EGA Trek. There are a lot of classics here folks, so check it out.
The only deal I could find for today was an EVE Online – 30 Day Starter Pack at Green Man Gaming for $4.99.
Finally, the Concept Ships blog has some fantastic spaceship art from Kian Ng and Smyk Vitaliy.
That’s it! WHEW! I need some more sleep after that. I promise to get back into regular content soon folks, have tons of reviews, previews and such I need to work on, but the holidays are nuts and being sick didn’t help. Thanks again for your patience as I strive to balance out this blog with life in general. :) Have a lovely day y’all!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 12/5-10/12” »
astrofire, colonia, dominion, drox operative, ega trek, elite: dangerous, ensign 1, eve online, galcon, galcon 2, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, limit theory, miner wars 2081, oresome, predestination, ScrumbleShip, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, star citizen, Star Command, Star Conflict, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, Vendetta Online
You Magnificent Bastard!
Edit 2:Updated as of Black Friday morning with more deals.
Edit 1: This looks like a handily dandily tool to keep track of this stuff. Hope y’all find it helpful. :)
And we’re off! Once again, Steam is giving us the opportunity to throw money at them with another huge sale, the Steam Autumn Sale! So big, it deserves its own post! ;) Now, I don’t know all of the deals as I don’t have the time or energy to go through EEEEEVERYTHANG, but here’s the spacey game deals I did find (and please feel free to mention others in the comments.
First off, there’s an indie games sale which includes the following spacey game deals:
- FTL for $9.99 or with its soundtrack for $13.98. This one could be glitchy since the sale just began.
- Gemini Wars for $11.99
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack for $9.49 (or 75% off the individual game and 50% off each piece of DLC). This one is a STEAL.
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99, which is fantastic.
- Endless Space for $14.99 for the Admiral Edition, $17.49 for the Emperor Special Edition, and $1.70 to upgrade the Admiral to the Emperor Edition.
As for individual games, the ones I know of so far are:
So go have at it! Have fun, spend responsibly, and enjoy! Good luck, and good hunting my friends.
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
FREAKING NEWS, PEOPLE! (Yeah, I’m Tired…)
Hello everyone, and happy Thursday! Sorry for the lack of a news update yesterday, but gosh what a CRAZY day that was thanks to a lovely plumbing emergency in my apartment. I’ll spare you the details and just say I’m still exhausted, and after I wrote my Kickstarter SEO article, I was spent, so again, very sorry for the lateness of this. That said, let’s jump right in! :)
- Lots of Star Citizen updates to talk about! They’ve detailed the RSI Constellation MK3, on which IGN also has an article. Continued funding has unlocked information on the Cathcart and Ellis systems, as well as hidden asteroid bases. Finally, they profile another member of their team, Dave Haddock. Wheeeeew!
- The Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter has been updated with some new wallpaper (though they’re TINY) and a new video from David Braben talking about procedural generation, which I’ll embed after the cut. Also over on Games Brief, author Nicholas Lovell explains why he thinks Kickstarter was the right move for the game, with some caveats.
- As the Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter winds down to a close (twenty-eight hours to go as I write this), they have an update on their final push, the ability to pay through PayPal, and some new art of the Merauder Strike Suit. They’re at 150% of their funding, so congrats to them!!!
- According to the folks at RTS Guru, we’ll be getting a new expansion for Gratuitous Space Battles!
Called The Outcasts, ou can see screenshots in the announcement entry on Cliff Harris’ blog.
- Ensign-1 is now getting in-game money and new ships. You’ll now get money for shooting down ships and can spend it on better fighters.
- The Star Made page over on IndieDB has an update on the next version of the game. This consists mostly of rotating systems in space.
- On the official forums for Miner Wars 2081, they’ve announced both a new art pack and, more importantly, a release date for the game. (Spoiler, it’s November 28th). ;)
- The Ring Runner folks have announced that Kickstarter backers will now begin to get their rewards! Yay!
- There’s a new update for AI War called “The Pain Train” which brings the game up to 6.006 and re-imagines Astro Trains! Choo choo!
- Finally in gaming news, there’s a new season seven video for Star Trek Online that looks pretty cool, and I’ll embed it after the cut.
A couple of things in non-gamey news. First, there’s a funny little FTL fan video called “The Sinking of the Spacepunch” which is totally worth a watch. Then, according to an article on The Escapist, Lee Sheldon — a writer and producer on Star Trek: The Next Generation proposes a modern version of the holodeck. When can I get one?
Finally, in deals news, first up is the Groupees Build a Bundle 4, which includes Stellar Impact. Yay? Finally, GameStop is offering a deal on Gemini Wars in which it’s 40% off all weekend, but 66% off on Sunday.
Whew, that’s it folks! Have a great night and I’ll see y’all tomorrow!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealisies – 11/14-15/12” »
ai war fleet command, elite: dangerous, ensign 1, FTL, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, star citizen, star made, star trek online, strike suit zero
Yeah, I Have to Get Creative with News-Related Images. :P
Hey y’all, welcome to Friday! With the weekend almost upon us, it’s time for our final round of news for the week! Let’s take a look at what’s going on, shall we? ;)
- The big news of the day is that the Kickstarter for Strike Suit Zero has past their funding goal of $100,000!! Congrats to them! According to a Tweet from Jamin Smith, a pledge from the lead designer of Assassin’s Creed 3, Steve Masters, pushed them over the line.
- The races page on the Drox Operative website has been updated with info for two more races in the game, the Humans and the Shadow. Also, according to a post on Soldak’s Facebook, the next patch will include bounty hunters that can hunt Operatives! Cool! Edit: The patch is out! Read about the changes here! Yay!
- Even though we talked about the release date for Miner Wars 2081 yesterday, Rock, Paper Shotgun has a nice writeup about it.
- Finally in the news, the Star Citizen Kickstarter has been updated with a small Q&A about the Xi’An, a recently revealed alien race in the game.
Now, in terms of sales, GOG is having a Massive EA Selection sale this weekend, which includes spacey classics such as:
Which are all just dang amazing deals. If you don’t, for some WACKY reason, already own these, this is a great time to snag some of the best space gaming ever. The final deal is over on Steam, where you can get the just-released-over-there Gemini Wars for $15.99.
Finally, in non-gaming news, there are some lovely ship designs over on the Concept Ships blog from Tom McDowell.
And that’s it for today folks. I hope y’all have a lovely weekend and get some fun spacey gaming in. :)
drox operative, gemini wars, miner wars 2081, star citizen, starflight, starflight 2 trade routes of the cloud nebula, strike suit zero, wing commander, wing commander ii, wing commander iii: heart of the tiger, wing commander iv the price of freedom
Look! News! And Deals Too!
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope all of our friends on the east coast of the US are okay, and that everyone affected by hurricane Sandy recovers quickly and easily. I dunno how to segue into gaming news after that, so I’ll just jump right in:
- The Star Citizen Kickstarter reached $750,000 last night, so every backer gets a AMX-1 Repair Droid in their garage. Nifty! I also forgot to post the second part of Rock, Paper Shotgun’s interview with Chris Roberts the other day, sorries. The official site also has new entries in the Cassandra’s Tears and Tales of the Crimson Kid stories.
- The Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter campaign now has a community Q&A video. I’d embed it, but it’s one of them Kickstarter vids, sorry. They’ve also announced you can customize your rewards as well, if you wish.
- The folks at Amplitude Studios have a new dev blog which gives a quick Halloween update regarding their second add-on for Endless Space.
- There’s a new “Fortress-size It” beta update for AI War which “greatly expands the module variety available to modular fortress owners in champion games”.
- Finally, in news, an EVE Online dev blog has announced the expansion of the buddy program, which looks pretty cool.
Now, we have a buncha sales today too!
- First off, Steam is having a Halloween Sale which includes a ton of games, most notably to us, the fantastic Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49.
- Then, Green Man Gaming is having a Aliens & Space Promo, which includes the following spacey deals:
- Finally, the Stardock folks mentioned that Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale at a few retailers, but so far I can only find it on Gamestop for $4.98.
And finally, in non-spacey game news, the Concept Ships blog has a lovely spaceship painting by MANCHU.
That’s it for today folks, have a great day, and stay safe!
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526 Gold Edition, endless space, eve online, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire trinity, sol exodus, Space Empires IV, space empires: starfury, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star ruler, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, strike suit zero
I’m Running Out of News Images…
Hey y’all, happy Thursday! There’s a lot to cover today, so I’m just gonna jump right in:
Yeah, that’s it for news. I know, right? But wait, there’s more. This next section outlines some new spacey games I found on Kickstarter, so while not “news”, technically, I’m including it to raise awareness for ‘em. These include:
- Mercenary Dark – A “space action/RPG” with 26 days left at less than 1% funded.
- Mobile Bridge Project – Not a space game itself, but a mobile bridge built for use with the Artemis bridge sim. 14 days left, less than 1% funded.
- Exodus: Grand Melee – A “4x space mmorts mech combat and empire building simulation game”. That’s certainly a mouthful. 30 days left, well less than 1% funded.
Next, we have a buncha deals today too:
That’s it for today y’all, have an awesome one!