I Want to Go To There. ;)
Heyyyy folks, welcome to this edition of the Space Game Junkie Podcast. In this episode, Jim and I sit down with Brendan Anthony, former Bethesda developer who is currently working on an awesome space game called Rodina. We talk about the game at length, but due to a good deal of wine on my part I think, the conversation goes all over the place as well. It’s a fun ride, and we hope you enjoy it.
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we welcome your comments/critiques below in the comments or on the forum, and invite you to follow us on the RSS or the iTunes thingamajig. Thanks for listening, and have an awesome day!
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #14: Rodina Q&A (and Random Ramblings)” »
beat hazard, freelancer, freespace, FTL, Kerbal Space Program, lunar lander, rodina, star wars: tie fighter, StarFox, wing commander, Wing Commander: Privateer, x3 albion prelude
SO MANY NEWSIDEALSNESS!
Hellllllloooo my friends, and happy Friday! The weekend is FINALLY upon us! YES! Sorry about the lack of news for the past couple of days, there was some other stuff I needed to get done first before this, so I hope y’all don’t mind. :) Even though my time has been consumed with Distant Worlds: Shadows, I’ve still managed to fit in some X3: Albion Prelude, so I’ll have something on that early next week. I also hope to tackle some more TIE Fighter this weekend as well. But enough about me, there’s a LOT of newsiness to talk about!!!
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – Speaking of which, that crazy cat Das24680 has three new videos of him playing the game. THREE. I wish I had his dedication/energy. YouTube user quill18 also has a Let’s Try video of him playing the game. These’ll all be embedded below too.
- EVE Online – Several articles today, first from the official site, including a look at the next decade and an article on the Crossing Zebras podcast. Then, The Mittani has an article on introducing kids to the game, as well as reduced clone costs in Odyssey.
- Infinite Pixels – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for making us aware of this “voxel space exploration game“. Oh look, there’s a trailer as well! :)
- Star Trek Online – We have a two new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entries, one on the Klingon Defence Force, and one on the Numbus adventure zone.
- Gimbal – There’s a new expansion for the game that adds new game modes, new parts, new maps and more. Looks like now’d be a good time to try it, huh? ;) I got a copy last year and it sadly fell through the cracks during my nutty Summer. I should rectify that problem…
- Star Sonata 2 – There’s also a new expansion pack coming for this game next month called “Subspace Assault” that which adds restructured content and other stuff.
- Aeon Command – The devs have posted the first part of the game’s post mortem, which makes for great reading.
- Rogue System – There’s a new dev diary entry over on the game’s forums.
- Predestination – There’s also a new April dev update for this game on the game’s official site (which REALLY needs an RSS feed, dangit). ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new video up interviewing customer support guru Brittany Godfrey, who we’ve likely all dealt with at least once. ;) The video will also be embedded below. There’s also an update showing storyboards of the planet Stanton Landing, a new writer’s guide installment, and a fan focus video which I’ll embed below.
- X3: Albion Prelude – There’s a big new 3.0 patch for the game that adds new plots, mission types, controller support and so on. A small hotfix was shortly released afterwards to fix some savegame issues. ;) Looks awesome, I can try my new 360 gamepad with it. ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – There’s a new update looking at their Oculus Rift support, which I sadly can’t embed (silly Kickstarter vids).
- Void of Darkness – They have a new website with more information on the game for y’all to check out. :)
- Lunar Flight – The multiplayer beta is now available on Steam for PC players!
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new version of the game which includes an official Mac client, an improved H.U.D. and more!
Now we have deals!!! First, I suppose to celebrate the release of its major 3.0 patch as noted above, some of the X games are on sale at a few places, such as:
Next in deals, Amazon is having a HUGE Digital Games Mayhem sale, yet it only includes a few space games (of which are of questionable quality, but I mention ‘em regardless), such as:
Finally in deals, we have some randoms, such as Dawnstar (which I still need to play) for $5.00 on Green Man Gaming and Unstoppable Gorg for…whatever you want on IndieGameStand.
Finally in related stuff, the folks at the amazing Three Moves Ahead podcast had a great podcast on 4X games.
That’s it!! WHEW! Have a great weekend everyone.
Continue reading “Spacey News and Deals 5/15-17/13: The Bring On the Weekend Edition” »
Aeon Command, Danwstar, Distant Worlds: Shadows, epic space game, eve online, gimbal, Infinite Pixels, Lunar Flight, master of orion 3, miner wars 2081, predestination, rogue system, space trader, star citizen, star sonata 2, star trek online, star wars: tie fighter, strike suit zero, Unstoppable Gorg, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, x3 terran conflict
Yes, You Read Right. News. ;)
Helllooooooooo my good friends. How are y’all doin’? Sorry about missing posting the news yesterday, just been a bit crazy around here, but good! Spent time with both X3: Albion Prelude and Distant Worlds: Shadows, so expect stuff on that soon (once I have time to actually write it up), and recorded a podcast to talk about Dominium, which you’ll hear soon. Now, onto the news!
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – OMG, apparently we can talk about it now. How do I know this? ;) There’s a new preview from Space Sector, as well as several new videos from Das24680 (LOVE that guy) showing off the game (which will also be embedded below). I’ve been able to dive in myself recently, so I’ll have my preview up within the next couple of days, as it comes out next week!!!
- EVE Online – Lots of news for this game. First, from the official site, we have dev blogs on hacking in Odyssey as well as planetary conquest changes. From The Mittani, we have more articles covering Odyssey, namely naval battleship rebalancing, dual character training and exploration, as well as a storyline primer for May, 2013.
- Dominium – This game used to be called Dominion, it’s been renamed after getting a C&D from another game of the same name, and is now called Dominium. Other updates cover DRM (or lack thereof), a new station, the Pengari 40 race, and another concept ship. Stay tuned for our podcast with the lead dev soon. :)
- StarDrive – Holy hell, it’s a deluge of reviews!! We have ‘em from IncGamers, BagoGames, Gamespot Australia, IGN, The Tech Scoop, SnackBar Games, VGU, The Page of Reviews, GameInformer, Press2Reset,Overclocker’s Club and GamersGlobal (in German). Wheeeeew, I’m out of virtual breath.
- Star Citizen – A bevy of recent updates, including part six of their writer’s guide, concept art of the planet Armitage, analysys of a Vanduul warship, an in-game ad for the Omni-Bel Ship Dealership and an update to the user support system. Away from the main site, we have two videos of Chris Roberts playing with the Razer Edge, a hotspot video and a full-length video, both of which will be embedded below. Don’t why the different names, they’re both around eight minutes in length.
- Star Trek Online – There have been three new updates discussing the Legacy of Romulus expansion. The first covers Romulan Warbirds stats, the second looks at warp cores, and the final at console set bonuses. Whatever that means. ;)
- Strike Suit Infinity – There’s a new review up from IncGamers.
- Void of Darkness – Two new videos, showing all weapons and one showing cluster bombs. Both with also be embedded below.
- Quintet – Their Android Kickstarter made its goal, so it’ll be coming to Android! Woohoo!
- Artemis – In similar news, this bridge simulation software IS now available for Android. Woohoo! ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new progress update that talks about how…progress on the game is going. ;)
- Retrobooster – There’s a new updated demo out with a bunch of new bug fixes. I really need to give this a whirl again, now that I have a gamepad. :)
- AI War – There’s a new update entitled “So I Rewired It” which contains work going into the next major revision of the game, version 7.0. They’re calling it a “foundational upheavel”.
- Icarus Ascends – These guys have their own website now! Yay!
- Galaxial – There’s a new update on ship fitting, which looks nifty.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode up by the author of the official novel of Elite: Dangerous. Check it out.
Whew, that’s a heckuva lot of news, but we’re not done! We also have DEALS!
- The folks behind Show me The Games are having a huge sale, which you go to their site and get codes for discounts. This includes:
- As part of a larger Deep Silver Sale, you can get these games on Green Man Gaming for a discount (the deals aren’t available in my region, so I apologize, but I can’t see the prices):
- Green Man Gaming also has an EVE Online starter pack for $4.99
Finally, in unrelated news, the Kickstarter for CDF Ghostship has begun. The dev is a really nice guy who frequents our forums, so I wanted to do him a solid. ;)
Thanks for reading guys and gals, and have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 5/10-14/13: The Very, Very Late Edition” »
ai war fleet command, And Here the Wheel, Artemis, beat hazard ultra, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, elite: dangerous, Evochron Mercenary, Icarus Ascends, quintet, retrobooster, smugglers v, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, Strike Suit Infinity, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude
So! Much! Color!
Haaaaaaaaayyyy guuuuuuuuys, how are ya? Sorry for the delay in this week’s podcast episode, but Jim and I were both busier than usual this week with the real life nonsense. That said, we had no guest this past week, so we just caught up on what we’ve been playing, the news and all sorts of other stuff. It was a fun time, so we hope you enjoy it.
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, please feel free to comment on the podcast below (I’m not creating specific forum threads anymore, no one uses ‘em ;) and follow us using RSS and/or iTunes. Thanks for listening!
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #12: A Potpourri of Pew Pew” »
Cosmic Encounter Online, Dark Space, distant worlds, drox operative, Earth & Beyond, Eclipse, endless space, escaping titan, eve online, FTL, Icarus Ascends, Independence War, Jumpgate, legends of pegasus, limit theory, master of orion, Omega Boost, rodina, Salvation Prophecy, star citizen, Star Command, Star Trek Klingon Academy, star trek: starfleet command: orion pirates, stardrive, Strike Suit Infinity, Unstoppable Gorg, x3 albion prelude
Haaaaaaaaaaay friends, happy hump day! We’re this much closer to the weekend, which means more games (for me, anyway)! ;) I’ve come to that point where X3: Albion Prelude is on my review list. I’ve not been a huge fan of the X games for a spell, but I’ll be giving this one a fair shake, and who knows, maybe being forced to stick with it for a spell might help endear me to it. Maybe if I approach it like Euro Truck Simulator 2 in space, I’ll have more fun with it. ;) Anyway, there’s news today, so let’s get to it!
- Dominion – Over on their Kickstarter — which I urge you to visit — there’s a new video of combat in the game, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Ring Runner – According to their Kickstarter, the game’s soundtrack is now available! YAY! You can buy it on Bandcamp for $6 if you didn’t get it through Kickstarter (which I will be, can’t wait!). So far it’s really awesome. Also, they’ll be launching a new version of their website tomorrow.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a May update incoming, but they’ve let us know through Kickstarter that they’ve opened a shop with stuff you can buy. Wheee!
- Void of Darkness – There’s some new shots of the title screen, and a new video showing off mine launchers in the game over on IndieDB, which I’ll also embed below.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s some new artwork showing off the race of Nurds (I have to say, I love it. :)
- Starsector – The dev has released several sketches of the game in progress which are fascinating to look at.
- EVE Online – A few stories here, first from The Mittani, who have word of the latest release of Retribution, as well as news of the latest Caldari offensive. VGN24/7 has coverage of the 3,000 Rifter anniversary battle we mentioned a little while back, which looks wackadoo. The article includes video, which I’ll embed below.
- StarDrive – There’s a new review on Polygon and…I’ll just leave it there…
- Star Citizen – The RSI folks apparently felt the need to clarify the whole lifetime insurance thing.
Finally, the Concept Ships blog has some lovely art from CPTXIN.
That’s it for now folks. Hope y’all are having a lovely day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/8/13: A Spritzing of News” »
Such a Gorgeous World…
Hey guys and gals, how are ya? I just wanted to check in and say hey, and give y’all a me/blog update. ;) As I’ve said, March has been a rough month for me, with lacking time and energy for both gaming in general as well as for this blog. Well, this past weekend I began work to get back into the groove, and it began with Skyrim…12-13 hours of Skyrim over two days, and my GOD do I feel better. I figured I should get some gaming in for me first before I began to tackle the blog again, because the last thing I want this blog to feel like is a chore or anything. That said, tonight I’ll be returning to TIE Fighter and finally, FINALLY diving into X3: Albion Prelude. Thanks again for your patience and your patronage folks, it means the world to me. Have a great day! :)
Insert Serious Newsy Music Here
Hey y’all, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, but this week has been CRAAAAAAAAAZY. I’ve barely even had time to PLAY anything, let alone anything else. Ah well, it happens, but the weekend is here, which won’t leave much time for gaming for ME (goin’ out of down for a day or two), but I hope it does for you folks. ;) There’s a buncha newsy stuff since I missed yesterday, so let’s dive into it!
- EVE Online – From the official site, they report that the game has been featured in Applied Design at the Modern Museum of Art, and a dev blog about shaping the game’s future. Eurogamer reports that the game now has over 500,000 subscribers. Wow. Finally, The Mittani has excellent articles on nerfling HiSec trying to make it too safe, Caldari’s recent vulnerabilities and a falling out in [LOST], one of the game’s largest corps. Whew!
- Rogue System – There’s a new video showing off more of a fighter’s startup sequence. There’s also a video of their segment on Alive and Kicking about their Kickstarter. Great stuff, and as always, embedded after the cut. Speaking of, their Kickstarter could totally use more love, so if you haven’t yet, please go check it out.
- Freespace 2 – The latest version of Freespace Open has been released! This apparently fixes a damage scaling bug in the previous version. Get it now!
- Star Citizen – First off, there’s a lovely new screenshot of a Drake Cutlass over on Facebook, Then, on the official site, there’s a new episode of “The Lost Generation” for y’all to read, as well as a new fan spotlight on some great fan sites.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new dev update video for February that shows off sounds and weapons and missiles, oh my! Can I have this game yet? Please?
- Endless Space – There’s a new dev blog entry showing off screnshots of a new Endless hero, who looks a lot like they’re from TRON, honestly. ;) There’s also a video showing off the early stages from the game from OfficialStuffPlus. Finally, my buddy RobC04 has a review of the game on his blog, in which he calls me “Darth Rubin” for saying the game has no soul. What a saucy bastard. Or something. ;) I command you all to head over there and harass him promptly! ;)
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new blog entry on the progress of their combat prototyping. There’s also an update trying to answer gamers’ questions about the game.
- Deep Space Settlement – So I saved this screenshot of a shipyard from a Twitter feed, and I’m PRETTY SURE it’s for this game, but not 100%. There needs to be a better way to do this…
- StarLife – There are new screenshots of the game’s race selection screen. Looks like it’s all coming together nicely. :)
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev article covering the B’rel retrofit. Totally love that Bird of Prey. Then there’s another blog looking at some new mission entries in the foundry.
- Kerbal Space Program – You can now use a Paysafecard to buy the full version of the game, which you totally should, by George…
- Galactose – There’s a new video showing off some updated graphics, which just look lovely. I also have a preview in the pipe for this one, so stay tuned. And yes, the game really is that crazy. ;)
- X3 – There’s a new update to Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict on Steam which fixes Japanese translation and localization.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new update that adds a new PVP mode called Detonation which sounds fun.
- Dominion – There’s a new post on rendering stars in the game.
- OreSome – There’s a new update on IndieDB which includes a video plus some recent patch notes.
Moving onto deals, we have one today. Armada 2526 Gold Edition has made its way on Steam, and is on sale at 15% off for $16.99. Wait wait, there’s one more deal, it’s Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition for $4.99 on Gamestop.
Next, in kinda related news, there are some lovely new models over on SolCommand, and gorgeous art of a docked ship by Jamie Jones on the Concept Ships blog.
Finally, this isn’t related at all, but the developer of the scary looking FPS Ghostship asked for help in promoting his game, and considering this cool looking game was made by one guy, how could I say no, so there ya go. :)
That’s it folks! I hope you have an excellent day and a wonderful weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 2/28-3/1/13: WEEEEEKEND YEAHHHHHHHH *guitar riff*” »
Armada 2526 Gold Edition, Deep Space Settlement, dominion, endless space, eve online, freespace 2, Galactose, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, oresome, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starlife, sword of the stars ii: enhanced edition, void of darkness, x3 albion prelude, X3: Terran Conflic
Piling it On…
Haaaaaaaaaaayyyy y’all! Happy Tuesday! I hope y’all are having a lovely day! I’m having a great staycation so far my own self! Now, a couple of things before I jump into the news. First, to try and get as much done as possible this week, my plan is to play as many games as I can fit in, take notes, capture screenshots, that sort of thing, then write about ‘em as I have time. Therefore, this week might not be stuffed with content, but there will be a steady stream of content coming out over the next days and weeks as a result, FYI.
Secondly, reader Jake wrote in to request I try a new news format to make it easier to read. Basically start with the game’s name itself after the bullet in bold, followed by the news, so I’m gonna try that now. Please let me know what you think in the comments below. :) Thanks folks!
- Drox Operative – You can now vote for Drox Operative over on Steam Greenlight. You really should too, because it’s a CRIME that the game isn’t on the dang thing.
- Conquest: Frontier Wars – OMG THIS IS FINALLY ON GOG OMG GET IT NOW! ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – Besides my own review below, the folks at IncGamers also posted a review of the game. ;)
- X3: Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict – According to the official forums, there’s a buncha new updates for these games.
- Starmade – Over on IndieDB, the game’s author has gone into more detail on the new faction system.
- Aeon Command – According to their Twitter, the Linux version of the game has been submitted for approval on Desura. It’s already available on GamersGate.
- Dawnstar – Speaking of GamersGate, you can now get Dawnstar there as well as Desura.
- Rubicon – Over on the game’s Kickstarter, there’s word of a new patch, as well as the possibility of the game going open source.
- FTL – Rock, Paper Shotgun has an article that talks with Ben Purdy about FTL’s soundtrack.
- Sword of the Stars II – There’s a new update that offers several critical fixes and changes.
- Excalibur Mod – There’s a new video entitled “Launching the Enterprise” which is awesome, and will be embedded after the cut.
Finally, in spacey game deals, spacey groundy game Salvation Prophecy is on sale at GamersGate for $10, and Paradox has launched their own web store and are celebrating by having a 55% off sale, meaning you can get Sword of the Stars II for $9.
That’s it for today! Have an awesome day y’all, and thanks as always for visiting!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals 1/23/13: A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That…” »
Aeon Command, conquest frontier wars, dawnstar, drox operative, excalibur mod, FTL, rubicon, Salvation Prophecy, starmade, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x3 albion prelude, x3 terran conflict
I Will Throw This Brick of News Through All of Your Windows! ;)
Hey y’all, happy Wednesday, and welcome back from Christmas break (if you had one, that is)! How was everyone’s holiday, and what did y’all get? ;) Mine was awesome, and I hope yours was too! Now with that said, let’s see what’s happened over the break…
- Over on Space Sector, Adam has an interview with Brain and Nerd CEO Brendan Drain regarding Predestination as well as a rather scathing review of Sword of the Stars II.
- Speaking of Predestination, their Kickstarter has been updated with a galaxy map prototype video (embedded after the cut) and more details on colonization, which looks cooler and cooler the more I read about it.
- In FTL news, there’s a new update that adds colorblind mode, specific action hotkeys and a lot more. Forbes also put the game at the top of their Most Challenging Games of 2012 list! Congrats, I think? ;)
- Over on the CRPG Addict (which you might recall inspired this site), he takes a look at the two Space games. I’ve not played Space II yet, but Space was surely a pickle.
- Over on the Kickstarter for Skyjacker, they have a new update covering alternative payment methods, content generation and more. The vids will be embedded below.
- There’s a new update for Vendetta Online which mostly consists of bugfixes.
- PC Gamer has an article about their recent experience with Freespace 2 after a new install with the Freespace Open additions. It’s a good read, but I think I’ve read it before…
- The Star Conflict folks are having a holiday-based contest where you can send your holiday greeting to the community. Pretty cool!
- There’s a new BorderSpace dev update video (embedded below also) which shows off a new H.U.D., new targeting modes and more! It’s SEXY!
- There’s a new mod for X3: Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude called X-Tended – Terran Conflict 2.0 which looks really damned cool. That one is coming up on my review list, so I’ll have to give it a whirl.
- According to 4xgamer, the Star Lords folks have relesed their second alpha (registration required). Wow, I thought that project was dead in the water, so good on them! :)
- Peter over at Matchsticks for My Eyes has his initial impressions of Drox Operative.
- The Galaxial blog has a new post looking at user interface customization, which is nifty.
- Finally, the Sol Command website has some new models of asteroids for your modeling needs.
In non-spacey game news, the folks behind AI War, Arcen Games, have released the beta for their 2.0 version of A Valley Without Wind. All existing owners of AVWW get 2.0 for free, and you can get ‘em both right now on Steam for just $5.99, which is an amazing deal. I put a decent amount of time into AVWW and found it a ton of fun, so I can’t wait for the sequel.
Finally, in deals, Get Games is having their Cheap as Chips sale and you can get Star Wolves, Star Wolves 2 and Star Wolves 3: Civil War for $2.70 each, the chepest I’ve ever seen ‘em, and totally worth it. :)
That’s it for today folks! I hope y’all have a lovely day, and I thank you for visiting and reading, as always! :)
You Want Videos? Right This Way!
ai war, Borderspace, drox operative, freespace 2, FTL, galaxial, predestination, skyjacker, space i, Star Conflict, star lords, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, Vendetta Online, x3 albion prelude, x3 terran conflict
End Your Week with Some Newsiness!
Hey y’all, happy Friday! SO, SO sorry about the lack of news for the last couple of days, lots of busy work stuff that had to be finished and I just had neither the time or the energy. Things have slowed a bit now, so now I can get caught up, so let’s dive in, shall we?
- The BIG BIG news is that Drox Operative has been fully released! YAY! If you have a beta version of the game, you can download a patch to bring it up to 1.000. I’ve spoken about the game at length, if you’re curious to read my thoughts, so if you’ve been waiting for the final version before diving in, now’s the time to try it. Don’t forget there’s a demo too that let’s you get up to level six.
- The next piece of big news is that Steam has announced their next spate of Greelinght-approved titles, and both Blackspace (which is continuing despite a sadly-failed Kickstarter campaign) and Kinetic Void made the cut. Congrats to both teams!
- Next up, Miner Wars 2081 was finally released, and you can get it on Steam and GamersGate, as well as view a launch trailer (also embedded after the cut). This is the mostly single-player version of the game, the MMO will be along later, FYI.
- In Limit Theory news, the folks at Rock, Paper Shotgun also interviewed Josh about his game. ;) There’s also a new update on Kickstarter showing off a video of the ship editor, which I’ll also embed below. :)
- The Kickstarter for Predestination announced that they’ve been 50% funded — yay! — along with revealing new concept art and more. Check it out.
- PC Gamer has an interview with Notch where he speaks of 0x10c, kickstarter and a bunch of other fun stuff. Thanks to Blue’s for the tip.
- According to the dev blog for Star Trek Online, the next update for Season 7 will bring promoted user-generated content, the ability to NPCs and more. Thanks to VG247 for the tip.
- Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for letting us know there’s now a demo for the cool looking spacey shooter Retrobooster, which I have to try. ;)
- GOG has made a bunch more of their games Mac compatible, including Master of Orion 1+2, Star Control 1+2 and Star Control 3. Very cool stuff. I also just noticed this, but they must’ve added the soundtrack for Master of Orion 2 as well, since it wasn’t there when I originally downloaded it.
- There’s a buncha Endless Space news! First, their second free content update was released, called “Echoes of the Endless”. This adds exploration awards, random events, new heroes and tons more. To help celebrate, Steam is having both a free weekend to play the game and is selling it for 50% off as well. Gamasutra has an article looking at the background of Amplutude Studio, and finally, 4xgamer has a nonsensical review of the latest release, which is pretty funny. ;)
- There’s also been a ton of EVE Online newsiness as well. First off, Retribution will be deployed on December 4th, and some new dev blogs have been released detailing corp hanger changes, UI improvements, and the new safe logoff system. They’re also going to be included in the first round of games for an exhibit at MOMA in New York City dedicated to video games, which is very cool.
- Both Star Conflict and the X3 Series have seen updates.
- Finally in gamey news, there’s a new dev diary for Elite: Dangerous talking about how the galaxy evolves over time, and it’ll also be embedded in the cut.
Now, in deals, there’s a bunch to discuss.
- There’s a new bundle at Bundle Stars which includes Star Wolves 2. Currently the price is $6.88 for all of the games.
- If you’d like Star Wolves 3: Civil War, the new Indie Gala bundle lets you get it and other games if you pay currently more than $3.94.
- You can pre-order Iron Sky Invasion for 60% off at Green Man Gaming, bringing the price to $15.99.
- Finally, you can get the amazing Hardwar on sale this weekend at DotEmu for $2.40.
These are some fantastic deals, all told (well, I dunno about Iron Sky yet, but the rest are really awesome).
That’s it folks! I hope y’all had a lovely week, and may you have a fantastic weekend ahead!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals – 11/28-30/12” »
0x10c, blackspace, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, eve online, Hardwar, iron sky invasion, kinetic void, limit theory, master of orion, master of orion ii battle at antares, miner wars 2081, predestination, retrobooster, Star Conflict, star control, star control 2, star control 3, star trek online, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, x3 terran conflict