Hey y’all, me again. Been SO busy lately that the news has just been piling up and up, but now I have some time to finally open the flood gates. With that said, here’s a bunch of spacey news from the last week or two. Again, there are vids and pics this week, so check ’em out below the cut:
- There’s been a bunch of Lunar Flight news, such as it being available on GamersGate, as well as writeups by Rock, Paper Shotgun, The Examiner and Voightkampf.
- Space Sector has a first look at Solstice, a simplistic space-based RTS for PC, iOS and Android. They also have a video of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.
- Speaking of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, the official site has a new preview video (which is embedded below), the beta has gone live for folks who pre-ordered, and Gamespy has a preview.
- There’s been some updates regarding SOL: Exodus, such as a new cockpit view (a video of which you can see below), and word on Steam as to how to check out the beta of the next major revision.
- The Star Conflict site has been updated with some artwork of Imperial ships.
- Even though a beta of Starfarer was just released, you can already read patch notes for the next version, which looks great. There’s also a great looking mod using ships from Star Control II, and a writeup on Rock, Paper Shotgun.
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has been updated with posts on weapons hots and misses, release plans, and progress on combat.
- Lots of bits on EVE Online recently, including an interview with CCP’s CEO and CMO, news that CCP made $66 million in revenue in 2011, and blog posts about Crucible’s 1.1 deployment, their new launcher, a team avatar introduction and a massive post about their upcoming expansion, Inferno.
- According to Arcen Games, a new beta patch for AI War: Fleet Command is out.
- X3: Albion Prelude got an update recently, and someone named “Grubber” made a nearly hour long YouTube video on how to be a pirate in the game, which looks great.
- Miner Wars: 2081 has shown off some new faction ship prefabs which look pretty cool.
- There’s a news update for StarDrive that talks about a new patch and other fun tidbits.
- The Drox Operative blog has a new post about doomsday weapons, and Gamespy has a new interview with Steeven Peeler, the creator.
- There’s new news on the Stellar Impact front! First is a new publishing deal with Meridian4, which should gain them some exposure, as well as some new screenshots, which I tried to download but couldn’t, dangit. Sorry. :(
- Reall Big Sky — the dynamically generated shooter that I really enjoyed — is now available on Steam.
- The Kerbal Space Program blog has been updated with a new story of their history, this time on version 0.4.
- Finally, which generous soul out there wants to buy me this AWESOME Dralthi Kilrathi model from Etsy? ;)
Thanks guys, and I’ll see you next week!