I Have Yet to Find a Better Sale Graphic…
It’s that time folks: Holiday saving season! Steam has just launched their Autumn Sale today, and I’ve not yet had time to go through it, but I plan to soon, so stay tuned as I’ll likely update this post once I find stuff.
Okay, I went through all ninety-plus pages of Steam’s game list and here’s what I found:
FTL is also on sale today at GoG!
Now get out there and get saving! :)
Go! Buy! Save!
Hey kids, how y’all doin’? I’m chiming in to let y’all know that Amazon has started their digital holiday game sales, and you can see a massive list here. Standouts for us space fans include:
So head over there and start saving! Good luck!
Seems Like the Perfect iPad Game…
Hey kids, I am busier than all heckfire today, but I wanted to relay a pleasant surprise from the FTL folks, who’ve been quiet for a while. I’ll let them tell it:
It’s been a long time since we’ve had anything to announce but we have two updates we are really excited to share with you:
FTL: Advanced Edition and FTL on iPad
FTL: AE is a free expansion for all PC platforms. It will contain tons of changes, including:
- New ship systems that greatly alter gameplay.
- New sector and new events created with the help of Tom Jubert and guest writer, Chris Avellone.
- New weapons, drones, equipment, enemy ships, and hostile environments.
- Lots of smaller improvements such as the ability to assign crew stations for quick management.
Additionally, the entire original game and Advanced Edition update will be playable on iPad. We spent a considerable amount of time to get the iPad version as fun as possible and are happy to say it has exceeded our expectations.
We plan to simultaneously make the iPad version available for purchase and update the existing PC game early 2014.
There’s also a new announcement trailer below. Wheeeee!
Our Shields are Collapsing!
Howdy folks, and welcome to this week’s episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast! This week, Jim and I sit down with Producer and Lead Designer Ole Herbjørnsen and Art Director Garret AJ to talk about their currently Kickstarted game, The Mandate. We learn a lot about the game, its evolution, its history and even play around a little with its ship designer and such. It was a damned fun podcast to record, and should make for a fun listen. :)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we hope you enjoy the show, look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or RSS. Thanks for listening! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #34: Hanging Out on a Mandate…” »
MOAR NEWS FOR YOU!
Hello my friends, and happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are more awake than I am! SOOO TIRED! However, there’s news to report, and I’m trying to do this at least regularly enough that nothing gets missed, so let’s do this thing called news!
- Star Citizen – Tomorrow, 10/10/13, is the one year anniversary of the announcement of this game, so the RSI folks will have a celebratory livestream tomorrow, as well as a sale on some ships (ouch, my wallet!), but they’re also running a photo contest. They also passed the $21 million mark, which allows for salvage operations, something I am VERY excited about. There is also a Showdown news update and a guide to the Ellis system.
- Tactical Space Command – This Mac/iOS-only game is very much akin to “Harpoon in space”, as the developer who emailed me to let me know if its existence calls it. It’s pretty cool, so check it out.
- Voindex Frontier – Here’s another game that’s new-to-me, as it were. Looks pretty cool. :)
- SkyJacker – These folks have now launched their fourth Kickstarter campaign, so let’s hope this time they succeed!
- Epic Space Game – Their Kickstarter succeeded!!! YAY! Congrats to Edward and his team!
- Lunar Flight – The official site has an update on the upcoming Oculus Rift build for y’all to gawk at.
- FTL – Over on Quarter to Three, they’re running Starship Week, and there’s a new entry looking at this game and it’s impact (don’t worry, I have some stuff over there too I’ll link to separately).
- Kerbal Space Program – A new edition of KSP Weekly is up, and word that the long-awaited 0.22 version has entered the experimental phase, which brings it that much closer to release.
- Privateer 2 – Some enterprising fans of the game have released a patch which fixes some issues with the GOG version of the game, such as the interlaced video and such. I tried it but it made my joystick go all kerbibble, so I might go without.
- Drox Operative – A new beta patch for the game fixes memory leaks and a host of other issues.
- 90Edges Universe – The official blog has a progress update on how the game is coming along.
- X-Wing – The Old Game Magazines site has an image of an original ad for the game from 1993! Cool! Certainly brings back memories, it does.
- Wing Commander – From the CIC, we get word of both a Hellcat modeled into Wing Commander Academy and a 3D model of good old Bluehair from the first two games.
- Galactose – The official site has word of a new character outline.
- Star Trek Online – We have a couple of blog entries from the developers to look at, one on comm arrays and another on the Avenger-class cruiser (which is a damned sexy ship).
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Apparently they’re getting a 12v12 online space combat arena thingy. Whoopie.
Next up, we have several sales, including:
- First up, Groupees is having a 1C Mega Bundle, in which you can buy two or more games for a SONG, and they include all three Star Wolves games as well as Parkan II, so jump on this as they’re all awesome.
- Speaking of Star Wolves, the Indie Gala Store is having a bundle of all three games for $4.99, but the Groupees bundle is still cheaper.
- Bundle Stars is having a great Quickfire Indie Bundle which includes Space Pirates and Zombies for $3.49, which is a decent deal for the other games you also get as well.
- Finally, FireFlower games is having a Sci-Fi Sale which includes games such as Ring Runner, The Tomorrow War and, again, all Star Wolves games. The prices aren’t the greatest though, but I wanted to make y’all aware of it regardless.
Finally, in related news, the aforementioned Not on Steam Sale is over, but apparently it has a huge success. Also, the latest game from those hardworking folks at Arcen Games, Bionic Dues, is now available.
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!
90Edges Universe, drox operative, epic space game, FTL, Kerbal Space Program, Lunar Flight, Parkan II, Privateer 2, Ring Runner, skyjacker, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, star wolves, Tactical Space Command, the tomorrow war, Voindex Frontier, wing commander, x-wing
Hey folks, welcome to this episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast. This week, Jim and I sit down with George and Preston Stoll, respectfully artist and programmer on PULSAR: Lost Colony, which also just launched its Kickstarter campaign yesterday. Jim and I were furnished with pre-alpha builds of the game, and it gave us a lovely taste of what’s in store for us space game fanatics. It’s a fun and lively discussion, and we learn a lot about the game and what the brothers have planned for it.
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we hope you enjoy the show, look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us on iTunes or RSS. Thanks for listening! :)
Edit: Wow, also, congrats to the team for being approved through Steam Greenlight today!
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #32: Pumped about PULSAR: Lost Colony” »
Beepity Beep Beep Beepity Beep…
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are having a great week so far! On my end, I am tiiiiiiiiiired, so tired I’ve not even felt motivated enough to…*gasp*…play games! I hope that changes soon, but until then, the best I can do is keep y’all informed with newsiness, so here goes! :)
- Paragon – Okay, first off, I need to make a public correction and apology. A few days ago, I called this game out for giving me the “mistaken impression it’s a new game.” The game’s developer wrote me an explanatory email discussing what was going into Paragon to make it “different from Pioneer in practically every way” by the time it’s done, that two of the Pioneer devs also currently work on Paragon and so forth and that they intend the game to be initially free through Steam via Greenlight. I would therefore like to publicly apologize for my previous remarks, and I look forward to seeing the game evolve into something new and unique in time. I try to maintain a positive attitude here, and in this I failed, so again, I apologize.
- Enemy Starfighter – The official site has a new dev blog looking at the lessons learned from PAX while using the Oculus Rift. The Escapist also has a lovely little writeup on the game with some screens I don’t recall seeing before. We’ll also have the developer on our next podcast, so stay tuned! :)
- Drox Operative – The latest patch is out of beta, and adds new quest rewards, fixes a lot of little bugs and so on.
- Star Citizen – You can read some in-game fiction called A Struggle for Goodness, as well as a press roundup covering the game at PAX Prime. They also have some coverage of their forums, which has undergone an overhaul, as well as an interview with Kyle Rockman, tools programmer on the game.
- Kerbal Space Program – The latest edition of the KSP weekly has been released with lots of updatey goodness.
- Galactose – A new blog post discusses drone AI in the game.
- EVE Valkyrie – According to The Mittani, CCP has hired DICE veteran Owen O’Brien to head development of the upcoming VR game.
- EVE Online – The Mittani also has article covering the fall of TGA as well as an in-depth look at SOLAR Fleet.
- Wing Commander – According to the CIC, there’s a new trailer for the Last Line of Defense mod as well as a fan-created Kilrathi keyboard, which is just awesome.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev blog looking at Romulan Tactical Warbirds, which are just so damned sexy it’s ridiculous.
- Predestination – A recent update announced that the first playable beta of the game will be available soon, and it’ll focus on combat! Yay!
- Skyjacker – Milestone R2 of the Starship Constructor is finished and released to backers (yay!), and their Facebook page has some screenshots of their sexy new UI.
- Eterium – The official site has been updated with a screenshot of a large escort mission in progress. Yay, escort missions! ;)
- Drifter – There’s a little Vine video of the main ship’s afterburners in action.
- Star Conflict – A new dev blog talking about the upcoming implementation of corporate logos has been posted.
- Astrobase Command – There’s a new blog post talking about how the game’s progressing, including ranks, crew quarters and so on.
Next up, we have two deals today. First, GOG’s daily sale is Ring Runner for $4.99, which is a steal for how much content this game has and how fun the gameplay is (yes, I’m still working on the review ;). The other deal is that the latest Humble Bundle has launched, and for currently a little less than $5, you can get FTL and several other, non-spacey games.
Finally, I thought this was funny. One of the websites I follow is TVShowsonDVD.com, and when they had an announcement on a new DVD set for a show called Space Rangers, I totally did a triple-take. Sadly, it has nothing to do with the much-beloved Russian game of the same name, but it looks interesting nonetheless.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome one!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Dealsies 9/10-11/13: The Apology Edition” »
Astrobase Command, drifter, drox operative, enemy starfighter, Eterium, eve online, eve: valkyrie, FTL, Galactose, Kerbal Space Program, Paragon, predestination, Ring Runner, skyjacker, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, wing commander
Bring All Guns to Bear!
Helllooo friends, and welcome to another Space Game Junkie Podcast! This week, Jim and I sit down with Chris Adderley and Alex Catamo, the lead developers on Star Villains and Space Heroes. If you’re unaware, Star Villains and Space Heroes isn’t another fighter-based space game (though we all do love those), but rather a game of capital ship combat, something that even this genre is fairly rare (sadly). We talk to Chris and Alex all about their game, plus a bunch of other stuff, as is our usual. :)
Podcast: Play in new window
We hope you enjoy the discussion, look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us via iTunes or RSS. Thanks as always for listening!
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #29: Cap Ships and the Heroes (and Villains) Who Love Them…” »
Battlecruiser 3000 A.D., freespace 2, FTL, Independence War, Kerbal Space Program, Rules of Engagement, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Star Trek Klingon Academy, Star Trek: Armada, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, star villains and space heroes, star wars: tie fighter, Starshatter, Ur-Quan Masters
All The Space Game News That’s Fit to Virtually Print!
Helllooooo my friends, and happy Friday! I hope y’all had a lovely week and a great weekend ahead planned. I don’t think I’ll be getting in much gaming myself this weekend due to awesome RL stuff, but I really can’t complain. What are you guys playing this weekend, if anything? :) Not a lot of news today, so let’s dive into it.
- Void of Darkness – Space Sector has a nice little writeup of the game, and don’t forget to check out our podcast with the developer as well.
- Starsector – There’s a new blog post explaining how hyperspace travel works.
- FTL – According to a new post on their site, the FTL Lego Project is nearing its goal of 10,000 votes, which you can do if you click here.
- Beyond Beyaan – You can now learn more about the ship relocating UI via a post on their blog.
- EVE Online – Over on The Mittani, you can read a theory on Wormhole Space and get an update on the TEST military.
- Star Citizen – If you wanna learn more about Terra (no, not the one in Gone with the Wind, sadly), you can now read a Galactic Guide entry on the system. They’ve also posted part three of A Separate Law and have a fan spotlight on Matthew Fossa, composer of the Wingman’s Hangar theme. I’ll embed this video below.
- Star Conflict – If you’re looking for a deal on an engine or aiming overcharge, you’ll find ‘em in their weekend sale. This weekend also has a special Synergy reward hunt event, so get to hunting my friends.
- Endless Space – A beta patch has been released that, among other things, changes the AI so that it’s empire-specific. Whether this makes it BETTER is anyone’s guess.
That’s it for now! Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News 7/26/13: The Thank-Gawd-It’s-Friday Edition” »
Light News Day…
Hellllllloooooo my friends, and happy Tuesday! Lookit, two days of news in a row! Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?! Ahknowrite? Seriously, it’s been good to breathe, you know? Get some air and have some time and energy to do these news thingamajigs. :) There’s not a ton today, but there’s some good stuff, so let’s dive in!
Speaking of purchase, there are some other deals worth mentioning, such as:
That’s it folks. Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 7/2/13: The Little-Bit-of-This-Little-Bit-of-That Edition” »