Welcome to Battlestation: Harbinger my friends! In this tactical, top-down roguelike, you take your ragtag fleet — which could be made up of 1-3 capital ships and a variety of fighters — to fight your enemies, scrounge for resources and save your race. This game has you jumping from one sector to the next, similar to FTL, but rather than focusing on crew management like that game, Battlestation: Harbinger focuses on tactics and ship management. Your starting ship has several mounts upon which you can mount weapons, defenses and even hanger bays, and each of these can be upgraded individually, or swapped out entirely for new components as you can afford them. It gives you a wide array of toys to play with, which can in turn change your tactics. You take this fleet of yours and complete missions found via stations and wandering vendors throughout your journeys, and how far you get denotes how much experience you get in the end. If you level up, you can start with a more powerful ship. It’s a varied, fun and challenging game that I can’t wait to play more of as it goes to full release. If you’re looking for something that is tactically challenging and viscerally satisfying, check this game out. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Podcast #252 - Starfighter: Infinity 06/19/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week, we'll be talking to the developer of the fantastic space MMO, Starfighter: Infinity.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.