Anyone who knows me knows how much anxiety games like FTL and Tharsis give me, because I’m terrible at managing crew when I know they’re gonna diiiieeeeee. For some reason, I don’t seem to have that same issue here with The Sentient, an early-access crew management and exploration game in which you lead an AI-controlled ship with its human crew to explore the surrounding sectors of Earth. What I like, so far, are the persistent elements such as gaining research and not being able to return to sectors deemed too dangerous because previous ships were lost there. Overall this could be a fun game as it seems to be walk a fine line, for me, between detail and abstraction.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.
- Podcast #253 - DLC (Damn Lacking Content) 07/03/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week on the show, we'll be returning to the topic of DLC.