A Slow Day – Daily Dispatch for 9/5/18
Not a lot going on since the last dispatch. Some news, some deals. We did do a podcast, which was a lot of fun, but that was mostly it. It’s hard to feel creative when you’ve used all your brain fuel on SEO keyword research (which is SO TEDIOUS AND BORING, but it’s a good career, so…).
Last night we talked to the Trese brothers about Star Traders: Frontiers, their latest and largest game. Despite some technical issues — apparently, the Internet was having a lot of outages last night — we had a really fun show. These guys have a great attitude, are really funny, and are heavily invested in the universe they’ve built and the games that take place within it. The MP3 of this will be up tomorrow, Friday at the latest.
- Meeple Station, a co-op space station builder, launched its Kickstarter!
- R-TYPE is coming to Steam and Switch as R-TYPE Dimensions!
- Star Traders: Frontiers has hit its 100th update, and this one adds pointy hats!
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock has a new dev diary talking about upcoming stuff for the game, which looks great.
- Remnant has a small dev update telling us the game is still moving forward. Yay!
- That Tiny Spaceship has a new trailer showing off its new look.
- Star Control: Origins has a new dev article about the game’s art.
- Oh Ship Arena is a new game that dropped on Steam today.
- Nimbatus has a big update for its closed beta.
- AI War 2 got a major performance update today.
- Galaxy Squad looks to be a mix of FTL and X-Com.
- Solar Explorer: New Dawn looks to be a modern Lunar Lander.
- Geneshift — the game we’re playing tomorrow night — is on sale on Humble, and you should all buy it.
What I’ve Been Playing
- It Lurks Below – Got this on sale and spent some time with it. I’m not sure about it yet. The combat is fun, but the crafting is fiddly. Why can’t games that have crafting just have pre-built crap for impatient people like me who don’t wanna build every god damned piece of wall?
- Between the Stars Demo – As we’re having the developer of this game on our podcast next week, we asked for keys to play it. What we were given was a small prologue demo, which seemed to give about an hour of play. Once I got used to the odd controls, I had quite a bit of fun with it, and I can’t wait to play more.
That’s it for today y’all. Have a great one.