Hey everyone, happy Friday! It’s the weekend, and I might actually get to play some games for the first time in over a WEEK. I am going through physical withdrawal, so I NEED to get some gaming in, not only to make the shaking stop, but to put more content on the site. It’s been a CRAZY week! We recorded three podcasts this week, and it was totally, TOTALLY worth all the effort. :) With that said, let’s close the week out with some news. :)
That’s it for gamey news, but we’re not done! There are deals today as well. GetGames is having a Strategy Sale, which includes these space games:
Finally, in somewhat related news, over on SolCommand there’s an updated Blackstar ship model for your modeling use.
Oh, wait, you were wondering where the third podcast was, since we only released two this week. Sorry, silly me, I forgot to mention that WE TALKED TO CHRIS ROBERTS YESTERDAY! OMG! That podcast will go up on Monday, so stay tuned, and have an awesome weekend! ;)
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 3/8/13: Prepping for The Weekend” »
beyond beyaan, dominion, edge of space, endless space, eve online, galaxial, gemini wars, legends of pegasus, rodina, star citizen, stardrive, starpoint gemini
IT OWNS YOU! ;)
The Steam Holiday Sale is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, and here are all the spacey games I’ve been able to find (which is similar to the Thanksgiving sale in a lot of ways):
No go buy stuff! ;)
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, darkstar one, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gratuitous space battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
*glug* SO MUCH *glug* NEWS
AAHHH! SO MUCH NEWS and DEALS! I’m drowning in it! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp!
- *coughing up water* Okay, here’s a bit that both news and a deal! HAH! Didn’t expect that one huh? So y’all remember Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space? Well apparently the folks behind it, Infinite Space Games, severed ties with the folks at Shrapnel Games and can now sell their games on places like Desura and Steam for much cheaper than before. Speaking of cheap, it’ll also be on IndieGameStand starting next Monday! AWESOME. There’s also a new launch trailer you can watch by clicking the link or watching it below. :) This is awesome, as these guys deserve more sales.
- In other big news, Kerbal Space Program will soon be “sandbox complete” with what they’re calling their biggest update yet. To celebrate this and their second anniversary, they’ll be hosting a KerbalKon on November 30th with dev talks, interviews, contests and more! I hope to get an early review copy so I can finally, seriously dive into it and hopefully not crash every time I try to fly anything. ;)
- There’s a lot of Endless Space news today, including a new dev blog entry talking about multiplayer, a new trailer over on Facebook (which is too big to embed below) and a new review over on TruePCGaming.
- Over on the Kickstarter for Limit Theory, Josh wrote a little entry about reaching his funding goals, as did Rock, Paper Shotgun.
- In Star Citizen news, there’s an interview with Chris Roberts from PressPlayOnline (which I’ll embed below) as well as a new FAQ covering insurance and more.
- On the Kickstarter for Dominion – Episode 1, there’s word of a new screenshot and an updated video for the pitch.
- The FTL folks have an update on their Kickstarter page regarding those waiting for physical rewards.
- There a review of Miner Wars 2081 over on Green Lit Gaming.
- Finally, there’s an article on IncGamers about how the publisher model prevented Elite: Dangerous from being made. No further comment on that.
You thought I was done?! HAH, I’ve barely BEGUN! Now we have DEALS!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! First, the dev behind Dangerous let me know that his game is on sale on GamersGate, where you can the game itself for $10, the soundtrack for $4, or the deluxe edition (which includes both) for $12.50. That isn’t all GamersGate has for us today. They also have:
AND THAT’S NOT ALL! The folks at Green Man Gaming are having an Iceberg Interactive sale, which includes these spacey games:
FINALLY, over on the Concept Ships blog, they have some lovely ship designs from Dmitry Vishnevsky.
OMG I can breathe again! WHEW! That took pretty much my entire lunch break to write, so I hope y’all enjoyed it. Have a great day!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Newsies and Dealsies – 11/27/12” »
arvoch alliance, arvoch conflict, dangerous, dominion, elite: dangerous, endless space, evochron legends, FTL, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, miner wars 2081, sol exodus, star citizen, star ruler, starpoint gemini, sword of the stars, weird worlds return to infinite space
You Magnificent Bastard!
Edit 2:Updated as of Black Friday morning with more deals.
Edit 1: This looks like a handily dandily tool to keep track of this stuff. Hope y’all find it helpful. :)
And we’re off! Once again, Steam is giving us the opportunity to throw money at them with another huge sale, the Steam Autumn Sale! So big, it deserves its own post! ;) Now, I don’t know all of the deals as I don’t have the time or energy to go through EEEEEVERYTHANG, but here’s the spacey game deals I did find (and please feel free to mention others in the comments.
First off, there’s an indie games sale which includes the following spacey game deals:
- FTL for $9.99 or with its soundtrack for $13.98. This one could be glitchy since the sale just began.
- Gemini Wars for $11.99
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack for $9.49 (or 75% off the individual game and 50% off each piece of DLC). This one is a STEAL.
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99, which is fantastic.
- Endless Space for $14.99 for the Admiral Edition, $17.49 for the Emperor Special Edition, and $1.70 to upgrade the Admiral to the Emperor Edition.
As for individual games, the ones I know of so far are:
So go have at it! Have fun, spend responsibly, and enjoy! Good luck, and good hunting my friends.
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
Look! News! And Deals Too!
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope all of our friends on the east coast of the US are okay, and that everyone affected by hurricane Sandy recovers quickly and easily. I dunno how to segue into gaming news after that, so I’ll just jump right in:
- The Star Citizen Kickstarter reached $750,000 last night, so every backer gets a AMX-1 Repair Droid in their garage. Nifty! I also forgot to post the second part of Rock, Paper Shotgun’s interview with Chris Roberts the other day, sorries. The official site also has new entries in the Cassandra’s Tears and Tales of the Crimson Kid stories.
- The Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter campaign now has a community Q&A video. I’d embed it, but it’s one of them Kickstarter vids, sorry. They’ve also announced you can customize your rewards as well, if you wish.
- The folks at Amplitude Studios have a new dev blog which gives a quick Halloween update regarding their second add-on for Endless Space.
- There’s a new “Fortress-size It” beta update for AI War which “greatly expands the module variety available to modular fortress owners in champion games”.
- Finally, in news, an EVE Online dev blog has announced the expansion of the buddy program, which looks pretty cool.
Now, we have a buncha sales today too!
- First off, Steam is having a Halloween Sale which includes a ton of games, most notably to us, the fantastic Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49.
- Then, Green Man Gaming is having a Aliens & Space Promo, which includes the following spacey deals:
- Finally, the Stardock folks mentioned that Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale at a few retailers, but so far I can only find it on Gamestop for $4.98.
And finally, in non-spacey game news, the Concept Ships blog has a lovely spaceship painting by MANCHU.
That’s it for today folks, have a great day, and stay safe!
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526 Gold Edition, endless space, eve online, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire trinity, sol exodus, Space Empires IV, space empires: starfury, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star ruler, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, strike suit zero
What? Look, I Know This Image is Stupid, But It’s Tough Finding Free Stock Images of ‘News’. :P
Hey y’all, happy Friday! I’d like to say this first week of daily news digests is going well! It’s keeping me focused on writing SOMETHING each day, and I hope it’s helping keep y’all informed as to all the spacey gamey goodness out there. Now with that said, let’s dive in:
- Sol Trader has been updated with new AI traders, revised UI screens, and save/load functionality. Seems like a good time to try this little beauty, huh? I know I’m gonna.
- According to a press release, the folks behind Iron Sky Invasion are using actors from the film — which I still need to see — in the game, which is pretty cool.
- The folks behind Blackspace posted an update on their Kickstarter page talking about new reward add-ons.
- Also on Kickstarter, the folks behind Ring Runner have announced a new award tier that allows users to help create a whole new skill for the game.
- And in the final Kickstarter update, the folks behind M.O.R.E. have announced that their game has been fully funded. Congrats to them!!!
- Paste Magazine has a great review of FTL up.
In today’s deals, we have a couple worth mentioning:
Thanks to Bryan for this tip! The folks at GetGames are having a Sci-Fi Sale
which includes the following spacey games (which are all pretty good deals in my opinion):
In non-space-gamey news, Cliff Harris — the bloke behind Gratuitous Space Battles – announced that after many years, his game Diplomacy 2 is finally on Steam! Congrats Cliff! Finally, there are some fantastic spaceship paintings by Adrien Girod over on the Concepts Ships blog.
That’s it for now y’all! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Armada 2526, blackspace, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, iron sky invasion, m.o.r.e., o.r.b., really big sky, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, sol trader, Space Empires IV, star fury, star ruler, starpoint gemini
Two of My Favorite Things. ;) Space Game News and Coffee.
Hey y’all, how are ya? We all by now should know the BIG NEWS of the day (look down if you missed it ;), but other stuff happened too! Check it:
- There’s a look at Star Citizen over on Rock, Paper Shotgun. BIG NEWS!
- You can now get a copy of the cool looking spacey simmy sandboxy game Dangerous over on GamersGate. I need to review this one soon, only played a teensy bit of it but I enjoyed it!
- Vendetta Online has recently been updated to version 1.8.230, and will also apparently be available directly on Windows 8 and Windows RT through the Windows Store.
- The Rodina website has been updated with a new post with some scant details and a video (which I’ll embed after the cut) of their FTL drive, called the Limnal Drive.
- There’s a new beta patch (version 0.924) for Drox Operative which “adds bonus skills for high base crew points, adds damage bonuses/penalties for different damage/defense type combinations”. Awesome!
- I was just notified today that the fun-looking space tug of war game Aeon Command now has a release date: October 30th! Congrats to them! For more info on the game, you can check out my Q&A with the developer, or these lovely screenshots they sent along. :)
- In even more news, the Star Conflict site has a new video from some Brazilian players entitled “RaptorStealth in Slow Motion” which I’ll also embed after the cut. It’s got some hot spaceshippy action which makes me wonder if this thing actually hit release and I just missed it. Time to look into that. ;) (Edit: Nope, still pre-release, but I should look into it regardless ;).
In the deals column, you can get Starpoint Gemini over on GamersGate for $5.99 today only. Finally, in non-spacey news, there are some new awesome concept ship designs by John Wallin Liberto over on the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it for now. Have an awesome day y’all!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals – 10/10/12” »
Starpoint Gemini is On Sale!
Thanks to Ned on Broken Forum for this deal out. Starpoint Gemini is Steam’s Daily Deal, coming in at $8.49 today. I enjoyed the heck out of it, if that tells you anything. Enjoy! :)
Space Games for Cheap!
Hey y’all, hope you’re having a lovely weekend. I just wanted to let y’all of some deals going on involving some spacey game goodness. First is the Indie Royale Back to School Bundle which includes Lunar Flight for around $6 as I write this.
Secondly is the Bundle in a Box Deep Space Bundle, which includes:
- Space Giraffe
- Death Ray Manta
- The Wreckless (which I’ve played and is pretty fun)
- Dark Scavenger
- and Armalyte for the minimum price of $0.99
- If you beat the average of $4.58 as I write this, you also get Sol: Exodus (review here), Miner Wars Arena and RobotRiot
Along with some nice extras, which I might snag just the the soundtracks and such.
Finally, Gamestop/Impulse is having a Top 100 Under $10 sale, which includes the following spacey games:
The Nordic and SotS bundle are, IMO, the best deals here, with Starpoint Gemini also being worth ten bones easily.
Some good stuff here, so whatever you get, I hope you enjoy! Have a great day!
Armalyte, Dark Scavenger, Death Ray Manta, genesis rising, Lunar Flight, Miner Wars Arena, RobotRiot, sol exodus, space force: rogue universe, Space Giraffe, starpoint gemini, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, the tomorrow war, the wreckless, x3 gold
Gaining a Larger Foothold in Space Gaming?
Last month, publisher Iceberg Interactive acquiring the publishing rights to three upcoming space games, StarDrive, Endless Space and the boxed collector’s edition of SOL: Exodus. Wondering if this was a trend, I contacted my press contact over at Iceberg to see if I could do a Q&A about all this, and more. I recently received the answers from CEO Erik Schreuder, which give a lot of insight into these recent acquisitions and much more. Please read the answers below, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “Iceberg Interactive Q&A: Bringing Passion to Publishing” »