IT OWNS YOU! ;)
The Steam Holiday Sale is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, and here are all the spacey games I’ve been able to find (which is similar to the Thanksgiving sale in a lot of ways):
No go buy stuff! ;)
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, darkstar one, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gratuitous space battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
Not Much News on the Wire Today…
Hey y’all, happy Wednesday! I’m still on the mend, but feeling better, in case y’all were wondering, which is great because it’s less than a week now before Christmas, yay! I hope y’all thought long and hard about what y’all are gonna get me, I have HUGE expectations! ;) Seriously, folks, every visit and comment is a gift to me, so again, thank you. :) Now, not a lot of news today, unsurprisingly, so let’s get to it! Remember, any video that I can embed will be so after the cut below. :)
- According to a press release I was sent, the third expansion for Endless Space, entitled “Lights of Polaris“, has now been released. This adds a “no pirates” option (WOOHOO!), Steam achievements and so on. You can see some shots of the new expansion on Iceberg Interactive’s Facebook.
- There’s a new update on the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter that features a call to arms as well as a new teaser video. I’m sure the fourteen folks laid off last week from Frontier Developments are thrilled to watch it. Maybe. (Sorry, something about that bugs me, enough to say so publicly.)
- There’s also a new trailer for Galactose: Pastries in Space which looks like a ton of fun. I seriously need to sit down and play my copy. Speaking of which, they’re still looking for playtesters. ;)
- Finally in news (seriously, that’s it, I’m not even kidding), the folks over at Rock, Paper Shotgun have an interview with Squad, the developers of Kerbal Space Program, which is a fun read.
We’re not done yet though. GOG is having an End of the World sale and it’s a BIGGIE. Seriously, tons of awesome games are even more discounted than they were just a day ago during their regular holiday sale. For spacey gamers, this includes the following:
That’s it for today folks. Have a lovely day ahead, and thanks for visiting!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey NewsiDealsNess – 12/19/12” »
elite: dangerous, endless space, fragile allegiance, Galactose, haegemonia, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, Independence War Deluxe Edition, Kerbal Space Program, master of orion, master of orion ii battle at antares, moonbase commander, nexus the jupiter incident, star control, star control 2, star control 3
OMG! A SALE!
Hey y’all, GOG’s 2012 DRM-Free Holiday Sale has begun, and they have 50% off nearly every dang thing, plus they’ll be having daily deals with 75% off a particular game each day as well! For spacey gamers, this means the following:
There are a ton of classics on there, so if you don’t already own ‘em, snag ‘em now! Happy shopping! :)
darkstar one, Descent 1, descent 2, descent 3, Descent: Freespace, fragile allegiance, freespace 2, FTL, haegemonia, Independence War, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, Master of Orion 1, master of orion 2, master of orion 3, nexus the jupiter incident, Star Control 1, star control 2, star control 3, star wolves, Starflight 1, starflight 2, Wing Commander 1, wing commander 2, Wing Commander 3 Heart of the Tiger, Wing Commander 4 The Price of Freedom, Wing Commander: Privateer
You Magnificent Bastard!
Edit 2:Updated as of Black Friday morning with more deals.
Edit 1: This looks like a handily dandily tool to keep track of this stuff. Hope y’all find it helpful. :)
And we’re off! Once again, Steam is giving us the opportunity to throw money at them with another huge sale, the Steam Autumn Sale! So big, it deserves its own post! ;) Now, I don’t know all of the deals as I don’t have the time or energy to go through EEEEEVERYTHANG, but here’s the spacey game deals I did find (and please feel free to mention others in the comments.
First off, there’s an indie games sale which includes the following spacey game deals:
- FTL for $9.99 or with its soundtrack for $13.98. This one could be glitchy since the sale just began.
- Gemini Wars for $11.99
- Gratuitous Space Battles Complete Pack for $9.49 (or 75% off the individual game and 50% off each piece of DLC). This one is a STEAL.
- Galaxy on Fire II HD for $9.99, which is fantastic.
- Endless Space for $14.99 for the Admiral Edition, $17.49 for the Emperor Special Edition, and $1.70 to upgrade the Admiral to the Emperor Edition.
As for individual games, the ones I know of so far are:
So go have at it! Have fun, spend responsibly, and enjoy! Good luck, and good hunting my friends.
aces of the galaxy, ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, Evochron Mercenary, FTL, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, nexus the jupiter incident, sol exodus, Space Empires V, space pirates and zombies, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, x superbox
Lots of News for Today’s Update!
Happy Monday y’all! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a great week ahead. To help things start off on a positive note, here’s today’s latest spacey game news!
- In Kickstarter news, the ScrumbleShip Kickstarter has about 50 hours left as I write this, yet has made their funding goals. Yay! In less positive news however, the Blackspace kickstarter has three days left, yet isn’t even at 50% of their goals, so I implore you to check it out and, if you like what you see, kick ‘em something to help ‘em out. Remember, if you know of a spacey gamey Kickstarter I’ve not covered yet (has to be PC or Mac, FYI), please let me know.
- The Blackspace folks also have a new post on their Kickstarter page explaining where the money they’ll get is going to.
- According to Rock, Paper Shotgun, Chris Roberts’ Star Citizen has already brought in $730,000 in crowdfunding. I plan on adding to that total soon my own self. ;) There’s also a great FAQ thread on their forums with a lot of info, and a great article on Gamasutra entitled, “Why Wing Commander‘s Chris Roberts turned to crowdfunding“.
- In Nexus 2 news, their Kickstarter page has been updated with a note on ships and ship management. Secondly, and thanks to VidMaster for this tip, a fellow on YouTube named “The One Source of Truth” has a video entitled “Introduction to Nexus – Why we need Nexus 2 (Part 1)” which is pretty cool, and I’ll embed after the cut.
- Also on YouTube is a new video from the M.O.R.E. folks showing their space battles module, which I’ll also embed after the cut. There’s also an update about it on their Kickstarter page if you’d like to learn more.
- Over on the Ring Runner Kickstarter page, they have word of a new demo, which I am itching to try.
- According to the EVE Online news page, Inferno 1.3 will be deployed tomorrow. The patch notes for the update are here.
- The Rubicon website has screenshots of the release version (which is free, by the by) for your viewing pleasure.
- The ”Apply MkIII Sanding Machine” beta 5.093 patch has been released for AI War.
- Eurogamer has an article detailing more about Minecraft creator Notch’s upcoming space hame 0x10c, which includes a video I’ll embed below. In speaking of landing on planets, Notch said, ”The goal is to have it feel a bit like Firefly,” which TOTALLY has sold me. ;) Take my love, take my land…
- On the Matrix Games forums discussing the as-yet-fully-announced expansion for Distant Worlds, Matrix’s Erik Rutins confirmed the inclusion of gravitic weapons, or “Tractor/Repulsor beams and singularity creation (though perhaps not in the way that you might expect).” What I EXPECT is to be able to create black holes, SIR. ;)
- Over on Steam, updates for both Sword of the Stars II and Really Big Sky have been released.
That’s it for now! If more comes up I’ll update this post as I get it. Thanks guys, and have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News – 10/15/12” »
0x10c, ai war fleet command, blackspace, distant worlds, eve online, m.o.r.e., nexus 2, nexus the jupiter incident, really big sky, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rubicon, ScrumbleShip, star citizen, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, wing commander
Still Crazy Beautiful After All These Years.
Thanks to Giaddon over on Quarter to Three for this tip. AWESOME starship tactical sim Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is on sale today at GOG for only $3.99. That is a freaking STEAL for a game this beautiful, awesome, challenging and detailed. I suggest y’all pick it up ASAP and enjoy the hell it’ll throw at you, for it is marvelous. :) Have fun!
Edit:GOG also has a fun article talking about some mods for the game, including one that models Freespace 2! Can’t wait to try ‘em!
This Could Still Grace our Screens!
So y’all might recall some time ago that the folks at Most Wanted Entertainment put up a campaign for a sequel to their excellent Nexus: The Jupiter Incident on a Kickstarter-like site called Games Plant. Sadly, nothing ever came of it. Recently — thanks to a request from reader “frptunz” — I followed up with my contact over at Most Wanted to see what happened. Apparently,
Yes, unfortunately Games Plant was a failure and it buried Nexus 2 as well.
HOWEVER, in the next sentence:
BUT… :) we are currently preparing a new campaign on Kickstarter, which should start in a few weeks’ time.
SO HOLY CRAP, Nexus 2 might still happen! Woohoo! To learn more about Nexus 2, please check out my Q&A with the developers, and stay tuned as I’ll bring you more on this as I get it! Thanks for reading!
Nexus 2 will 'Splode if It Doesn't Get Funded.
Since I finally got a job, I went ahead and donated to help fund Nexus 2, the sequel to the awesome Nexus: The Jupiter Project. I noticed that the project has less than a month left to meet its goals, and only has 26% of the funding it needs, so if you can lend some support, please do so. Thanks! :)
Steam Holiday Sale Season's Greetings!
Steam is having its massive Holiday Sale, and many of the games I mentioned in my buying guide are on sale, including:
So if you don’t own any of these, get ‘em while they’re hot and cheap! Enjoy!
Instead of "ho ho ho" he says "pew pew pew". ;)
So it’s the time of year where presents must be bought, whether for friends or loved ones, and if you have that person in your life that loves space games, or is new to space games and wants to play more, it can be confusing to know what to get ‘em. There are a goodly amount of choices out there when it comes to computer-based space games, but they all cater to different desires. Does the person for whom you plan to buy a space game prefer piloting a spaceship? Or maybe they want to be more of a tactician, commanding their forces like an admiral, or maybe they want to even control an entire space empire?
I’ve thought of the games that are still for sale these days, whether newish or not, and have come up with a list that I feel could cater to any space game fan, new or old. Click below to check out the list, complete with links to the various places you can buy the games listed.
Continue reading “2011 Space Game Holiday Buying Guide” »
ai war fleet command, arvoch alliance, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, Evochron Mercenary, freespace 2, Independence War, independence war 2, master of orion, master of orion ii battle at antares, nexus the jupiter incident, space pirates and zombies, Space Rangers 2, star wolves, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, starpoint gemini, x3 terran conflict