So Many Pieces of News…
Haaaaaaaayyyyy folks, happy Whenever-I-Finally-Post-This! ;) I hope these last weeks have found you all well, and less busy/tired than I’ve been. ;) I’ve just not had time to do the news (or much else) in the past several weeks. That’s a-changing though, for a couple of reasons. First, work is slowing down, so I’ll have more physical and mental energy to put toward the blog. Secondly, I found I was more productive on the blog before my awesome girlfriend moved in, so I’ve come up with the hopeful solution of setting aside certain nights of the week, and weekends when I have time, to dedicate time and energy solely to this blog. This should help me find a better balance and begin to put out content more regularly again. :)
As for news, let’s just dive in, as there’s a TON to go over (so much so I’m putting it under a cut):
Enjoy the Onslaught…
0x10c, ai war, And Here the Wheel, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, dominion, drox operative, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, FTL, Galactic Domination, Galaxy on Fire II HD, imperium galactica, Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, OpenIG, oresome, predestination, rodina, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, Starflight II, starlife, starmade, starsector, starstrategy, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, Tradewars, Tradewars Rising, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x rebirth
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online
So! Many! Videos! *glug*
Hey y’all, happy Monday! I hopy y’all had a great weekend and, sadly like me, are back to work (kidding, I am SO VERY HAPPY I have such an awesome job). ;) Even though it’s a Monday, we don’t have to a have a case of such, so let’s start the week off right with some spacey game news. :)
- Beyond Beyaan – The big news of the day is that the Kickstarter for Beyond Beyaan began this morning, so that Brent can help spruce the game up some. Head on over and give it a look see! :) I’ll also embed the pitch video below. :) The dev is also giving away some Master of Orion keys over on the GOG forums, so be sure to check that out.
- Rogue System – There’s a new teaser video available that shows some LOVELY shield splash effects that y’all need to see, and I’ll also embed it below. :)
- Enemy Starfighter – Speaking of new videos, there’s a new vid of this game showing off fighter speeds, which I’ll also embed below.
- EVE Online – According to The Mittani, there was a 3,000 ship fight in LowSec this past weekend that you have to freaking see to believe. Apparently fifty dreadnoughts were lost, and nearly forty carriers alone among all sides, which included over 700 corporations and 200 alliances. Holy crap, I tells ya. Eurogamer also has words on this.
- Kerbal Space Program – You can read a new preview over on IGN, and see some new videos over on Twitch.TV that were recorded over the weekend.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new preview up on LevelSave that’s a fun little read.
- Dominion – These guys have a new dev blog for y’all to follow with an RSS feed! YAY RSS feeds! I live off ‘em, for serious.
- StarLife – Thanks to 4xgamer for pointing out some new videos of the game, which I’ll embed below. Note: Their new site needs an RSS feed, for serious. ;) I mean sure, they have a mailing list too, but c’mon. ;)
- X3: Reunion – According to this forum thread, there’s a new build of the Linux version of the game for testing.
- ScrumbleShip – Both the game’s Kickstarter and IndieDB page has more detail about it’s latest 0.20 release, which has a ton of features such as Mac support, new GUI options and much more.
- StarMade – New version 0.089999 (nope, not making that number up) adds a new catalog system which makes for easier searching and faster gameplay, apparently. I need to try it myself to be sure. ;)
- OreSome – Apparently there’s a new first look video from Riddler Gaming er…looking at the game (embedded below), and their IndieDB page has listed several recent changelogs.
- Drifter – The developer posted a new screenshot in which he’s going sightseeing in the game. WANT NOW PLZKTHNXBYE.
- X-Wing – The Game Jar reminisces about the game a little bit.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great one! :)
I Got’cher Videos Right Here Pal! ;)
beyond beyaan, dominion, drifter, enemy starfighter, eve online, Kerbal Space Program, master of orion, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, ScrumbleShip, Star Wars: X-Wing, starlife, starmade, x3 reunion
Bring On the News!
Hey everyone, happy Friday! As this will very likely be the last thing I post before Christmas day, I wanted to wish all those who celebrate the holiday a joyous, fun, and present-filled holiday. :) Now let’s jump into some news and deals!
- First up the Emeny Starfighter site has been updated with two awesome videos showing some fun, short bits of the game. I’ll embed these below, but be sure to check ‘em out, especially the one showing things getting blowed up. ;)
- Okay, get this folks. There’s a new update for one of the Distant Worlds expansions, but not Legends, rather, Return of the Shakturi. That’s kinda crazy awesome. Apparently, “v188.8.131.52 update incorporates all the bug fixes and performance improvements from Distant Worlds: Legends,” which is pretty cool if you’ve not purchased Legends yet.
- Star Trek Online Community Manager Brandon “BranFlakes” Felczer was interviewed on the Deck Eight podcast.
- The Limit Theory Kickstarter has been updated with talk on creating a faction and a new tech demo, which I’ll embed below. Definitely looking awesome!
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has posted an excellent review of Drox Operative that anyone on the fence about getting the game needs to read.
- Iteration 14 of Void Destroyer has been released, which includes a new command mode, turret enhancements and more!
- The Vendetta Online folks have released their holiday newsletter, which offers some free time for previous subscribers and so on.
- The Star Conflict folks are now offering gold standards for victories in battles, which can be used as currency in the game it seems.
- Finally, the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter has been updated with video of a scavenger hunt (embedded below) as well as some other useful links. Whoopiedeedoo.
Now onto deals, of which there are a bunch today. First off, GamersGate’s holiday sale seems to be in full force, and they have the following funness:
WHEW. Now, we’re not done yet, because DotEmu is also having a sale, which includes the following:
NOW we’re done, and I need a nap. ;) Again, have a wonderful and festive holiday folks, and thanks as always for visiting. :)
Get’cher Videos Right This Way, Folks!
dark matter, darkstar one, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, drox operative, elite: dangerous, enemy starfighter, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galactic dream, gratuitous space battles, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, Independence War Deluxe Edition, limit theory, master of orion, master of orion 3, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, Star Conflict, star fury, star trek online, stellar impact, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer
Some Good Newsiness Today!
Hey y’all, happy Thursday! I’ve got a bunch of news for y’all today, but first, a bit of news of my own. First, after the recent video showing some actual dang gameplay, I re-backed the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter, since it actually is beginning to look like a mature campaign worthy of my time. My Kickstarter SEO tips still stand though. ;) Secondly, I realize I’ve been lax with opinion pieces of late, which I realize now is due to my lack of confidence in expressing my own opinions outside of reviews and such. Weird, right? So to help conquer this issue, I’m now gonna write an op-ed once a week at minimum, if not more. I already have some topics to cover, but if there’s something you’d like to get me talking about, feel free to send me your ideas. :) Now, with that said, onto the actual news. ;)
- First off, thanks to Gremlin over at Gamers with Jobs for making me aware of a new space combat game in development called Enemy Starfighter, which looks pretty damned cool (why we don’t see dyanmic campaigns in space sims more, I’ve no idea…). You can see a prototype video on YouTube or after the cut.
- Also, Ercole Spiteri let me know via Twitter that they have a prototype Solar System Colonization Game that you can learn more about over on their Space Sim Central forum thread.
- The Predestination Kickstarter has a new update covering new stretch goals, single player missions and so on.
- The Kickstarter for FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior has a new update covering the state of the game and Kickstarters in general that’s a pretty good read.
- There’s a new update of Evochron: Mercenary that’s being termed an expansion, which introduces new systems, options graphics and so on, and you can read more on the game’s FAQ. Gotta try this out ASAP. :)
- You can totally now buy Drox Operative over on GamersGate if you’d like another option that buying it directly. :) There are also some impressions of the game over on Indie Statik.
- I totally swore off FTL for a while after all the anxiety it gave me, but this recent Serenity mod is cool enough not only to get me to report it here, but possibly enough to get me to play the game again. ;) Speaking of FTL, it’s on sale on GOG today for $4.99.
- In EVE Online news, they’ve announced you can now buy tickets for FanFest 2013 (10th anniversary for the game too, wow), and that now you’ll be receiving Christmas gifts in the game starting today. :)
- The blog for Limit Theory has a new post regarding procedurally generated space stations that looks really awesome. :)
- Finally, the Star Trek Online dev blog has announced Featured Project Rerun, which allows fleets to complete pleviously run Fleet Starbase and Embassy Featured Projects, which apparently lets players customize the interiors of their holdings. Neat.
That’s it for today folks! Have a great one!
You Want Video? Right This Way Folks!