The Glory of an Enemy on Fire…
Hello my friends, and welcome to this episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast! This week, Jim and I sit down with Mike Tipul, lead developer on a game I and many others are excited about, Enemy Starfighter. As we were insanely lucky to get a playable copy before the show, we kind of jumped in head first right from the get go with all manner of questions and suggestions for the game, and it leads to a very fun, spirited discussion. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us through RSS or iTunes. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #30: Fighting Behind the Lines in Enemy Starfighter” »
Beepity Beep Beep Beepity Beep…
Hey folks, happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are having a great week so far! On my end, I am tiiiiiiiiiired, so tired I’ve not even felt motivated enough to…*gasp*…play games! I hope that changes soon, but until then, the best I can do is keep y’all informed with newsiness, so here goes! :)
- Paragon – Okay, first off, I need to make a public correction and apology. A few days ago, I called this game out for giving me the “mistaken impression it’s a new game.” The game’s developer wrote me an explanatory email discussing what was going into Paragon to make it “different from Pioneer in practically every way” by the time it’s done, that two of the Pioneer devs also currently work on Paragon and so forth and that they intend the game to be initially free through Steam via Greenlight. I would therefore like to publicly apologize for my previous remarks, and I look forward to seeing the game evolve into something new and unique in time. I try to maintain a positive attitude here, and in this I failed, so again, I apologize.
- Enemy Starfighter – The official site has a new dev blog looking at the lessons learned from PAX while using the Oculus Rift. The Escapist also has a lovely little writeup on the game with some screens I don’t recall seeing before. We’ll also have the developer on our next podcast, so stay tuned! :)
- Drox Operative – The latest patch is out of beta, and adds new quest rewards, fixes a lot of little bugs and so on.
- Star Citizen – You can read some in-game fiction called A Struggle for Goodness, as well as a press roundup covering the game at PAX Prime. They also have some coverage of their forums, which has undergone an overhaul, as well as an interview with Kyle Rockman, tools programmer on the game.
- Kerbal Space Program – The latest edition of the KSP weekly has been released with lots of updatey goodness.
- Galactose – A new blog post discusses drone AI in the game.
- EVE Valkyrie – According to The Mittani, CCP has hired DICE veteran Owen O’Brien to head development of the upcoming VR game.
- EVE Online – The Mittani also has article covering the fall of TGA as well as an in-depth look at SOLAR Fleet.
- Wing Commander – According to the CIC, there’s a new trailer for the Last Line of Defense mod as well as a fan-created Kilrathi keyboard, which is just awesome.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev blog looking at Romulan Tactical Warbirds, which are just so damned sexy it’s ridiculous.
- Predestination – A recent update announced that the first playable beta of the game will be available soon, and it’ll focus on combat! Yay!
- Skyjacker – Milestone R2 of the Starship Constructor is finished and released to backers (yay!), and their Facebook page has some screenshots of their sexy new UI.
- Eterium – The official site has been updated with a screenshot of a large escort mission in progress. Yay, escort missions! ;)
- Drifter – There’s a little Vine video of the main ship’s afterburners in action.
- Star Conflict – A new dev blog talking about the upcoming implementation of corporate logos has been posted.
- Astrobase Command – There’s a new blog post talking about how the game’s progressing, including ranks, crew quarters and so on.
Next up, we have two deals today. First, GOG’s daily sale is Ring Runner for $4.99, which is a steal for how much content this game has and how fun the gameplay is (yes, I’m still working on the review ;). The other deal is that the latest Humble Bundle has launched, and for currently a little less than $5, you can get FTL and several other, non-spacey games.
Finally, I thought this was funny. One of the websites I follow is TVShowsonDVD.com, and when they had an announcement on a new DVD set for a show called Space Rangers, I totally did a triple-take. Sadly, it has nothing to do with the much-beloved Russian game of the same name, but it looks interesting nonetheless.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome one!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey Dealsies 9/10-11/13: The Apology Edition” »
Astrobase Command, drifter, drox operative, enemy starfighter, Eterium, eve online, eve: valkyrie, FTL, Galactose, Kerbal Space Program, Paragon, predestination, Ring Runner, skyjacker, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, wing commander
Help Me Puppy! I’m Burred in News!
Holy crap, newsiness! It’s been a while since I posted some of this stuff, but DAAAAAYUM has life been crazy. Work has been INSANE, home life has been busy and I had a weird slightly-depressive funk I had to work my way through (nothing bad, just turning 40 stuff mostly), but things are balancing out again, which means it’s time for NEWS, and hooooooly crap is there a ton (over 180 items). Several weeks worth of stuff from all over the map (so much so that this post will likely be written over a mult-day period). This post will be so damned big I’ll have to put it behind a cut just to help make the front page look sane, so here goes…
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals 8/10/13-9/3/13: A News Post So Big I Hope It Doesn’t Break the Site…” »
0x10c, Aeon Command, ai war, Artemis, Astrobase Command, beyond beyaan, Deep Space Settlement, Deuteros, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, drox operative, elite, elite: dangerous, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, Eterium, eve online, eve: valkyrie, freespace 2, freespace open, galactic civilizations ii, Galactose, Galaxia Conquestum, Galaxy Union, GoD Factory: Wingmen, horizon, Infinite Pixels, Infinite Space 3, Kaiser Earth, Kerbal Space Program, Last Jungle in Sector 17, limit theory, Lunar Flight, m.o.r.e., Master of Orion II, Obliterate Everything 2 Gold, Open Imperium Galctica, PULSAR: Lost Colony, quintet, retrobooster, rodina, solar war, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, star villains and space heroes, starpoint gemini ii, starsector, StellarBrink, strike suit zero, sword of the stars, System Lords, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, wayward terran frontier, wing commander, x rebirth, x3 albion prelude, x3 terran conflict
Freaking Yay! News!
Hellllooooo friends, and happy Friday! What a freaking WEEK this has been, so busy and full of stuff, yet I am so, SO thrilled its over. I’ll likely not get any gaming time this weekend since I’ll be in San Diego for a Transformers convention (yeah, I’m one of THOSE people ;), but I’ve gotten some good gaming in lately, what about you guys? We have some fun news and deals to finish off the week, so let’s dive in!
- Star Citizen – There’s a live stream thingy going on RIGHT NOW, and as part of that, they’ve revealed new stretch goals, a new Avenger fighter and a new website! If you have an account on the site, head over there ASAP to migrate your account from the old site to the new one. Man, the 300i is still for sale. Speaking of ships, each one costs $35,000 or more to produce, according VGN24/7. Wheeee!
- Ring Runner – According to a press release, the game will be available finally on July 9th! Yay! If you’ve don’t know why I’m excited, check out our podcast with the lead dev. :)
- Retrobooster – Terry, the lead programmer, wrote in to mention that tomorrow there’s going to be this day-long thingy called The Greenlight Supershow which showcases several games that are on greenlight including this one, Syder Arcade and GoD Factory: Wingmen. Check it out if you can, Retrobooster will be on at 10:30 PM, Syder Arcade will be on at 11:30 AM, and GoD Factory: Wingmen will be on at 5:30 PM, all Eastern time. If I was gonna be at home tomorrow, I’d totally tune in, but alas…
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Speaking of this game, the Penny Arcade Report has an article looking at the dev team behind the game.
- Outer Wilds – Thanks to Therlun over on Broken Forum for the lead on this one. It looks like a space exploration game, but the twist is that the universe resets every 20 minutes except for your character. Love that, so I have to try it, as do you all, since y’all can download it. ;)
- Enemy Starfighter – New update, yay! This one includes some screenshots of the game’s terrain generator. Waaaaant.
- Dominium – Their blog has a lengthy post on weapons which looks like a great read.
- Star Trek Online – The latest Summer Event is now live, and focuses on the newly-released Risian resort island. Man, Risa is always trouble, I’d stay away…
- Galactose – Seems like they took our advice and posted an update! This time we get to see new art! Yay!
- Freespace Open – The folks at Hard Light are having a modding contest, and they’ve now opened it to first-time modders, so go check it out!
That’s not all folks, we have some deals on Steam today, which include:
- Space Pirates and Zombies can be played for FREE this weekend on Steam, and is freaking 80% off at only $1.99. If you’ve not played this gem of a game, GO AND DO SO NOW.
- Endless Space is having a weekend deal in Steam, and you can get the base game for $10.19 and with the new Disharmony expansion for $17.49.
- StarDrive is the daily deal on Steam today, and you can get it for 50% off at $14.99.
In related news, Space Sector has an article on the technology behind making a 4X game. Then, Brent of Beyond Beyaan fame wrote in to let us know thats some folks at American Southern University have launched the “Save Atari” project which strives to raise money through IndieGoGo to acquire the various properties on sale from Atari through it’s bankruptcy proceedings. It’ll be interesting to keep an eye on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related stuff, the dev behind the Race to Mars Kickstarter wrote in and asked me to help pimp their project, so there ya go. ;)
That’s it folks. Have an awesome weekend! :)
beyond beyaan, Dominium, endless space, enemy starfighter, freespace open, GoD Factory: Wingmen, Outer Wilds, retrobooster, Ring Runner, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star trek online, stardrive, syder arcade
Welllllllcome to episode #16 of the Space Game Junkie podcast. This week, Jim and I have no guest and the baaaaarest thread of a topic. This results in what has to be the most random, off-topic podcast we’ve done yet. I mean what other space game podcast (is there one?) talks about space pirates, Marvel Heroes, Squirrel Girl, being renamed Paul and so on? I blame the fatigue my own self. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
We would love it if y’all would chime in about your stories of being a pirate in space games, because honestly that career path doesn’t much fit us, you know? :) We look forward to your stories, as well as your comments, below, and invite you to subscribe to us if you’ve not already. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #16: Pirates, Pauls and Squirrels Oh My!” »
black market, Distant Worlds: Shadows, drifter, elite, enemy starfighter, Eterium, eve online, Evochron Mercenary, flotilla, freelancer, independence war 2, Jumpgate, Kerbal Space Program, Pirate Galaxy, Space Pirates, space pirates and zombies, Space Rangers 2, space rogue, space trader, star citizen, star trek online, star trek: starfleet command: orion pirates, star wars galaxies, Starshatter, Trade Wars, Treasure Planet: Battle of Procyon, Void Destroyer, Wing Commander: Privateer, x3 albion prelude
SO MUCH NEWS!!!
Heeey guyyyyyss! Sorry about the delay with the news AGAIN! :/ It’s been a REALLY weird week. The holiday weekend REALLY kicked my ass through general lack of sleep, and I’ve really not caught up at all during the week (I love living in Los Angeles, but sometimes its temperature fluctuations can be problematic), so it’s just left me EXHAUSTED, and I’ve barely had the energy to focus on work, let alone anything else. If you’ve listened to this week’s podcast, you might notice my voice gets slurred more and more as the podcast goes on. That’s because I was just so damned tired. Thankfully I feel more awake today than I have all week (which will be ruined again this weekend ;), so I’m gonna dive in with the news, of which there’s a ton…
- Void Destroyer – There’s a new Kickstarter for this neat-looking piloting/command space sim hybrid (which I totally backed). They’re also on Steam Greenlight now, and they have a new trailer, which will be embedded below (as will any other videos in this post).
- Drifter – You can now pre-order the game for $10. There’s also been a pre-release trailer put out to show off some of the gameplay. I really need to get back to this one…
- Endless Space – There’s a new paid expansion on the way called Disharmony which adds a new faction, fighters and bombers and improved AI. There’s also a trailer for it.
- X Rebirth – There’s a new video showing off the concept of a new station and the process to bringing it into the game.
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – First off, SpaceSector is having a contest where you can win ALL of the Distant Worlds stuff, so go enter if you don’t own it all already! Next, Das24680 has two new videos showing off pre-warp empire play. He’s not alone though! There’s a series of videos by YouTube user Firestarter showing off pirate gameplay. There’s also a series of videos by mstWeal showing off the game setup (so far at least).
- Star Citizen – There’s a fan spotlight on Beyond the Horizon Radio and a press roundup focusing on an interview with Chris Roberts on GameSkinny (video embedded below). You can also meet Pete Mackay, one of the designers of the game, and get a news update on bounty hunters.
- Quintet – There’s a new Trio ship announced on their Kickstarter (which has been funded, yay!), and a video to go with it.
- EVE Online – Lots of news here, first on the official site, which has news on upcoming Steam integration as well as news on a single sign on for their multiple sites and a look at probe scanning in Odyssey. On The Mittani, they have a video review of probing changes in Odyssey, a look at further changes in exploration, news of the loss of a Titan by Tribal Band as well as the battle of 1-SMEB and a look at propaganda in the game.
- Kerbal Space Program – A new version of the game, 0.20.1, has been released, and you can now also access previous versions as well, which is cool. There’s also a new version of the KSP Weekly, which I wasn’t aware of until this one, and is pretty awesome.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new update which adds things such as sector claiming.
- Star Trek Online – There’s some new Romulan wallpaper to grace your desktop.
- 90Edges Universe – There’s a new simple spacestation for y’all to gawk at. :)
- Star Conflict – There’s a new update which further balances the game and adds a missiles to covert ops interceptors. There’s also a new dev diary with further updates on the game.
- StarMade – There’s a new dev build available for us to all check out (and I totally need to). This includes new textures, bug fixes and ruins to check out.
- AI War - There are two new patches, entitled “Bonus Tricks” and “Dire Protector” which mostly add new ship tipes and other stuff in preparation for the upcoming expansion.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Apparently this game will also be available for Mac as well as PC. Yay!
- Void of Darkness – There’s a new video showing off a station assault, as well as a blog post on the game’s mission system.
- Weird Worlds – You can now buy this on GamersGate as well as the other places its available.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new video trying to better explain the game over on IndieDB.
- Starsector – There’s a new blog post on logistics and fleet management.
- Retrobooster – YouTube user Snowy plays the game for a few minutes, and there’s also a YouTube version of the IGN video from last week.
- Enemy Starfighter – There’s a new screenshot of the game launching some fighters off a carrier via Mike’s Twitter. LOVE IT.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new version of the game that adds improved Android controller support and other stuff.
- Kinetic Void – The awesome soundtrack by Artem Bank is now available on Bandcamp for a mere $5. Check it out.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new blog post talking about research as an overpowered trait that is a great read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new progress update on this novel for Elite: Dangerous.
In related news, Camel101 (the folks behind Gemini Wars) have launched a new RTS called Black Talons that looks pretty cool. Second, there’s a new gameplay reveal video of Hardware: Shipbreakers, a game from former Homeworld developers. Finally, there’s an awesome video of the folks who made a flyable Battlestar Galactica cockpit, but they’re now using Diaspora, the BSG mod for Freespace Open.
HOLY CRAP that’s it. I really need to get back into a regular schedule of doing this because it takes FOREVER doing it this piled-up way. Have a great weekend y’all!
Edit: Just after I posted this, I saw that FTL is Steam’s deal of the day, selling for $4.99 until tomorrow morning. If you don’t already have this, GET IT.
Continue reading “Spacey Game News 5/24-31/13: The Crap-I-Did-It-Again Edition…” »
90Edges Universe, ai war, beyond beyaan, diaspora, Distant Worlds: Shadows, drifter, elite: dangerous, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, freespace open, FTL, gemini wars, GoD Factory: Wingmen, Homeworld, Infinite Pixels, Kerbal Space Program, kinetic void, quintet, retrobooster, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, starmade, starsector, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer, void of darkness, Weird Worlds, x rebirth
So Many Pieces of News…
Haaaaaaaayyyyy folks, happy Whenever-I-Finally-Post-This! ;) I hope these last weeks have found you all well, and less busy/tired than I’ve been. ;) I’ve just not had time to do the news (or much else) in the past several weeks. That’s a-changing though, for a couple of reasons. First, work is slowing down, so I’ll have more physical and mental energy to put toward the blog. Secondly, I found I was more productive on the blog before my awesome girlfriend moved in, so I’ve come up with the hopeful solution of setting aside certain nights of the week, and weekends when I have time, to dedicate time and energy solely to this blog. This should help me find a better balance and begin to put out content more regularly again. :)
As for news, let’s just dive in, as there’s a TON to go over (so much so I’m putting it under a cut):
Enjoy the Onslaught…
0x10c, ai war, And Here the Wheel, beyond beyaan, Distant Worlds: Shadows, Dominium, drox operative, endless space, enemy starfighter, epic space game, eve online, FTL, Galactic Domination, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, imperium galactica, Infinite Space 3, Kerbal Space Program, limit theory, OpenIG, oresome, predestination, rodina, rogue system, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starflight 2, starlife, starmade, starsector, starstrategy, strike suit zero, Sword of the Stars II, Tradewars, Tradewars Rising, Vendetta Online, void of darkness, x rebirth
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online
So! Many! Videos! *glug*
Hey y’all, happy Monday! I hopy y’all had a great weekend and, sadly like me, are back to work (kidding, I am SO VERY HAPPY I have such an awesome job). ;) Even though it’s a Monday, we don’t have to a have a case of such, so let’s start the week off right with some spacey game news. :)
- Beyond Beyaan – The big news of the day is that the Kickstarter for Beyond Beyaan began this morning, so that Brent can help spruce the game up some. Head on over and give it a look see! :) I’ll also embed the pitch video below. :) The dev is also giving away some Master of Orion keys over on the GOG forums, so be sure to check that out.
- Rogue System – There’s a new teaser video available that shows some LOVELY shield splash effects that y’all need to see, and I’ll also embed it below. :)
- Enemy Starfighter – Speaking of new videos, there’s a new vid of this game showing off fighter speeds, which I’ll also embed below.
- EVE Online – According to The Mittani, there was a 3,000 ship fight in LowSec this past weekend that you have to freaking see to believe. Apparently fifty dreadnoughts were lost, and nearly forty carriers alone among all sides, which included over 700 corporations and 200 alliances. Holy crap, I tells ya. Eurogamer also has words on this.
- Kerbal Space Program – You can read a new preview over on IGN, and see some new videos over on Twitch.TV that were recorded over the weekend.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new preview up on LevelSave that’s a fun little read.
- Dominion – These guys have a new dev blog for y’all to follow with an RSS feed! YAY RSS feeds! I live off ‘em, for serious.
- StarLife – Thanks to 4xgamer for pointing out some new videos of the game, which I’ll embed below. Note: Their new site needs an RSS feed, for serious. ;) I mean sure, they have a mailing list too, but c’mon. ;)
- X3: Reunion – According to this forum thread, there’s a new build of the Linux version of the game for testing.
- ScrumbleShip – Both the game’s Kickstarter and IndieDB page has more detail about it’s latest 0.20 release, which has a ton of features such as Mac support, new GUI options and much more.
- StarMade – New version 0.089999 (nope, not making that number up) adds a new catalog system which makes for easier searching and faster gameplay, apparently. I need to try it myself to be sure. ;)
- OreSome – Apparently there’s a new first look video from Riddler Gaming er…looking at the game (embedded below), and their IndieDB page has listed several recent changelogs.
- Drifter – The developer posted a new screenshot in which he’s going sightseeing in the game. WANT NOW PLZKTHNXBYE.
- X-Wing – The Game Jar reminisces about the game a little bit.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great one! :)
I Got’cher Videos Right Here Pal! ;)
beyond beyaan, Dominium, drifter, enemy starfighter, eve online, Kerbal Space Program, master of orion, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, ScrumbleShip, Star Wars: X-Wing, starlife, starmade, x3 reunion
Bring On the News!
Hey everyone, happy Friday! As this will very likely be the last thing I post before Christmas day, I wanted to wish all those who celebrate the holiday a joyous, fun, and present-filled holiday. :) Now let’s jump into some news and deals!
- First up the Emeny Starfighter site has been updated with two awesome videos showing some fun, short bits of the game. I’ll embed these below, but be sure to check ‘em out, especially the one showing things getting blowed up. ;)
- Okay, get this folks. There’s a new update for one of the Distant Worlds expansions, but not Legends, rather, Return of the Shakturi. That’s kinda crazy awesome. Apparently, “v18.104.22.168 update incorporates all the bug fixes and performance improvements from Distant Worlds: Legends,” which is pretty cool if you’ve not purchased Legends yet.
- Star Trek Online Community Manager Brandon “BranFlakes” Felczer was interviewed on the Deck Eight podcast.
- The Limit Theory Kickstarter has been updated with talk on creating a faction and a new tech demo, which I’ll embed below. Definitely looking awesome!
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has posted an excellent review of Drox Operative that anyone on the fence about getting the game needs to read.
- Iteration 14 of Void Destroyer has been released, which includes a new command mode, turret enhancements and more!
- The Vendetta Online folks have released their holiday newsletter, which offers some free time for previous subscribers and so on.
- The Star Conflict folks are now offering gold standards for victories in battles, which can be used as currency in the game it seems.
- Finally, the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter has been updated with video of a scavenger hunt (embedded below) as well as some other useful links. Whoopiedeedoo.
Now onto deals, of which there are a bunch today. First off, GamersGate’s holiday sale seems to be in full force, and they have the following funness:
WHEW. Now, we’re not done yet, because DotEmu is also having a sale, which includes the following:
NOW we’re done, and I need a nap. ;) Again, have a wonderful and festive holiday folks, and thanks as always for visiting. :)
Get’cher Videos Right This Way, Folks!
dark matter, darkstar one, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, drox operative, elite: dangerous, enemy starfighter, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galactic dream, gratuitous space battles, independence war 2, Independence War Deluxe Edition, limit theory, master of orion, Master of Orion III, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, Star Conflict, star fury, star trek online, stellar impact, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer