Hey y’all, happy Thursday! I’ve got a bunch of news for y’all today, but first, a bit of news of my own. First, after the recent video showing some actual dang gameplay, I re-backed the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter, since it actually is beginning to look like a mature campaign worthy of my time. My Kickstarter SEO tips still stand though. ;) Secondly, I realize I’ve been lax with opinion pieces of late, which I realize now is due to my lack of confidence in expressing my own opinions outside of reviews and such. Weird, right? So to help conquer this issue, I’m now gonna write an op-ed once a week at minimum, if not more. I already have some topics to cover, but if there’s something you’d like to get me talking about, feel free to send me your ideas. :) Now, with that said, onto the actual news. ;)
- First off, thanks to Gremlin over at Gamers with Jobs for making me aware of a new space combat game in development called Enemy Starfighter, which looks pretty damned cool (why we don’t see dyanmic campaigns in space sims more, I’ve no idea…). You can see a prototype video on YouTube or after the cut.
- Also, Ercole Spiteri let me know via Twitter that they have a prototype Solar System Colonization Game that you can learn more about over on their Space Sim Central forum thread.
- The Predestination Kickstarter has a new update covering new stretch goals, single player missions and so on.
- The Kickstarter for FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior has a new update covering the state of the game and Kickstarters in general that’s a pretty good read.
- There’s a new update of Evochron: Mercenary that’s being termed an expansion, which introduces new systems, options graphics and so on, and you can read more on the game’s FAQ. Gotta try this out ASAP. :)
- You can totally now buy Drox Operative over on GamersGate if you’d like another option that buying it directly. :) There are also some impressions of the game over on Indie Statik.
- I totally swore off FTL for a while after all the anxiety it gave me, but this recent Serenity mod is cool enough not only to get me to report it here, but possibly enough to get me to play the game again. ;) Speaking of FTL, it’s on sale on GOG today for $4.99.
- In EVE Online news, they’ve announced you can now buy tickets for FanFest 2013 (10th anniversary for the game too, wow), and that now you’ll be receiving Christmas gifts in the game starting today. :)
- The blog for Limit Theory has a new post regarding procedurally generated space stations that looks really awesome. :)
- Finally, the Star Trek Online dev blog has announced Featured Project Rerun, which allows fleets to complete pleviously run Fleet Starbase and Embassy Featured Projects, which apparently lets players customize the interiors of their holdings. Neat.
That’s it for today folks! Have a great one!