Congrats to Alex for having his fantastic game, Zigfrak, finally available on Steam. Y’all can get the game for a mere $2.49, and I suggest y’all do so because it’s really fantastic. Don’t believe me? Check out my review for more deets. :) Enjoy!
- Canons Lasers Rockets
- GoD Factory: Wingmen
- Pirate Galaxy
- Ring Runner
- The Mandate
- Void Destroyer
I know I am thrilled as all hell for these developers, so please join me in wishing them all a heartfelt and well-deserved congratulations! :) They deserve every accolade they can get. :)
Hey kids, there are some deals going on this weekend I wanted to let y’all know about while I have a little time to breathe. ;) These are:
- GoG is having their Strategy First and Seconds Promo, which includes Darkstar One for $3.99 and Space Empires IV: Deluxe for $3.99 as well.
- GamersGate is having an Iceberg Weekend which includes Endless Space Gold Edition for $11.90 and StarDrive for $14.98 (random prices, those).
- ShinyLoot is having another round of Launch Sale Weekend Deals, and their deals include Zigfrak for $1.49 and Armada 2526 Gold Edition for $4.50.
- Gah, I forgot, IndieGameStand has launched their own store, and is having a sale to celebrate. Deals include Zigfrak for $2.45, Gimbal for $11.99 and Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space for $7.99.
Now, if someone held a gun to my head and told me to buy only one thing here, it’d be Zigfrak, from ShinyLoot, easily. Fantastic deal for the price, and you’d be silly not to snag it if you haven’t already. :) Weird Worlds would likely be next on the list, if the person with the gun let me choose. ;) Have a good one folks, and happy saving!
Helllllooooo my friends, and happy Thursday! I hope y’all are having great week so far! Mine’s been okay, not enough sleeping and certainly not enough gaming, but whuddyagonnado, right? ;) You’re not here to read my babblings though (or ARE you?), you’re here for NEWS, so let’s do this thing!
- Star Citizen – The Mittani has posted their own hangar walkthrough showing off eight ships (well, four ships with several variants) and the official site has an edited version of the hangar launch video which was edited by a fan. Both vids will be below the cut.
- EVE Online – The official site has word that the Second Decade Collector’s Edition will ship on October 24th. This massive package (hurr hurr) inclides a 190-page hardcover book, a Rifter-shaped USB hub, a soundtrack CD and several in-game items. Dayum.
- Star Conflict – A new update has been released that improves ship slot systems, among other things.
- X3 Series – Via the Egosoft Facebook account, they’ve announced that X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude are in beta for Mac through Steam.
- Wing Commander – The CIC are reporting that an intrepid fan has gotten the original game to work on a Raspberry Pi, which is pretty damned cool.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev blog looking further at dilithium mines, a new special project in the game, apparently.
- Drox Operative – A new 1.022 beta patch adds a ton of new fixes and reminds me I owe the expansion a preview, so stay tuned for that.
- Ring Runner – Over on Facebook, there’s a new logo for the game’s upcoming MOBA-like mode.
- Yargis: The Beginning – Found this game over on Steam Greenlight, and it looks pretty nifty. They also have an IndieGoGo campaign going on.
- Paragon – Finally, I brought this up yesterday because I was under the mistaken impression it’s a new game. It isn’t, it appears to be a modification based on the Pioneer open source engine. However, the Paragon site doesn’t mention Pioneer at ALL, which honestly bugs me a lot, especially since they’re on Greenlight asking to be sold on the biggest digital distribution platform around. I therefore wanted to apologize for giving the impression this was a new game and just be transparent about the whole thing.
But wait, there’s more. We have some deals today too! First off, there’s a new digital distribution platform called ShinyLoot and they have deals on some space games such as:
- Zigfrak for $3.96
- Honor in Vengeance II (which I’ve never heard of until now) for $0.90
- Deep Eclipse for $8.99
- Planets Under Attack for $7.50
I already got that Honor in Vengeance II game, because $0.90 is amazingly cheap, but still, stuff is hard to find over there, so be warned. The other deal is the Humble Weekly Sale which includes AI War and all five expansions along with basically every other Arcen game for about $6 as I write this, an amazing deal if you miss out on the last one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, some intrepid fans made a full-scale model of U.S.S. Voyager from the show of the same name. Heck, I might even load up Minecraft my own self to check it out.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great one!
Hellloooooo everyone, and happy Friday! This was a really nutty week for me, hence the lack of news until today! I’ve got a WEEK’S worth of stuff to get through, so let’s DO THIS! ;)
(Sorry if the news pieces appear a bit disjointed, I had to go through between seventy to eighty news pieces out of order ;)
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – The game came out yesterday, and there’s already a new patch to fix some crashing problems that users have found since release. Das24680 also has five new videos of the game showing off more gameplay. Youtube user Pewpewchewchew also has a Let’s Play video of his own. These will all be embedded below.
- SkyJacker – There’s some new photos over on their facebook showing off the disassembly of a Shaarkarians mothership. They also have dissasembly videos of a Shaarkarians mothership, a Rak-Tak-Bashogee battleship and a Rak-Tak-Bashogee cruiser.
- Star Citizen – We have some new wallpapers showing off the planet Tyrol, part 8 of the writer’s guide, a Congress Now news update, a sneak peak at the hanger module and an interview with network and server programmer Tom Sawyer (embedded below as well). They also just announced an upcoming livingstreaming event in late June. Finally, Forbes did a video interview with Chris Roberts, which is also embedded below.
- Retrobooster – The developer recorded a video demo for the folks at IGN, which I can’t embed. The demo is a ton of fun, by the by. ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – Version 0.20 of the game has been released and adds things like chairs and other parts! Yay chairs! ;) There’s also a new merchandise store! I want a mug.
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new fiction diary entry over on their Kickstarter, and the video will be embedded below. Thanks to Wild Bill for the tip!
- Drox Operative – In the midst of making an expansion, Steven has released a beta patch for the game. This new patch has a ton of little fixes.
- Star Trek Online – The new Legacy of Romulus expansion went live yesterday! Yay! There’s also a dev blog on Dilithium 101.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has word of a super-cap and dreadnaught battle in Venal and a brawl in Delve, both of which sound expensive. There’s also a video and interview regarding Campigenus, a twenty-four minute fan movie you can see here (and embedded below), and a report of the battle of T-8UOF.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch that adds a practice mode and a new sector, among other things.
- AI War – A new patch entitled, “Tumbleweeds In The Stars“, adds a new minor faction in preparation for the next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Thanks to IndieGames.com for making me aware of this multiplayer battle arena space game that just launched a Kickstarter. Looks nifty.
- Starlight Inception – There’s a new Kickstarter update showing off how the game is coming along, as well as a new teaser trailer, which will be embedded below.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new version of the game that adds awards and medals, jackets, new console commands and more.
- Aeon Command – Part 2 of the dev’s post mortem is now up.
- Lunar Flight – The multiplayer update — which includes a ton of stuff — is now up on Steam. I totally need to revisit this game.
- Strike Suit Zero – The mod dev tool called XedMod is now available, as well as some mods for the game. I can’t embed the video, however. :/ The Heroes of the Fleet DLC is also out now.
- 90Edges Universe – I was contacted by the dev of this project to let me know it exists. :) (I LOVE that, by the way.) It’s very early right now, but it looks like a neat open universey buildy thing. Check it out.
- Limit Theory – There’s a new dev post every day on their forums, if you’ve not checked it out recently.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new alpha trailer over on their IndieDB page, which I’ll also be embedded below. There are also posts on planets and co-op gameplay.
- Star Made – There’s been so much new news since my last update, including a new webserver, several new builds and more, that I’ll just direct you to their news page if you don’t mind. ;)
- Dominium – There’s a new video on their Kickstarter showing off some combat that sadly I can’t embed. It looks fun though. :)
- Void Space – I found this Kickstarter about a space mining simulator? Space AND mining? I love both of those things! Sold! (Maybe, if he updates his campaign at all, which he hasn’t yet, and that is a pet peeve of mine. TALK TO US DAMN YOU! ;)
- StarDrive – Some more reviews from CalmDownTom, Pure News and DMJared on YouTube. (Embedded below).
OH MY GOD that was a lot. But wait, we also have DEALS! Besides the two mentioned yesterday, we also have the following:
- Gamefly is having a deal on a few space games, which includes:
- Zigfrak is the newest deal over at IndieGameStand, and will cost $1 to get the game an $1.62 to get the game and its soundtrack.
- Space Pirates and Zombies is going for $7.47 over on Green Man Gaming.
- Spaceforce: Rogue Universe is also on sale at Green Man Gaming for $4.99.
- Strike Suit Zero is $9.99 on Steam to celebrate the release of the DLC noted above, which sadly isn’t discounted (but the older DLC is).
- The Legacy and Starter Packs for Star Trek Online are on sale to celebrate the release of the recent expansion.
FINALLY, we’re done. That took FOREVER to put together, but I love y’all, so y’all are worth it. ;) Have a great weekend!
Helllllloooooo my wonderful awesome friends! I’m back! I think! *checks* Yes, I’m back! Sorry for the lack of news posts, got surprisingly busy all over the place and just didn’t have the time. I do now though, yay! There’s a lot to go over, so let’s dive in, it’s all warm and stuff! ;)
- EVE Online – On the official site, they have a video of true stories from the first decade of the game (which will be embdedded below). The Mittani has articles on cruise missile fixes, mission fixes and news about an alliance slapfight.
- Drox Operative – The big news is MOD TOOLS! Yay! There’s also a new patch that fixes trade requests and other things.
- StarMade – Several updates include news on server crashes, a custom docking area, wedge shapes, faction options and other bugfixes.
- Star Conflict – There are updates on new gold standards as well as a new combat specialization.
- Star Citizen – There’s new art of the 300i fighter, which is alovely. There’s also a naming system poll, a spotlight on fan RADD and a new update to their writer’s guide.
- Voidnex – Thanks to reader Goomich for pointing out this new game to me. Looks nifty!
- StarDrive – The good folks at RTS Guru have written a preview of the game.
- FTL – You can now buy FTL-themed merchandise, such as a Kestrel hoodie or a pirate t-shirt. I so want the hoodie. There’s also an interview with the devs over on PixelJudge.
- Solar War – There’s a new version of the game available, which adds support for more factions, event chains and even more.
- Freespace Port – Version 3.4 of the port of Descent: Freespace to the Freespace 2 engine has been released! Go git it!
- Rogue System – Their new website has a chart that shows the progress of the game, which is awesome to see. I want it now though. ;)
- Infinite Space 3 – On their Kickstarter, they’ve announced a soundtrack as well as stretch goals! Go check it out and kick ‘em something!
- Mok Force – Thanks to Rock, Paper Shotgun for writing about this neat-looking shmup.
- Homeworld 2 Complex – The latest version of this extensive mod has been released on ModDB. You can see a trailer of it in action below.
- Neptune’s Pride II – Thanks again to Rock, Paper Shotgun for letting us know about a new version of this popular browser-based space conquest game.
- Endless Space – The Amplitude folks need help to save the Sowers.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new build which adds event handling and a new UI, among other things. The game also has its own cursor now, as well as velociraptors. ;)
- Stars of Call – According to a post on our very own forum, there’s a new version of this nifty Naev total conversion.
- Infinity – There’s a HUGE update on planetary engine improvements, which looks FANTASTIC. Can they FINALLY release this thing please? ;)
- Kerbal Space Program – As reported by Eurogamer, there was some confusion and outcry over the notion of paid expansions for the game. This was thankfully dealt with by a post from the devs on their blog.
- Void of Darkness – The dev has begun writing the dialog for all the alien races, apparently.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new Legacy of Romulus dev blog entry to read.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode for y’all to listen to. :)
- Elite: Dangerous – There’s a new Fiction Diary for the game on YouTube, as well as embedded below.
- Galactic Patrol 2013 – There’s a new Kickstarter for this game that has the blessings of the original Galactic Patrol folks. Go check it out.
- Joystick Required – This was a space game news site run by a Jumpgate colleague of mine back in the day, and it’s back, so go check it out and say hello!
- Strike Vector – This is spacey enough to warrant inclusion. Just go watch this trailer. Seriously, watch it.
- AI War – There’s a new patch called “Nebulous Diligence” which works to improve the AI.
We’re not done yet folks! We have DEALS too!! Let’s do this!
- Space Pirates and Zombies is on sale at GMG for $5.08
- Beat Hazard EVERYTHING is part of the latest Indie Gala weekly bundle, and you can get all of it f or $1.87, which is a FREAKING steal people.
- Gamestop is having a spring sale on everything Stardock, which includes:
- AI War is also part of a Steam weeklong sale, in which everything is 75% off.
- There’s also an IndieFort Spring Bundle which has both AI War and Zigfrak for $7.99.
FINALLY, the folks at Arcen games (who made the aforementioned AI War) have announced a new game called Skyward Collapse, which looks awesome.
That’s it! Have a great day folks!