Hello my friends, and welcome to Tuesday! Sorry I didn’t write one of these yesterday, the day totally got away from me, so we have a lot to talk about! First off, the game of the week is the fun and frantic ARPG, Zigfrak. I covered this a while back as one of, I think, the final text reviews I did for this site approaching five years ago. Since the game just got its first update in around two years, I figured I’d return to it. It’s even a closer thing to Diablo-in-Space than other ARPGs like Drox Operative. It’s got oodles of loot, tons and tons of combat and a batshit script that’s both hilarious and insane (rather than just, say, Diablo 3, which is simply insane). In these entries, we’re going through the tutorial, which includes all sorts of things like “fishing in a fission hole”, killing mommy drones (seriously, that’s how its described) and more. It’s really great.
I also made a video of a non-space game. Descenders is a downhill cycling game focusing on stunts, speed, and skills, and it’s super freaking great. It’s early access, but it’s super stable and playable, and it’s fast and gorgeous as well. The tracks are also procedurally generated, so they’re never the same. It’s quite a bit of fun, and VERY satisfying.
Now friends, I’ve got something of a special week coming up. Nicole, my wife, is going out of town for four days starting on Thursday, so I’m taking Thursday and Friday off. I plan to record a ton of video for y’all, plus play a bunch of stuff for myself, including (this could change based on time and energy allotted):
- Full Week-Long Series – Station 21, Deep Sixed and Space Tyrant
- One-Offs – Aequitas Orbis, Scrapper, Space Rangers, TIE Fighter, Orch Star, Space Invaders Extreme, Astrohazard Solutions, Star Story: The Horizon Escape and Go for Launch: Mercury
- For Myself – Redout, Warhammer 40K Sanctus Reach, Syrian Warfare, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Grim Dawn, EVE Online, Doom, Mordheim, Immortal Redneck, Epistory, Stellar Tactics, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Sacred 2, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and Descenders
I am super duper excited y’all. I mean sure, I love, love, love my wife, but I also love time to myself, so I’m gonna make the most of it. This should cover content for the next two weeks at least. I’m gonna spread things out so basically I do one full series and a couple of one-offs each day I’m by myself, so I should be able to avoid exhaustion and burnout. :) I can’t freaking wait. :)
Alright, enough about me, time to hit y’all with news!
- Deep Sixed dropped on Steam!
- Technolites is a shootery game running a Kickstarter campaign. It looks pretty neat, so check it out.
- Starsector has a new dev diary about blueprints, production and more.
- Solar Warden has another development video which looks AMAZING.
- Nimbatus has a great article on Gamasutra on how a demo was beneficial for them.
- Astrox Imperium has another promo video showing off more gameplay, and it looks GREAT.
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock has a new dev diary talking about visible damage and more.
- Starfighter Inc posted a new video showing off more of the game. Thanks for the tip Derek!
- Heat Signature is having a Valentine’s Day event with two new weapons for you to track down.
- The Spatials: Galactology has a new dev diary with a lot of new features to talk about.
- Thrust & Shoot : Flight School should be leaving early access soon.
- Galactic Crew has released the latest version of its multiplayer diary.
- Vendetta Online has a new newsletter with new graphics and more.
- Interstellar Rift has new auto-save options and pore as part of its latest patch.
- Jumpgate is having issues with sentient flux markers popping up around the map.
- Solaroids: Prologue has a new patch which adds a ton of features.
- Phantom Signal has a teensy little patch.
- Galactic Shipwright also has a small little patch.
- Star Explorers has been updated with a new terrain generator, a new crafting systems and more.
- Stellar Monarch has a new patch that improves some of the visuals of the game.
- Star Trek Armada 3: Nemesis has an interview with Stardock about their fantastic mod.
- Battlefleet Engineer has a new damage modeling and more due to its latest patch.
- Scavenger SV-4 has a new patch which adds some new features and a lot of fixes.
- Star Traders: Frontiers got a combat hotfix as part of its new patch. It also got some cargo scanning capabilities in an earlier patch.
- The Sentient got a new patch with a ton of fixes.
Finally, GOG started their big Chinese New Year Sale, getting a few days in before Steam’s sale later this week, so go check it out.
That’s it for today y’all. Have a great day, and thanks for reading!