It So is Not Your Lucky Day…
It seems to be a pattern now…fail once at the mission, then succeed at it brilliantly. I wonder if this speaks to my rustiness as a pilot or to the puzzleness of the gameplay. Regardless, this time I fail TWICE before succeeding quite brilliantly, but this one is a big nail biter…well, it was for me at least. Join me as I eventually complete the mission:
Tour of Duty VI: Arms race – Mission 4: Punitive Raid
Where they put me in a freaking Assault Gunboat. AGAIN. Can we just get to the mutherfrakking TIE Defenders already, please?
Lasers Be Flyin’!
Hey folks, welcome to the latest installment in my Let’s Play TIE Fighter series. This time we’re in an Assault Gunboat (ugh) on an ESCORT MISSION (double ugh!!) that kinda goes batcrap all over the place. It’s a wacky one, to be sure, and like many missions, I have to fail it before succeeding at it. Please join me as I fly:
Tour of Duty VI: Arms Race – Mission 3: Convoy Escort
And thanks as always for watching. :)
Hey folks, welcome to the latest episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast. I apologize for getting this up so late, as Jim sent it to me days ago, but I had the busiest weekend ever, so I didn’t really have time to put it up until now. I also don’t have time to do the detailed show notes this week either (I might have to pair those down in general since they take an awful long time sometimes). :( On a happier note, Jim and I talk about a lot of awesome stuff, like news, games we’re playing and immersion in video games, based on our own experiences plus those you — our awesome readers — shared with us. It made for a great discussion, and we hope you enjoy it. :)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, you can leave comments below, or contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to contact us directly. Also, while I’m thinking of it, we’re thinking of doing some kind of write-in show, so hey, write us with questions you have and we’ll answer ‘em on a future show. ;) Thanks for listening, as always folks! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #48: Drowning in Immersion” »
Cannons Rockets and Lasers, Deep Space Settlement, distant worlds, elite, elite: dangerous, endless space, enemy starfighter, Eterium, eve online, freelancer, freespace 2, Hardwar, homeworld cataclysm, Independence War, Interstellaria, Jumpgate, Kerbal Space Program, Master of Orion 2, nexus the jupiter incident, Renegade: Battle for Jacob's Star, Rules of Engagement, sins of a solar empire, star citizen, star control 2, star crusader, Star Wars: Empires at War, Star Wars: Rebellion, star wars: tie fighter, starflight, Starshatter, sword of the stars, the last federation, Void Destroyer, wing commander, Wing Commander: Privateer, X3
This Has Taken Up the Bulk of My Time Lately…
I have a confession to make. There are a lot of other games I could’ve been playing for this blog, whether it’s toying the sublime Elite: Dangerous alpha or visiting an old friend in Star Wars: TIE Fighter, there’s no shortage of great games to discuss.
Yet all I’ve basically been playing — besides a Skyrim break now and then — is Jumpgate.
Click On to Learn of My Shame…
So you might recall in our last run in TIE Fighter, I was asked to defend a group of experimental TIE Defenders and their transports while they moved from one ship to another. What am I asked to do in this mission? PROTECT A BUNCH OF TIE DEFENDERS AND THEIR TRANSPORTS WHILE VULNERABLE DURING A MOVE. Again! Seriously, it’s like, the same thing almost, just more crowded. And, like last time, I fail amazingly before I succeed brilliantly. I hope this doesn’t become a pattern. ;) Please join me as I slash my way through the following mission:
Tour of Duty VI: Arms race – Mission 2: Prevent Rebel Ambush
I hope you enjoy it.
Hello my friends, and welcome back to my Let’s Play TIE Fighter series! I’m trying to kick off 2014 with a new commitment to content, and what better content to start with than one of the best games ever? ;) This time I start a new battle and play this mission:
Tour of Duty VI: Arms Race – Mission 1: Protect Prototypes
You can tell I’m a smidge rusty at first, but I find my footing quickly enough. I hope you enjoy it. :)
It’s the News You Know and Love…
Hellloooo my friends, and happy Monday! It’s time for another news digest, as I’ve gotten to that point where I have enough news to make one, and am gonna make the dang time needed to write one. :) There’s plenty to go over, so let’s dive in, shall we? (Remember, all vids are embedded after the cut)
- Endless Space – According to this Tweet from the Amplitude folks, the free add-on for Disharmony, entitled The Search for Auriga, will be released on November 14th! Insert obligatory “will this add the fun?” joke here. ;) (Sorry, couldn’t resist…)
- Wing Commander – The CIC has a couple of things of note, first a look back at the series by Den of Geek, then a look at the treasures in Chris Roberts’ office. Waaaaaaaant. They also have some shots of a new 3D rendered model of the Bearcat as well as some ships from Privateer 2.
- Star Citizen – Speaking of Chris Roberts, he’s chimed in to announce the game’s recent goal of $26 million in funding, which will now allow players to choose another starting ship. On the other side of the coin, the folks at Stick and Rudder wonder what might happen if the game fails. Back on the official site, there’s a new lore builder talking about racing, more details on the updated Hornet, a wacky new episode of The Wingman’s Hangar and finally, the full announcement for The Next Great Starship contest. Wheeew, that was a mouthful, huh?
- Eterium – There are some new details for the Sagaris medium fighter available.
- Galaxial – We finally have a new dev update, this time looking at some improved ship graphics. When can we play this again? ;)
- Vendetta Online – The most recent patch includes a new variant to the Vulture, custom names for cap ships and more.
- SkyJacker – There are a couple of new updates showing off details and free flight videos (which will be below as well) of the YTG Bomber and YTG Herald for your viewing enjoyment.
- EVE Online – The official site has a community spotlight on Agony Unleashed, a corp offering PVP classes, which is pretty cool of them.
- The Mandate – There’s a new video over at Viddler showing off a panel about the game at the recent MCM Comic Con late last month.
- Predestination – Hot on the heels of the recent combat beta, the planetary beta has now been released into the grubby paws of testers, myself included. Really need to try this…
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is here, with news of new campaigns, some features for the next release of FSO and more!
- Astrobase Command – There’s a new pictoral training montage on the game’s blog. I’m liking the look of this thing.
- Limit Theory – The latest development video has been posted which looks as sexy as ever.
- Sea of Stars – The folks behind this game have also posted their latest dev video, which looks fantastic.
- Star Wars Squadrons – Apparently this is a successor to TIE Fighter that I only just recently heard of, and it apparently works with the Oculus Rift. Wowie!
In somewhat relevant news, the Escapist has an odd list of the eight best giant video game spaceships. Then, reader Stephen Cameron sent in a video of his own procedural starship creator, similar to the one I posted the other day, which looks damned cool and runs in C I believe.
Finally, in deals, GamersGate is having a Stardock midweek sale with all the usual suspects present.
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 11/4/13: Lots of Meat on the Bone Today…” »
Astrobase Command, endless space, endless space disharmony, endless space: the search for auriga, Eterium, eve online, freespace open, galaxial, limit theory, predestination, Privateer 2: The Darkening, Sea of Stars, skyjacker, star citizen, Star Wars Squadrons, star wars: tie fighter, The Mandate, Vendetta Online, wing commander
Get Back Here You Son of a Bitch…
Welcome back to my look at TIE Fighter! I think I was a tad burnt out on the game (and maybe in general) and needed a bit of time off, but I return to show that bastard traitor Harkov one for. This time he’s decided to hole up in a rebel base, rather than staying on the move in his star destroyer. Bad move on his part. ;) Join me as I complete the mission:
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor: Capture Harkov
In which I fail the mission a couple of times before completing it, but for a really weird reason. Enjoy!
The Glory of an Enemy on Fire…
Hello my friends, and welcome to this episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast! This week, Jim and I sit down with Mike Tipul, lead developer on a game I and many others are excited about, Enemy Starfighter. As we were insanely lucky to get a playable copy before the show, we kind of jumped in head first right from the get go with all manner of questions and suggestions for the game, and it leads to a very fun, spirited discussion. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us through RSS or iTunes. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #30: Fighting Behind the Lines in Enemy Starfighter” »
EAT IT TRAITOR!
Hey folks, welcome back to my Let’s Play of TIE Fighter series! This time I return to the game after a little absence, and it shows, as I feel far less connected to the craft than I’m used to. Admiral Harkov still needs a’capturin’ though, so off we go on these two missions:
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor: Mission 4: Tactical Superiority
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor: Mission 5: Capture Harkov
I hope you enjoy ‘em! :)