It’s the News You Know and Love…
Hellloooo my friends, and happy Monday! It’s time for another news digest, as I’ve gotten to that point where I have enough news to make one, and am gonna make the dang time needed to write one. :) There’s plenty to go over, so let’s dive in, shall we? (Remember, all vids are embedded after the cut)
- Endless Space – According to this Tweet from the Amplitude folks, the free add-on for Disharmony, entitled The Search for Auriga, will be released on November 14th! Insert obligatory “will this add the fun?” joke here. ;) (Sorry, couldn’t resist…)
- Wing Commander – The CIC has a couple of things of note, first a look back at the series by Den of Geek, then a look at the treasures in Chris Roberts’ office. Waaaaaaaant. They also have some shots of a new 3D rendered model of the Bearcat as well as some ships from Privateer 2.
- Star Citizen – Speaking of Chris Roberts, he’s chimed in to announce the game’s recent goal of $26 million in funding, which will now allow players to choose another starting ship. On the other side of the coin, the folks at Stick and Rudder wonder what might happen if the game fails. Back on the official site, there’s a new lore builder talking about racing, more details on the updated Hornet, a wacky new episode of The Wingman’s Hangar and finally, the full announcement for The Next Great Starship contest. Wheeew, that was a mouthful, huh?
- Eterium – There are some new details for the Sagaris medium fighter available.
- Galaxial – We finally have a new dev update, this time looking at some improved ship graphics. When can we play this again? ;)
- Vendetta Online – The most recent patch includes a new variant to the Vulture, custom names for cap ships and more.
- SkyJacker – There are a couple of new updates showing off details and free flight videos (which will be below as well) of the YTG Bomber and YTG Herald for your viewing enjoyment.
- EVE Online – The official site has a community spotlight on Agony Unleashed, a corp offering PVP classes, which is pretty cool of them.
- The Mandate – There’s a new video over at Viddler showing off a panel about the game at the recent MCM Comic Con late last month.
- Predestination – Hot on the heels of the recent combat beta, the planetary beta has now been released into the grubby paws of testers, myself included. Really need to try this…
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is here, with news of new campaigns, some features for the next release of FSO and more!
- Astrobase Command – There’s a new pictoral training montage on the game’s blog. I’m liking the look of this thing.
- Limit Theory – The latest development video has been posted which looks as sexy as ever.
- Sea of Stars – The folks behind this game have also posted their latest dev video, which looks fantastic.
- Star Wars Squadrons – Apparently this is a successor to TIE Fighter that I only just recently heard of, and it apparently works with the Oculus Rift. Wowie!
In somewhat relevant news, the Escapist has an odd list of the eight best giant video game spaceships. Then, reader Stephen Cameron sent in a video of his own procedural starship creator, similar to the one I posted the other day, which looks damned cool and runs in C I believe.
Finally, in deals, GamersGate is having a Stardock midweek sale with all the usual suspects present.
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 11/4/13: Lots of Meat on the Bone Today…” »
Astrobase Command, endless space, endless space disharmony, endless space: the search for auriga, Eterium, eve online, freespace open, galaxial, limit theory, predestination, Privateer 2: The Darkening, Sea of Stars, skyjacker, star citizen, Star Wars Squadrons, star wars: tie fighter, The Mandate, Vendetta Online, wing commander
Get Back Here You Son of a Bitch…
Welcome back to my look at TIE Fighter! I think I was a tad burnt out on the game (and maybe in general) and needed a bit of time off, but I return to show that bastard traitor Harkov one for. This time he’s decided to hole up in a rebel base, rather than staying on the move in his star destroyer. Bad move on his part. ;) Join me as I complete the mission:
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor: Capture Harkov
In which I fail the mission a couple of times before completing it, but for a really weird reason. Enjoy!
The Glory of an Enemy on Fire…
Hello my friends, and welcome to this episode of the Space Game Junkie Podcast! This week, Jim and I sit down with Mike Tipul, lead developer on a game I and many others are excited about, Enemy Starfighter. As we were insanely lucky to get a playable copy before the show, we kind of jumped in head first right from the get go with all manner of questions and suggestions for the game, and it leads to a very fun, spirited discussion. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us through RSS or iTunes. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #30: Fighting Behind the Lines in Enemy Starfighter” »
EAT IT TRAITOR!
Hey folks, welcome back to my Let’s Play of TIE Fighter series! This time I return to the game after a little absence, and it shows, as I feel far less connected to the craft than I’m used to. Admiral Harkov still needs a’capturin’ though, so off we go on these two missions:
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor: Mission 4: Tactical Superiority
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor: Mission 5: Capture Harkov
I hope you enjoy ‘em! :)
Bring All Guns to Bear!
Helllooo friends, and welcome to another Space Game Junkie Podcast! This week, Jim and I sit down with Chris Adderley and Alex Catamo, the lead developers on Star Villains and Space Heroes. If you’re unaware, Star Villains and Space Heroes isn’t another fighter-based space game (though we all do love those), but rather a game of capital ship combat, something that even this genre is fairly rare (sadly). We talk to Chris and Alex all about their game, plus a bunch of other stuff, as is our usual. :)
Podcast: Play in new window
We hope you enjoy the discussion, look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us via iTunes or RSS. Thanks as always for listening!
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #29: Cap Ships and the Heroes (and Villains) Who Love Them…” »
Battlecruiser 3000 A.D., freespace 2, FTL, Independence War, Kerbal Space Program, Rules of Engagement, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Star Trek Klingon Academy, Star Trek: Armada, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, star villains and space heroes, star wars: tie fighter, Starshatter, Ur-Quan Masters
Artemis is But One Thing We Discuss Out of Many…
Life has a way of surprising you sometimes, and every now and again, these surprises can be so awesome they can take you to places you never expected. Such is the case when Jim and I sat down to talk to Thomas Robertson, developer of the popular Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator. I won’t spoil it for you, but let’s just say Jim and I were wholly surprised and delighted to discover some of the projects Thomas had worked on prior to Artemis…but don’t worry, we talk Artemis too. ;) It’s, I think, an excellent podcast, and I hope you enjoy it.
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we look forward to your comments and invite you to subscribe via iTunes or RSS. Thanks as always for listening! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #28: The Treasure Trove That is Thomas Robertson (i.e. We Kinda Talk Artemis…)” »
Remember This Nightmare? ;)
Hey folks, welcome back to the Space Game Junkie podcast! After a short break, Jim brings on one of his oldest friends, Mike, to talk about the joy of old games and the fun involved in getting them to run on newer hardware. We also go all over the place, as per usual. ;)
Podcast: Play in new window
As always, we look forward to your comments below, and invite you to subscribe to us via RSS or iTunes. Thanks for listening, and enjoy! :)
Continue reading “SGJ Podcast #26: Old Men Talking Old Games” »
0x10c, Artemis, conquest frontier wars, darkstar one, distant worlds, Emperor of the Fading Suns, endless space, Eterium, freelancer, Hardwar, Independence War, quintet, Ring Runner, Rules of Engagement 2, Space, space pirates and zombies, space rogue, Star Trek: Starfleet Command, star wars: tie fighter, starflight, starlancer, Stars!, tachyon the fringe, Wings of Saint Nezaire, x rebirth, X-Tension, x3 albion prelude
Flamey Purple Liquid of Death!
So after playing some TIE Fighter and some Distant Worlds: Shadows the other day, I wanted to take a little break and load something simple up. In looking through my games list, I remembered I’d installed the alpha demo for this new project folks had told me about, Wings of Saint Nezaire. What I saw was impressive enough that I had to immediately make a video about it, as I didn’t think text and screenshots would do it justice. Take a look and you’ll see what I mean. :) Then, hopefully, you’ll try it out for yourselves. :) Enjoy!
Yup, This Happened a Lot…
TIE Fighter veterans, you all know this mission, and you all love it, no matter how infuriating it can get. The mineclearing mission, or to be specific:
Tour of Duty V: Battle for Honor – Mineclearing
This is one of the hardest missions in the entire game, but also one of the most important, and my girlfriend Nicole joins me once again as I attempt to survive the onslaught. Enjoy!
Blowin’ Up Y-Wings…
Helloooo everyone, and welcome back to my Let’s Play TIE Fighter series! In this entry, Nicole returns to help me play the mission:
Tour of Duty IV: Conflict at Mylok IV – Rebel Arms Deal
In which those damned bastard rebels try to take our new hyperdrive system. We can’t have that, surely! Enjoy the chaos!