Hey y’all, I just wanted to chime in and thank everyone — visitors, developers, publicists, etc — that helped make 2012 such an amazing year for me and this site. I’m still trying to find a balance to help me maximize the content output I make — I didn’t do as many reviews, previews and such as I’d have liked in 2012 — but I will continue to work my butt off to make sure this site continues to be awesome for 2013 and beyond. I hope y’all have a very happy and safe New Year’s celebration and may 2013 be awesome for everyone. :) Thanks again for visiting!
Hey y’all, just a quick note, but my host allows me to try one week of VPS service to see how I like it and how it helps with site performance. Since the site is growing (thanks to all of you) and I want to provide the best experience possible for everyone who visits this site (thank you!), I’m gonna see if VPS makes a difference while still remaining affordable. The site might blink a bit during the migration over, but hopefully it won’t be too bad, just wanted to give y’all a heads up. Thanks for visiting!
Hey guys, happy last Friday of 2012! Not a lot of news today, so let’s dive in:
- The Predestination live stream is…er…live on YouTube, and I’ll embed it below. They’ll also be talking to the Skyjacker folks as well. Fun times!
- The Star Trek Online dev blog has a lovely little post spotlighting heavy cruisers.
- Finally, there are two videos about the Elite-based novel, “…And Here the Wheel”. A teaser trailer and a little bit with the author, which I’ll embed below.
That’s all the news I could find! I know, right? There are some AWESOME deals today though:
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is on Steam’s Daily Deal for $13.59, which is the cheapest I believe I’ve ever seen it, and a TOTAL steal. Trinity is also a steal at $6.79.
- FTL is going for $4.99 on the official site right now, which is also a great deal.
Finally, there’s some lovely ship art by James Paick on the Concept Ships blog.
And that’s it! Have a lovely day and weekend, and thanks for visiting! :)
Hey everyone, happy Thursday!! I hope y’all are having a great week as we get closer to the end of 2012! Wheeee! There were some stories I missed in yesterday’s update, so I’m gonna jump in by starting with those…
- FTL is one of Eurogamer’s Games of 2012 as well as one of the games that defined 2012, according to Gamasutra! Congrats to them! :) FTL is also 50% off on Steam today, making it $4.99, so go get it if you haven’t already!
- Ensign-1′s IndieDB page has been updated with an article on a new mission and new redesigned Ensign-1.
- There’s some news about ScrumbleShip’s December update on their IndieDB page as well, whith some new images from the game.
- There’s a new video of alpha 14 of Void Destroyer which shows off some turret action, and is a fun watch! I’ll also be embedding it below.
- The Predestination Kickstarter has been updated with more information on the human race a note that they’ll be livestreaming today, their last day of the campaign. Not sure exactly where though. :/
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has been updated with a quandry on including starlanes or not.
- The Star Conflict site has new updates that include ship developement fees and corporations, as well as what appears to be a holiday phenomenon.
- The Kickstater for FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior has an update about delaying the games release to fix more bugs. I am totally fine with that. :) I’d rather have a game done right rather than right now. ;)
- EVE Online is going to have a holiday fireworks display later today.
- Finally, the NaCLBox site — which lets you play older DOS games such as TIE Fighter and others in a browser window — has added online multiplayer gaming to their lineup.
- NOT Finally, just as I was putting this together, a new update on Limit Theory appeared on their Kickstarter, talking about the start of full development and much more.
That’s it for today folks. Have a lovely day, and thanks for visiting!
Hey y’all, happy Wednesday, and welcome back from Christmas break (if you had one, that is)! How was everyone’s holiday, and what did y’all get? ;) Mine was awesome, and I hope yours was too! Now with that said, let’s see what’s happened over the break…
- Over on Space Sector, Adam has an interview with Brain and Nerd CEO Brendan Drain regarding Predestination as well as a rather scathing review of Sword of the Stars II.
- Speaking of Predestination, their Kickstarter has been updated with a galaxy map prototype video (embedded after the cut) and more details on colonization, which looks cooler and cooler the more I read about it.
- In FTL news, there’s a new update that adds colorblind mode, specific action hotkeys and a lot more. Forbes also put the game at the top of their Most Challenging Games of 2012 list! Congrats, I think? ;)
- Over on the CRPG Addict (which you might recall inspired this site), he takes a look at the two Space games. I’ve not played Space II yet, but Space was surely a pickle.
- Over on the Kickstarter for Skyjacker, they have a new update covering alternative payment methods, content generation and more. The vids will be embedded below.
- There’s a new update for Vendetta Online which mostly consists of bugfixes.
- PC Gamer has an article about their recent experience with Freespace 2 after a new install with the Freespace Open additions. It’s a good read, but I think I’ve read it before…
- The Star Conflict folks are having a holiday-based contest where you can send your holiday greeting to the community. Pretty cool!
- There’s a new BorderSpace dev update video (embedded below also) which shows off a new H.U.D., new targeting modes and more! It’s SEXY!
- There’s a new mod for X3: Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude called X-Tended – Terran Conflict 2.0 which looks really damned cool. That one is coming up on my review list, so I’ll have to give it a whirl.
- According to 4xgamer, the Star Lords folks have relesed their second alpha (registration required). Wow, I thought that project was dead in the water, so good on them! :)
- Peter over at Matchsticks for My Eyes has his initial impressions of Drox Operative.
- The Galaxial blog has a new post looking at user interface customization, which is nifty.
- Finally, the Sol Command website has some new models of asteroids for your modeling needs.
In non-spacey game news, the folks behind AI War, Arcen Games, have released the beta for their 2.0 version of A Valley Without Wind. All existing owners of AVWW get 2.0 for free, and you can get ‘em both right now on Steam for just $5.99, which is an amazing deal. I put a decent amount of time into AVWW and found it a ton of fun, so I can’t wait for the sequel.
Finally, in deals, Get Games is having their Cheap as Chips sale and you can get Star Wolves, Star Wolves 2 and Star Wolves 3: Civil War for $2.70 each, the chepest I’ve ever seen ‘em, and totally worth it. :)
That’s it for today folks! I hope y’all have a lovely day, and I thank you for visiting and reading, as always! :)
I have this game now. The one in the picture. ;) I might be…busy for a while. Maybe, dunno yet. ;) It’s really good so far though…