Hello everyone, and happy hump day! The week is just flying by, so let’s keep it movin’ and groovin’ with some spacey gamey newsiness! :)
- According to a press release on their website, Behaviour Interactive has teamed with Cloud Imperium to work on the ship-boarding portion of Star Citizen! Nifty!
- Gamers with Jobs has a bittersweet article about one man’s struggles with Star Trek Online.
- On the Facebook group for Conquest: Frontier Wars, Eric Peterson gave 1/22/13 as the release date for the game on GOG. YAAAY!
- We’ve not heard news from the StarDrive folks in a while, but within the last day there’s an update on their Kickstarter page saying the game is almost done, as well as some new wallpapers from the Iceberg Interactve folks.
- Yesterday’s video of SlipSpace was apparently the wrong one, so here’s the correct developer video. Enjoy!
- The folks at IncGamers have a nice hands-on preview of Strike Suit Zero for y’all to enjoy.
- A few pieces of EVE Online news today. First, the latest patch for Retribution will be released today and they have news of the next FanFest. VG247 is also reporting that they’ve surpassed 450,000 subscriptions thanks to sales in China. Nice!
- Over on the IndieDB page for Star Made, they have a news update with screenshots of an ice planet, informaiton on server features and so on.
- According to MCV, the folks at Square Enix have announced Star Galaxy, a browser-based space combat MMO that, for now, will be only available in Japan. We’ll see if it comes elsewhere. :)
- With seven days to go and just a small fraction of their goal met, the Dominion folks talked about next steps to re-pitch their game.
- In news from our own forums, the folks behind Galactose are looking for playtesters! Go check it out!
- The folks over at Rock, Paper Shotgun have an interview with Paul Ruskay, who happened to compose the amazing music for Homeworld.
- Finally, while I don’t cover mobile stuff, there’s now an iPad version of Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator, making my desire for an iPad that much greater. ;)
In non-gamey news, the Concept Ships blog has a great piece of art from Jason Felix.
That’s it! Have a great day y’all!