Hello my friends, and welcome to Friday! So, so sorry that I haven’t done one of these in a couple of days, but wow was this week insanely busy. It just really drained my brain. It was a really busy one not only beyond the blog, but for the blog as well. Let’s talk about our videos for this week though! Since the last entry, I posted the second Stable Orbit video. In this one, I did a lot better than last time, but still failed, this time killing my entire crew in the process! What did I do wrong! I forgot to look at the altitude, and the parts list available. Had I done so, I’d have noticed a booster we needed to stay aloft due to the increased weight of the station. So the station crashed. Wheeee! I learned though, and I can’t wait for next time!
I then posted the final two entries (episodes three and four) of Ancient Frontier, this time trying out the Alliance campaign. There doesn’t seem to be THAT much of a difference between the two that except in the Alliance, you get a mining ship with lots of armor and no weapons. INSTANT ESCORT MISSION! HUZZAH! Seriously, this game is not only boring, it has atrocious writing. I actively winced several times during these recordings, because it was bad. Like, Megaforce bad. And not even in a charming way like Megaforce…just bad.
Tuesday, we had our fantastic podcast with the developer of Interstellar Transport Company, which was a lot of fun! Once that was done I then spent a little time with a few games for myself. I played some Hob, which is just utterly charming. I also spent some time with BAJA: Edge of Control HD, which is really a lot of fun (enough that I plan to do a video of it soon) and of course, some with Lord of the Rings Online, which is always relaxing. Wednesday I spent a little time with the new 10tons game, JYDGE, which was a blast.
Wednesday was also a “work night” of sorts. I’m going out of town this weekend, so I won’t have my usual time to record for the week, so I did a couple of videos Wednesday evening. I first spent time with Space Wrangler which is some sort of…asteroid lassoing game? I’m not entirely sure and it was weird. I also spent some time with NIGHTSTAR: Rogue Wings, which was a ton of fun!! You’ll see videos for both of those early next week!! :) I also spent some time with the new DLC of Starpoint Gemini Warlords, which is incredible you guys. It adds whole new methods of play to the game, and they’re truly massive. This game just keeps getting improved, and it’s just turning into something really special with each update. I plan to do a video likely next week showcasing the new DLC as well, so stay tuned for that.
Last night, of course, was our LAN Party, and while it was a bit shorter than usual (Hunter had to leave early, as did I), we had a great time with our beloved friend, Space Beast Terror Fright. It’s been a while since we played, so we noticed a few new things, like the rescue mode (which is hilarious). This game is so brutal we were dying fast on the easiest mode, but then against we could be rusty. Regardless, we had a wonderful time.
And now, onto news! There’s so much I’m gonna do the simple bullet point thing for the patches and hit the highlights for the rest.
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords aforementioned new DLC, Cycle of Warfare, has been released, and here’s the announcement!
- Everspace is getting a big expansion called Encounters, with a new ship, NPCs and more!
- Space Impossible has hit its Alpha 10 milestone with a ton of new stuff!
- AI War 2 has a new dev diary talking delays and updates!
- Star Control: Origins has been delayed, according to PC Gamer, but a public beta is coming!
- Infinity: Battlescape has a new dev diary talking art and servers!
- Worbital, a spinoff of Interplanetary, has been announced!
- Go For Launch: Mercury has launched on Steam!
- Space Ship Commander has also released on Steam, and it looks like cute fun!
- Star Traders: Frontiers has a Steam page, so get to wishlisting it!
- Distant Worlds: Universe is the subject of the latest 4X Gaming Podcast!
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock now has a boxed edition with a printed manual!
- Remnants of the Precursors has a look at Darlok ships!
- Stellaris has a filler dev diary talking post-release support.
- Stardock posted a video entitled Why Do We Love Space Games? that talks to three devs about their love of sci-fi gaming.
- Elite Dangerous will be on display at the Frontier Expo this weekend!
- The Away Team now has a Mac edition!
- HELLION has posted a preview of its big upcoming Don’t Panic Update. Yes, that’s what they’re calling it.
- Gangs of Space has several new skins to collect. If you’re into that sort of thing.
- Thrust & Shoot : Flight School is going to be getting a price increase soon!
- And last but not least, so many patches for games such as:
Finally, we have deals! First up, Humble is having a Stardock Bundle which includes a TON of spacey goodness. Then, Iceberg Interactive is having a sale on Steam, which includes the entire Starpoint Gemini brand and much more!
That’s it for me! Have a great weekend y’all!