Volition Goes to Koch Media in THQ Auction

1. Phillip says:

I’m glad to see these IPs going to another gaming company, vs. just investment bankers looking to exploit the “resources”. Love the FP games, Saints Row 3, here’s to Koch/Deep Silver keeping these great franchises going. R.I.P. THQ, the bundle last year was a great last try to keep your company afloat!

2. frptunz says:

I wish Volition, if they still have the IP rights, would bring Freespace 3 on Kickstarter later this year… I don’t think Deep Silver (or Koch Media) would risk to finance it themselves

Pardon my language, but I would KICKSTART THE SHIT OUT OF THAT MOTHERFUCKER. Seriously. ;)

• frptunz says:

Seconded that :)

By the way, I’ve read some comments from german players about Koch Media and Deep Silver on Rock Paper Shotgun, and people say it’s a mediocre publisher at best. Sad news.

3. Nik says:

OMG!!! THis finally seems like a golden opportunity to seize the day and kick -start Freespace 3 project!!! Or maybe Even take Freespace 1 and Freespace 2 and include the games as part of Freespace 3!!!! This way players would be able to experience the story from start to finish completely!!! With current Gen graphics!! Can you guys imagine what they could do?????!!!!!! I can!!! I can see that game right in front of my eyes! Freespace started it all and it should be the game to kick start space action/simulation genre back into todays modern hardware and software advancements. These games will mean EVERYTHING to me! I grew up on space shooters, and follow Volition till this day! Cmon guys, show us players what you can do? Please for the sake of the pans revamp this franchise a new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Welcome to the blog, Nik! What concerns me about this is that the original folks behind the first two games would likely have little to do with it, if anything. Also, Stompy Bot just launched an MMO version of Heavy Gear, a previously single player game, so I have little faith in their ability to do the Freespace license justice at the moment. :/