Spacey Game Newsies and Dealsies 3/28/14: The Thank-Gawd-It’s-Friday Edition
Two news posts within a week? HOW CAN ANYONE LIVE AT THAT SPEED? I’m unsure my friends…maybe I’ve finally gone mad. But I’ll tell you this, I’m on the upswing in terms of energy and motivation from my low point earlier this week. I therefore wanted to pound out some more news and deals before they piled up too much. Here goes!
- FTL – Word comes from the devs that both the free (for current owners of the original) Advanced Edition and the iPad edition will be dropping on April 3rd. Holy hell THAT’S NEXT WEEK. SOMEONE GET ME AN IPAD STAT. ;) Seriously, I should revisit the game in video form so y’all can hear me have an anxiety attack as my crew slowly dies (WHICH ALWAYS HAPPENS).
- Distant Worlds – New screenshots have been released for Universe, which I want to play/own now please! :)
- Galactic Civilizations III – Thanks to Ben for reminding me that the alpha is now out on Steam for your purchasing pleasure.
- Kerbal Space Program – Squad has released a video of an asteroid redirect mission, the type that’ll be available in the next patch, and it looks great.
- Strike Suit Zero – The folks behind the game have announced that the PS4 and XB1 versions of the Director’s Cut will drop on April 8th and will be $19.99 for both platforms. No word on a PC release as of yet. There is a new video for y’all to look at though.
- Slower than Light – In some new blog entries, the developer answers how he’ll work 1,500 hours between April and October, and a new video covering the Fermi Paradox, which looks intriguing.
- AI War – A new patch or two is a maintenance release dealing with the recent salvage revisions, among other things.
- Epic Space Game – They’re having a Paid to Play Weekend event which as the winning miner getting $100 cash for mining the most of a new mineral. That’s pretty cool!
- EVE Online – CCP has released a new video showing off why their new book EVE: Source looks so awesome. ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new entry in the DATELINE: SESEN series, a story of hospitals under siege and the latest Wingman’s Hangar previews the new asteroid hangar, among other things.
- Wing Commander – The CIC has a teaser of the animated Tales of the Claw project, and some news of the recent Kickstartered album.
- Privateer 2: The Darkening – The CIC also has a snippet from a Reddit AMA with Clive Owen in which he briefly reflected on his time filming for the game.
- Unending Galaxy –
I honestly forget how I found outSerial Kicked over on Google+ told me about this new “2D Space Exploration/Building/4X” game, but it looks darned cool, so check out the official site or the blog for more info! They also have a demo that I have to try.
Finally, we have a couple of sales. First off, Retrobooster is having a sale wherein it’s 50% off until April 2nd. It’s a really cool game, so check it out!
Then, GOG is having an Interplay Irresistibles sale in which a lot of awesome Interplay games are on sale. This of course means you can get the amazing Freespace 2 for $4.99, as well as its predecessor Descent: Freespace for $2.99. Seriously, folks, if you don’t have Freespace 2, now is the time. They also have excellent sci-fi games such as M.A.X. and Subwar 2050 (which was made by Particle Systems of Independence War fame) among many other excellent games. I’d jump on these if I didn’t already own almost all of ’em. ;) (P.S. Clicking on those links and buying through ’em helps the site out, FYI. ;)
That’s it for today folks. Have a fantastic weekend!