The News Sure Piles Up…
Hellloooo my friends, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a lovely weekend and are looking forward to a fun week ahead! Me, I am sooooo tired, and haven’t had time to get in much gaming besides some Skyrim (I have such an on-again, off-again relationship with the game…I’ll play it obsessively for weeks, to the detriment of any other game) and some time with the Starpoint Gemini 2 alpha. Not much there yet, but it’s fun to fly around and shoot stuff at the moment. Anyway, news! Let’s get to it! (All vids will be embedded after the cut, FYI.)
- Space Engineers – So this was announced today, and it’s coming to us from the same folks who made Miner Wars 2081. Not sure if this means the MMO version of Miner Wars is toast or what, but I’ll keep an eye on this one (warily so, since MW2081 turned out to be something of a mess). Oh, there’s also some alpha game footage. Also, some unofficial game trailers courtesy of their forums. Finally, a blog entry from the game’s lead dev. Can you read my excitement? Good, you noticed there wasn’t any. (It might also be because I’m exhausted too…)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new entry in A Separate Law, a letter from Chris Roberts about passing $18 million in crowdfunding, and the latest episode of the Wingman’s Hangar (which I didn’t know one could get on YouTube or I’d have linked them sooner, sorry). Also, there’s a Massively interview with CI’s Ben Lesnick and Dave Haddock about the game (thanks Wing Commander CIC for the link).
- Star Trek Online – Part seven of Massively’s visit to Cryptic is online, as is an interview with some of the game’s developers on the G & T Show.
- Kaiser Earth – A new game mode called Super Kaiser Earth is on the way with a more direct control style. I need to give this game a whirl.
- Elite: Dangerous – The latest edition of their newsletter (thanks Wild Bill! for sending it along) discusses the creation of stations and ships.
- EVE Online – If you recall, I mentioned a bit ago that an anniversary edition of the game is coming out which includes a Rifter USB hub. Well, a fan got his hands on an early version of the Rifter, and it is sexy (she’s always been one of my favorite looking ships in EVE). In other news, The Mittani is reporting that, just a week after being released with Odyssey 1.1, the first Moracha has been destroyed already, an another expensive ship, a Caldari Raven valued at 60 billion ISK, has been lost, N3 is evicting The Gorgon Empire ships from its systems and aparently TRIBE will be disbanding.
- Drox Operative – A new beta patch has some planetary-based fixes, racial fixes and so on.
- Wing Commander – Thanks to podcast co-host Jim for first pointing this out to me. Apparently Howard Day — who we talked to recently on the podcast — felt inspired by the recent Star Citizen hangar and decided to create a Concordia hangar in Unity wherein one could walk around a ConFed Broadsword bomber (one of my faaaaves). It’s REALLY awesome, so go check it out.
- ScrumbleShip – There’s a new screenshot of…something…I forget what, since I snagged it from Twitter and lost the Tweet…looks cool though…The dev also has a post about porting cross-platform games to OSX for the techically minded.
- Star Conflict – The devs have released their revised game development plan, which is pretty cool of them. I’m always a fan of this sort of transparency.
- Kerbal Space Program – The devs have released a features video looking at some of the new stuff in the upcoming 0.22 version.
- Infinite Pixels – A new alpha gives the game a much nicer cell-shaded look along with new enemies and other fixes. There’s a new video to show all this off, too.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – There’s a new video Q&A up in which the developers answer fan questions.
- Starlight Conflict – Apparently they’ve been approved for Steam! Horray, congrats to the team, that’s a big deal! :)
- Ring Runner – Those who own the game should have access to the beta of the new MOBA-like mode, according to this update. I’ve not tried it myself, though. :/
- X Rebirth – There’s a new nearly five-minute preview video available to make your video card cry (or maybe it’s just mine).
- Echelon – Pixelmusement continues their excellent coverage of classic DOS games with this popular title from 1987.
- Kickstarters – I found two of ‘em to share with y’all, Hadron’s Forge and Cimmerian Space. Check ‘em out!
Now, in deals, there are a decent few for y’all! First off, Gamefly is having a Kalypso sale which includes Legends of Pegasus for $15.99. Then, Greeman Gaming is having a Value Pack Week which includes plenty of sales, most notably Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity for $6.79, which oddly isn’t included in the Stardock complete pack for $56.97 (but Rebellion is), and finally, they have a Strike Suit Zero pack for $13.49.
Finally, in related news, since Gearbox is lending its support to the (now entitled) Homeworld: Shipbreakers, the game will no longer be free-to-play but a full commercial product! Hooray!
That’s it for today folks! Have a great one!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Dealsies 9/6-9/13: Case-Of-The-Mondays Edition” »
drox operative, Echelon, elite: dangerous, eve online, Infinite Pixels, Kaiser Earth, Kerbal Space Program, legends of pegasus, PULSAR: Lost Colony, Ring Runner, ScrumbleShip, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, Starlight Conflict, Starpoint Gemini 2, strike suit zero, wing commander, x rebirth
A Lot of News for a Monday!
Heellllooooo folks, and happy Monday! Happy Canada Day also to our friends up north as well. :) I hope y’all had an awesome weekend filled with awesome gaming. Mine was busy as heck, but I did get a littl Ring Runner in, thankfully. Hopefully I’ll have some time for more gaming this week. What about you guys, what are y’all playing? :) Oh, right, we’re here for news. Here ya go!
- Eterium – The devs for this have launched a Kickstarter to help them finish up this fun (if the demo is any indication) Wing Commander-esque game. Check it out.
- Star Citizen – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a look at the Constellation, while Polygon has a look at the 300i, and both vids will be embedded below. There’s also a thanks from Chris Roberts regarding the livestream event, info on the Oberon system, and episodes three and four of “A Human Perspective”.
- Limit Theory – The latest development update has been released, and it looks awesome, with shinier graphics and a Linux port. Check it out through the link or below in the video.
- Void Destroyer – The Kickstarter is almost over (and successful, yay!) and Paul has put up two large mega-updates covering the future plans for the game and a recap of the Kickstarter.
- 90Edges Universe – To coincide with the release of alpha 0.0.6, there’s some new space station artwork over on Twitter.
- ScrumbleShip – There’s a new video showing off some multiplayer building, which will also be embedded below.
- Infinite Pixels – There’s a new alpha version out for this game as well, 0.1.2, which adds a manual, seeds and trees, and a barn. Wait, this is a space game? ;)
- Vendetta Online – This game has also received an update which brings fixes to delivery missions, Ouya fixes and so on.
- Freespace Open – The Hard-Light Productions July newsletter has been released, and covers a good deal of modding and coding news this time around.
- SkyJacker – The starship constructer beta has been released to backers. I’ve not had a chance to try it, but I hope to soon. :)
- Star Trek Online – Their dev blog has a pretty detailed look at the work that goes to episode development. Definitely worth a look see.
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new blog post looking at planet UI and naming, which looks nicely MOOish. ;)
- Endless Space – Their dev blog has an “After Disharmony” post talking about talking about their thoughts on the expansion now that it’s out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has an opinion piece on the Fountain campaigns.
- Horizon – I had never even heard of this spacey 4X game until my buddy Jan noticed it on Steam Early Access and pointing it out to me. Looks nifty!
- Final Frontier – This is apparently a mod for Garry’s Mod that models “controlling and maintaining a starship”, according to Rock, Paper Shotgun. Guess that means I have to get Garry’s Mod, huh? ;)
Whoa, that’s a lot of news for a weekend, but we’re not done yet! Next, in deals, we have Amazon’s Summer Sale, which has way too many deals to mention, and the X3 series is 50% off on Steam to celebrate the Linux release of the game(s). You can also get the whole X3 Goldbox for $12.49, which is a pretty dang good deal.
Finally, in kinda-related news, the devs of the Colonisation: Moonbase (it’s British, hence the weird spelling ;) wrote in and asked me to pimp their campaign a bit, so there ya go. :)
That’s it folks! Have an awesome day!
Continue reading “Spacey Game News and Deals 7/1/13: Manic Monday Edition, ‘Eh!” »
90Edges Universe, beyond beyaan, endless space, Eterium, eve online, Final Frontier, freespace open, horizon, Infinite Pixels, limit theory, ScrumbleShip, skyjacker, star citizen, star trek online, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer, wing commander, X3 Goldbox
Lookit! New Newsiness Graphic!
Hey folks, happy hump day and May Day as well!! I hope y’all are having a lovely week so far. I know I am. Got some more time with StarDrive as well as Strike Suit Infinity yesterday, and had a good time with each. The next StarDrive installment will be ready soon (sans screenshots since Fraps decided to stop taking them, dangit) and I hope to have a look at Infinity some time late this week or early next (spoiler: I might like it more than Strike Suit Zero, not 100% yet). ;) Now, with that said, let’s dive into some news!
- Star Citizen – Gamasutra has an article entitled “Crowdfunding, One Year Later” which talks to Chris Roberts and others about their crowdfunding campaign, and it’s a great read. The official game site has a look at the sexy new spacesuit as well, and details the various models. Finally, there’s a new essay called “Will We Never Learn?” that adds some flavor to the game.
- Freespace Open – The latest Hard-Light Productions newsletter has been published with the latest campaign, coding and modding news, and more.
- EVE Online – Lots of articles from The Mittani, including their review of FanFest 2013, a look at the derp frigate, the N3 coalition saying EVE is dead and a story on making Nullsec safer (as if that’s a good idea). Gotta love all the content they pound out. Polygon also has a story about how intial funding for the game was provided by a boardgame, which happens to feature the current mayor of Reykjavík. Finally, Giant Bomb has a fan-made trailer which is fun to watch. Sadly I can’t embed the video.
- StarDrive – RTS Guru has posted their review of the game.
- ScrumbleShip – The game now has tree ships. No, I’m not kidding, and it looks awesome.
- Star Trek Online – The official dev blog has an entry on designing Romulan uniforms. My favorite site on the web, Fashion it So (if you’ve not read this site, you NEED to) has some words on the matter.
- X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter – According to Shamus Young over on The Escapist, he feels that X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter is one of a small lineup of LucasArts games that deserve another shot at a new life by Disney. He’s totally wrong, by the way, and the only way he’d be more wrong is if he said X-Wing Alliance. ;)
Finally, in deals, there’s a new bundle over on BundleStars that includes Galcon-esque game Planets Under Attack and a bunch of other games for $5.09 currently, which I might snag since I’ve not yet had a chance to try it.
That’s it for this one folks. Have an awesome day!
Hellooooo everyone, and welcome to Monday! I’m off today on account of getting a tooth removed, so I’m writing part of this before I leave for my little operation. I’ll write the rest when I get back, likely on drugs, to add to the entertainment. ;) Sorry for the lack of news later last week, the week totally got away from me. That said, let’s get into some newwwwwws bitches! ;)
- Homeworld – Gearbox has purchased the IP.
Apparently, according to PC Gamer (and other sources, but I saw it there first), someone — and we don’t know who yet — snagged the Homeworld IP in a recent auction of THQ’s assets. Sadly, it wasn’t to the teamPixel folks who’d been trying to hard to raise the funds. Hopefully it ended up in good hands, but we don’t know yet, sadly.
- Infinite Space 3 – There’s some new art and a combat video over on their Kickstarter page. We’re also gonna be interviewing some of the folks behind this game for this week’s podcast, so stay tuned! :)
- Void of Darkness – A couple of updated for your reading pleasure. First, a forum update, followed by a role-playing update, which is nifty.
- StarMade – There are some new server stability fixes and the fixing of a ghost bug.
- ScrumbleShip – According to the dev’s Kickstarter and IndieDB pages, there will be a new launcher for the game called ScrumbleGet. This I like.
- Ring Runner – According to a post on their Kicksarter, their lon-linear arch is nearly complete, which has me all aflutter, as I love non-linear anything. There’s also an interview with their Dryere brothers — the lead devs of the game — in The Leader, which is a good read (based on what I skimmed anyway). ;)
- EVE Online – Loooots of stuff recently. First, from the official site blogs, there’s news of a single sign in for account management, a spotlight on EVE Backstage, and info on the client and EULA modifications. Then from The Mittani, they have articles on the burning of Jita, the death of Aeon, ten years of GARPA and an epic brawl in Ardia which resulted in the loss of ten capital ships.
- Star Rift – Thanks to Goomich over on Steam for letting me know about this new game on Greenlight. It looks like a first/third-person space combat/trading game, and you can learn more from the official site or from the trailer, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- Star Trek Online – There are dev blogs on Romulan ship progression and a revamp to the UI, as well as a video showing off a Legacy Pack, which I’ll embed below.
- Icarus Ascends – The dev for this game came onto our forum to let us know about this game, which looks pretty cool. Go check it out! I’ll embed the video below.
- Escaping Titan – Congrats to the team on their super successful Kickstarter, which brought in over 300% of its goal.
- Infinity – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a nice article summimg up where the game is now after all this time.
- Beyond Beyaan – There are two posts covering UI and data in the game.
- StarDrive – According to a post on RTS Guru, the game will be available this Friday, April 26th. They also have a preview to boot. I’m working on my own preview too, so please stay tuned. :)
- Star Conflict – The latest update to the game brings along sector conquests with it. Nifty!
- Vendetta Online – The game has now been officially released for the iPad! One more reason I wanna get one someday! ;)
- Star Citizen – Part three of the Writer’s Guide is now up, and you can also watch a video with team member Adam Poole, which I’ll also embed below.
But wait, there’s more, we also have some deals to gawk at!!
Finally, the dev of Lex Laser Saves the Galaxy, Again asked me to pimp his game on Kickstarter, so here ya go, and you can see some lovely concept ship art by Philipp Erkinger at the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it folks, now I’m gonna go crawl into a ball and hope this pain goes away soon. ;) Have a great day!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals 4/18-22/13: The Owwie Edition” »
beyond beyaan, dawnstar, endless space, escaping titan, eve online, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, gimbal, Homeworld, Icarus Ascends, Infinite Space 3, infinity, Mass Effect 2, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, ScrumbleShip, star citizen, Star Conflict, Star Rift, star trek online, stardrive, starmade, Vendetta Online, void of darkness
So! Many! Videos! *glug*
Hey y’all, happy Monday! I hopy y’all had a great weekend and, sadly like me, are back to work (kidding, I am SO VERY HAPPY I have such an awesome job). ;) Even though it’s a Monday, we don’t have to a have a case of such, so let’s start the week off right with some spacey game news. :)
- Beyond Beyaan – The big news of the day is that the Kickstarter for Beyond Beyaan began this morning, so that Brent can help spruce the game up some. Head on over and give it a look see! :) I’ll also embed the pitch video below. :) The dev is also giving away some Master of Orion keys over on the GOG forums, so be sure to check that out.
- Rogue System – There’s a new teaser video available that shows some LOVELY shield splash effects that y’all need to see, and I’ll also embed it below. :)
- Enemy Starfighter – Speaking of new videos, there’s a new vid of this game showing off fighter speeds, which I’ll also embed below.
- EVE Online – According to The Mittani, there was a 3,000 ship fight in LowSec this past weekend that you have to freaking see to believe. Apparently fifty dreadnoughts were lost, and nearly forty carriers alone among all sides, which included over 700 corporations and 200 alliances. Holy crap, I tells ya. Eurogamer also has words on this.
- Kerbal Space Program – You can read a new preview over on IGN, and see some new videos over on Twitch.TV that were recorded over the weekend.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new preview up on LevelSave that’s a fun little read.
- Dominion – These guys have a new dev blog for y’all to follow with an RSS feed! YAY RSS feeds! I live off ‘em, for serious.
- StarLife – Thanks to 4xgamer for pointing out some new videos of the game, which I’ll embed below. Note: Their new site needs an RSS feed, for serious. ;) I mean sure, they have a mailing list too, but c’mon. ;)
- X3: Reunion – According to this forum thread, there’s a new build of the Linux version of the game for testing.
- ScrumbleShip – Both the game’s Kickstarter and IndieDB page has more detail about it’s latest 0.20 release, which has a ton of features such as Mac support, new GUI options and much more.
- StarMade – New version 0.089999 (nope, not making that number up) adds a new catalog system which makes for easier searching and faster gameplay, apparently. I need to try it myself to be sure. ;)
- OreSome – Apparently there’s a new first look video from Riddler Gaming er…looking at the game (embedded below), and their IndieDB page has listed several recent changelogs.
- Drifter – The developer posted a new screenshot in which he’s going sightseeing in the game. WANT NOW PLZKTHNXBYE.
- X-Wing – The Game Jar reminisces about the game a little bit.
That’s it for today folks. Have a great one! :)
I Got’cher Videos Right Here Pal! ;)
beyond beyaan, Dominium, drifter, enemy starfighter, eve online, Kerbal Space Program, master of orion, oresome, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, rogue system, ScrumbleShip, Star Wars: X-Wing, starlife, starmade, x3 reunion
I Love Bringing Y’all the News! :)
Hey everyone, happy Thursday!! I hope y’all are having a great week as we get closer to the end of 2012! Wheeee! There were some stories I missed in yesterday’s update, so I’m gonna jump in by starting with those…
- FTL is one of Eurogamer’s Games of 2012 as well as one of the games that defined 2012, according to Gamasutra! Congrats to them! :) FTL is also 50% off on Steam today, making it $4.99, so go get it if you haven’t already!
- Ensign-1′s IndieDB page has been updated with an article on a new mission and new redesigned Ensign-1.
- There’s some news about ScrumbleShip’s December update on their IndieDB page as well, whith some new images from the game.
- There’s a new video of alpha 14 of Void Destroyer which shows off some turret action, and is a fun watch! I’ll also be embedding it below.
- The Predestination Kickstarter has been updated with more information on the human race a note that they’ll be livestreaming today, their last day of the campaign. Not sure exactly where though. :/
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has been updated with a quandry on including starlanes or not.
- The Star Conflict site has new updates that include ship developement fees and corporations, as well as what appears to be a holiday phenomenon.
- The Kickstater for FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior has an update about delaying the games release to fix more bugs. I am totally fine with that. :) I’d rather have a game done right rather than right now. ;)
- EVE Online is going to have a holiday fireworks display later today.
- Finally, the NaCLBox site — which lets you play older DOS games such as TIE Fighter and others in a browser window — has added online multiplayer gaming to their lineup.
- NOT Finally, just as I was putting this together, a new update on Limit Theory appeared on their Kickstarter, talking about the start of full development and much more.
In deals news, over on Desura you can get the spacey MMO thingy Star Sonata for only $0.99 at the moment. Finally, there’s some really nice spaceship art by Kaïro over on the Concept Ships blog.
That’s it for today folks. Have a lovely day, and thanks for visiting!
Continue reading “Spacey Gaming News and Deals – 12/27/12” »
beyond beyaan, ensign 1, eve online, FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior, FTL, limit theory, predestination, ScrumbleShip, Star Conflict, star sonata, tie fighter, Void Destroyer
Taking Hold of the News Once Again!
Hey y’all, happy Monday! I’m mostly back, and while I’m not feeling 100% — maybe 70-80% — but that’s well enough to try and get y’all caught up with nearly a week’s worth of spacey gamey newsey goodness! There’s a lot to cover here, so let’s dive in. :)
- First off, there’s a buncha EVE Online news. According to their blog, the MOMA exhibit they’re in opens today, along with an entry on their in-game holiday celebration. Finally, VG247 has an interview with the game’s lead designer about the recently released expansion pack and much more.
- In Star Citizen news, they have a Friday Update which, among other things, shows off renderings of the MISC Freelancer ship (the ship I kicked for). It looks AWESOME. I’ll also embed the video after the cut. There is also a three way interview by Gary Whitta of both Chris Roberts and David Braben (Part 1, Part 2), which must’ve been awesome to do. I’ll also embed videos after the cut. Finally, PCGamesN has an interview with Chris Roberts on embracing Kickstarter and other stuff.
- Next, congrats to the Predestination folks, as their Kickstarter was fully funded! YAY! They also have a new update showing how planetary exploration works, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- The Kickstarter for Limit Theory has a really juicy update about how NPCs and the contact system works. That same update also has announced new stretch goals, such as planetary and faction ownership. There’s also an interview with Josh over on VG247.
- The sequel to GalCon, named GalCon 2: Galactic Conquest, has also launched a Kickstarter campaign of its own. This time it’s going to be Free-to-Play apparently. Yay?
- The Dominion Kickstarter has a link to this survey asking folks what they’d like to see in the game, to help them “target their efforts’. A noble goal. They’ve also added new vessels to their pitch, updated their FAQ and added a screenshot comparing their Earth to a NASA photo, which is cool.
- The Kickstarter for Colonia has two new videos (only one I can embed) showing off research and production, which look nifty!
- The folks over at God Mode have a review of Miner Wars 2081 that was generally positive.
- The good people at 4xgamer have a great review of Drox Operative. Out of Eight games has some impressions as well, along with a video (which will be embedded after the cut)! That reminds me, I should get to mine! Oh, so much to do, so little time! ;)
- Vendetta Online has a new update which adds a huge 39-mission tree. That sounds awesome! I should maybe try this out.
- Another game that got an update was Gratuitous Space Battles, which includes all sorts of fixes and additions you can read about on Cliff Harris’ blog.
- There’s also an update for Star Conflict, which adds a new game mode called Combat Reconnaissance and more. Sounds nifty! They also have a new dev diary video, which I’ll embed after the cut.
- In other update news, Gemini Wars got a teensy-weensy update that fixes a few little things.
- Final update, Sword of the Stars II got one that fixes a lot of bugs. All clear my eye.
- The peeps over at RTS Guru have revisited Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion after the latest patch, which they seemed to like quite a bit.
- Dirkson has an article over on IndieDB talking about how big space is and how that relates to ScrumbleShip.
- Over on Space Sector, author dayrinni (their spelling, not mine, or else the D would be upper case), has the first in a series of making a 4X game that involves setting the stage.
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has a wonderfully cynical article regarding Elite: Dangerous. ;)
- The Star Command folks have posted an update on their Kickstarter page that the game should have a soft launch in January. Finally!
- There’s a little new update about Oresome over on their IndieDB page showing some newish visual effects.
- Ensign-1 has a new update that detailes a new camera, factions and music. I’ll embed the included video from the update after the cut.
- Finally in gamey news, VG247 (linking a lot to them lately) themselves linked to a site called RGB Classic Games. The cool thing is they have tons of old games you can play right in your browser using a Java applet, which works awesomely. The only reason I include this is because they have a few space games, such as Astrofire and EGA Trek. There are a lot of classics here folks, so check it out.
The only deal I could find for today was an EVE Online – 30 Day Starter Pack at Green Man Gaming for $4.99.
Finally, the Concept Ships blog has some fantastic spaceship art from Kian Ng and Smyk Vitaliy.
That’s it! WHEW! I need some more sleep after that. I promise to get back into regular content soon folks, have tons of reviews, previews and such I need to work on, but the holidays are nuts and being sick didn’t help. Thanks again for your patience as I strive to balance out this blog with life in general. :) Have a lovely day y’all!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 12/5-10/12” »
astrofire, colonia, Dominium, drox operative, ega trek, elite: dangerous, ensign 1, eve online, galcon, galcon 2, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, limit theory, miner wars 2081, oresome, predestination, ScrumbleShip, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, star citizen, Star Command, Star Conflict, Sword of the Stars II, Vendetta Online
Bring On the News!
Hey y’all, happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend (or in our case here in the U.S., a long holiday weekend)! A lot happened over the long weekend and while I don’t usually post on Sundays, some of this is time sensitive. Therefore, let’s get the week started with a ton of spacey gamey news! Remember, all videos that can be embedded will be after the cut.
- There are some Dominion updates over on Kickstarter, including both a screenshot and video of their planetary shader.
- There’s also a new video showing off station building in Deep Space Settlement that’s pretty cool.
- ScrumbleShip has been updated to version 0.19with a “ton of backend changes” such as allowing development on Macs and so on.
- Predestination has updated its Kickstarter with a small FAQ and a look at planetary customization. There’s also an interview with the developer over on 4xgamer.
- The Blockade Runner site has been updated with screenshots of its recent ship conversions, which look pretty cool.
- Vendetta Online has been upgraded to 1.8.237, which includes enhanced password security, fixes for video options and more.
- Space Sector has two articles regarding StarDrive. First, an interview with the developer, followed by news of pre-orders beginning in early 2013.
- Starfarer has been updated to 0.54a, with new character skills and aptitudes, a redesigned fleet interface and so on.
- VG247 has an interesting interview with David Braben regarding Elite: Dangerous. Their Kickstarter also has some new FAQ entries, as well as a development video…finally.
- There’s a fun AAR of Distant Worlds going on on Broken Forum in which the player is using the Star Trek – Picard Era Mod mod to play the Ferengi. Good stuff.
- There’s a new patch for Star Conflict that updates the matchmaking and changes the battle rewards systems.
- There’s a new website up for the upcoming EVE Online: Retribution expansion showing many of the new features.
- There’s a new patch for Drox Operative which allows buying a temporary ceasefire between warring races, among other things.
- Finally in spacey gamey news, you can now get Miner Wars 2081 on Steam, and if you purchased the game already, you can get a Steam key by logging into your account on the official Miner Wars 2081 site.
In other news, Cliff Harris has a great article on Kickstarter inequality which is totally worth a read. In non-gamey news, the lead dev of Beyond Beyaan has a life update, and there are some lovely Halo 4 ship drawings over on the Concept Ships blog. In bargains, there’s a new Fueling Up bundle over on GamersGate which includes Aeon Command and Space Pirates and Zombies.
Finally, the devs behind the Interstellar Marines: Prologue Kickstarter asked me to promote their campaign, and while it’s not a spacey game, I’m happy to help as much as I can.
That’s it folks. Have a great day, and thanks for visiting!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Deals – 11/22-25/12” »
Aeon Command, blockade runner, Deep Space Settlement, distant worlds, Dominium, drox operative, elite: dangerous, eve online, miner wars 2081, predestination, ScrumbleShip, space pirates and zombies, Star Conflict, stardrive, starfarer, Vendetta Online
More News for Y’all! :)
Haaaayyyy y’all, happy hump day! I hope y’all are having a lovely day so far, and to add to that, here’s some spacey news stuffness for y’all to enjoy!
- There are two big news stories of the day, as far as I’m concerned. The first big news is that the Star Citizen Kickstarter blew past is $500,000 funding goal in just six days! Congrats to them!! In related news, Massively has an interview with Chris Roberts regarding boarding, customization and so on, and the official site has a new NewsOrg story.
- The OTHER big news story, in my opinion, is that the Freespace 2 Open folks over on Hard Light have released the latest version of their enhancements, version 3.6.14! YAY!! This adds a whole host of improvements, so go on and update your copy of Freespace 2! ;)
- The Strike Suit Zero folks have released a new Kickstarter update trying to clarify what’s in each of their reward tiers.
- Over on the FleetCOMM : Operation VigriorKickstarter, they’ve announced that they’re going to be updating their builds daily for the IGF submission process, and you can download the latest version of the game by clicking the link on the Kickstarter page each day.
- Also on Kickstarter, the folks behind Ring Runner have released a new demo! This one adds a new research feature, as well as new equipment and abilities. I got a chance to finally sit down and try it out for a few minutes last night, and I had a great time. Really fast and furious combat. :)
- Also on Kickstarter — yeeesh, they should have their own news aggregation service for these updates. RSS feeds at least! C’mon! ;) — Dirkson of ScrumbleShip has begun sending out keys for the beta of the game. I totally got mine, and also tried it out last night. I was a bit confused, but it looks like it has a lot of potential. ;)
- Finally, according to a press release, the Kickstarter for Divine Space – which isn’t on PC/Mac yet but will if their funding is successful — have reached 10% of their funding goal with 29 days left. Good luck to ‘em! :)
- On the EVE Online news page, they’ve announced they’re taking signups for the New Eden $10,000 tournament.
- Over on Space Sector, Adam has an interview with the developer of M.O.R.E. which is a great read.
- Finally, in sadder news, according to an article on Rock, Paper Shotgun, the folks behind Battlestar Galactica Online, Bigpoint, has laid off 120 people, and I hope they all find jobs soon.
That’s it for today! Have a wonderful day y’all!
Hey y’all, welcome to Tuesday! I hope this week’s been treating you well. There’s a good chunk of spacey game news today, so let’s get right to it:
- In Strike Suit Zero news, on their Kickstarter page they’ve announced a new award tier that gets you a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. Also, PC Gamer has a great writeup on the game.
- In 0x10c news, they’ve announced Mac support on their official website, and have a new video up teasing multiplayer combat on their Facebook page (which I’ll embed after the cut).
- Over on Soundcloud, you can listen to a sample of the Ring Runner soundtrack, which sounds pretty cool so far. :)
- Over on the Star Conflict site, they’ve launched a contest wherein you can win in-game currency for writing a story relating to yesterday’s log entry.
- Over on the Kickstarter for M.O.R.E., they have a new entry talking about new add-ons for existing tiers.
- Also on Kickstarter, the Star Citizen folks invite you to get to know one of their own, Martin Galway. They’re also really close to meeting their funding goal! Yay!
- The Nexus 2 Kickstarter — sadly nowhere near meeting their funding goal with only 4 days left — has a list of new interviews up.
- In our final piece of Kickstarter news, the ScrumleShip campaign announced that keys will be going out soon, and laid out where the funding is going.
- In update news, both Lunar Flight and AI War have been updated.
That’s it for today folks. I hope y’all have a great one!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals – 10/23/12” »
0x10c, ai war fleet command, Lunar Flight, m.o.r.e., nexus 2, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, ScrumbleShip, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, Star Conflict, strike suit zero