Spacey Game News and Deals 5/1/13: Mayday! Mayday! We’re Making an Enewsency Landing! ;)
Hey folks, happy hump day and May Day as well!! I hope y’all are having a lovely week so far. I know I am. Got some more time with StarDrive as well as Strike Suit Infinity yesterday, and had a good time with each. The next StarDrive installment will be ready soon (sans screenshots since Fraps decided to stop taking them, dangit) and I hope to have a look at Infinity some time late this week or early next (spoiler: I might like it more than Strike Suit Zero, not 100% yet). ;) Now, with that said, let’s dive into some news!
- Star Citizen – Gamasutra has an article entitled “Crowdfunding, One Year Later” which talks to Chris Roberts and others about their crowdfunding campaign, and it’s a great read. The official game site has a look at the sexy new spacesuit as well, and details the various models. Finally, there’s a new essay called “Will We Never Learn?” that adds some flavor to the game.
- Freespace Open – The latest Hard-Light Productions newsletter has been published with the latest campaign, coding and modding news, and more.
- EVE Online – Lots of articles from The Mittani, including their review of FanFest 2013, a look at the derp frigate, the N3 coalition saying EVE is dead and a story on making Nullsec safer (as if that’s a good idea). Gotta love all the content they pound out. Polygon also has a story about how intial funding for the game was provided by a boardgame, which happens to feature the current mayor of Reykjavík. Finally, Giant Bomb has a fan-made trailer which is fun to watch. Sadly I can’t embed the video.
- StarDrive – RTS Guru has posted their review of the game.
- ScrumbleShip – The game now has tree ships. No, I’m not kidding, and it looks awesome.
- Star Trek Online – The official dev blog has an entry on designing Romulan uniforms. My favorite site on the web, Fashion it So (if you’ve not read this site, you NEED to) has some words on the matter.
- X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter – According to Shamus Young over on The Escapist, he feels that X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter is one of a small lineup of LucasArts games that deserve another shot at a new life by Disney. He’s totally wrong, by the way, and the only way he’d be more wrong is if he said X-Wing Alliance. ;)
Finally, in deals, there’s a new bundle over on BundleStars that includes Galcon-esque game Planets Under Attack and a bunch of other games for $5.09 currently, which I might snag since I’ve not yet had a chance to try it.
That’s it for this one folks. Have an awesome day!