This is Too Awesome Not To Use…
Heh, I wonder if this is gonna become a regular thing, as I did a similar post last week. Regardless, there are some spacey game deals I wanted to let’chall know about. These include:
- BundleStars has a sale on Space Rangers HD for $12.50 for the next three days, which gets you a Steam key. They also have a Reboot Bundle which includes Space Pirates and Zombies, among other games, for $2 currently, which will go up after the first 48 hours are over, they say.
- GOG is currently having a Strategy and Action Special weekend deal which includes Space Empires IV: Deluxe for $3.99 (which isn’t bad, but I’ve seen it for cheaper elsewhere) and O.R.B. for $2.39, which is a great price for what I thought was a seriously underrated game. O.R.B. also comes with a great soundtrack as well.
That’s all I could find for now folks. Enjoy, and happy savings! ;)
Save Your Moneys!
Hey guys! I’m still chipping away at that massive news post I keep promising with now about three weeks of news (around 150 items currently) backlogged, but some sales hit today that I wanted to make y’all aware of. First, Amazon is having a massive Last Summer Deals sale which includes some spacey goodness such as:
Steam is also having an unexpected sale, this time to celebrate one year of Steam Greenlight. Spacey game deals include:
If someone was to ask me what the best deals here were, I’d say X3: Gold in the Amazon sale (since it also includes Alnion Prelude, which is pretty decent) and Ring Runner. On Steam, though there’s not much of a game there yet, Kinetic Void has a ton of potential, so it’s a small price to pay for what hopefully will be a great game. Enjoy!
Edit: This just dropped as I wrote this post, but there’s a massive Paradox Humble Weekly Bundle that, white at its base doesn’t include any space games, if you pay $125 you get nearly fifty Paradox games which includes Sword of the Stars II. I’ll likely get the smaller bundle just for the soundtracks alone my own self, but wow, overall that’s a damned fine deal.
Armada 2526, Armada 2526 Supernova, Dark Star One, galactic dream, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, kinetic void, miner wars 2081, o.r.b., Ring Runner, Space Empires 5, star ruler, stardrive, stellar impact, Sword of the Stars II, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, x3 terran conflict, X: Beyond the Frontier
OMG NEW NEWS GRAPHIC! ;)
Hey folks, happy Friday! Sorry about the lack of news yesterday, was a crazy day and just didn’t have time. There’s two days worth of stuff here, so let’s get right to it!
- Vendetta Online – The Kickstarter — which has only 53 hours left with only 44% funded — has a new update showing off the game on an iPad.
- Beyond Beyaan – Their Kickstarter — which has four days left and is 95% funded — has a new post showing off two races and new stretch goals.
- Rules of Engagement 2 – Thanks to reader Robert for letting me know that OMG THE MANUAL IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ONLINE. Head over to Scribd to check it out.
- EVE Online – The Mittani has two great articles up, one on the U930 massacre, and one on learning the hard way in the game about luck and loss.
- Enemy Starfighter – First new update in a while! This time there’s a post on new AI in the game, which looks awesome.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new patch called Guarding the Space that optimizes the graphics and controls, as well as new wallpaper for y’all to download.
- Endless Space – Apparently their 4th add-on will be titled Virtual Awakening, and they have a post showing a new hero and new tech. Fun stuff, I hope!
- Escaping Titan – Tyler was interviewed by the folks on Gamezone about the game.
- StarDrive – The folks at IncGamers have written up a lovely preview of the game.
- Star Citizen – There’s a new issue of The Lost Generation on the official site, and their Facebook page has a cool modeling graphic of a Bengal carrier.
- Star Trek Online – Apparently Andorian escort vessels are now available in the game, and they look wonderfully menacing, I think.
- StarLife – There’s some new concept art by Aimee Seaver for y’all to gawk at. :)
- FringeSpace – Thanks to Jim for letting me know about this one. It’s apparently a project to remake Tachyon: The Fringe in the Freespace engine. I love the idea.
- Stars of Call – On our forums, user Mutos let us know about a Naev total conversion that’s based on their original fictional universe. It looks pretty damned cool, and you can try it out for free.
- Ring Runner – There’s a great new video showing off a multiplayer match with bots, which I’ll embed below the cut.
- Bitfighter – This is a new free multiplayer space combat game over on Desura that looks kinda fun.
Now, in deals, there are a LOT to go over, so let’s dive in:
- Gratuitous Space Battles is having a free weekend on Steam, plus the game itself is 75% off, meaning the base game is $3.74 and the “complete” pack is $4.74. The discount isn’t on the latest DLC though.
- Lunar Flight (PC, Mac) is on sale at GetGames for 4.99.
- The Indie Gala Colossus bundle includes a copy of Galactic Civilizations 1: Ultimate Edition along with a buncha other games if you pay around $5 as I write this.
- Amazon is having a HUGE Farewell to February sale, which includes a few space games such as Space Empires 5 for $4.99, O.R.B. for $2.49 and Spacebar (which I’ve never heard of) for $1.24.
- While not technically a space game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit — from the folks who made the Sword of the Stars space games — is finally available and going for $8.99 on GamersGate. Initial impressions are quite mixed on this one.
Finally, in kinda-related news, one of the co-founders of the Unity engine, which a lot of space game devs are using these days, it seems, has left the company to make games on his own. Finally finally, Ziff-Davis closed down 1Up, UGO and GameSpy yesterday, all of which gave decent coverage to space games, so I wish all those folks luck in finding new gigs.
That’s it for today folks! Have an awesome weekend!
Continue reading “Spacey Gamey News and Dealsies 2/21-22/13: Random Bucket of Randomness” »
beyond beyaan, bitfighter, endless space, enemy starfighter, escaping titan, eve online, fringespace, galactic civilizations, gratuitous space battles, Lunar Flight, o.r.b., Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, Rules of Engagement 2, Space Empires V, spacebar, star citizen, Star Conflict, star trek online, stardrive, starlife, stars of call, sword of the stars, Vendetta Online
Bring On the News!
Hey everyone, happy Friday! As this will very likely be the last thing I post before Christmas day, I wanted to wish all those who celebrate the holiday a joyous, fun, and present-filled holiday. :) Now let’s jump into some news and deals!
- First up the Emeny Starfighter site has been updated with two awesome videos showing some fun, short bits of the game. I’ll embed these below, but be sure to check ‘em out, especially the one showing things getting blowed up. ;)
- Okay, get this folks. There’s a new update for one of the Distant Worlds expansions, but not Legends, rather, Return of the Shakturi. That’s kinda crazy awesome. Apparently, “v188.8.131.52 update incorporates all the bug fixes and performance improvements from Distant Worlds: Legends,” which is pretty cool if you’ve not purchased Legends yet.
- Star Trek Online Community Manager Brandon “BranFlakes” Felczer was interviewed on the Deck Eight podcast.
- The Limit Theory Kickstarter has been updated with talk on creating a faction and a new tech demo, which I’ll embed below. Definitely looking awesome!
- Rock, Paper Shotgun has posted an excellent review of Drox Operative that anyone on the fence about getting the game needs to read.
- Iteration 14 of Void Destroyer has been released, which includes a new command mode, turret enhancements and more!
- The Vendetta Online folks have released their holiday newsletter, which offers some free time for previous subscribers and so on.
- The Star Conflict folks are now offering gold standards for victories in battles, which can be used as currency in the game it seems.
- Finally, the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter has been updated with video of a scavenger hunt (embedded below) as well as some other useful links. Whoopiedeedoo.
Now onto deals, of which there are a bunch today. First off, GamersGate’s holiday sale seems to be in full force, and they have the following funness:
WHEW. Now, we’re not done yet, because DotEmu is also having a sale, which includes the following:
NOW we’re done, and I need a nap. ;) Again, have a wonderful and festive holiday folks, and thanks as always for visiting. :)
Get’cher Videos Right This Way, Folks!
dark matter, darkstar one, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, drox operative, elite: dangerous, enemy starfighter, galactic civilizations, galactic civilizations ii, galactic dream, gratuitous space battles, independence war 2, Independence War Deluxe Edition, limit theory, master of orion, Master of Orion III, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Space Empires IV, Space Empires V, Star Conflict, star fury, star trek online, stellar impact, Vendetta Online, Void Destroyer
The News is Back!
Hey folks, happy Tuesday! SO SORRY I didn’t post yesterday, but I was sick as a dog. Apparently I have a bronchial infection, woohoo! It subsided for a week or so but came back full force this past weekend, so badly that I went to the doctor yesterday. Now I have drugs!! Woohoo! So let me bring you up to speed on all the spacey gamey newsiness in my drug-enduced sleepy haze, and enjoy!
- First, there are a bunch of news bits about Elite: Dangerous. First, Frontier Developents laid off fourteen people as a result of “changing mix of skills requirements for our current and future projects”. I’m sure I speak for us all when I say we wish them the best of luck during this tough time. Despite this, the number of updates over on Kickstarter has really kicked it up a notch. These updates include part 3 of the Chris Roberts/David Braben Interview (embedded after the cut), an updated FAQ, a new render of an Anaconda plus news that anyone pledging over ninety pounds will get all content updates forever, and a video with David Braben talking about the game’s development plan (also embedded below). WHEW.
- The Kickstarter for Skyjacker has its first update about why it exists, as well as a new update looking at transformations, which is really nifty!
- Adam Solo over on Space Sector has an interview with the CEO of Iceberg Interactive about all sorts of fun stuff!
- There’s a new spacey game coming called Barrage which is a 4X thingy that we don’t know much about yet, but sounds nifty! The dev let me know about it via Twitter.
- The Predestination Kickstater has a new update looking at their first stretch goal, accepting Paypal donations and more.
- The Dominion Kickstarter page has a new update in which they blow crap up!
- There’s a new reviews of Drox Operative over at Gamer Living, ElcomeSoft, GamerCast and a video review by Strafing Forward as well! Yay! (Yes, I know I have mine to do. :P) You can now also buy the game from the Mac Game Store.
- There’s a video preview of Retrobooster over at GamersDissent. Looks like a good time.
- The Star Citizen site has an update about their partnership with Behavior Interactive, an update on their forums and plenty more.
- There are two new meaty Limit Theory updates on their Kickstarter, including a space station tech demo and new stretch goals, among other things!
- There’s a new dev blog talking about Polaris, the third free content update for Endless Space.
- There are some new screenshots of Strike Suit Zero on their Facebook page.
- According to their blog, Ensign-1 now supports Xbox 360 controllers.
- There’s a new blog update on the Rodina website talking about revamped planet generators.
- A new update for Star Made brings a shield system, a revised chat system and more!
- Star Conflict now has friends lists as part of their most recent update, according to their blog.
- Finally, RTS Guru has an article entitled “Do Strategy Gamers care about Visual effects?” that mentions FTL a bit.
SHEEESH! But wait folks, we’re not done! We also have DEALS, starting with a bunch from GamersGate today, which are as follows:
Next up, the Groupees folks have a Build a Greenlight Bundle that includes Salvation Prophecy.
Finally in deals, DotEmu has a bunch, including:
FINALLY, we have some great concept spaceship from MANCHU and Steve Shi from the Concept Ships blog.
WHEEEEW! Thanks for your patience folks, REALLY appreciate it. Once I get better and the holidays are over I should be able to resume something of a normal schedule and get more actual content out. :) Have a great day y’all!
This Way for All The Videos!
barrage, darkstar one, Dominium, drox operative, elite: dangerous, endless space, ensign 1, FTL, gratuitous space battles, limit theory, miner wars 2081, o.r.b., predestination, retrobooster, rodina, Salvation Prophecy, skyjacker, Space Empires IV, space empires: starfury, star citizen, Star Conflict, star made, strike suit zero
OMG THE SALES! RUN! SAVE YOURSELVES!
Happy Black Friday y’all! I hope y’all had a lovely Thanksgiving here in the US, and I hope y’all are jumping on all the sales today. In trying to help y’all out, I’m putting this post all the non-Steam sales on spacey games I can find. Here we go:
Warning: LONG List Ahead!
Armada 2526, arvoch alliance, arvoch conflict, dark horizon, darkstar one, distant worlds, Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi, distant worlds legends, endless space, evochron legends, Evochron Mercenary, Evochron Renegades, Galactic Civilizations I, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, genesis rising, Haegemonia - Legion of Iron, Haegemonia - The Solon Heritage, master of orion, Master of Orion III, o.r.b., Outforce, sins of a solar empire trinity, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, Smugglers IV, sol exodus, Space Trade, star ruler, star wolves, Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3: Civil War, Starships Unlimited v3, stellar impact, sword of the stars, Sword of the Stars II, x3 albion prelude, x3 reunion, X3: Gold Edition, X3: Terran Conflic
Look! News! And Deals Too!
Hey y’all, happy Tuesday! I hope all of our friends on the east coast of the US are okay, and that everyone affected by hurricane Sandy recovers quickly and easily. I dunno how to segue into gaming news after that, so I’ll just jump right in:
- The Star Citizen Kickstarter reached $750,000 last night, so every backer gets a AMX-1 Repair Droid in their garage. Nifty! I also forgot to post the second part of Rock, Paper Shotgun’s interview with Chris Roberts the other day, sorries. The official site also has new entries in the Cassandra’s Tears and Tales of the Crimson Kid stories.
- The Strike Suit Zero Kickstarter campaign now has a community Q&A video. I’d embed it, but it’s one of them Kickstarter vids, sorry. They’ve also announced you can customize your rewards as well, if you wish.
- The folks at Amplitude Studios have a new dev blog which gives a quick Halloween update regarding their second add-on for Endless Space.
- There’s a new “Fortress-size It” beta update for AI War which “greatly expands the module variety available to modular fortress owners in champion games”.
- Finally, in news, an EVE Online dev blog has announced the expansion of the buddy program, which looks pretty cool.
Now, we have a buncha sales today too!
- First off, Steam is having a Halloween Sale which includes a ton of games, most notably to us, the fantastic Space Pirates and Zombies for $2.49.
- Then, Green Man Gaming is having a Aliens & Space Promo, which includes the following spacey deals:
- Finally, the Stardock folks mentioned that Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale at a few retailers, but so far I can only find it on Gamestop for $4.98.
And finally, in non-spacey game news, the Concept Ships blog has a lovely spaceship painting by MANCHU.
That’s it for today folks, have a great day, and stay safe!
ai war fleet command, Armada 2526, endless space, eve online, galaxy on fire, gemini wars, o.r.b., sins of a solar empire trinity, sol exodus, Space Empires IV, space empires: starfury, space pirates and zombies, star citizen, star ruler, starpoint gemini, stellar impact, strike suit zero
Plenty of News to End the Week :)
Hey y’all, happy Friday! The weekend is here, yay, and let me tell you, I plan to play a goodly amount of games to make up for the disasterbasket that was last weekend. As for newsies and dealsies, let’s jump in the deep end, shall we?
- The folks at Rock, Paper Shotgun have a VERY long interview with Chris Roberts regarding Star Citizen. I’ve not read it yet — SO LONG — but I’ve skimmed it, and it looks very cool. ;)
- Over on Kickstarter, the Strike Suit Zero folks have announced they’ve reached $75,000 in pledges so far ($79,000 as I write this) along wth a new stretch goal for Mac and Linux versions of the game at $180,000.
- In Eve Online stuff, they have news of an upcoming frigate free-for-all, as well as a new dev blog regarding new destroyers and ship balancing, with a video as well that I’ll embed after the cut.
- Space Sector has a new Indie Stellar Venture article regarding a new 4X (or 5X for eXperience?) game entitled Star Czar which looks pretty cool.
- On TwitchTV, they have multiplayer footage from a test run of 0x10c from Notch, the game’s creator. I’ll also try to embed it after the cut.
- There’s also a new movie on the Drox Operative site made for the IGF, which I’ll also embed after the cut. There’s also a new patch available with new UI elements and bug fixes.
- Finally for news, there are updates for Void Destroyer, Star Conflict and AI War.
In deals news, the folks at DotEmu are having some kinda odd Strategy First sale thingy, but it has spacey games, including:
Finally, in non-gamey news, the Concept Ships blog has two great entries for us today, one from Daniel Graffenberger and one from Jeremiah Humphries.
That’s it for today folks! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Continue reading “Space Game News and Deals – 10/26/12” »
0x10c, ai war fleet command, darkstar one, drox operative, eve online, o.r.b., Space Empires IV, space empires: starfury, star citizen, Star Conflict, star czar, strike suit zero, Void Destroyer
What? Look, I Know This Image is Stupid, But It’s Tough Finding Free Stock Images of ‘News’. :P
Hey y’all, happy Friday! I’d like to say this first week of daily news digests is going well! It’s keeping me focused on writing SOMETHING each day, and I hope it’s helping keep y’all informed as to all the spacey gamey goodness out there. Now with that said, let’s dive in:
- Sol Trader has been updated with new AI traders, revised UI screens, and save/load functionality. Seems like a good time to try this little beauty, huh? I know I’m gonna.
- According to a press release, the folks behind Iron Sky Invasion are using actors from the film — which I still need to see — in the game, which is pretty cool.
- The folks behind Blackspace posted an update on their Kickstarter page talking about new reward add-ons.
- Also on Kickstarter, the folks behind Ring Runner have announced a new award tier that allows users to help create a whole new skill for the game.
- And in the final Kickstarter update, the folks behind M.O.R.E. have announced that their game has been fully funded. Congrats to them!!!
- Paste Magazine has a great review of FTL up.
In today’s deals, we have a couple worth mentioning:
Thanks to Bryan for this tip! The folks at GetGames are having a Sci-Fi Sale
which includes the following spacey games (which are all pretty good deals in my opinion):
In non-space-gamey news, Cliff Harris — the bloke behind Gratuitous Space Battles – announced that after many years, his game Diplomacy 2 is finally on Steam! Congrats Cliff! Finally, there are some fantastic spaceship paintings by Adrien Girod over on the Concepts Ships blog.
That’s it for now y’all! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Armada 2526, blackspace, gemini wars, gratuitous space battles, iron sky invasion, m.o.r.e., o.r.b., really big sky, Ring Runner - Flight of The Sages, sol trader, Space Empires IV, star fury, star ruler, starpoint gemini
This game can be had for a song.
The folks over at GamersGate are having a huge (17 pages worth!) sale which includes a ton of space games for ridiculously low prices. The list is fairly long, so take a look after the cut:
Continue reading “Huge GamersGate Sale with PLENTY of Space Games” »