Haaaaaaaay guuuuuys, happy Friday! So sorry about missing yesterday, but it was a bit wackadoo up in here, so I’ve got a double dose of newsiness today, along with some deals. Let’s finish off the week with a bunch of fun! Wheee!
- Thanks to Space Sector for letting us know about a new spacey game called Terrestrial Domination on Kickstarter. I’ll embed the pitch video below, because apparently you can do that now (is that a new thing? It looks like a new thing).
- Over on the Kickstarter for Skyjacker (which I’m not sure if it’s SkyJacker or Skyjacker because they always SPELL IT IN ALL CAPS which kinda drives me nuts), they have an update with new reward tiers and wallpapers.
- RTS Guru has a fan-created video of concept map art for Galcon 2, which I’ll be embedding below.
- Over on the FTL forums, some awesome person created a Lego Kestrel, which needs to go on sale immediately so I can buy one.
- According to the Lunar Flight website, the Steam community hub now has a bunch of tips for new pilots, which I need to get to reading so I can stop crashing this crazy thing.
- The cool spacey miney gamey thing OreSome is now available on Desura for $3.99. I should snag myself a copy soon.
- There are reviews of Drox Operative over on Capsule Computers, Space Sector and Video Game Writers. Yes, yes, I know I need to write mine, back off. ;)
- 4xgamer has a new column entitled “eXposed” which looks at forgotten 4X games from the past, starting with GalactiCards, which isn’t even on my list! Shame on me! Even *I* missed that one. ;)
- The Kickstarter for Slipspace has a new update with some new…updates from the team.
- According to VGN247, there’s now a planned Mac version of Elite: Dangerous.
- The Ring Runner Kickstarter has an update with a tentative release schedule and some other tidbits.
- Jon Shafer has a new article on turn-based vs. real-time game design that sadly mentions Master of Orion 3.
- Finally, sites are making preditions for 2013 which includes some space games! Rock, Paper Shotgun mentions Strike Suit Zero, while PC Gamer also mentions Strike Suit Zero, 0x10c, Infinity, Star Command, Ring Runner, Starlight Inception, Northstar, Planetary Annihilation, X Rebirth, Drifter and Kinetic Void (why these are listed as strategy, I’ve no idea), and a page on 2014, which mentions Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous.
In non-gamey news, SolCommand has a new Goldminer model in progress. In deals news, only one today, and that’s Evochron Mercenary is 75% off for the next ten hours on Steam, bringing it down to $6.24, a total steal.
Thanks for reading folks, and have a great weekend!