Hello folks, and happy Friday! The weekend is FINALLY here, and my GOD do I need it because I am soooo freaking tired. This week has kicked my ass, and I don’t even know why. Hopefully getting plenty of rest and gaming time this weekend will help. What are y’all up to this weekend, and what are y’all playing? It’s a light news day, so let’s get to it…
- Star Citizen – There was a presentation from the Cloud Imperium folks about the game and stuff (I haven’t seen it). However, you can now purchase a Retaliator heavy bomber ($250 – Concept Art) or a Gladiator bomber ($150 – Concept Art) for a limited time. They also announced The Next Great Starship contest starting early next year, in which modders can submit designs for new ship for the game and win all types of prizes.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony – A new dev blog video shows off new hand-crafted space stations in the game.
- Astrobase Command – A new developer blog talks design theory and the “semiotics of choice“.
- Wing Commander – The CIC has an article on the history of the Victory battlegroup, while Quarter to Three has a look back at Privateer.
- EVE Online – The official site has a community spotlight on Diana Dial and her site, EVETimeCode.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev blog discussing the design of the Voth race.
Finally, we have one deal from GOG. This weekend they’re having an Exciting EA Exclusives sale, and almost all the Wing Commander games (save the recently released Academy) are on sale.
That’s it folks, have an awesome weekend!