Finally, Another Week Ends – Daily Dispatch for 9/7/18
Happy Friday y’all! I am so, so happy the weekend is here, and especially that it’s not TOO busy a weekend. I feel like I’m still recovering from the exhaustion of last weekend, but I should be able to find the energy to actually make content for next week, so yay! Finally that Empyrean Frontier review y’all have been waiting for! ;) If I can fit in anything else I will, but making videos is draining y’all, so we’ll see. I hope to get a little “me time” in as well, gaming-wise. I was able to clear enough HD space to install Far Cry: Primal, which I’ve been just ITCHING to play (I wish I had the space to install Steep or The Division, but alas…), so I’m looking forward to helping the Wenja secure their valley.
Now, you might be asking, why not just get a new hard drive, Brian? Well, I’m planning to get an entirely new rig in the next month or two, and I’d prefer — for some reason — to get everything at once. I wanna start completely fresh, try to get the lowest prices possible, and I don’t want stuff sitting around waiting to be used while I wait for the upcoming RTX 2080s to be released. This is the rig I’ve got planned. Just waiting for the video cards to get in stock. So can’t wait. Until then, I’ll limp along on what little space I have.
Anyway, enough about me…
For last night’s LAN Party, we were able to play the amazing top-down shooter, Geneshift, along with the developer and members of the Geneshift community. If you’re unaware, Geneshift is made by a guy who pines for the day of multiplayer Grand Theft Auto 2. Now while I feel GTA2 is the finest game in the series, I never got into the multiplayer — I was strictly no multiplayer back then — so it was a real treat to try this out. We first played the test of the game’s upcoming Battle Royale mode. I’d never played a BR game before this, so it took me a spell to figure out what was going on, but it was so fast, violent and fun. We also tried many other multiplayer modes, and had a blast. The game also has a campaign that can be played in single-player or four-person co-op. It’s really a fantastic game that y’all should check out.
- Sector Six — which I’m not entiiiiirely sure is a space game, but I’m gonna check it out regardless – left early access today.
- Starflight 3’s Fig campaign now has backer-exclusive items, and they also have an interview with Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford, who’s almost as big a Starflight fan as I am. ;)
- Galactic Dominion went live after yesterday’s post, and is currently on sale, so check it out. If you wanna see me try to play it, check out my video.
- No Man’s Sky has a new development update mostly talking about their recent community event.
- Avorion details their next update, which will include permanent ship upgrades.
- Space Scavenger has a dev diary about their upcoming updates as well.
- MegaWars has a patch that adds HTML planet pages and deals with lag.
- Interstellar Rift got a teensy patch today that fixes a memory problem, among other things.
- Astrela Starlight has a new patch that fixes movement (thank GOD, that was my biggest issue with the game) and other things.
- EVE Online detailed its September update, which spruces up some ships and adds some fixes.
- AI War 2 has a patch which fixes issues with auto-targeting, among other things.
- GOG is having their Back to School Sale Finale right now, so stuff that passed by as flash sales is back. Check it out!
What I’ve Been Playing
- Mario Tennis Power Tour – My second game for my new Gameboy Advance, and I’ve not even played any tennis yet, as this game is SO MUCH heavier on story than Mario Golf Advance Tour. Not complaining, I was just surprised is all.
That’s it for today y’all! Did you enjoy this first week of daily dispatches? I have to say it was kinda hard doing a couple of them, but doing it daily keeps them so much more manageable! If there’s anything you’d like to see, or that I could be doing better, don’t hesitate to let me know. Have a great weekend everyone!